Return to Gobwin Bump

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Return to Gobwin Bump

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 am

Okay, let's see what happens. Saruham's Archers engage the enemy archers, then retreat to D6.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/24/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am

Well, that was pointless.

Spoiler: show
COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: C7
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 1837
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 41
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 40
Level of Highest Commander: 3
Special Bonus: 0.0
Trump Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 50%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: -27

Defender:
Total Attack Value: 32
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 24
Total Terrain & Walls Defence: 40
Level of Highest Commander: 0
Special Bonus: 0.0
Trump Bonus: 0.0
Random Percentage: 60%

Hits Inflicted on Attacker: -20

The archers exchange volleys but do no damage to each other. Saruham sees discretion as the better part of valor, and retreats, not only to D6, but to E6 as well. He is joined by Lardz and his stacks, as the battleplan is revised.

Going to need more than me to take GP, as I do not have siege (and have been getting crappy rolls). Unless the enemy follows me out of the city, I stand no chance of taking it by myself (and even with good air support I doubt it). Should we refocus on LB then come around to take GP?

Build queue: 57 points from last turn + 70 from this turn + 53 from the croaked twoll. = 180

Building 2 baconrogs (174) and storing 6 points. The rogs go to join their brothers, making a terrifying 6 stack (120a/30d with lvl 3 leadership)

Oh how I wish I could add foolamancy to Hamwise.

Last Updated 4/24/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm

We have until Thursday, so no rush to move. Let's consider this.

First off, striking:

Air-support (the Diwi stack) can barely make it to Gobport (meaning, it would need to use the Foolamancy movement bonus), and it can just about reach Little Bump while consuming all of its natural move.

So my guess is we won't be attacking any of those cities just yet.

Therefore, first idea is to move slowly forward with EI and SG stacks (just a couple of hexes towards Little Bump), while bringing some of the Nawnian Siege along (or just behind). I'd rather not send all Nawnian units forward, and certainly we should never leave GB undefended.

Another, more pressing matter: pop point movement. We should do this ASAP, I think, at least if we think we have good defenses at Gobwin Hollow. I'd rather keep that city if at all possible.

So, ideas, suggestions?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon May 09, 2011 6:23 pm

thoughts: Ignore GP for now, chase after their larger stacks (if they have to follow the same rules as us, they can only pop in GP at the moment, if not, we shouldn't let them build up those stacks anyhow).

Move pop point next turn, but keep some defensive units there, or near there (especially a stack with some scouting).

I'll retreat units to GB and build walls there, reinforcing my stacks back up to 10 the next turn after we move (next turn we'll have some walls there).

Then we can move the siege up and take out little bump. I'm thinking they only have those two cities left...otherwise this side is much larger than we suspect, and I don't trust the C Elfs.

Last Updated 4/24/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby HerbieRai » Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am

Allright then. I would like to post a warning about a "ring around the rosy" we're going to be playing. As we attack the little bump, the enemy is going to move to gobboport, then as we move to gobboport he's going to move back to the main bump.

Popping : 70 + 1 (left over) = 71
popping 2 storm troopers = 66
71 - 66 = 5 pts left over

Darth vader and stack of 8 storm troopers move to beaver fort
4 christmas critters move to gobwin bump
freddy and manbearpig stack moves to H8
Lookamancy on J9
HerbieRai

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 am

I'll wait for Lookamancy results to see what to do about Nawnia, however I think that the SG stack can follow. So Lord Wivingston will go to H8 along with Freddy.

The ring of roses thing is an issue. We need to make sure that we can properly defend. And tigerusthegreat's attack on Gobport, while premature, may be necessary eventually.

Observe one other thing- Gwegor is not to be found at Little Bump. Dun-dun-duuunn!
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Observe one other thing- Gwegor is not to be found at Little Bump. Dun-dun-duuunn!

Please don't read too much into this - Gwegor may or may not be a Little Bump, he simply isn't a part of any stack. The same as when he was at Gobwin Bump. Only when in the field did he appear as part of a stack.
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Wed May 11, 2011 8:04 am

[quote="BLANDCorporatio"]I'll wait for Lookamancy results to see what to do about Nawnia, [\quote]

Lookamancy comes in next turn. Basically, I say a hex during each turn, and next turn that hex is scouted. There won't be any lookamancy results this turn.
HerbieRai

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed May 11, 2011 8:23 am

Ah, ok.

I'll be thinking about whether to move Siege to that location. It's rather far, can Siege get there?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 am

G7 *should* be completely safe and you'll be able to reach the little bump next turn. All enemy units only have move 2, so can't reach. I moved my stacks wide so if they attack (I am in range) It'll leave them out in the middle of nowhere.
HerbieRai

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed May 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Ok then, so what we do know so far is:

SG stack goes along with EI to H8.
All Nawnian units from Fort Beaver go to Gobwin Bump. If possible, a wall is built there by King Peter I think.

I'm a bit wary of making the Nawnian units move H6->G7. It leaves them away from our other two stacks, and there's that one stack of Spidew Riders (to say nothing of stacks we may not see, or stacks that were not popped yet). But OTOH, having them at H8 puts them in range of all the stabber stacks.

Plus, supposing the enemy has something Flier-like hidden at E8, said units could reach our Siege regardless of whether it was placed at G7 or H8. And we seem to have better coverage of the map near G7 than near H8, so all things considered, H6-G7 looks safeish.

Therefore,

All Nawnian units move from H6 to G7.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed May 11, 2011 3:28 pm

At some point, we'll want to move the pop point. Also, Fort Beaver will need better defenses (units, I mean, guarding it). Right now its only defense is its supposed distance from the front.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 pm

11 hours until the end of the turn.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Ferrrr-Durrrp!

The Alliance turn has come to an end.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Incidentally, now it's my turn to be away for the weekend. Next post, Monday. I think I'll be in time to post orders for myself, but if not, HerbieRai knows what to do ... I think :)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Fri May 13, 2011 8:45 pm

The Gobwin Bump Turn passes without incident.

Ferrr-Durrrp!

The Alliance Turn has now begun:

Alliance Units and Locations:
Isenlard
Stack B [e6]
Saruham the White Meat {Cwoakamancer/Dittomancer} Lvl 3.3
9 Uruk-Ham Archers
Scout Lvl 1

Stack A [g5]
6 Bacon-rog
Commander Hamwise Hamgee Lvl 3.1
Stack G [e6]
Lardz the Uruk Ham Captain(Dirtamancy) Lvl 2.1
8 Uruk-Ham Pikers
Scout Lvl 3

Steam Gentlemen
Stack C [h8]
Stack: 2 Ottow Motor, Diwigible, 4 Steam plane, Diwigible, Scout Lvl 1, Lord Wivingston (Rockin' Out, Cwoakamancy, Foolamancy) Lvl 3

Evil Imagination Land
Stack E [h8]
3 Manbearpig
5 Christmas Critter
Commander Freddy Creuger (Dancefighting, Cwoakamancy) Lvl 2.1
level 4 scout - 160

Stack D [g5]
8 Storm Troopers
Commander Darth Vader (Dittomancy, Lookamancy) Lvl 2

Stack L [g6]
4 Christmas Critter

Nawnia
Stack H [g7]
8 Centaurs
Queen Jadis the Cwoakamancer (Rockin' Out) Lvl 6.1

Stack F [g7]
8 Dwarf Siege (1st is 4/15 hits) 120H 88A 32D
King Edmund Lvl 4

Stack K [g6]
3 Dwarf Siege

Stack P [g6]
8 Beaver Pikers
High King Peter (Dirtamancy) Lvl 3.1
Scout 2

Stack Q [i5]
1 Dwarf Siege

Stack R [e4]
3 Centaurs

Fort Beaver [g5] has 36 point walls
Gobwin Bump has 16 point walls
Gobwins' Hollow is a level 1 city, with 70 points of walls.

Gobwin Units and Locations:
K [f9] 8 Spidew Riders 72H 40A 32D
L
M [f9] 8 Gobwin Archers 56H 32A 24D
N [c7] 8 Gobwin Archers 56 Hits, 32 Attack, 24 Defence
O [f9] 8 Gobwin Archers 56 Hits, 32 Attack, 24 Defence
P [f9] 8 Gobwin Archers 56 Hits, 32 Attack, 24 Defence
S [f9] 9 Twoll Siege Guns 134H, 112A, 8D
T [f9] 2 Twoll Stabbers, 6 Gobwin Stabbers, Commander Tuzki (lookamancer) Lvl 3 58H, 48A, 10D
U [f9] 2 Twoll Stabbers, 6 Gobwin Stabbers, Commander Buzket: Lvl 3, Scout 3 90H, 64A, 26D
V
W [c7] 2 Twoll Stabbers, 6 Gobwin Stabbers 90H, 64A, 26D
X [c7] 2 Twoll Stabbers, 6 Gobwin Stabbers 90H, 64A, 26D
Y [f9] 2 Twoll Stabber, 6 Gobwin Stabbers, Commander Pozka Lvl 2 (Dancefighting) 90H, 64A, 26D

FYI:
Twoll Siege Gun 15 Hits 14 Attack 1 Defence 2 Move Cost Per 34
Gobport is a level 2 city with 40 points of walls.
Little Bump is a level 2 city with 40 points of walls. Little Bump is the capital of the Gobwin Nation.

The Alliance Turn begins now. Each player has 40 points to spend. The Alliance turn will end in 96 hours, that is, Wednesday, 11am AET (1am GMT).
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Fri May 13, 2011 8:55 pm

A Message from Commander-in-Chief, Allied Forces:

To: All Allied Commanders in the field, Allied Expeditionary Forces, Gobwin Bump Territories.

The Battle against Stanley the Tool and his decrypted forces is draining more troops and resources from the Allied Coffers. It is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain our support for the Expeditionary Force, while our home cities and lands are under attack. The pressure on Unaroyal in particular is very strong.

Maintaining a force at the end of a long supply line is very inefficient. It is our estimate that for every three schmuckers dispatched to our forces in the field, only 1 is arriving. The income that the Alliance is deriving from captured cities in the Gobwin Nation is inadequate to make up this shortfall, as the corruption rating for a realm so distant from an alliance Capital is astronomical.

While the Alliance debates the best approach as we move forward, it is imperative that Commanders in the field expedite actions against the Gobwin Nation, and the forces of Gwegor the Gweat. If Unaroyal falls, communication between Alliance Headquarters and the Expeditionary Forces will be broken. You will be on your own.

I strongly urge all field commanders to bring maximum effort against Gwegor before we are unable to help you further.

Yours,

Prince Ossomer of Jetstone.
LTDave

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat May 14, 2011 10:11 am

Let's move our pop point to GB now.

Lardz, Saruham, and Hamwise will move to GB. Lardz will build up the walls there (16 points)

Last Updated 4/24/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Twoy » Sun May 15, 2011 7:05 am

I agree that we should move the pop point to GB.

What does everyone think about destroying Gobwin's Hollow, and Fort Beaver?

I have 121 pop points, which would be enough to pop a full stack of mouse stabbers (56 points) and a warlord to take the turns necessary to clean up behind ouselves?

It would take three turns starting next turn to destroy Gobwin's Hollow, its wall, and Fort Beaver.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 am

voice from the back of the crowd wrote:"But Queen Jadis - won't we need the income from that city if we get cut off from the rest of the Alliance and have to start our own side?

I'm just asking, is all."
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games