Reactions to "A new life"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to "A new life"

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 am

Yeah, yeah, I was mostly kidding. The problem is that I need my beauty sleep (solid 8 hours), then 9 more for work, then 1.5 more for going to and from work (total). That leaves just short of 5 hours that I have for mundane things like food/showering AND dealing with other tasks/hobbies as well as paying attention to the gf...

Edit: forgot the main point

I once ran a game where we had well over 100 IC posts for the first 2-3 days.
Last edited by chrono on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby LadyBhaal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 am

I'll be learning to live on 4 hours sneep the next few days, so don't expect coherent posts, or even posts really :( But, if I don't talk to the little boy how can I do that Hel joke?

MuthSera, craft it, go do something else for a bit, come back and reread it. I'll be sneeping soon anyway so nothing from me for about 9ish hours (not till I get out of a shower anyway)
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:51 am

Apoligies if anything doesn't make sense. I wrote immediately upon having woken up. But it did take me 40 minutes. <:3 If it doesn't address something, remind me and I'll respond specifically to what needs addressed.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am

@LAdy - Primary Goblin, but he's got about a 14 cha (after penalty) so I figured he's not an ordinary goblin. Figured he had a more civilized appearance. Anywho, off to work lets see if I can pump something out first. ~Edit~ Nevermind, Work needs me in early. I'll reply at lunch.
Lothmar

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm

malekith wrote:haha. just you wait raigne :P I won't give you grounds to hurt me either way ;P

Oh I wouldn't cause you any permanent damage. Might zap you with a cantrip though.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Jeez. I feel inspired. I'm day dreamy in Organic chemistry class. Once everyone updates, or I'm prompted to make a response, I'll update again.

EDIT TO ADD: I find it ironic that lady's CON is higher than kith's, he's passing out in your arms, and you're calling him your meat shield.
MuthSera

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 pm

What is up with all the elves? Thank god for a goblin and the Elric brother, or we'd be a friggin' forest council... I really had doubts about being a dwarf, but in my mind that's a premise for playing a more serious character (the only crazy/funny dwarf I've seen and liked was played by a friend and I've got nothing on him).

Edit: the point is, I wanted elf so I could be a bit on the crazy side for a bit of flavor (i.e. to put a little action back in the game if we were lacking). Turns out you're all just as crazy... We're all unique snowflakes I guess ;)

P.S. Can the GM gather all the character appearances and edit them in the first IC post? I have a hard time remembering who's who (or in this case, what)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:36 pm

I was tempted to go a particular human route I've been wanting to play, but Lunk the goblin mage never got much love when I played him and he only got to be in a three session campaign, so I figured I'd bring him back.
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm

/me hugs chrono, I was sleeping too!
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 pm

chrono wrote:Edit: the point is, I wanted elf so I could be a bit on the crazy side for a bit of flavor (i.e. to put a little action back in the game if we were lacking). Turns out you're all just as crazy... We're all unique snowflakes I guess ;)

Dexterity bonus, sleep immunity, low-light vision, bonus to listen, search and spot, and functions as if actively searching for hidden thing. Uh, plus the ability to use bows and rapiers even if they're not a class weapon.

Also, my wisdom and intelligence are both above average, who're you calling a snowflake? :P

Raigne

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Well I believe elven proficiencies imply learning those weapons in regard to your culture and upbrining. Since you were not technically raised in 'elven' society you probably never learned the culture and upbringing in regards to 'weapon training' being a sign of heritage.

I mean, hell if you're still a todler in your twenties that gives you plenty of time before you're of adventureing age as an elf to say 'You know, im going to learn how to use the longsword and bow. Harumph.' XD
Lothmar

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Doesn't matter for this character anyway, I'm only going to be using a dagger if I need a close combat weapon. On the other hand I do know how to use a compound bow. Those are just the general reasons I pick an elf.

Raigne

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

So I need to clear up in my head - chrono's a dwarf, Ragine, Lady, and Kith are all elves, and Lothmar's a gobling/halflin?
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah, the benefits of being an elf are fairly obvious, though dwarves have a few clear advantages as well (just think of all the drinking games). And Lothmar, you're of course right, but a lot of things are at least a little bit subject of upbringing. If you're a human and you lived under a rock for 20 years then you probably won't have the typical human versatility, etc. It's totally a GM call to decide if we're just (un)naturally adept with those weapons, etc. On the other hand, the whole meditation thing is a lot more bizarre. As far as I remember young elves were trained to do it, so I wonder how messy/confusing trying to sleep may turn out to be...

Edit: (clarify)
Nono, chrono could have been a dwarf, but isn't. Instead he's a member of the happy band of elves.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Ah yes, the elven clan, thier warforged improtue shield guardian and of course the pet goblin that two of them are having a bet of 'nature V. nurture' for a single gold coin. XD
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Ooh, NICE "Trading Places" ref.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Figured it would be an enjoyable and comedic reference considering the game we are participating in is referencing 'a new life'. ^^
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Clarification: Does Loth actuallt say "Noah, et al," and is he guessing that one of the people in the area is Noah? Or is he just referring to the people in the car with him? Because at this point, Noah has heard no names nor introduced himself to anyone, and I want to be sure I react correctly.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Ugh. Okay.

6 players.

Kith-- Elf, Gray
Chrono-- Elf, High
Raigne-- Elf, High
Lady-- Elf, High
Lothmar-- Goblin
Noah-- Warforged elf.

Gimme a short description (4 lines.) describing your character, the way you want it presented in the first post, and I will make it so. I want one from each of you. PM me with it.(Or put here.) Not MSN. That means you.
MuthSera

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Warforged elf? Do they even come in those varieties?
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games