A New Life (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby Raigne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Raigne listened to the woman speak. She would respond to her rude companion later, if she remembered to. Under other circumstances she'd have been irritated enough to continue as soon as the... I guess it's an avatar? finished her speech, but for some reason she couldn't feel the fury that would motivate such a response, and now wasn't the time, even though she knew exactly what she wanted to say. Because of the effect on her emotions, her next words were matter of fact and devoid of emotion.

"So because the object that facilitates the existence of life has been stolen, you asked for your sheep to make a sacrifice, yanked a bunch of souls from... an alternate plane?, and left a child motherless to do it. It would seem to me that if an object like that was so precious it would have been better protected. And regardless of how unimportant my next question may seem," here she looked pointedly at Chrono, "I would like to know whose family my body belongs to. I have a right to ask."
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:05 pm

He looked over at the boy, finally realizing why he was so angry at Lady. He was about to ask about the people whose bodies they'd taken, when the other elf woman began speaking angrily.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

He was in awe at witnessing something so beautiful before him. A true voice of enlightenment that spoke like a nigh epic monk with access to 'the tongue of suns and moons', a language so ancient and enrooted in all that we speak and read that no matter how much we bastardise and fraction its purity and reform into our countless cultures and new langauges it simply 'is' and shall always 'be' even long after we cease to communicate in verbal manner. He was brought to his knee's and almost wept.

However his nerdgasm was sadly interupted with a feeling that something was wrong. He was about to interupt but her response was ready and his uncertainty had kept him silent. And as he heard those words he finally understood what had felt so wrong. He falls forward in an appologetic manner from his kneeled pose. "This gift shall not be wasted; for it is more precious to me then any I have ever recieved." He adds before slowly sitting back up in his kneeled position, his hand slowly moving to his chest. "At worst it is an extension on our live's but I am not so callous as to accept that." He shakes his head. ". . .But lets say everything goe's fine? Lets say we are victorious after some long campaign to save this world. I assume we'll give up these bodies to thier owners as is only right, but what about us? Will we simply be shunted back into our own bodies in time to witness our own deaths at the bottom of some gorge?" He adds holding his forehead. "Forgive me, but from a purely logical standpoint, the risk doesnt seem worth the reward if that is the case." However he quickly moves his hands to his upper legs. "Regardless, I shall help however I am able. For I have never been someone to allow myself to be entirely ruled by what is and is not logical." He leans forward once again politely bowing his head.
Lothmar

Postby malekith » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Spoiler: show
gonna post in reactions thread this is a catch up post

"I'll have to pay you back sometime"
Kith grinned widely and began to laugh but stiffled it as the motion hurt his chest still, despite it rapidly recovering through the physical closeness with Lady. again that feeling of dread. It can't be, can it? Please God not again...
"Now that sounds like an invitation, however I would not wish to besmirch my current record of valor."
he winked and let Lady lead him towards the village.
I wonder if with the new body I'll have the ability to understand their language. It seems I'll have to check with some of these elves here. But somehow I doubt it....
He had since relaxed a bit further as he had remembered that the goblin was most definitely friendly even if annoying and the metal man had saved him and the other male elf that had entered their presence must be the other crash victim. And as he already had gained the knowledge that it was Lady he was leaning on the only person left to be accounted for was the other female elf, and thus Kith would never relax.
----
They entered the long house and Kith's breath was taken away. For a brief second he stood in wonderment of whatever had forged such magnificence.
Then he dropped the emotions like a dead weight. His logic kicked in and Kith's face became a blank wall as the ramifications filtered through to his brain.
We must be careful here he told himself.
When he saw the woman in the bud, it was an effort for Kith to keep his jaw off the floor. Musn't give possible enemies any sign of weakness, and on top of that it might ruin my chances with the lady on my arm...
He shook his head. She may be nice on the eye, but Kith knew from experience that it made it highly likely she was dangerous and not specifically just physically.
As she drew near the assorted band, Kith said a quick prayer to God for strength of will, but once he had finished his doubts started to flee and it was harder and harder for him to keep a contented look off his face. It worried him. The convosation with the boy worried him further. It galled him that a god could ask so much of its followers.
Once the woman, nymph, thing turned to them Kith reached for the cross at his neck again and use the same tact as the little boy. but when he did so he found that it wasn't as he thought. The symbol felt different, wrong. He took it off and saw a figure of a unicorn. The elf couldn't believe he'd been so out of it to miss that. he chucked the thing on the ground and felt a small measure of composure and clear-headedness sink back to him as he listened to the exchange between the being and his companions.
Once they had finished he realised that his earlier distrust of the other female in the party hadn't waned at all now. The goblin was right, oddly enough. However his profession of help was wrong somehow...
Kith didn't wait for a response this time. He needed to say what he needed to say.
He then said a small prayer of thanks and stood forward eyes locked hard in a look of sheer opposition.
"Don't think me ungrateful that your god saved my life, but I'm content with my place in heavan should that car hit the ground. Your cause seems just but your methods leave room for doubt. Now tell me who and WHAT are you?"
Then he pretended to loose some strength and dropped a veil of pain over his face whilst sliding back to Lady's side.
He thought:
I know your game madam, but I don't buy it. I am no pawn to be played when you feel like it despite my wishes. If you are so weak I think you may deserve to die. If you send us to retrieve the gem, what's to stop me from using it against you when we get it?
malekith

Postby chrono » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Chrono gave Raigne a "go right ahead" shrug. He got what he wanted - the point of his questions was to equip him with a piece of mind for the future and now he was definitely equipped.

As Lothmar spoke, chrono smiled at him in a friendly fashion. Kith followed and Chrono felt forced to add something:
Well I'm certainly glad you guys think so. But are we maybe looking too far in the future? They've brought us here with the sacrifice of six of their friends - this can only mean much is expected of us. It seems to me that we are here to help with a grand task - if it was something easy or fast to do, they'd have done it without resorting to calling us from another world. What will happen to us when the cars fall is a crucial question to us all and I for one really wish to know, but a more pressing question is what is expected of us NOW. It seems it may be months or even years before we're back in our bodies, but we may be facing unknown horrors or daunting tasks starting tomorrow. So I hope you'll agree with me and for now suppress our urge to ask what happened to us, to our time and to our world and instead ask more about what's going on in this world and what all those people expect from us.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 pm

The avatar's composure seemed dented at Raigne's words. She glanced in turn to Lothmar, and finally to Malekith who seemed to enrage her just a little more. She reached out quickly towards the holy symbol as it was thrown towards the ground, and it stopped in mid air. It floated towards her hand, and she curled her fingers around it. She stared at Malekith as if she were ready to pluck out his soul and feed it to her pet dog. "SILENCE, FOOL." The building shook, and the villagers took a step away from her.

Will save: Failed.

The calming aura faded and was gone.

Kith felt completely overwhelmed with the sudden inability to speak. She cupped her hand and coughed into it. Her next words were not in song, but in plain English, with more than a hint of anger. "That's not yours to throw in the dirt. It belonged to the hero, before you."

She turned to Raigne, "Perhaps I've given you all a wrong impression of myself, and whom I represent. Perhaps this grand gesture is seen in the wrong light. Perhaps the display from the boy has given you the impression that I am to be talked to as if I were an equal. That my goddess's gifts are things to be considered and picked through, like carrion." She approached Raigne. "They are not sheep, fool. They are heroes, and team-mates. They're Family! We're all on the same side, here. The stone was guarded by our very best. If you paid attention, you'd recall I said that it was taken by a coordinated assault by our enemies." The avatar looked both at Raigne, and the girl she was inhabiting, separately it seemed. "Now take your tongue and bite it, for me. Because if you refer to them with such disrespect again, I will end your existence here. You have the right to ask, but not the right to know. This is what the family asked for; That you not be told. They may come around and contact you themselves, if they so desire." At that, she was done talking to Raigne.

She turned to Lothmar. "I understand your worries, and you're right to worry. Why help us? Why bother? My goddess was not responsible for your deaths. She was only responsible for your continued life. I only know that my goddess, in her former glory, would've boasted influence great enough to save your physical bodies, too. Not right now, however. It'd take a great magic to penetrate the barrier between our worlds." She sized up the goblin and smiled. "But until the day comes.. We all would appreciate your help in exchange for what you've already been given.. and what I'm going to give you."

She turned finally towards Kith. "This... is not a toy. Should you feel the desire to discover what waits you in the great beyond, It'd only make dismissing you that much easier on my conscience. My goddess does not demand your worship, but she will not let you stay without your respect. " It was enough.

She turned finally to Chrono. For the first time she'd heard him speak, his words seemed to relax her. "Thank you." She murmured, her voice growing calm again. She paced for a moment and considered. "I suppose it would be more fair of me to let you all know that only people who wanted... needed a feeling of a great task, were brought over to this world. An adventure. A feeling of power, and purpose. A calling. Do not try to tell me that no part of you wants whats coming. You were all examined before you made the trip to this world. If this call to adventure exceeds your call to survive, I should only warn you all to watch your tongue around me, in the future."

She sighed heavily and walked back a few steps towards her flower bud, then turned around to face the group. "Now. Noah, Chrono. Lothmar. Approach. You 3 will be the first to receive your gift." She held open her hands, and an illusionary glow formed in them. "Think of 2 things you wish to become. 2 ways in which you could help this cause. 2 classes of individual, if you'd prefer I refer to them this way. You and only you will see them form in each of my hands. When you are satisfied, reach into each of my hands with your own, and pull the glow from my hands. Clasp your hands together, mixing the two forms, and then open your hands. Drink the water that will form in your hands." She managed a smile.
Last edited by MuthSera on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 am

Uncertain if there was an order to wait for he decided to wait for the people ahead of him to go before him. However that didnt stop him from contemplating. 'Dang, I wanted to be a dragon... I mean, that seems like it could help.' He thought with a smile contemplating how if he had the power, how he could properly use it with; Well lets face it his personality behind it.

'I dont really like pain, guess i'll stay away from anything too warrior like. But then again, I have deep seeted emotional issues, barbarian might be a good way to burn off some of this excess agression and refocus it to positive ends... Hmm perhaps as a fall back. Well, I really like making people happy and help but I dont think im dedicated enough to be a cleric." And then it came to him. 'You know, this trip looks bleak. It's going to need someone to bring a smile; Bard. It's got some good side benifits too. Hmm but it may lose actual effectiveness in the long run. I need something with oomph. Maybe plenty of oomphs.' It was then he thought back to his desire to be a dragon. 'Sorcerer. I have no patience for all the book keeping of a wizard anyway.' He thought with a smirk. 'Though, monk and paladin might be nice I dont think I have the conviction to see it through, i'd probably become a fallen paladin and a lapsed monk and really that'd be pretty warrior like. Though Rogue might be nice for my inner coward and ranger would give me the stone's to back up my bluffs in a pinch.' He motioned with his hands as if decideing between Rogue and ranger or Sorcerer and bard. 'Maybe i'll wait for thier decisions, hate to double stack if someone else wanted to take bard. Wait a tic, why do I have to play second banana fiddle to them!? Im just as important! That's my job!' He thought focusing his mind on the choice he had made and without thinking jumped forward reaching in like a greedy child.

However after withdrawing his choices he kind of felt bad that he was so impatient in his decision but he made the bed; better sleep in it. He thought to himself stepping back into line waiting nervously to drink after the others.
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:26 am

Noah had wanted to ask some questions, but after the fallout that just happened, he decided they could keep. Two classes, eh? Hmm... he was already a good performer, but in this new body he didn't think he would go over as well as he used to. Particularly not knowing the language and all. He'd always wanted to be a better athlete, even a martial artist, though he never wanted to go into anyplace where he'd be expected to get hit. That kept him out of football tryouts and martial arts dojos. He hadn't spent a night in the woods since early high school, when he dropped out of the Scouts for theatre. Nature was nice, but it didn't really appeal to him. Same thing with animals. And again, this new body made it kind of a poor direction. He sometimes harbored a desire to be a politician or a diplomat. Not so much because it was glamorous or because he wanted the power and influence, so much as dammit, everyone else kept screwing it up. Speaking of power, they were going to need as much as they could muster on this little jaunt. So what could he pick that was really powerful?

Noah stepped forward silenty, and only then began to worry that his hands wouldn't hold water and his mouth couldn't drink... hopefully this was more symbolic than anything...

Looking into her hands, Noah saw what he imagined, reached out, crushed his hands together, then hurriedly brought them up to his open mouth.

Monk and Sorcerer. Or maybe some kind of psionic? I don't know anything about that, though. LASER EYES.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:09 am

Curiouser and curiouser, chrono smiled inwardly. In fact, he almost did a little inward dance.
He took a step forward and gave the avatar a long appraising look and then smiled. In times like these he felt a little speech was called for, so he spoke (still looking at the woman) but it was clearly meant for everybody to hear.
From what I know of my companions and from what I see in this world I am sure that intelligence, skill and strength will not be lacking when we pursue our task. However, I'm afraid that in time of need some may hesitate because of notions we carry from our world. I am confident in my path and I wish to relieve those who aren't from some of the tough choices we will definitely be required to make.

hexblade warlock :)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby malekith » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:48 am

At that last reply all Kith wanted to do was rant and rave.
What did he care for the poor fool who sacrificed himself? He cared that he had sacrificed himself, but if they were dealing with Kith now, why can't he do as he feels? It may not be a toy, but for all intents and purposes that thing was cutting him off from his God and Kith didn't like it!
He looked for elves in the congregation that looked similar to him ((Spot check)), not sure whether he was doing it to offer consolensces, to avoid them or to kill them. He hated being confused like this.
But she was right, he had wanted adventure, he had wanted to escape that old world. There was nothing left but hurt for him there no matter how he tried to hide it or however many times he went backstage and pretended to be someone else. But why couldn't she have just let him die! If she had given him the choice, things would be different. This 'godess' was beginning to bug him. It felt like Tron, or even Erfworld except he wasn't himself in charge of a great army but his mind stuffed into the body of a seemingly worthless elf. The only problem was he couldn't rant, he couldn't open his mouth. It took all his strength of Will and his faith in God to stay looking neutral. The anger was there but he couldn't use it. Kith realised it must be some kind of magic, it was after all a D&D world, and he'd had no training in the arcane arts.

But he'd play along he thought to himself. Let her give him the tools to destroy her, or help her. He still wasn't sure which but had faith that God would show him which when his journey was through.
His next question was then answered for him. Where to get the weapons for such a quest.
The only problem remaining was the class to take, or at least he hoped. She had called the others first so it made him think that possibly his would be different, had his little bit of show-casing made her that angry? Well either way he had time to think, so think he would.
Conflicting thoughts crossed his mind. He liked performing in fact it was his life, yet a Bard wasn't his cup of tea, and Kith doubted his charisma was that high as of his shyness in social situations. He had often had illusions of times when he would just not give a damn and wander down the streets with sword in hand and just killing those in his wake, but that just didn't work well with his christian ideas and his personal morals. However Kith always prefered the subtler methods of power. In fact a Rouge would suit him right to the ground especially as it gave him the option of an assassin later on. And so it was down to the second choice. He again had an idea for this one. He would fight Magic with Magic. The only question was what kind of magic. Would he succeed as a divine cleric of God? or would he prosper better as an evil caster? The Dread Necromancer seemed a little overkill to him despite the obvious allure it held, so he was torn between the 4 classes to fill the last slot: Cleric, Wizard, Sorceror or Dread Necromancer.
Which to choose...
malekith

Postby MuthSera » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:54 am

The avatar shifted her eyes towards Kith during his internal speech, while the three were determining their classes. She clenched her jaw in the midst of his internal monologue, especially how unimportant the family is, and how he would be given tools to destroy this goddess. It was rather sudden when she turned to him. "You are dismissed." And it's effects were immediate. He fell to his knees.. and when he looked up, he spoke a question in elvish. She replied in elvish. Several of the villagers supported him and patted him on the back. He smiled and kissed a village girl on the cheek. He stood amidst the crowd. The kith soul, had departed.
Last edited by MuthSera on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 am

Raigne watched the elf fall to his knees. Hmm. To her it appeared that the initial action that angered the avatar was the trigger and that the avatar had reconsidered an earlier decision to show some mercy. And if she chose to do the same thing for an unintentional insult to her followers? Raigne wasn't trying to insult the followers. She simply had no way of knowing what the avatar's motives were and skepticism was her default position for everything she didn't understand. If the avatar had changed her mind about staying her hand for one, she could change her mind about the other, and Raigne felt a little disobedience was a small price to pay.

"I would like to apologize. It is twofold. I am sorry for my inability to "bite my tongue". My nature is defiant. I am also sorry if you believe I have slighted your followers. That was not my intent. They are your flock. You are their shepherd. They place their faith and their trust in you. I cannot. I do not know you. The boy's reaction is important to me, because it indicates the possibility that there may be others who are unhappy with your solution, including the family of the body I inhabit. I want to let them know that I will respect and take care of it. I have no interest in adventure for its own sake, but this woman has a family here. I want... need to know what she felt was at risk, that she would give her body to a stranger."

Raigne was still suspicious of the avatar, and of the god she represented, she couldn't change that. Maybe her reaction was overly defensive, or maybe she genuinely cared for her followers. On Earth there were truly compassionate deities, even if most of them were fickle and abused their position of power. This avatar hadn't proven herself to be either, yet. Give her the benefit of the doubt. You aren't usually this cynical. The two possibilities, that you've cracked and are living inside your head, or that reality is all wrong, are making you confused and scared. Relax.

Raigne

Postby MuthSera » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 pm

The avatar paused and she turned to Raigne. She looked considerate, as the elf spoke. She responded in her song language, as if directly to Raigne's thoughts. "Oh, dear. No. I didn't dismiss him over the holy symbol, although it was certainly enough, by it'self. Because of his actions, I decided it was appropriate to read his mind. He was evil. I dismissed him painlessly. You are clearly not evil. Just misguided and grating." She paused as Raigne spoke.

"I have context for your words now, while I did not, before. I took it as an attack. An insult, more so to them, than to my goddess, although I will not tolerate either. For now, you need not trust me. You need only obey me; Help me with this task." She spoke forcefully. "But if that means you must speak with her family.. I will let them make that decision. Let it be known that Raigne... this one before me.. wishes to speak to her family."

The villagers quietly whispered to one another, at that. In elvish, of course.

The goddess watched Lothmar with interest, even smiling, waiting. "Take your time, Lothmar." She turned to the others. "Raigne. Lady. Approach, and make your choice."
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:24 pm

He had almost brought his hands together before he quickly pulled them apart. "Wait, I could be making a horrible decision. I could be wasting my chance if I choose wrongly; What can you tell me of our enemy? I would hate to focus in a specific brand of sword or spell and find these tactics totally useless against a vast majority of the foes or the final foe we may face." He added aloud thinking how constructs and undead as well as various other creatures would be utterly immune to enchantment or mind effecting spells and if that was the case he'd risk putting his compatriots in danger if he was ever turned or used against them as they would likely still be able to be 'pushed' in a sense with such magic.

"And though my voice is important in this choice, I value those of my friends; and of course the words of those who know far more about this world then I. . . What can you suggest? Anything you could share about the journey ahead would be invaluable and most appreciated." He adds with a polite bow trying to hide a worried look as if pondering if his own judgment might be flawed with lack of information; and in so choosing he may end up being a hindrance or harm by failure.
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:44 pm

The avatar nodded to Lothmar. "War Machines. Undead things. Elementals of ice. The common races." She seemed to admire that he'd ask her opinion.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Just misguided and grating... yeah, that sounds about right. She approached the avatar, and tilted her head to the side, considering the avatar's words. Classes of people... two classes. Like RPG classes? After considering her options, and making sure Noah hadn't suffered any ill effects (He's made of metal, the only ill effects he'd suffer are rust-related, moron. Take a leap of faith.), she cautiously brought her hands over to the avatar's and then back to herself. She took a step back, brought her hands together, gave them a little shake (what am I doing? This isn't a martini...), and then drank the water that formed.

How specific are we being here? Ranger and specialist wizard.

Raigne

Postby Lothmar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:48 pm

"Guess any smart bad guy isn't going to simply use one troop type." He grumbled nervously still trying to choose as he pondered what she meant by 'war machines'. "Forgive my curiosity, in truth I fear I could probably stay in this village a month asking questions and not satisfy my mind enough to shake this anxiety." He added with a deep breath. "But if I may; how will we best be able to help? I sense that there are many objectives, some are obvious and some are less so, if you sense we can be of aid in some lesser manners on this trip that will not distract from our true objective please ask and I am uncertain of everyone else but I will do what I can if I can. . ." He added thinking of the words she had said earlier 'as her followers starve are killed or give up faith' "You said you had lost your champion correct? But do you have the body?" He added with a hint of curiosity. "I ask because I feel we may need every powerful ally we can get in such a situation and if the soul is willing and it was possible to return him to life somehow, I uh; forgive me for prying you need not answer if the subject is too painful." He added giving a few moments for her to speak before continuing.

"You also mentioned this Crystal and the tree; I sense just rescuing the crystal will not be enough. You, said that they had corrupted the crystal and forgive my assumption, this is what saps the land and creatures of their strength and life force, if that is the case is there any way to protect oneself from these effects? Will we need any special knowledge or ability to cleanse this relic and bring back life to this forest and stabalize the tree that links your goddess and this world; And will that be enough to lift this state of ever-winter?" He seemed ashamed at himself for rambling. "I apologize for asking so much, but I..." He was uncertain of even what he would say. "I ask not only for myself but for you as well; the greatest armor one can wear is not necessarily on his body and every bit of knowledge, lore and wisdom we can muster will shield us from various and possibly unnecessary hazards in this journey."

Yet another part of him ate at his mind, that he wasn't being as truthful as he claimed. That he may have simply been asking these questions to stall his choice... He didn't want to believe these insecurities but the possibility was indeed 'possible'.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:12 am

After having made his choice, Chrono had taken a step back and was observing the others.

Crap. Crap. Crap! This is NOT GOOD. He caught himself getting stressed out and glancing around as one of the group was dismissed without so much as a snap of the avatar's fingers. Evil by what standards are we talking about? I thought we're here to go around killing something or other, and killing things you have no grudge against is pretty evil in a lot of people's books. When the avatar spoke, he winced at the word "obey" - possibly this was a unfortunate choice of words, but... He had definitely decided to play along whatever scheme this was without making a fuss about it, but obedience was a whole other ball game. This thought rocketed through his mind with great speed, but a moment later was overtaken by another set of words - this whole mind reading business was very distressing. Is it really mind reading? How deep can she go? He wasn't big on privacy, but somebody else being in his own head was pushing it.

Chrono exhaled and took a very deep breath. He closed his eyes in the process, making it look like a second-long blink if anybody was paying much attention to him at that exact time. Then he relaxed inwardly and tried to empty his mind from any and all thoughts. Almost immediately an image of a fuzzy green elephant raced urgently through his head and was gone. Chrono smiled inwardly - of course, the more he tried not to think thoughts, the more this meant that thoughts from all corners of his mind tended to pop up uninvited. Ah well, no signal is just as bad as white noise. As long as he could refrain from thinking much about the avatar and the others, anybody reading his mind would get dizzy pretty quick. Maybe.

He couldn't help noticing the avatar's answer about their enemies though... Well at least she didn't say "mostly dragons and demons". It sounded more like "pretty much everybody else" though. This didn't sound reassuring... How were we to know friend from foe? He expected an answer along the lines of "everybody else is a foe", which of course had to shed at least a little doubt on the virtue of the side they're on in this conflict.

Then it was back to not thinking thoughts.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby LadyBhaal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 am

Lady walks into the long hall with Kith, watching the emotions playing on his face and giggling to herself. As they enter the hall Lady is visibly impressed and intrigued by things. However when the women appears Lady becomes guarded, almost defensive. Whoops, shields up! She listens to the woman speak, and when she mentions how they all came to be here her thoughts turn to rage and anger You bitch! How dare your mistress do that? There is always a better way! If your mistress couldn't find it then she's no goddess; she's just a powerful spirit, nothing more But those thoughts quickly fade and are replaced with new sadness for the boy I understand now, or I understand more at least, even if I don't fully grok things here. I'll really have to go apologise now. I may have a young boy to raise after all this. That'll be fun and she inwardly sighs at that point.

The woman then explains the 'where' Oh, so it's just a pocket dimension. That makes things much easier. I wonder if the bad guys are just The Void Engineers using locals as fodder, or possibly invading in context

And then Kith starts ranting. Lady looks at him, wondering about him, and slowly backing away from him. Then Kith throws the holy symbol on the ground and things go to hell :( Lady's features briefly twist into shock and rage, but only briefly At least I now know there's a chance the boy can get his Mother back after all this. It would be good for that to happen

Then the woman offers them the combination of 2 things they would like to become Goddess! she screams internally You already gave me the body that should have been mine from scratch, there's only 1 more thing to give, my powers. Not that that'll happen though: her goddess can't even save this world. So, what helps me get the power to save this world; those people; that poor boy? With this level of tech I doubt nuclear physicst or a combination of materials engineer/quantum physicists would really help. What does she mean then?

The woman invites Lady to come over and make her choice. Lady approaches some and asks a question You mentioned choosing 2 classes. Could you explain yourself please. What do you mean 'classes'? What are you thinking of?
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm

The avatar cocked her head to the side, and spoke in plain English. "I believe the terminology you'd be looking for, would be 'dungeons and dragon's.' classes." She spoke frankly and without shame. A fourth wall had been broken but she seemed not to mind, so long as it wasn't, for the villagers. "Now you see, to me, where we are is not so important as what needs to be done. You will find that everyone here has emotions, thoughts, families, hopes, dreams, and fears. They are every bit as sacred to me as I'd imagine you'd picture people from your world are, to you." She coo'ed and set the unformed glowing orbs in Lady's hands, then turned away.

The boy stepped away from his father and shouted something. The avatar paused.. her palms still glowing. He approached her, glancing at her hands. "Cor. Cor kendao, ah ho." She turned to him and looked uncertain. The boy, did not. "Cor, ah ho." He repeated.. glancing to lady. The avatar was speechless for a moment, but held up her hands. The boy smiled and reached forward, scooping the light together and quickly drinking. His holy symbol glowed brightly for a moment, and when it dimmed, it had turned from Wood to Jade.

He smiled at her and turned about, walking out of the long house. The avatar looked strained. She took a deep breath and headed for the far side of the long house. She kneeled down in the flower and sat as it closed around her. She would hear no further questions right now.

Everyone, RP the following: 1 month of game time goes by. I want everyone role playing what they are doing in this time.Consider that things are relatively quiet and you are adapting to your new found abilities. You are each staying with a family that is taking care of you. You are learning common, and if you have an intelligence of 14 or higher, also Elvish. Wizards are with folks that nurture them to learn spells. Rangers spend more time in the wilderness, ect. Role play your ordinary lives, as they are now unfolding out to be. You have a fist full of liberties you can make in your post, but don't go crazy. But just know things are quiet, and you're adapting to the new you. The avatar is spending a great deal of time being reclusive and recuperating.
MuthSera

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games