A New Life (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm

"Come along, everyone," Noah called out as he hefted the freezing man up, "We must Marka Dest. Also, I believe when we reach shelter we will need to see about exchanging coats until everyone has the right fit."
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Chrono shuffled away from Lothmar. It wasn't much of a retreat, but it definitely had a single-minded air to it - it almost looked like he was expecting the creature to explode any moment, or if anybody made the wrong movement.

Goddamnit, I don't watch nearly enough TV to know what those guys are talking about half the time, chrono thought.

Chrono nodded at Noah: "Now that we have clothes, it really seems to be a good time to head for that shelter house thing the kid pointed at. Come on...", chrono took a few steps in the shelter's general direction, then stopped and turned around to see if the others were still hanging around.

Edit: ninja'd (ah well, I'm not editing... much)
Also, it would be a lot easier if everybody picked a color and used it for their regular speech.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby malekith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Spoiler: show
just a quick post to fill the gap saying that i passed out and someone's gonna have to carry me. probably Noah.
Sorry for not doing a proper post but i'm very busy and gotta go to bed. I'll edit this into a proper flowery piece at the next chance then try to post in.
malekith

Postby Raigne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Noah already mentioned picking you up.

Raigne immediately felt guilty about having taken a coat instead of waiting as she watched the exchange with the goblin, regardless of whether that was what made the boy upset or not. Too late now. She shrugged it off and persisted with her questions as she followed the group. She'd have to be more specific, since the one who came out of the shadows with her seemed inclined to be a smartass. And I thought I was annoying...

"Okay, but what happened right before you fell from the sky?"
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Lady was very surprised to hear the golem say "You speak English"

"Yes, quite fluently, it's my native language. I can speak Japanese enough to get by, say hello in Korean and Chinese, and butcher Scandanavian" She turns to the boy and asks "Sprachts du Engaelsk" She waits for a bit and when it's obvious that the boy doesn't she says "Well, it's official: We're not in Hel" As the boy's pet golem lifts up her meat shield she does her best to make sure that he'll be warm.

She's surprised again to hear the golem say "My guess would be Earth somewhere, but that's the best I can do." She looks up at the golem. "You know of Earth? I'm Lady, this is Kith, the small green thing is LunkHead apparently, does anybody know anything about a car crash? Oh, and what makes you think I'm an elf?"

Another lady entered the clearing with ears similar to her meat shield's. "How did you all get here?" she asked. Lady was confused for a moment. "There were 5 of us in our car, um, were you in the other car? I'm sure it was more than just us who went off the cliff"

She tagged along after her meat shield as the golem followed his master out of the clearing, huddling into the furs and glad of their warmth. We may yet survive this :)
LadyBhaal

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Noah laughed, a strange sound coming from his new body, and one that would take some extra getting used to.

"To answer your question, I know of Earth because I'm from there... or here... whichever. English is my native language, and my name is Noah. And I never said you were an elf."
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby LadyBhaal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 pm

"Hello Noah. Ahh, you were driving weren't you. I wonder if that somehow explains the amount of metal in you now. It's good to know you're here as well. I wonder though: if I'm not an elf; what am I? I do wish I could get a good look at myself" Lady walks along with Noah, checking on Kith and generally chatting, glad that things seem to be working out.
LadyBhaal

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 pm

"That's a nice theory," he said as he picked his way over a fallen branch, "but it doesn't explain why the rest of you came out looking like elves, and it especially doesn't explain how Lothmar ended up so tiny."
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby LadyBhaal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:19 pm

"I never said it would. Honestly I have no idea what's going on, though warm clothing and the promise of shelter are definitely making things appear better. My favorite theory so far is that someone grabbed us as we went over and zapped us into these bodies. My main questions are 'why', 'who', and 'how'. Though I do also wonder what my girlfriend is going to think, and my poor snugglebunny: I do hope she's OK"
LadyBhaal

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Noah just nodded. Even if the "what" was as Lady guessed, it didn't cover "where" and "when." The fact that Lady's girlfriend and her... "snugglebunny," whatever or whoever that was, might as likely as not be dead or have never existed... best left unsaid until some answers could be had. The fact was, five people had been transported to another way of life - another time, another world, another universe or plane of existence - if they could be placed in these bodies, anything was possible and nothing was guaranteed. Hell, he thought, for all we know this kid is the only living creature on the planet.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 am

"What bothers me though" Lady continued "is the boy. He seems to have had some exposure to English before. How did he know we were here? How did he know how many of us there were? How did he know to bring a short coat for LunkHead? Why does he look so worried? How many times has this happened before?"
LadyBhaal

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:43 am

"If we're lucky," Noah mused, "the last person it happened to will still be here and can tell us." Stopping in his tracks for half a second, he cocked his head and looked at her. "Maybe we just met him."
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:47 am

"I didn't think of that." Lady stopped as well "But, he's human, isn't he? What was he before he was zapped?"
LadyBhaal

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

"Bah, if the rest of me was as warm as compared to how much my ear's are burning i'd be much more complacent." He grumbled chiming in from behind them. "And stop calling me Lunkhead. You guys used to insult me enough in chat and forums with that title every time I made a comment. Jeez, do something one time and people label you or something." He continues grumbling. "Hmm, Lunk wouldn't be so bad though. Sure sounds goblin enough. I wouldn't mind that to much if you continue to insist on calling me by a nick-name other then my screen name." At this point he was mostly rambling to himself however, which was a common practice for him when nervous. The other, was laughter as noted beforehand. He'd always reacted odd to situations compared to most people he knew. "Also, conspiracies are all well and good but they'll just make your head hurt; Best not to swim against such a powerful current I say, just let it carry you along until you can swim to shore." He adds smoothing his hands to his sides for a moment as if trying to seem cool but realized that was pretty much impossible in his current situation.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 am

Car crash, eh? Well I guess we all ended up here for some reason...
Chrono was obviously more relaxed after it was apparent that the others were the people from the car crash. With one notable exception, they were all in the same helpless state as he was.
Our fu..., *ahem*, chrono switched mental gears, Lothmar is right - it's easy to come up with dozens of possible explanations, but as things stand right now we have little to no backing for them. So please, in stead of thinking up fairy stories to explain our situation, let's just follow the kid as fast as possible and actually get more information.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 am

The coats provide superb core insulation.
You spot: Alot more trees.
You hear: Wind blowing through a great many large leafy objects. Possibly the forest around you.. Possibly a pack of treants.

The boy trudged ahead through the snow. He lifted his knees high and stepped into it, and sunk down to his knees with every step. He glanced behind himself and did a quick count.. then turned to face forward again when everything seemed alright. His right hand clutched the symbol around his neck and rubbed it with his thumb as he walked.

Soon, after passing over a small hill, a village came into view ahead, and below them. It was nestled in a small valley, and one could see over the top of the other side of the valley, and beyond. The village was surrounded by a strange looking wooden palisade overgrown with plants, that stood at least 15 feet high on all sides. Over the top of the palisade and between some of the overgrown places, the top of a single especially large, long house was seen by anybody looking. Between him and the village stood a crowd of people. Behind them, and behind their village sat a distant horizon decorated with treetops. Beyond even that? The sun sank down, slowly. Twilight threatened the day, which would only linger so long.

The boy continued towards the crowd of people.

The crowd awaits, and the people seem very welcoming.

The boy got up to a run and made a B-line for a stout human looking man with short dark brown curly hair. He hugged him around the waist and seemed to crumble into tears all at once. "Moa.....din gai?!......" the boy murmured as he sobbed. The man brushed back the boy's hood to reveal the less defined ears of a half elf, half human. The boy began to beat his fists against man's chest.. which he took without comment or response.

There are elves. Elves primarily. Humans. No other war forged. There are a small few goblins among them, but they do not cause panic among the rest of the crowd.

Those who interact with the crowd will find them very hospitable.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:08 am

"You've never been caught in a rip tide then" Lady wondered why this small green one was annoying her so You don't let the current carry you, it pulls you out to sea and sharks tend to congregate at the end point. As you said you can't swim against it either, but you can swim across the current until you're out of it, and then make your way to land"

Lady stopped as they crested the hill and the town came into view. "Looks like they've got a Druid equivalent" she says as she surveys the pallisade. She then hears the boy speak more of his language "Looks like this will be harder than Korea was first time" she sighed At least I'll have company this time" With that she waits for Noah to move, she's still looking after her meat shield
LadyBhaal

Postby Raigne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 am

"I was in the other car... I guess", she responded to the other female elf. She listened to the conversation, her brows furrowed. Dreaming...not dreaming...dreaming...not dreaming...need a book. Eventually, she spoke again, this time in response to the goblin, "Screen name. Like online? What website? And what name?" If he'd answered before they reached the village, she would have stopped short, but the village made her do that anyway. She looked at every detail she could. In the forest she couldn't tell, because you couldn't see much beyond the trees in front of your face, but now she could. She could see everything clearly... without glasses... She would marvel at it until someone distracted her.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Noah followed the boy down to the crowd, not hurrying, just steadily trudging down to the gathered throng in front of the village. He saw the boy was crying. Geez... sorry to let you down, kid. As he neared the villagers, most of whom were noticably smaller than him, this will be interesting, he lifted Kith up slightly, a gesture of handing him over, or wanting to set him down somewhere. Though, 'physically,' Noah felt like he could hold him a lot longer before getting tired, he wanted the villagers to find a warm, safe place for him. Too bad he hadn't figured out any useful language yet.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Chrono walked along the warforged most of the way, giving different body parts quick glances. Finally he pointed at the chest piece, his hand stopping a few inches from it as if barely refraining from giving it a knock. So, um..., chrono begins with a slightly forced cheer in his voice, his whole body oozing with hesitation, Um... How much of this body is mechanical then?

... once they're near the village...
Great. Okay. Here goes.

Chrono takes a deep breath and approaches the man holding the boy, trying to smile and not show many teeth at the same time. Hi... Hello., he glances at the man's face looking for signs of recognition, It seems you've been expecting us. Do you mind explaining what's going on?
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games