Reactions to "A new life"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to "A new life"

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

Lothmar wrote:I figure our characters have a slightly deeper online relationship then we do now, so im feigning a bit of background. IE- Im the guy that you guys more or less tolerated in the group but you still occasionally insulted. XD

That maybe an incorrect assumption, as it may cause you to incorrectly portray yourself as a character.
Or it maybe a correct assumption, being as none of us have met before, I assume at least, and in order for us to meet IRL, we would have to know each other better, first.
Perhaps just assume a relationship in which you're are in a car, tomorrow with them. And nothing more. You all showed up for erfworld con. Ect. I dunno. But don't try to role play in this instance by being somebody other than yourself. The person you're playing is YOU, if this sort of thing happened to you.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:51 am

Don't worry, Muth, I was about to make a comment to remedy the situation. Assuming I don't get ignored again O.o
Raigne

Postby malekith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 pm

@Lady yes the character is quite handsome as i said, but not a pretty boy no. and i am not especially pretty or ugly IRL either, but Muth pointed out to me at the beginning that we get to make/roll the body and physical aspects and we have to be true to self for mental aspects (but ofc it would be silly to be super brainy - like we all are :lol: - and then roll yourself an awesme fighter too, esp as we get to gestalt xD)

I did think of something else to add: he's just over average elf height. haven't got an estimate measurement even but generally on the taller side of average (in just the same way as the body is on the fit side of average)
Just posted a quick, in-detail response but i'll probably have to go on auto pilot till friday night (GMT). and I also need to improve my last post obviously but it has little bearing on what everyone else does or even me in fact as it'll just be a fairly long post about my thoughts and what i see in my delirious state before going unconcious. A nice read that ties my last 2 proper posts together really :D

M
malekith

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Ack, just realized I subconciously used the term 'steed' to designate gold. XD It's the term for the local economy in a recent game i've been rp'ing in for a couple of months. But I could easily see myself actually saying something like that so im not going to edit it. ^^
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm

blarg. o_o Free will makes progression kind of difficult. Nobody has really gone against the grain, but I don't wanna feel like I'm railroading. It feels different from a normal D&D game in that as things typically progress a day at a time, I want a post to mean that there IS progression, but not too much at once. Not so much that I've made some critical assumption about what players would or wouldn't do and now they're pissed at me. >:o

Progress? We got closer to the village.

Things to mention in a post:
Are you heading towards the village with the villagers?
Would you go inside the long house if everyone else/the villagers did?

Things like this allow me to more comfortably make progress. ;p
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Fix that double post, Lady.
MuthSera

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Fixed. Sorry. Mobile Internet seems to like double posting things :( This is my last update for a day or two, but I'll post when I can. If I don't get to edit my entry I'll go into the long house and apologise to the boy when I get the chance
LadyBhaal

Postby Raigne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Debating how to respond actually. Now that I saw what you said here, Muth, I feel better doing what I was planning. If I was engrossed in something, I really would stand out there in the cold all night until someone said something to pull me out of my reverie. My inability to multitask extends to deep thought just like it does to other stuff.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Raigne, if you allow me, and MuthSera allows this I'm quite happy to stop you from too deep a reverie, and at least try to have you keep up with the others. MuthSera, if Raigne accepts can that be one of my default actions please?
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

LadyBhaal wrote:Raigne, if you allow me, and MuthSera allows this I'm quite happy to stop you from too deep a reverie, and at least try to have you keep up with the others. MuthSera, if Raigne accepts can that be one of my default actions please?

.... Huh? I wasn't paying attention. Too busy looking at the scenery.

Okay. Anyways.

... Why would you have to ask permission to attempt to keep raigne from getting too off track?
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:34 pm

She's asking because the only reason she knows I would need it is because I said so OOC.

And don't worry about it. IRL if I know Something's going on around me I can auto pilot to a certain extent. Like reading a book while walking through the halls, I am aware enough of other people to avoid walking into them, but not enough to go around a wall mounted trophy case that's out of range of my line of sight over the top edge of the book.

Raigne

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Raigne wrote:She's asking because the only reason she knows I would need it is because I said so OOC.

And don't worry about it. IRL if I know Something's going on around me I can auto pilot to a certain extent. Like reading a book while walking through the halls, I am aware enough of other people to avoid walking into them, but not enough to go around a wall mounted trophy case that's out of range of my line of sight over the top edge of the book.

Eh. S'okay with me.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm

You're so lazy. Get worked up about something! You're too laid back! It's unnerving. Usually you're a spaz.

Raigne

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Am not! . . Oh wait, him.
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 am

Heh. Who STILL doesn't understand why the boy is upset?
MuthSera

Postby chrono » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 am

Raigne wrote:
Spoiler: show
I would appreciate it if you could make an effort to respond in the order we posted, rather than you read (is it hard to read in order?), since I should be no where near the group during my exchange with Lothmar.

No need to be rude about it, but the only location-relevant text I could find in the last page (6 or so of your posts) was
She rushed to catch up, but would remain on the fringes of the group, within ear shot, but obviously trailing behind, too busy absorbing her surroundings to really pay attention to the people she had come here with, and too suspicious to take her eyes off everyone else.

I assume "within earshot" works both ways... Let me know if I've missed something :)
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Raigne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 am

As an elf, within earshot is a fairly long range. If you called my name I could hear you, but otherwise I'd only be catching bits and pieces of any discussion between people, because I'd have to be concentrating on the conversation to hear the whole thing. I should have been more specific. I suppose if you were paying attention to the conversation with Lothmar you'd certainly hear it, but you had made it seem that you were speaking to Noah and then approached the man at the gate, and so would be at the head of the group and the farthest away, possibly even ahead some of the villagers. Perhaps if you'd been given a chance to post you'd have dropped back with everyone else?

ETA: I believe Muth's reasoning for posting early was that we weren't doing much other than walking.

Raigne

Postby chrono » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am

*shrug*
I've always thought that "within earshot" was pretty much equivalent to "you can hear what's being said" rather than "you can hear parts of something being said". Anyway, I'm an elf too ;) so my earshot is roughly the same as yours. Nobody really bothered much about marching order specifics, so it seemed that we just walked in a more or less tight group. I have to admit that my last post was horribly sloppy because I'm still at work and I didn't have much time, but before that I said I was walking alongside the warforged. During the way I only said about 2-3 sentences and about as many were directed at me. Apart from that it wouldn't have been a problem to hear a nearby exchange and I would have been actively listening if that was the only conversation going on. Also I did express dislike about speculations before, so most likely I'd hear it and snap back even despite not really being a part of the conversation.

I hope this clears it up :)
Also, brace for an outburst in IC

Edit: by the GM's words those who don't say what they're doing are considered to be following the group. Since I didn't really see somebody separating, just assumed we were "together" without paying much attention to the specific details (i.e. you seem to think the warforged was toward the beginning of the group and I honestly can't say :) ).
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 am

Yeah yeah, calm down people, everyone save the warforged gets the same +2 listen. We get it, pointy ears are functional and fashionable. XD
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 am

Chrono. Perhaps I should have spelled it out in gaming terms, but you're under effect of a calm emotions spell.
The avatar has an aura.

I won't really get on your ass for role playing being aggressive and unlikable, so much as simply being over emotional. <:3

At least it's coherent and lends to accuracy about your character.
MuthSera

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games