Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:52 pm

malekith wrote:(Resolved) The Shadow!

me just being impatient here, but would it be possible to have solo PCs that perhaps work against the party? would make it more interesting. but it's up to you gerwulf cos it's a bit more work.

M

Blast! I have been discovered! ~Grabs the old woman and a lifeboat and rows like mad after casting fist of stone to raise his str to 20 to better row for dear life~
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm

It just occurred to me to ask... Are the gods alright? Would a cleric know if something is seriously amiss with his god (especially anything big enough to leave him without spells)?
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Gerwulf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:56 pm

As best you can tell the gods are fine. Your connection with Diamitriis is still there, and you haven't fealt it break or waver at all.
Gerwulf

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Oh but you will! Come to the darkside, we have such sights to show you... And cookies. ^^
Lothmar

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:02 pm

~Announcer voice~

"What happens, when a nobleman red dragon disciple; And a royal cleric guardsman of ~blank~ are forced to share a room together within the confines of a royal galley!? Tune in tonight to find out," XD
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Don't forget their wacky neighbor, the half-orc lawyer!
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:47 pm

~Neighbor bursts in on Drake standing over the clerics desecrated body as he's performing a ritual but from his angle he only see's, candles, incense and the two of them in an odd position~
*Shoked outburt* Drake!
"Uhm, this isnt what it looks like." ~Drake~
"Never mind i'll come back later!" ~He flees!~
Lothmar

Postby malekith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:06 pm

~Neighbour 2 walks in:
"He has his back to me?" ~Player~
"Yes..." ~DM~
"I sneak attack him with a ballista!" ~Player~
*shakes head in dispair* ~DM~

lol. :lol:

M
malekith

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 pm

I started thinking about things and thought how funny this would be to my character. The whole "Be careful what you wish for" scenario.

Kind of a bender-futurerama moment.
'Whats the point? My life and by extension everyone elses is meaningless. I wish everyone else was dead.' XD
Lothmar

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

@ Chrono - Bah, you just want AoOp from enemies entering your reach XD.

@ Dm - Would it be possible to get a map? Even something from paint hosted on photobucket would help me get a better feel for the situation. I've got alot of spells left and none of them are direct attack so I'd like to start buffing my comrades but I need to make sure im not going to get slashed to ribbons on the way from AoOp.

For some odd reason, I have a feeling we're missing a +1 that could have easily been granted at the start of combat. . . ~Looks at bard~

Also, Wolf is medium, these fish guys are (small right?), if it only gets one attack let the wolf use it's free trip attempt with every bite that doesnt provoke AoOp.

Whoever was climbing, use your standard to either tumble away or take a five foot step and then use your normal movement to get somewhere safe (ouchies), preferably somewhere with a door that you can close and secure behind you, doesnt look good for you at the moment. No offense im just thinking strategically here.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Lothmar wrote:@ Chrono - Bah, you just want AoOp from enemies entering your reach XD.

Not quite, I'd like to get some cleave action with an oversized bastard sword if it's not asking too much :)
Still, it's only 1AoO per round and if I get surrounded I'm a goner much like everybody else
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:38 pm

That's why I want to start passing out 'shield' spells to everyone, every + helps when you're suffering -'s.
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 pm

Lothmar wrote:For some odd reason, I have a feeling we're missing a +1 that could have easily been granted at the start of combat. . . ~Looks at bard~.

This is Vesk's first deadly combat, and he's never been in a fight with allies (whom he has not really even met yet) vs a large group of enemies. He's not used to buffing people, and the attack came so suddenly that the only sensible thing was to arm and defend himself, which he barely managed as is.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby malekith » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:03 pm

woah peeps! no need to start arguing just yet.
This is a damn hard campaign and a bit of a surprise to spring in like the first couple of sessions worth - i mean there'se a mob of relatively equal monsters and currently with just those on deck relatively even numbers as well and as far as i can tell some pretty good rolls for the monsters. but that's just as far as i can tell from the descriptions posted, no stats. I can see why you've made us use the 32 point-buy now xD but the tide of the battle should turn as more guards/fighters come from below decks as long as the fishmen dont have re-enforcements and the party can stay just about in tact that is.
Also @Lothmar: I do believe from the opening combat post and what i gain from the hits being decribed they're about man-sized or at least the lowest size of medium, but I could be mistaken as this is all my interpretation.

M
malekith

Postby Gerwulf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:43 pm

They are small size, but are using good weapons. as for the map... lets try this

http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss20 ... erMap1.jpg

Make sure you view the immage at full size, otherwise it may not make sense.
Gerwulf

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Okay, cool. I think I need to edit my actions.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:09 pm

No arguing intended mate, just trying to give advice. I respect true character behavior before maximum efficiency, after all we're only humanoids. ^^

Also, thanks for the map.
----------
edit- If this attack succedes i'll probably be worried about the two fishmen who have an unhindered path below decks. Though im fairly certain someone's already heard the scuffle and done something about it.
Last edited by Lothmar on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:23 pm

No worries, that explanation was just better than saying, "I don't have the requisite ranks in Perform to use Bardic Music."
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:No worries, that explanation was just better than saying, "I don't have the requisite ranks in Perform to use Bardic Music."

. . .Come again now. . . - -

Wow, uhm... yeah. That would have to be a first for me, seeing a bard without enough ranks to use his primary ability. It also should really be called 'bardic performance' because it does say that you use whatever perform you have, you dont have to sing, etc. I love using that with 'perform - oratory' and lingering song. "Rousing battle speech and/or War cry!" ~Eight rounds before I have to use it again and I can use my standard actions for combat or casting of some sort~ XD
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 am

Yeah. I didn't really build a bard, per se... I mean, charisma is my lowest stat after racial modifiers...
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games