Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Postby malekith » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 am

chrono wrote:Can you actually do that? I can't remember reading about recharging wands but I thought you either can't do that on the go or at least you need a craft wand or something.

If you play by-the-book games then yes you can recharge them. It's in the DMG in the creating magical items section IIRC. but that all depends on what the DMG says and/or what your characters backstory allows for. e.g. a DM might say something like, "In the chest you find a wand" and when someone uses detect magic on it it comes up blank however to charge it you may have to have used/crafted a wand before or can only charge it with spells you have a focus for, etc.

M
malekith

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:48 am

Not everyone has posted their character's height and weight, and it's especially tough searching when you don't know where to look.

Would everyone post their basic appearance in this thread so we can have it all in one place?

Vesk, Half-Orc Bard: 6'1" 290 lbs. Grey skin, Black hair (long), Blue Eyes
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby jioan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Sure, why not.

Zorbo Woodshaper: 3'7", 45 lbs. Tan Skin, Brown hair, Blue eyes
jioan

Postby malekith » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:03 pm

can i just ask, why did you have the fishmen thrown overboard? they would have made great food im sure! ;)

M
malekith

Postby chrono » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm

malekith wrote:can i just ask, why did you have the fishmen thrown overboard? they would have made great food im sure! ;)

M

My guess is that most people on board aren't hungry enough to eat sentient creatures yet. (Although it's pretty funny to imagine everybody going "Mmmmm, talking fish on the menu tonight")

Franklyn is 6'1", almost 200lb, and looks somewhat heavy set (especially with lots of gear on). His hair is short very dark brown, brown eyes and with short black beard. His expression usually looks weathered and a little bit stern.

Edit: I suck at imperial measurements, but Zorbo looks way too light and Vesk looks very heavy (more or less the same height as Franklyn but 50% heavier)
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Zorbo would be like a skinny child. Children weigh remarkably little (except the fat ones).

Vesk is quite heavy at 6'1" for a human. I'm assuming that as a half-orc he's naturally a little more dense, plus he's not at "fighting weight." As a man who lives off his mouth, he could probably stand to drop a few pounds. And probably will, if the ship's food is any indication.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby TheCake » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am

Garret however is quite scrawny at 2'10'' 32lb with straight black hair, brown eyes and it says my skin color is "ruddy" whatever that means
TheCake

Postby Doktor Jones » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 pm

TheCake wrote:Garret however is quite scrawny at 2'10'' 32lb with straight black hair, brown eyes and it says my skin color is "ruddy" whatever that means

Ruddy means reddish-toned. It doesn't necessarily have to be darker... just towards the reddish end of the scale (as opposed to sallow, which is more yellowish... or any other skin tone that exists in the D&D universe for that matter ;))
Doktor Jones
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby TheCake » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Doktor Jones wrote:
TheCake wrote:Garret however is quite scrawny at 2'10'' 32lb with straight black hair, brown eyes and it says my skin color is "ruddy" whatever that means

Ruddy means reddish-toned. It doesn't necessarily have to be darker... just towards the reddish end of the scale (as opposed to sallow, which is more yellowish... or any other skin tone that exists in the D&D universe for that matter ;))

Thanks for that
TheCake

Postby chrono » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:51 pm

It's the first time I think about it this way, but having a companion who weighs 9 times as much as you do probably really puts things in perspective (i.e. combat)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby TheCake » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm

I was wondering who do I share a room with?
TheCake

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Personally, I figured it would be one big hold with cots, mats, or hammocks.

Also, I thought 3' 7" and 45 lb was tiny. But 2' 10" and 32? Wow. 1/2 my height and 1/9 my weight? wow.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah...I was underfed as a child or something else that would stunt my growth
TheCake

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 pm

I was simply going to ignore the request, but then I noticed I didnt imput my weight in my original description, so I figured I might as well move my appearance here for whoever was looking for it.

Appearance: Standing just under six foot (aprx 175lbs) Drake is a very youthful looking individual. His eye's are a golden brown that speak of something almost primal and animalistic as they draw you deep into his presence. His black hair is short and well trimmed and his face his clean shaven. An above average jawline and good cheekbones help accent his clean shaven face. His clothing is a courtiers outfit of current fashion for Dunemoore and her provinces; as well as a pair of silver rings, the right is set with a ruby (25 g) but to the discerning eye the left looks to be of slightly lower quality (silver Signet ring with gem cover(fold over the symbol - Dragon) to help people better understand his station. The only thing out of place on the outfit would have to be the sleeves which extend to the edge of his hands and a leather band that encircles the palm above the thumb. Those who observe Drake will note that he usually keeps his hands closed and when he doesn't he usually keeps them in his sleeves.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:21 pm

It might be a bit cliche, but I imagined Franklyn to have a slightly stereotypical "sarge" look.

http://badpolygon.com/wp-content/sarged1.jpg (I have no idea where that picture's from, but if you imagine that the armor is fantasy and the hair is the color of the beard that's about the look I have in my mind).
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:38 am

jioan wrote:I was just wondering if you were going to tell us how much XP we got for that.

380 exp each
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry for saying this a bit late, but I'll be away from civilization (and hence internet) for the next few days. I'll be back Wednesday...

I'm guessing Franklyn will have his hands more or less full with the wounded for the 2-3 in-game days, so hopefully he won't be missed much
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:04 pm

~Cough~ Thankfully the prince reassigns him to a patrol that doesnt see any action for those days... Quite fortunate. ~cough~
Lothmar

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:32 am

>> ~Cough Bump Cough~

Guess we're waiting for Frank to get back before anything major happens, eh?
Lothmar

Postby malekith » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 pm

*yawn* im not to sure. i think so.
wish i could play... :S

Mal
malekith

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games