Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Twoy wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:So anyway, does anyone have a Carnymancer? Or a Turnamancer? The SG is willing to pay for borrowing the services of such, for a mere turn or two, and for a very specific purpose. Contact Sir Pickering at 23 Loco Motif Street, Oregear. Serious applicants only please.

If you build a magic portal in your capital city (See page 12), you can hire a carnymancer or turnamancer from the Magic Kingdom (See Finding a Caster and Hiring a Caster on page 21).

Yes I know. I just don't want to. It's too much of a hassle to find one and the search might fail. OTOH, in two turns tops I could get a hypothetical caster from the Koopas and back (and that's without the Caster having to move from their cities on their own power or using Koopa-provided transport). Heck, I could arrange for the transport back and forth to occur on the same turn.

And I'm never building an MK portal, never ever ever.

marshalkowski wrote:Would Kamek be required to travel for your purposes?

Hmm, maybe not.

So specifically, the thing I want is the two lovely creatures that popped near my city- a Megalogwiff and a Purple Dwagon. I was planning to capture them and deliver them to one of my bigger cities, but presumably I can lug them around more. So it may be the case even that the caster will not have to move at all.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:...but presumably I can lug them around more. So it may be the case even that the caster will not have to move at all.

A full (8) stack of Navvies could probably move at full speed while carrying a purple dragon. That would still take four turns to get there, or three turns to get close.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Navvies?!

Why use Navvies when better transport is available?

Anyway, Koopas and Isoceleans: how about we move towards an official alliance? We'll probably send units in each others' airspace so it's best to prevent unwanted incidents.

AND, Koopa Kingdom- how much for the SG using 40 juice from your caster to attempt two tamings?

(Q to Twoy: the point is, SG wants to hire the services of a caster; if successful, the taming should place the units under SG, not Koopa, control. Possible?)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Navvies?!

Why use Navvies when better transport is available?

Anyway, Koopas and Isoceleans: how about we move towards an official alliance? We'll probably send units in each others' airspace so it's best to prevent unwanted incidents.

AND, Koopa Kingdom- how much for the SG using 40 juice from your caster to attempt two tamings?

(Q to Twoy: the point is, SG wants to hire the services of a caster; if successful, the taming should place the units under SG, not Koopa, control. Possible?)

It should be possible for a Turnamancer to turn a unit to whichever side he wants.

I am a bit concerned about how you plan to transport a purple dragon. Your Otto Motors and Diwigibles will not be able to get off the ground while carrying a heavy unit.
Twoy

Postby Nihila » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 pm

I have a Level 2 Turnamancer who can reach Oregear in two turns, if the Steam Gentlemen are willing to make the alliance necessary for him to move into Oregear (the last move into the city will exhaust his mount's move) and if the Koopa Kingdom grants him free passage through their airspace. What terms of hiring are the Steam Gentlemen proposing?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

Twoy wrote:I am a bit concerned about how you plan to transport a purple dragon. Your Otto Motors and Diwigibles will not be able to get off the ground while carrying a heavy unit.

The same way the flimsy Archons were intending to abscond with the lumpy Parson. By teamwork, networking *ba-dum-tish* and synergy.

Nihila wrote:I have a Level 2 Turnamancer who can reach Oregear in two turns, if the Steam Gentlemen are willing to make the alliance necessary for him to move into Oregear (the last move into the city will exhaust his mount's move) and if the Koopa Kingdom grants him free passage through their airspace. What terms of hiring are the Steam Gentlemen proposing?

The basic idea is simple. SG pays the side with the hired Turnamancer an agreed-upon sum for the casting of two taming spells.

To this basic set of conditions, some warranties imposed by the SG to ensure the caster turns the critters to the SG not someone else, and by the Caster's side to ensure the safe return of the caster. Details pending transport arrangements. Ottos will not reach the Minititans in one turn, for example.

Alliance and other logistics, of course.

Alternatively, the SG may pay in units. We have Golems in mind. We might deliver a caster to a location designated by the side we'll hire casters from, and produce an agreed amount of an agreed type of Dirt Golems. Said golems would instantly become units belonging to that other side.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Elder Gods Turn 12 is complete:

Notes: A L1 Hound of Tyndalos, 12/3/5/32, bearing Sebek, 11/9/35/10, a level 2 warlord, who is wearing a Cloak of Def +5, Earring of Def +4, Ring of Def +3, Necklace of Def +3, Earbug of Def +2 , Greaves of Def +2, Backpack of Def +2, Boots of Defense +1, Tarot Deck of Def +1, Bracers of Def +1, Nipple ring of Def +1, Breastplate of Def +1, and Gauntlets of Def +1 appears in 61.09 from the Southeast and easily croaks the Isocelean’s iScout 4.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Anyway, Koopas and Isoceleans: how about we move towards an official alliance? We'll probably send units in each others' airspace so it's best to prevent unwanted incidents.

The Isoceleans are always open to a right alliance. Let the three great powers angle appropriately to victory.

{Of course, I've assumed that we are already allied, since we move together and are fighting a common foe. Perhaps that's a big assumption.}
LTDave

Postby Twoy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:54 am

LTDave wrote:{Of course, I've assumed that we are already allied, since we move together and are fighting a common foe. Perhaps that's a big assumption.}

It would probably be best for all of the Western Kingdoms to have a proper alliance in order to avoid mishaps shuch as two unlead stacks engaging each other when they occupy the same hex.

Note: All the Natural Allies that will exist have popped and are on the map. If you see a Natural Ally that you want, either hire them or coordinate with your "allies" to hire them and pop a stack for you to take on your side.

Note: I modified the rules a bit on items useable by category. There are no sub-types. Only 3 types:
Light non-mount unit.
Heavy non-mount unit.
Mounts.
These rules should not negatively affect any of the players since I have been a bit vague in most cases about who can use items found in ruins.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 am

I'm keen on sending orders for turn 12*, but I wanted an answer to my PM question first please, Twoy.

*: we can/should arrange for the taming attempts to happen on the next turn, as it would make things more fluent.

So then. Two attempted tamings. We can pay in Golems ... I'm thinking about taming two D-class units, my guess is one Metal or two Hard Rock/Acid golems should more than compensate for that (as the juice expenditure for the golems will be several times larger).

Alternatively, 2000$ for 40 juice spent is the starting price. Bidding starts now, lowest bidder wins.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 am

Q: Does "Yes We Can" reduce MK portal build cost?

A: I’m going to rule that a Portal to the Magic Kingdom is a city upgrade and therefore can be affected by a “Yes We Can” or “Cut Corners” spell, which means that the cost of a Portal can also be decreased by using units with the Build special to assist.

I added "Portal" to the Upgrades section on pages 13 and 14 of version .39 (not yet published).

Edit: I am completely caught up on processing orders. That means I can play Heroes of Might and Magic VI for the next three hours until Fringe comes on TV.
Twoy

Postby HerbieRai » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Nooooo, Twoy gets some free time. Obviously we have failed as players. On a side note, you didn't tell me what my warlords found in the ruins. I won't get to my next turn till tomorrow at the earliest so no rush.
HerbieRai

Postby Twoy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Sent the search results.

That's what happens when I get too excited about having free time to play the new game I bought back in November.
Twoy

Postby marshalkowski » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Anyway, Koopas and Isoceleans: how about we move towards an official alliance? We'll probably send units in each others' airspace so it's best to prevent unwanted incidents.

Fine by me.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:AND, Koopa Kingdom- how much for the SG using 40 juice from your caster to attempt two tamings?

5000 Schmuckers should do the trick (100 per Juice, plus a 1000 security deposit (which would be deemed unnecessary if we have an alliance). It will have to wait until Turn 13, when Kamek has levelled, though.
marshalkowski

Postby Twoy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm

EIL Turn 12 complete.
Steam Gentlemen Turn 12 complete.

Please send in your Turn 12. I am caught up again with nothing on my schedule for the next 50 minutes but more heroes of Might and Magic.
Twoy

Postby Nihila » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm willing to take 1120$ for 2 turnings of D-class units. That's just enough to cover upkeep, but it's not like the Turnamancer's doing much besides a few rush-building things.

For this, however, I'd like to ask the Steam Gentlemen, Isoceleans, and Koopas for alliance terms, with 50,000$ penalties for breaking them, lasting for at least 25 turns.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Nihila wrote:For this, however, I'd like to ask the Steam Gentlemen, Isoceleans, and Koopas for alliance terms, with 50,000$ penalties for breaking them, lasting for at least 25 turns.

The SG agree to those terms.

Nihila wrote:I'm willing to take 1120$ for 2 turnings of D-class units. That's just enough to cover upkeep, but it's not like the Turnamancer's doing much besides a few rush-building things.

SOLD! It appears unfortunately that the large heavy fliers can only be transported by our slow Navvies, so we'll need to bring the caster to some agreed location. We can send an Otto to 15,35, but it will be out of move once there. Presumably you'd prefer your caster to be back on the same turn. This can be arranged if on turn 13 we send a pair of Ottos (with a warlord) to that location. We'll greet the caster at that location on turn 14, deliver them to where the creatures that need taming are, pay the caster then return him or her to 15,35, all on turn 14.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:14 am

My caster will be at 15.35 on turn 14. As that location is in Koopa territory, I would hope that the Koopa Kingdom also agrees to alliance with the Mini-Titans.
Nihila

Postby marshalkowski » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:10 am

Nihila wrote:My caster will be at 15.35 on turn 14. As that location is in Koopa territory, I would hope that the Koopa Kingdom also agrees to alliance with the Mini-Titans.

We will ally with the Mini-Titans.
marshalkowski

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:23 am

Presumably the SG as well. It's an official, three-way alliance.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games