A New Life (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby malekith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Kith tried stiffling a cough without moving and settled for having to angle it away from her.
"Say, um, you don't remember a car crash at all do you?"
A car crash....
....A CAR CRASH!
Then it hit him and he knew she was a friend.
Better than that he knew who she was.
He spoke only moving his lips and through half lidded eyes. His concentration never leaving the area around them.
"I do, yes Lady, i do. I'm Kith. Remember?" He hugged her tighter.
"Not to alarm you or anything dear, but we have a visitor. Small, green and ready for a fight by the looks of him"

Before Kith could react the goblin spoke: "Wait, timeout! If I accidentally stumbled from my crash site onto a national park in the middle of a larp session, please tell me now; One im friggen lost. Two, I wouldnt mind playing as an NPC if you guys have better costumes"
The eles looked up. Kith sighed and answered:
"One join the club, Two these ears are real dude and Three are you Lothmar, Noah or chrono?"
malekith

Postby Raigne » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 pm

She stopped when she heard the same voice coming from a new direction, shouting "Marco!" She shook her head and muttered to herself, "No one ever listens..." She listened again and adjusted her trajectory through the woods. If she had to keep wandering around, tromping through the snow would wear her out quickly. Or not, you'd think you'd have noticed it by now, right? So maybe it is a dream and I won't get tired. Seems like if it was a dream something would be chasing me, or I'd see a giant fish swim by, or the earth would crack open and drop me onto Mars. She shivered and hugged her arms to herself, just in case Murphy picked now to start dumping hail on her in retribution for the glimmer of optimism. Since the owner of the voice she had followed had ignored her, she could only conclude that he hadn't heard her. Maybe that was for the best. If she came across him, or any of the others before they noticed her, she would lurk in the shadows or something, until she knew whether or not it was safe to approach. What am I saying? It's a dream. What are they going to do? Actually... since the dream's pleasant so far, how bout we not tempt Murphy and practice some due dilligence, lest he turn it into a nightmare, eh?
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby malekith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Spoiler: show
Kith groaned as the goblin pulled at his ear.
"Grrr, would you stop that. Look short-stuff this ain't no LARP we've been in a car crash and now we're here. Wherever here is. Don't you remember? and yes I do want your screen name it would be helpful. Thank you" He pured his annoyance into the last two words as he lifted his head and propped it with his free hand.
The elf sighed.
"I'm not trying to be funny here it's the truth, but you're right it is cold. However I'm sharing this space and time with this lovely lady here so if you have nothing more constructive to say or anything useful on your persons I'd advise you find a hollow tree or something to bunk down in."
At which point he gave the small green thing the best cold stare his acting skills could muster at that point. He hoped it was colder than the air around them.

to be read after lothmar's post below
Last edited by malekith on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malekith

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 pm

". . ." He paused for a moment scratching a bit at his hair. "Hmm, oh my screen name!" He added in an optimistic tone. "Jeeze, figured the rate you guys called me a lunk head you thought that was my screen name." He added with a snort walking closer. "Huh, you guys are bigger then I remember you. Pfft, yeah right if they were real I couldn't, Neh!" He added trying to hop the distance out of arms reach to tug on his ear, still unused to his new size and limitations. "Do this. Wait, I cant do that. DAMN YOU GRAVITY!" He added only to pause and shiver in place. "Forget it, it's too cold to try so hard at being funny." He grumbled. 'Especially when you're not.' he thought to himself feeling a bit pessimistic now.

(Re posted. Apologies)
Lothmar

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:50 pm

"What, um, Kith? You?" She sighed and let him hug her, he was warm and being rather polite, almost a gentleman. And then kith mentioned the visitor. She was almost tempted to bite him over the "my dear" comment, but the presence of a third, creature, required about as much attention as she could muster right now. She looked over at the newcomer, trying to wonder if she should be afraid or not. Was this a person or not? "Um, Hello?" she then pointed to her meat shield "What he said: no, we're not LARPing; we're also lost; and if you call these rags a costume then you've got more problems than I do right now. Now come over here and help me get warm"
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:51 am

Chrono hunched involuntarily. It was a lot colder than he thought initially, or maybe in his current state he was overly susceptible to the cold. Either way, he couldn't waste too much time. And it was then when he heard the voices. They were coherent, yet didn't seem aggressive, coordinated or coming from all directions. Given the current situation, those were all positive things. There was only one thing to do - head toward the female voice. After all, everybody was bound to be there sooner or later.

Chrono moved as stealthily as possible while still walking hunched with his arms wrapped around his body. He took great note of the voices, making sure they're not to his side and especially not behind him. After the next exchange of words he seemed distressed for a moment, then sighed in relief. It would seem the others were complete morons, which was probably a good thing given the circumstances. After all if somebody would chase him it would be much worse if those people had some sense.

Once he sees some of the others, Chrono hugs the nearest tree for support and cover and observes what happens.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 am

Raigne and Chrono can both see the group. 2 huddling figures, and a smaller one.
Lothmar successfully spots both Raigne and Chrono.
Kith is now staggered from the cold: On the verge of unconsciousness.

The boy seem relieved to be free of the furs. He continued marching through the snow quickly with the expectation that Noah will also travel in that direction. Walking alongside him and attempting to speak to him, he goes quiet and listens to Noah speak. Small flickers of a smile traveled across his lips for a moment. He had short reddish brown hair, and his skin was very white on his face, except for his nose, as this was rather red. He had an oval shaped face. He carried with him a feeling of childlike strength, awareness, and maturity beyond his years. Around his neck he carried a tiny symbol on a chain, held in the open. He waved a hand dismissively at Noah's words.

"Y-Yeww..." He pointed at Noah.. "MMeee.." he pointed at himself... then he turned and pointed towards the sounds of the others.

As the others came into view, the boy made an obvious mental count, pointing at each visible person.

Spot check.

1..2..3.. He counted all together.. 4.... 5... he counted in the woods. Then he turned to Noah.. and that must've made 6. The boy seemed relieved, then frowned. The weight of the world seemed to rest on the boy's shoulders, and manifested itself as a near palpable tension.

Noah spots Raigne and Chrono when the boy points them out.

Everybody successfully spots the two approaching figures. One of them in carrying furs. Or something.

Edit: Incorrect detail about the boy.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby LadyBhaal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am

Lady notices the boy enter with his pet golem, and notices what the golem is carrying. She ask the golem "is that warm clothing?"

assuming she gets a yes, a nod, or a something vaguely affirmative

She looks up at her meat shield, who looks to be nearly out of it and says "hold on, we're saved" before going over to the golem and getting 2 items of clothing. She slips into one, hoping that it'll cover her properly and says thanks to the golem before staggering back to her meat shield and draping him in the coat. "Here, this will warm you up. Now, come on, put your arm through here will you? Your arm." Realising the futility of this she asks aloud "Can anybody help me dress him"
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:50 am

Chrono gasps as the kid points at him and shakes his head, disappointed at his own lack of stealth. Should have at least crouched a bit or something... Just standing behind a tree was simply doing it half-assedly...
Well, the game is up and it doesn't seem the others are armed (or very fit for that matter), so Chrono shrugs and approaches.

"Hi", he says with a little wave. The elf is very pale, a little on the skinny side with straight white shoulder-length hair. "I guess there's little point in me asking if you have a shelter nearby or at least some thing to make fire with?" He looks around and his stare stays on the metal shape for longer than he wanted to. "I could use some warmer clothes though. What's the deal?"
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Raigne watched the group in the woods for a few moments. Is that... a goblin? So it's a dream. And elves. Maybe. Of course...you'd think if I was going to dream about game characters they'd be one's I'd recognize. A thought occurs to her, and she reaches up to touch her own ears. And then reaches up further, because they are longer than her ears. Ooooh. That explains the body. I am guessing there probably aren't many chubby elves. A second thought occurs to her. She grabs a strand of hair, her mind quickly registering blue?, and tries to braid it with her left hand. While she doesn't completely fail, the results look a little messy and she frowns. I am always left handed in my dreams. Of course, which makes more sense, that my subconscious has finally accepted that I'm right-dominant now, or that I am an elf in reality? I really need to find a book...

She looked up as a metal construct and a small figure approached the clearing. The construct seemed to be carrying ... a dead animal? Fur. Coats or blankets maybe. Am I the only one who isn't freezing my ass off? Score one more for this being a dream. She debated staying in the woods for a moment. If I stay here instead of getting a coat or a blanket, chances are good a squirrel will bounce on one of these tree-limbs above and dump snow on me. Take the coat, Raigne. At this point the smaller figure seemed to point in her direction, so there wasn't really any point in staying hidden anymore, anyway. She would cautiously approach the group in the middle, and, if offered to her, take a coat and put it on.

I was born left-handed and forced to use my right hand when I started learning how to write. I am actually left-handed when I dream, and I am ambidextrous to a certain extent. There are even a few things I do better with the left than with the right. Not that any of that matters beyond flavor text if I don't take the feat, right? xD

Raigne

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:55 pm

"Fine, fine, I get it." He adds grumpily. He rubs his chest for a moment attempting to feign ignorance to the people closing in around them. He grips the stick for a moment turning slightly to pat it against his open palm away from the three parties, as if readying himself just in case. That was until the stick cracked and bent around his hand, dangling by the bark and some thread as he held it in the air almost wanting to cry as he let out an exacerbated “MEH!”

Slowly calming himself he turns to greet the approaching parties with a nod. And since he seemed to be off to a rough start with one of the two huddled together he decided to approach the boy and the metal creature. Curiosity got the better of him and he almost brought himself to poke the warforged with what remained of the stick in his hand but he quickly shook that off and threw the stick to his side, holding out his hands and quirking his face trying to look pitiful as if unsure to the wisdom of approaching and begging so directly.

~Regardless of their response (unless he hears English) he’ll motion with his hands for the two to approach everyone else as if implying ‘they need help as well’~
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Does this kid speak English? Then why was he hurling moonspeak at me? He looked Scandinavian. Is this Earth after all? Maybe it is the future, and English is like Latin... he knows a couple words... still, that will facilitate learning his language greatly, at least the basics... I guess my memory circuits got haywired at some point... Maybe I got dumped out here?

They came upon the group suddenly, or so it seemed to Noah; a pair of practically half-naked people huddling in a snow, a short, scrubby-looking thing standing off a bit, looking at them, and two more figures hiding behind trees. What is this? Some kind of reality show? Noah looked for cameras, but figured in the future they'd be able to make them so tiny and well-disguised you'd never find them. He shrugged.

They began to approach him, clearly desperate for clothing, so Noah lowered the load so that they could get something and the boy could help direct as necessary. A woman, slight with pointed ears, approached. An elf, he told himself, almost disbelievingly - but then, why not? Surgery was probably free and easily reversed. Elves were plenty popular.

"Is that warm clothing?" Surprised by the cleanness of her speech, Noah failed to say anything at first. Others began to get coats and blankets from him, unitl he heard the woman cry, "can anybody help me dress him?"

Noah trudged through the snow, a couple blankets still in his arms, and reached out to grab the frail-looking man, er, elf. But as he did so he noticed his metal fingers were frosty, like a flagpole in winter. He'd take the man's skin off if he touched him. Throwing blankets over his hands, he approached the man from the front, put his hands under the man's armpits, and lifted him up so the woman could get a coat on him.

"You speak English," he stated abruptly.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

As chrono saw the others approaching the pile of fur a hundred worrying thoughts whirred through his head, but he followed their lead while trying not to show his hesitation. With a polite "Thank you... err, if you don't mind" mumbled under his nose he picks something that would best be usable as a fur coat for a person with his build. If there's a spare blanket he helps himself to one as well.

Why was the armored guy so surprised?
"What language did you expect?", Chrono spoke slowly, trying to make this a very plain to understand question completely devoid of any connotations. After a brief moment of thought he added "Would you mind telling me where we are?"
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Noah looked at this new elf.

"I don't know," he smiled - or tried to. "That is, I expected a language, but I don't know what language that is. I didn't know elves spoke English. And our young friend," he indicated the boy, "doesn't seem to speak it well. As for where we are, I don't know - that is, I have no idea. My guess would be Earth somewhere, but that's the best I can do."
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm not the only one who's confused. Of course, if they're all in my head then they're confused because I'm confused... Since no one else was waiting to be offered something from the pile, she would just grab something and toss it over her shoulder, while listening to the exchange.

"My guess would be Earth somewhere, but that's the best I can do."

This place doesn't feel familiar. If this were my subconscious, I would recognize this place, even if it looked nothing like what it was supposed to be. And I would recognize these people. She had a sinking feeling and attempted to confirm her suspicions.

"How did you all get here?"

Raigne

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Chrono shrugged in the warforged's general direction. "I see... Well it was worth a try, I guess", he said with a clearly disappointed tone. He stared for a few more moments, then took a step back and tried to wrap himself in the fur as much as possible.

As Raigne spoke, chrono gave her a wide grin. "It depends of how far back you'd like to know. We could spend at least a few nights around the camp fire discussing my biography, but if you mean more recent events, I believe I might have fallen out of the sky."

Chrono gave another wide grin. He was definitely part joking.
"So can we please get something clear - nobody knows where we can find shelter, am I right?"

Edit: (internal monologue)
"Earth somewhere", they said. The clowns. Earth... What a joke. As opposed to what? They looked every bit as out of place as chrono... One thing was certain, they didn't look like they knew many earth-like planets. What could they possibly base their judgment on? For one thing there doesn't seem to be much sense in having a group of elves, a whassitsname guy and whatever the little jumpy thing was supposed to be... Earth my ass... Not that it couldn't be Earth after all, but right now chances definitely seem a toss between Earth and "a bunch of not-Earth possibilities". I guess if we're lucky we'll have to find out soon.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Shelter

Noah looked down at the boy, then made a "rooftop" with his arms, then put it over his head. "Shelter? Shelt.. Haus.. Casa.." Building? No, that's stupid "Struct?"

Looking back down at the elf that needed help getting dressed, he threw a blanket over his arms and then scooped the man up.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Probably not finding anything of suitable size he simply ends up wrapping a blanket around his body like a toga. However soon after dressing something incredibly hilarious came into his brain for unknown reason, most likely the conversation at hand. He just started laughing as the classic cult TV theme song ran through his head. He slowly backed himself against the tree and looked up with a stupid grin on his face as the words came out.

"Noah, kith, Crono and Lady on a routine expedition," Okay true that's one too many people for the original song and not even including himself but dammit it he was going to make it work! "Met the greatest Beamer ever known (insert the appropriate Brande if needed or subtype of the car that hit them, dammit dont look to closely into this im trying to be funny!) High up on the cliffside, it struck their tiny four door. And plunged them down a thousand feet below; To the Land of the Lost!"

He was laughing so hard he was slipping down the tree he had supported himself against. Now sitting down he kicked his feet obviously highly amused at himself as he tried to regain his composure. "Oh man! It makes so much sense." He added wiping a tear from under his eye.
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 pm

The boy watched with confusion as the coats were taken and dispersed amongst the cold folk. His eyes carefully scanned Lady as she took the coats.. "m-m.. moa? cor... moa?" He asked, his voice very soft, and questioning of her... and he bit his lip. He shook his head, and then that 'weight of the world' seemed to crush down on him further. He swallowed hard and *sniffed*.. but raised his head up again, as if trying to be strong despite great pain.

He shook off the emotion, and a bit of loose snow on his coat, at the same time.

He looked up towards Noah as he began to babble at him.. and..

!?

With noted irritation the boy turned from Noah to Lothmar, and his expression softened as he seemed to calculate internally. He crouched down into the pile of remaining blankets/coats. (2 blankets remaining remaining) and picked up another fur coat. He walked over to the goblin, looking eye to eye with him (The boy being a similar size to Lothmar, maybe 10 years old.), and held a smaller coat at arm's length. It wasn't an ugly or terrible looking one, either.

This wasn't a halfling's or a dwarf's or any old goblin's coat. The boy's eyes spoke with crystal clarity, that this was Lothmar's coat. He gritted his teeth, waiting for Lothmar to take the coat. His eyes glanced at everyone else wearing their coats now.. then down at their feet, where some dragged in the snow, and others didn't quite reach their ankles.

His attention returned to Noah. When he made a roof over his head, the boy simply nodded and pointed back towards where he'd been walking from. "Mmhmm. Marka Dest. Er.. Umm... C-come.... M-me."

Struct? He slowly raised a finger to point at Noah, with a questioning look on his face. His interest in deciphering Noah's words waned and he held his coat to his body tightly. He seemed to lack a further curiosity about the situation. He simply turned about, and started heading back the direction from which he came.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:05 pm

"What? Er' Uhm. Thank you? Must have missed it." He adds taking the coat from the kids hands, face twitching slightly as if he was in fifth grade english all over again with his midget teacher. ((Yes I had one... )) Trying to react politely he nods and puts on the coat and buttons it up before putting his hands in his pocket and snuggeling down into the custom fit comfort. "Mmmhmm." He adds falling into file with the others walking. "Wonder if they'll have stew, or maybe hot soup. . . Hmm, was I going to order chicken or beef at the restaurant?" He adds trying to remember what he was hungry for.
Last edited by Lothmar on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lothmar

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games