Gobwin Bump IV: A New Home

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Gobwin Bump IV: A New Home

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

HerbieRai wrote:Freddy Responds

"Do not think you are in any position to threaten us, although we will pay if you do work for us. We will offer you a bounty for each enemy you kill in D2 this turn. This will be 20 for each Baxta and 30 for each Artharen, up to 145 total. This offer goes to all barbarian allies, and the maximum may increase if the other commanders wish to add to it. The payment will go out on a first come first serve basis."

So you are the voice of your Queen I see. I work for you, I find your enemies, yet you give me no due. You ask me to fight them, yet do not provide the means to do so. I see now the Queen's fool you must be. Queen, I shall listen to your fool no longer, lest he drive me to ravage your kingdom and leave you to starve.

I say again give me tribute and your lands will be fertile with the blood of your enemies, ignore me and I can but help many turns in the future when your cities are overrun, insult me and face another enemy at your door

---

RPing Barbarians for fun and profit!
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Gosh.

I'll look into exact foraging for the Nation tomorrow (I for one don't plan to pop any units this turn), but when it comes to ravaged hexes, as far as I can tell that happened before this turn. So what counts for foraging should be status at last turn's end? When said hexes were apparently not ravaged, and hence Twoy's estimate is off by just 1 hex?

Anyway.

Morning finds El Flatulissimo with a finger stuck deep inside his own nose, searching for boogers. "Mmmm, dewwiciouth!" he blurts, munching on freshly extracted mucus. As the Titans willed it, in their infinite wisdom, Eww rations pop in their noses. "If nhe Donhwaki wann bounny", El Faltulissimo continues, hand once more looking for snot, then extending it out with a trail of slime connecting it to the nostril, "just kill 'em ravaging brabarians!"

Miraculously the bogey turns into schmuckers in the extended hand.

Orders for the Ewws:

10 pop points remaining from the initial recruiting plus 200 (?) this turn. Use none of it as yet. Looking for targets of opportunity.

El Flatulissimo can build forts. Can he do this in a hex where enemy units are present? After battle, of course.

EDIT: ok, no way to attack using the Ewws' move 2. Ok ... here's what I'm considering- sending the Eww units to our city in the south. It appears to need some reinforcement. Ewws would stop one hex away. Next turn, the Ewws arrive and can strengthen the walls.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Johel3007 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

LTDave wrote:@Johel3007 - You can talk to other players without being in the same hex - We assume a natural thinkamancy link to explain away real world communication. Also, your units cannot forage and then move. They can move (and fight) and then move and then forage. Foraging is the last thing they do each turn. You might like to edit your orders to reflect this.

Thank you.

Let's assume that my commander gave the order to the Doow Puppy to forage, then.
Less schmuckers but at least it doesn't ravage an hex near the cities.
40+1d5 schmuckers for the Scarlet Tribe.

Creation of the Scarlet Tribe : 500 - 401 = 99
Treasury of Scarlet Tribe at the beginning of turn 2 : 99 schmuckers
Maintenance Turn 2 : 99 - 61 = 38
Foraging Turn 2 : 38 + 40 + 1d5 = 78 + 1d5
Treasury of Scarlet Tribe at the end of turn 2 : 78+1d5 schmuckers

Depending on what follow, I'll add either 60 or 40 schmuckers to this.

-------------------

The Archer had seen her.
Flanchan was sure of it.
Yet he wouldn't move.

She waited there for a good hour long, thinking about the fun she might have storming this castle.
Yet, the walls and tower were well manned and she knew that the fun might not be worth losing all her toys.

She was still thinking about ways to attract the attention of whoever was in charge... when she remembered what those weaklings had given her.
A strange hat, that she was using mainly to dress up the Big Zeker. Yet, it allowed to speak without seeing. Which was good.
Thinkamancy, they called that.
Yep... Really good.

"-Gimme that !!"

Flanchan took the hat from the Big Zeker's head and started yelling inside it.
She hoped it would somehow land into the ears of the guy in charge of Gobwin's Hollow.

"-HEY !! OHÉÉÉ !! SOMEBODY ON THE OTHER SIDE ? YES ? GOOD !! SAY... ME AND MY SISTERS ARE A BIT LOW IN BOTH SCHMUCKERS AND FUN.
SOOOOO... EITHER WE GET SOME FROM YOU... OR I'LL HAVE TO TAKE SOME FROM YOU.
I'M SURE THAT HEX COULD TURN A NICE HEFTY PROFIT IF I MESS IT UP A BIT.
BUT YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME MESSING IT.
SOOOOO.... 'BOUT 60 SCHMUCKERS AND I GO HAVE FUN... ELSEWHERE ?"

------------

If no payment from Gobwin's Hollow before the end of the turn, the whole stack will just forage E3.
I remain at the service of the Alliance for Turn 3.
Johel3007

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:52 pm

I have no idea what Bland said in character.

Out of character summary of my position is this. Without donated pop points I can slowly over the course another 3 turns get to a point where I have a stack worth attacking something with.

Or the kingdom can give me some of it's pop points (200 would be nice, 100-150 useful) and I can probably wipe out a Gobwin stack next turn. This turn I simply don't have the forces to do anything other than finish off a stack that used it's one shot wonder, which would rely on someone else launching three attacks at one of the Arthurians first...

So you can provide financial assistance to your one ally with a scout unit, or you can leave me to ignore the enemy to forage rings around your cities until I can do something useful or get fed up with the lack of planning from the Kingdom and decide to help assault it instead.
Sihoiba

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Sihoiba wrote:I have no idea what Bland said in character.

Out of character summary of my position is this. Without donated pop points I can slowly over the course another 3 turns get to a point where I have a stack worth attacking something with.

Or the kingdom can give me some of it's pop points (200 would be nice, 100-150 useful) and I can probably wipe out a Gobwin stack next turn. This turn I simply don't have the forces to do anything other than finish off a stack that used it's one shot wonder, which would rely on someone else launching three attacks at one of the Arthurians first...

So you can provide financial assistance to your one ally with a scout unit, or you can leave me to ignore the enemy to forage rings around your cities until I can do something useful or get fed up with the lack of planning from the Kingdom and decide to help assault it instead.

Saruham would never admit it but I'm in a similar boat...foraging only does so much.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Just some statistics for the fight in the south
Assuming we can see everything:
Number of our stacks: 5.5 (I'm only counting the 2 cavalry as a half since they might be able to fight next turn
Number of enemy stacks: 10
Our points in area: 1533 (including Zekers)
Enemy points in area: 1909.

Overall I'm nervous there are more stacks hidden that are going to approach next turn, so I'd be willing to give some points away if you'd move in striking range of the enemy, lets say D3. As far as foraging goes, I'd say go ahead and ravish hexes near an enemy city and away from ours. Assuming we pop a siege stack next turn, It wont damage the enemy for 3 turns. I feel this is a fair amount of time for a hex to recover, unless my superiors feel differently. We have until Friday to turn in our orders, so I'm waiting on spending my last 145 to see where you guys are then distributing them where I think they'll help hold the city. If you don't want to come to fight then I see no reason to pay.

Bland - Are you talking about Eews building walls? I think only stabbers and pikers can do that. In either case the walls of the city are at max. We could use maybe 1 unit from you, but remember to leave something behind, those gobo spidews are in range to take the city if undefended. I also don't trust our "friends" to the east, so I'd like to keep a good bit of defense in the capitol.
HerbieRai

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am

HerbieRai wrote:If you don't want to come to fight then I see no reason to pay.

You have it backwards we can't come to the fight unless you pay, and we have a whole turns delay. I can't do anything useful with my existing units.

EDIT TO ADD:

HerbieRai wrote:so I'd be willing to give some points away if you'd move in striking range of the enemy, lets say D3.

The Dothwaki are already in strike range of D3 (The Riders are the only offensive unit they have).

HerbieRai wrote:As far as foraging goes, I'd say go ahead and ravish hexes near an enemy city and away from ours.

You really want us to start a second front with the kingdom to the NW? Really? You're sure about that when you can't field enough forces to fight the Barbarians to the south?

Let me make this nice and clear:
Your barbarian allies can either be self-sufficient or they can be useful. They can't be both. As the Kingdom didn't invest in it's Barbarian allies last turn, the end result is there are not in a position to help this turn. Don't invest this turn they can't help next turn.

Option A:
Kingdom gives the Dothwaki 255 pop points.
Next turn the Dothwaki pop 3 wives (the full defensive stack is necessary to ensure the Dothwaki side will actually have a chance of surviving an assault - no Commanders no side remember).
They also pop 6 Dothwaki Riders, a stack of 10 Dothwaki Riders led by Khal Dwogo could so some serious damage to an Arthurian stack (maybe even outright cwoak it with a little luck).

Option B:
The Kingdom gives the Dothwaki no help.
Over the next two turns the Dothwaki can complete the Wives stack.
From turns +3 onwards they can start building up the Dothwaki rider stack.
Sometime in the distant future they can assault an enemy stack effectively.

Option C:
The Kingdom gives the Dothwaki no help.
The Dothwaki proceed to ravage all the lands around Gobwins Hollow. The Kingdoms income halves, the Arthurians and Gobwinarians start to slowly starve to death.

Remember it takes as little as 3 units to ravage a hex, that's 21 points for WaterMonkey314 or myself (and 84 for Tigerusthegreat), considering we can pop units in any hex we control could potentially ravage the most of the Kingdom's income generating land in a single turn with a bit of clever planning.

This turn your barbarian allies have already increased your income by 80 schmuckers by scouting hexes, discovered a nearby Kingdom and 3 hostile barbarian occupied hexes the Kingdom otherwise wouldn't have known existed. We're already working to your benefit, now support us so we can do more!
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 am

"Khal Dwogo, Leader of the Dothwaki:

"While I unfortunately did not understand the magnitude of your plight when I began to pop my units, I will gladly provide you with what immediate support I can.

"I will grant you the remaining 12 pop points that I have, and if any of my fellow Warlords of the Nation agree to fund our barbarian allies this turn, I will refund them in full next turn or as soon as I am able."
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 am

"We welcome the start of your tribute and look forward to slaughtering your enemies, enslaving their women and claiming the broken remains of all they once held dear."

----

The Kingdom has 720 unspent pop points income this turn, while I don't know if the Kingdom can spend schmuckers the turn it earns it on popping units (LTDave does the Kingdom also have a one turn delay on it's income for popping units?), there's nothing to say some of that can't be donated to the Barbarian allies this turn.

243 for the Dothwaki
60 for Flanchan

Leaves you 417 for next turn and gains you two stacks capable of assaulting the southern barbarians.

I don't know what Twoy and tigerusthegreat need, though both are too far out to hit the barbarians to the south, Saruman could go after the spiders to the NE.
Sihoiba

Postby Twoy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:43 am

I believe we can donate shmuckers on the turn we earn them, but either way, they cannot be spent until the next turn.

I will give 243 for the Dothwaki and 60 for the Flanchan to see what they can make of it next turn. Unfortunately, I do not have access to my moneymancer at the moment and no time to track him down.

Next turn I will come up with a system to share the wealth between the nation#s warlords and our barbarian allies. I'm thinking I pay upkeep and then divide the remainder evenly amongst everyone.

OOC: Got my sister-in-laws computer working, but I don't have all my notes; I'm using a German keyboard, and I don#t have much time to think about the game.
Twoy

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 am

"My thanks for this fitting tribute, Queen Jadis the wise"

As no combat this turn The Wives will guard the Riders both Dwogo in the Riders and Daenawys in the Wives will use foolamancy to increase defence.

Dothwaki Purse is now 166.6 + 255 = 421.6
Upkeep 67.6.

-----

Johel3007: Post time 0123 gives you 5 on a d5.
You also missed the Barbarian tribes start with an initial purse of 200 Schmucker as well as whatever they had left of their 500 points worth of starting army.

So Scarlet Tribe purse is:
78 + 5 + 60 + 200 = 343 (of which 238 can be spent on popping units this turn)

----

Kingdom treasury not allocated to individual Kingdom Warlords:
720 - 303 = 417
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 am

Eh, I also used some 198 of the kingdom's Schmuckers for popping.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 am

Nihila wrote:Eh, I also used some 198 of the kingdom's Schmuckers for popping.

And your an individual Warlord in the Kingdom, I leave it up to you to know how many of the 200 points Twoy allocated you you've spent, and what you had left over from your initial army popping minus the 12 you gifted the Dothwaki.

I've just listed the pop points remaining in the general Kingdom treasury, if you want to return unspent pop points to the treasury for Twoy to reallocate next turn, let him know.
Sihoiba

Postby Johel3007 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 am

Sihoiba wrote:The Kingdom has 720 unspent pop points income this turn, while I don't know if the Kingdom can spend schmuckers the turn it earns it on popping units (LTDave does the Kingdom also have a one turn delay on it's income for popping units?), there's nothing to say some of that can't be donated to the Barbarian allies this turn.

243 for the Dothwaki
60 for Flanchan

Leaves you 417 for next turn and gains you two stacks capable of assaulting the southern barbarians.

I don't know what Twoy and tigerusthegreat need, though both are too far out to hit the barbarians to the south, Saruman could go after the spiders to the NE.

I suggest that I take care of the C-Elfs.
Flanchan's stack will pop 2 new Baby Zekers.
Then move to reach the C-Elfs.

The C-Elfs have 12,00% chances to attack at least at 43 and to croak 4 Zekers.
The C-Elfs have 40,00% chances to attack at least at 33 and to croak 3 Zekers.
The C-Elfs have 76,00% chances to attack at least at 24 and to croak 2 Zekers.
The C-Elfs have 96,00% chances to attack at least at 14 and to croak 1 Zeker.
The C-Elfs have 4,00% chances to attack at most at 9 and to croak 0 Zeker.

The Zekers have 12,00% chances to attack at least at 130 and to croak 8 C-Elfs.
The Zekers have 24,00% chances to attack at least at 115 and to croak 6 C-Elfs.
The Zekers have 40,00% chances to attack at least at 101 and to croak 5 C-Elfs.
The Zekers have 60,00% chances to attack at least at 86 and to croak 3 C-Elfs.
The Zekers have 76,00% chances to attack at least at 72 and to croak 2 C-Elfs.
The Zekers have 24,00% chances to attack at most at 57 and to croak 0 C-Elfs

My point ? With 1 Big Zeker and 4 Baby Zekers, the stack cannot be croaked.
And with 1 Big Zeker and 6 Baby Zekers, I have good chances to win.
I should lose 2 Baby Zekers, which is exactly what I would have popped.

Sihoiba wrote:Johel3007: Post time 0123 gives you 5 on a d5.
You also missed the Barbarian tribes start with an initial purse of 200 Schmucker as well as whatever they had left of their 500 points worth of starting army.

So Scarlet Tribe purse is:
78 + 5 + 60 + 200 = 343 (of which 238 can be spent on popping units this turn)

Really ? That's very good news !!
I'm only going to pop units at the start of next turn, though.
Johel3007

Postby HerbieRai » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 am

I think we should keep away from the C elves for now Johel. We haven't (can't) scout them and there are plenty of easier cities to attack. That being said we also have a large force marching on us right now that I think we should dispatch before we move to other areas.

That 417 needs to be kept until next turn for that upkeep, right? Right now we have roughly 200 upkeep which will leave the kingdom with 200 ish for poping next turn.
HerbieRai

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

Because I'm nice and something seemed wrong, here's the Corrected Kingdom Treasury. LTDave you really should double check this with all the confusion on going. Anway the Kingdom is much richer than you thought, and cost yourselves an entire turns worth of popping... oops!

Turn 0.
Starting Army funds: 500 * 4 Players = 2000
Initial Army costs: 485 (Herbie Rai) + 490 (Bland) + 492 (Twoy) + 490 (Nihila) = 1957
Remaining Starting Army Fund: 43

Initial Treasure: 100 * 4 Players + 40 * 17 Open hexes = 400 + 680 = 1080

Final Turn 0 Funds: 1123.

Turn 1:
Carried over funds: 1123
Unit upkeep: -150.7
Funds to be spent on unit popping this turn = 972.3

Income from cities: 40 * 18 Open Hexes = 720.

Final Turn 1 Funds: 1692.3

Turn 2:
Carried over funds: 1692.3
Unit upkeep: -150.7
Income from cities: 40 * 18 Open Hexes = 720
Total Treasury: 2261.6
Funds to be spent on unit popping this turn = 1541.6

Unit's popped = 148 Twoy + 198 Nihila + 70 HerbieRai = 416
Remaining funds that can be spent on unit popping = 1125.6

Funds allocated to barbarians = 255 Dothwaki + 60 Scarlet tribe = 315
Total Treasury = 1530.6
Remaining funds that can be spent on unit popping = 1125.6
Projected Upkeep for next turn using currently popped units: 187.3

I suggest to help avoid future errors, Kingdom players return any unspent points to the Kingdom at end of turn.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:00 am

Considering your funds I strongly advise a Kingdom player to pop a decent quantity of forces at Gobwin Hollow and attack the Arthurian stacks with enough force to prevent them ravaging more of your southern lands.

Remember

LTDave wrote:Forces loyal to the Nation can only be spawned in cities.

You can pop forces in either city if you need to attack the Gobwins to the south. However LTDave in your first post you say 100 points worth of units per level of city, and then cite a level 3 city can pop 600 points worth? So you're limited to either 200 or 400 points worth of units from Gobwin Hollow.

Considering all the confusion and the fact Twoy is away perhaps an extension makes sense?

ETA: If it's 200 per level of the city, so 400, I say pop 16 dwarf siege and hit the guard and command Arthurian stacks in E2. Otherwise just hit the guard stack. Of course I'm not Kingdom so it's up to you.

Or you could gift me say 800 more points I could wipe out the forces in D3 next turn :lol:
Or do both, it's certainly affordable.
Sihoiba

Postby HerbieRai » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

Ok, so we forgot counting 1 hex last turn and the initial 680 from terrain. I admit I was confused about the income generation. If Dave says that is correct then I'm going to pop some defenders for D3.

Edit: siege cannot move and attack, so I'd have to wait till next turn to do damage. May still be a good idea though.
HerbieRai

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Okay, Isenlard bookkeeping:

Last Turn purse: 125.6
Last Turn Forage: 61
Upkeep: 78.4
Net: 108.2

Saruham counts the gold in his purse and curses. Without support from his so called allies, even his one puny stack wasn't going to survive long. With luck they would realize their folly and send him support next turn. If not, he would simply take the supplies as forage, not wandering far away from their cities to do so. If he had to work hard for his food, he would not let the lazy kingdom to live easily on the lands he helped gain for them.

Forage results for next turn: E9 at post time 3600

_________________ 5
_________________ 5
_________________ 1
_________________ 4
_________________ 2
_________________ 5
_________________ 4
_________________ 2

Net is 40 + 28 = 68 I'm still 10+ upkeep below my forage totals.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 am

Sihoiba's income looks about right. I haven't checked the maths, but the income/outgoing stuff seems correct.

I'm happy to delay the turn ending by 48 hours if this will be of use to the Kingdom. So end turn is now 11am Sunday AET (1am GMT).

If the turn can/should end earlier, then Twoy can end on behalf of the Kingdom and Allied Barbarians.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games