Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:22 am

Part of me is wondering why you didnt just build a rogue. Same BA, Same Armor/wep proficiencies.

True I can see saves since it's +2 ref, +2 will and maybe spells, but you dont even have 1'st level spells at first level. Meh, guess im just being odd. After all, the entire point of being a bard is being able to do a little bit of everything without all the hassle of cross classing. XD
Lothmar

Postby Skyrar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 am

Shit, I'm screwed! :D 3 thingies incoming!
True Neutral Human Barbarian/Bard (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

Lothmar wrote:Part of me is wondering why you didnt just build a rogue.

I was thinking about it. The bard skills were just a little better. I offered to change when someone else wanted to play a bard.

Skyrar wrote:Shit, I'm screwed! :D 3 thingies incoming!

I'm trying to come help, even though I'm hurt. I do have a soldier though - the only one to have messed up one of those things so far.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Skyrar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:30 am

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:
Skyrar wrote:Shit, I'm screwed! :D 3 thingies incoming!

I'm trying to come help, even though I'm hurt. I do have a soldier though - the only one to have messed up one of those things so far.

They carry good weapons, it seems. Also, the scales probably help with the armor. Yay for your soldier! :)
True Neutral Human Barbarian/Bard (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 am

I was shocked when I looked at the map and realized we were the only ones to have seriously hurt our opponents. If I hadn't gotten my arm cut, it would have been a smashing success.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 am

Ah, that was me. Bard was my original but then I started working and I got Drake so he became my first choice.
Lothmar

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 am

And, E-Brake! XD

~Waits patiently for the next round~
Lothmar

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:58 am

sorry about the delay. they called me into work so i couldn't post this when I planned to originally.

Here is the map after round 2
http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss20 ... p1rnd2.jpg

and I made an asumption or two rolled the dice and it came out favorable for you guys so I went ahead and posted round 3 as well.
Here is the map after the combat is over
http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss20 ... p1rnd3.jpg

Grey squares that say Ex Sold are soldiers who are too far gone to help. If any of you have a serious problem with the asumptions I made, say so and I'll undo it and edit the post. otherwise- combat over
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:17 am

Since I wasn't sure if the outcome of Franklyn's action was a "cleave miss" (which by the description didn't seem to be the case) I just wanted to give a small reminder that he relies on cleave a lot, especially against weaker foes. In fact that's half the basis of his tactics (and pretty much the sole reason he usually tries to fight 2 enemies at once) in such a case (and will be even more in the future when his strength domain power is a little more useful, especially combined with power attack).

Either way it doesn't matter but I wanted to clarify and/or remind about the cleave :)
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:23 am

Yeah, he missed. Didn't feel nescesary to put it in since they all died anyway and then you would feel less awesome.
Gerwulf

Postby jioan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:59 am

I was just wondering if you were going to tell us how much XP we got for that.
jioan

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:59 pm

I had a question... Will our bard automatically recieve pm's when he's successful on a bardic knowledge, or does he have to say in post that he's 'attempting a bardic knowledge check' to get information through this process. Figured it would be hilarious if the half orc went "Ah, well these are obviously 'blah', following us because of 'blah'." Etc. XD
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Well, it wasn't a bardic knowledge check, but I do know what the old woman said... ;p
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:14 am

yes, I'll send PMs when there is information that you have access to. you dont need to specify that you are trying to remember it, although you can if you want to.
Gerwulf

Postby Lothmar » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Quick question, was the one that escaped the one that issued the initial attack order; gurgle, whatever? XD

If not, I'd especially like to examine the one im assuming is their leader.
---------
@ Chrono - Days? Cure light wounds ring a bell? XD
Darn stingy battle priests saving all their spells for themselves. lol joke. ^^
I assume you're a good cleric so even if you dont have it prepared, ~spontaneous convert~ or did you already use all your spells? i really wasnt paying attention.
Lothmar

Postby Gerwulf » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:41 am

Yes, the one that escaped was the one that gave the initial order.

Three days will pass uneventfully. Feel free to RP conversations with eachother, or NPC's I'll post NPC responses and PM or post details if you choose to do something like examine the bodies/weapons or something of that nature. Multi posting is encouraged for the next couple of days, I'll let you all know when the next "Scene" starts in this fourum.
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Is there a particular time of day that the clerics of Diamitriis pray to get spells? (if not I'll just do that in the morning)

edit:
Lothmar wrote:@ Chrono - Days? Cure light wounds ring a bell? XD
Darn stingy battle priests saving all their spells for themselves. lol joke. ^^
I assume you're a good cleric so even if you dont have it prepared, ~spontaneous convert~ or did you already use all your spells? i really wasnt paying attention.

Well the post _after_ yours is the one which says we have 3 days of "downtime" so I haven't posted a reply IC yet (so sure, in that case at the end of each day* Franklyn will channel all his spells to cure). After the battle there's definitely not enough CLW to go around, so that's why he uses cure minor wounds to stabilize the dying (channeling). Anyway, Franklyn would most likely heal the soldiers first as he really hasn't met the others (except for Drake who is more or less in a good condition).

*At the end of each day really means "right before praying for new spells", which depends on the time of day I normally have to do that
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:09 pm

I always loved it when my cleric had a wand or rod of Cure blah wounds so that at the end of the day when he had spare spells he could go. 'Okay, put X charges into this item for later.'
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Can you actually do that? I can't remember reading about recharging wands but I thought you either can't do that on the go or at least you need a craft wand or something.

Edit: can everybody please mention their character's name at least once in their post? I'm horrible with names and when I reply I have to browse up and down the thread to figure out what was the name of the guy I'm talking to. Thanks in advance :)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:12 pm

It all depends on the system and DM I suppose. I've seen certain healing items that can be charged by the person. However, worse comes to worse in high level games I like to carry some spare weapons of spell storing on my cleric. ~Shiv of healing~

"AHHCK-Ahhhh... Hey that's, uhm... Much better..." XD
Lothmar

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games