Gobwin Bump IV: A New Home

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Gobwin Bump IV: A New Home

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Sihoiba wrote:1) questions, we only scout at the beginning of turn correct?
2) Who rolls the d5's for foraging?

1) Correct. Lookamancers are different, in that you choose this turn what you will see at the beginning of the next turn
2) Players should roll their own d5s. Use the spreadsheet, enter the time of post in the combat page, then switch to the Calliari page and determine how many extra points you earn.

I might need to clarify that units can only forage once per turn, and may not move after foraging. Also, each stack that forages produces one unit of "ravaged" - so three stacks can make an area barren in one turn.

HerbieRai wrote:Freddy is going to switch to the peasant piker stack and use dirtamancy to increase the walls to 65, then restack with the conscript archers and resume defending the piker stack.

Just remember that walls cannot be increased above their maximum rating, which is 20 + 20 x level of the city up to a maximum of 100. See the rules on walls.

Twoy wrote:I assume the Kingdom of Narnia does not get pop points or pay upkeep on Turn 1.

No - the Kingdom starts with 100 schmuckers per player + 40 per open hex within 2 of the city (except i5 - it has non-allied troops present) and pays upkeep and earns income as of turn 1.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm

"Well guv," El Flatulissimo says, "just coz they'z far away don't mean we can't build forts round our cities. Just point and we'z there buildin' yo forts."

For some reason, the Eww warlord sees fit to demonstrate his building ability with a wet machine-gun fart.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Dothwaki Swaves will forage in C5.

Time 2802 results in a 1 on a d5.

So the foraging provides 48 pop points.

Taking the Dothwaki to 142.8 pop points.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Pop one more Dothwaki Wife

Dothwaki Wives will forage in C5. 117.8 pop points left. Upkeep now 66.2.

Time 2824 results in 4 on a d5. So that's 40+5x4 = 60 points from foraging.

Dothwaki now have 177.8 pop points.

The Dothwaki Wives stack (5x Dothwaki Wife, Khal Dwogo) Guards the Dothwaki Rider stack (4x Dothwaki Rider, Jhogo, Khalessi Daenawys)
Dwogo use Foolamancy to increase his stacks defence.

Using the seed of 1030 from the post when I popped Daenawys, results in a 1 on a d5. So she is level 2.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sihoiba

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Can we still relay orders like before?

If yes, I think the Zerglings will spread out rapidly to forage outlying hexes and passively scout with the free 2 scout. They're cheap, so it's not a tragedy if they get killed by something off map.

Hexes that stand out are D6 and H4; I'll probably split up the Foragers and send half off each way. The Zerglings should be able to cover all upkeep solely by foraging D6; my goal is to turn a net profit to send pop points to the Kingdom as need be.
WaterMonkey314

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 am

Yes, units can convey orders to other units.

@Sihoiba, the convention where I'm from is that Xd5 would mean rolling X number of d5s, rather than rolling one and multiplying by X.
Like 2d6 is rolling two dice, not one die multiplied by two.

I wasn't very clear in the rules (dang assumed knowledge), but I had in mind that foraging players would put int he time, and then highlight the appropriate number of d5 results in excel, which adds them up nicely for you. But your way is probably easier on the brain. As long as players promise not to delete posts until they get a good number, then we'll do foraging Sihoiba's way.
Also, if you have multiple foraging stacks, you might like to make a single forage roll, and take the other d5 results for each stack.

Also, if Daenwys is your second character with foolamancy, she will cost 150 to pop - each reiteration of the special costs as much as the previous one + 50. I'd suggest popping the character, but adding on the foolamancy in another turn.
LTDave

Postby Sihoiba » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 am

Bland. Ok I misunderstood how you intended us to use the spreadsheet. Also I can afford to buy Daenawys Foolamancy if I do it after foraging, so I've edited all the posts to reflect this,
Sihoiba

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:43 am

Sadly, no.

LTDave wrote: To simplify money matters, only Schmuckers left in a factions treasury from a previous turn can be spent in a current turn. All income earned or received in a turn cannot be spent until the next turn.
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

So there are 30 hexes around our cities to generate income, minus the 1 for i5 is 29

29 * 40 = 1160
1160 + 400 = 1560 smuckers

upkeeps
King Edmund's Centaurs: 39.2
Stefan's Eagews: 31.2
Konrad's Stabbers: 2.8
El Flatulissimo's Archers: 39
Freddies Conscripts: 21
Freddies Peasants: 17.5
Total: 150.7
(if commanders count this will be +45 = 195.7)
This leaves us with 1560 - 150.7 + 8(Twoy) + 10(nih) + 15(herb) + 10 (bland) = 1452.3

I see no reason not to spend/give away a large quantitiy of these points, since we're generating around 1500/ turn and our costs are less than 200. I'll let the ruler decide where to allocate the pop points.

Question: Do we need to pay for our warlords upkeeps? We'll still have plenty of cash, but it changes our totals a bit.

Edit: The finances wont be nessicary until next turn, although seeing our income can help our planning.
HerbieRai

Postby Twoy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 pm

HerbieRai,
I read the rules differently, but they are not completely clear. What is an "open hex"?

Income is derived from controlled open hexes within two hexes of controlled cities. 40 Schmuckers per open hex.

The Map:
Spoiler: show
Open Hex – Cost 1 movement for all units to enter. No Defence advantage.
Woods Hex – Cost 2 movement for all non-flying units to enter. Cost 1 movement for
Flying units. Flying units may only be engaged by Archer units in Woods. All Ground
Stacks gain 20 Defence in Woods.
Mountain Hex – Cost 2 movement for Flyers. No other unit can enter.
Lake Hex – Cost 1 movement for Flyers. No other unit can enter.

Regardless of the definition of "Open hex," the nation will pay the 151 points of upkeep.

Now the question is "How many points do we have left?"

Is it 1,453 or 929?
Twoy

Postby Sihoiba » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:23 pm

LTDave wrote:Sadly, no.

LTDave wrote: To simplify money matters, only Schmuckers left in a factions treasury from a previous turn can be spent in a current turn. All income earned or received in a turn cannot be spent until the next turn.

Oops ok Fixed
Sihoiba

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Twoy wrote:HerbieRai,
I read the rules differently, but they are not completely clear. What is an "open hex"?

Income is derived from controlled open hexes within two hexes of controlled cities. 40 Schmuckers per open hex.

The Map:
Spoiler: show
Open Hex – Cost 1 movement for all units to enter. No Defence advantage.
Woods Hex – Cost 2 movement for all non-flying units to enter. Cost 1 movement for
Flying units. Flying units may only be engaged by Archer units in Woods. All Ground
Stacks gain 20 Defence in Woods.
Mountain Hex – Cost 2 movement for Flyers. No other unit can enter.
Lake Hex – Cost 1 movement for Flyers. No other unit can enter.

Regardless of the definition of "Open hex," the nation will pay the 151 points of upkeep.

Now the question is "How many points do we have left?"

Is it 1,453 or 929?

Oh. I'd like a clarification for the barbarians as well - can we only forage open hexes? (that is, not woods?)
WaterMonkey314

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:24 am

An excellent question.

Again, assumed convention. In my wargaming circles, an open hex is one with 'open' terrain, that is, plain or grassland.
Woods, Mountains, Water hexes - none of these are open, and cannot be used to generate income or for foraging.

So, just the plain white hexes can be used for income or foraging.
LTDave

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:08 pm

LtDave, thanks for the answer.

Alright - the Zerglings are on the move:

1) Restack Gamma:
  • Archers: 1 x Turtle, Gamma L2

2) Send 8 x Forager, 1 x Turtle, Cmdr. Beta L2 SE, SE to H4. Stack as follows:
  • Foragers: 8 x Forager
  • Command: 1 x Turtle, Cmdr. Beta L2

3) Send 11 x Forager, 2 x Turtle, Cmdr. Delta L3, Cmdr. Alpha L4 NW NW to D6. Stack as follows:
  • Foragers: 8 x Forager (guards Command)
  • Command: 2 x Turtle, Cmdr. Alpha L4 (guarded by Foragers)
  • Screen 1: 1 x Forager
  • Screen 2: 1 x Forager
  • Screen 3: 1 x Forager

4) Stack "Foragers" at D6 forages the hex for 40 + 8d5 pop points. Total will show up in the next post.
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 pm

From the SSRNG, the total for 8 d5's at post time 0801 is 19. (I prefer the way as intended by LtDave as it's more stable and less vulnerable to chance)

Now, bookkeeping:

Turn 0 surplus: 95
Beginning forces at Turn 1: 205 pop point equivalent (ppe)
Upkeep @ 20% = 41 pp

Turn 1 instant upkeep cash: 200
Turn 1 foraging income: 40 + 19 = 59
Turn 1 popping expenditures: 0

Turn 1 surplus: 313 pp
Projected Turn 2 upkeep: 41 pp
WaterMonkey314

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Saruham's stack will move to G9.

Purse: 4
Income: 200 points
Upkeep: 78.4
Net: 125.6

Okay, clarification on the rules. Can we move then forage? Or can we not move in the same turn we forage at all.

If we can move then forage, Saruham's stack will forage as well.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm

LTDave wrote: [I might need to clarify that units can only forage once per turn, and may not move after foraging.

Yes, they can move before foraging. They cannot forage before moving.
LTDave

Postby Johel3007 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 am

New barbarian faction :

Scarlet Tribe
Code: Select all
Specialities:
1. Rockin’ Out

Units:
(F) Baby Zeker    10   Hits   10   Attack   0   Defence   4   Move   Cost Per   39   
(F) Big Zeker    25   Hits   25   Attack   0   Defence   4   Move   Cost Per   120   
(C) Doow Puppy    8   Hits   8   Attack   0   Defence   3   Move   Cost Per   25   
(St) Bloody Waid    8   Hits   8   Attack   0   Defence   2   Move   Cost Per   20

Starting situation :

Stack A : Cost 376, Maintenance 56                                    
1   Big Zeker    25   Hits   25   Attack   0   Defence   4   Move   Cost Per   120   24
1   Baby Zeker    10   Hits   10   Attack   0   Defence   4   Move   Cost Per   39   8
1   Baby Zeker    10   Hits   10   Attack   0   Defence   4   Move   Cost Per   39   8
1   Flanchan Da Scary      (Commander ; Rockin' Out)                        100   
Anywhere near Stack B

Stack B : Cost 25, Maintenance 5                                    
1   Doow Puppy    8   Hits   8   Attack   0   Defence   3   Move   Cost Per   25   5
Preferably in an open Hex

The Scarlet Tribe was already barbarian before the fall of Unaroyal.
Not so much a tribe than the play-things of the entity known as "Flachan Da Scary", this group is known for the ravages it causes on its path.
Their leader, Flachan, has the mentality of child, coupled with psychopathic twists that make her ravish in battles.
This has been an problem in the past for many nations until they understood how to turn it to their advantage.
By pointing the little girl and its minions in the right direction : the one of their enemies...

This led to Flachan tagging along the Allied Expeditionary forces sent to capture Gobwin Bump.
The area was supposed to be filled with "toys" :
Vicious Gobwinarians, hard-to-kill Arthurians, squishy C-Elfs... and of course many, many forces of Stanley the Tool.

Now, for whatever reason, Flachan's employers seem to be confused.
She didn't really care about the reasons behind that.
'Cause the girl just wanna have fun...

The Scarlet Tribe's goals :
There are only two :
Survive, as any barbarian faction is trying.
Have fun. Or rather make Flachan have "fun".
Any faction who can help to fulfil those goals will be seen as "friend".
Which means Flachan won't just attack them.
At least not until she got reeeeally bored...

For fluff, I will always try to keep Flachan Da Scary with a Big Zeker.
So, let's Rockin' Out
Last edited by Johel3007 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johel3007

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 am

Johel3007: hello and welcome! Scary faction you got there, let's hope Flachan will channel her ... proclivities ... constructively :P
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 am

Johel,
The combined score of Attack and Defence may not exceed hits.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games