Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Postby Twoy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm

EIL Turn 12 complete.
Steam Gentlemen Turn 12 complete.
Koopa Kingdom Turn 12 complete.

Just got a surprise announcement from my boss, and I will be on the road from Thursday to Sunday.

If you have not sent in Turn 12, please get it to me before Sunday. If you have already sent me Turn 13, you can edit it if you want to make any changes, escpecially if, for example, I forgot to give you XP last Turn and you need to fix your Upkeep cost.

Edit: And I worked late today, so I will have to run the orders from the Isoceleans probably on Monday, but maybe Sunday if I come back home early enough. Still waiting for turn orders from the MiniTitans.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

EIL Turn 12 complete.
Steam Gentlemen Turn 12 complete.
Koopa Kingdom Turn 12 complete.
Isoceleans Turn 12 complete.
There were some technical difficulties with the MiniTitans Turn 12, but hopefully we will get it straightened out soon.

Until then, I will work on the Elder Gods turn 13.

Highlights of Turn 12:
A chief warlord is named.
An infantryman was promoted to warlord and simultaneously leveled because of the multiple battles he fought in.
12 full stacks of stabbers in one city--for a short time then he moved 8 stacks in the direction of the Elder Gods.
6,000 Shmuckers found at a ruin.
Backpack of Hits +5 found in a ruin.
Multiple turnings of large wild units in one round.

Q:If you have two commanders with leadership in a stack, do their leadership bonuses stack, or is it just the highest level that takes effect?
A: No, they do not stack. It's whichever one you designate, but normally the higher one.

A: Similarly, does a Chief Warlord's leadership bonus to the Side stack with a commander's that's in the stack, or again, is it just the highest bonus that counts?
Q: The chief warlord bonus stacks with his own bonus. If the chief warlord is lower level than another warlord in his stack, then the stack would get the leadership bonus from the higher level warlord plus the chief warlord bonus.
If you have a level 4 warlord and a level 6 chief warlord in the same stack. The leadership bonus would be 12. 6+2 for the chief warlord plus half again for being in his own hex=12.
If you have a level 4 Isocelean chief warlord stacked with a level 8 MiniTitan Warlord, the leadership bonus would be 11. +8 from the Minititan and +3 from the Isocelean chief.

Another question: Can I hire another caster I found last turn as well as the Hat Magician, or do I have to look for them again?

A: In this case you would have to look for them again. Normally you can hire as many casters as you like, but you have to give instructions to the caster who is making the search, such as ...If you find a level 3 or lower Carnymancer, tell him to come to the capital and I will hire him, or Tell any level 1 caster to come to the capital to be hired. The good thing is that if you send the same caster to search for a person he has already met, it doubles the chance of success.
Last edited by Twoy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Splendiferous, and I'll be back home in time for turn 13 even. (Though hopefully the buffer of orders will proceed undisturbed).

Twoy wrote:Multiple turnings of large wild units in one round.

Hmmm. Who's been turnin' units now?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Very interesting indeed. I may be turning a dragon on turn 13, depending on a ruling. Is it possible for our casters to meet in the Magic Kingdom? I sent a caster of mine in for a turn and found a few good casters the other sides may want to know about. One being a level 9 thinkamancer in case you have lots of spare cash and a lot of thinkagrams to send.
HerbieRai

Postby Nihila » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

I turned one Red Dwagon, one Gwiffon, and one Thunderbird.

The Dwagon should be useful for Vetinari's hunting trips to the East, and the Steam Gentlemen will most likely meet it at 15.35 in turn 14.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:08 am

HerbieRai wrote:Very interesting indeed. I may be turning a dragon on turn 13, depending on a ruling. Is it possible for our casters to meet in the Magic Kingdom? I sent a caster of mine in for a turn and found a few good casters the other sides may want to know about. One being a level 9 thinkamancer in case you have lots of spare cash and a lot of thinkagrams to send.

Q: Is it possible for our casters to meet in the Magic Kingdom?
A: Yes. You can find each other at your portals, but it really works better to meet at the end of the turn, since turns do not necesarily occur simultaneously.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Map for the beginning of Turn 13.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6CKjN ... EwMTc0NGUz

At the end of Turn 12, Rat 4 spotted Ghatanothoa finishing up a road at 61.24. Ghatanothoa is a L6 warlord, equipped with Eyebook, Boots of Defense + 5, Gauntlets of Defense + 5, Goggles of Defense +5, Pair of Dice of Defense +6 LNH, Ring of +9 Hits LNH, Tarot Deck of Defense +3, Backpack of Def+1 LH. He is stacked with 7 fire vampires, and has another stack nearby consisting of a Hound of Tyndalos and a Flying Polyp.

Note: Ulthar, a L1 warlord, walks into hex 68.25 from the Northeast and croaks Rat 1.

Note: A Hound of Tyndalos flies over Rat 4 from northwest to southeast without stopping.

Note: A couple hours later another Hound of Tyndalos flies over Rat 4 from northwest to southeast without stopping.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Elder Gods Turn 13 complete.

I will start processing turn 13 orders on Saturday.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 am

Is the Rat hidden or what? Why didn't the Hounds attack?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:19 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Is the Rat hidden or what? Why didn't the Hounds attack?

I don't want to reveal anything, but it's possible the Hounds had orders that did not include croaking the Rat.

Steam Gentlemen Turn 13 is complete.
EIL Turn 13 is complete.

Q: Can Courtiers use message hats?
A: Yes. I just added, "Courtiers are commanders without a leadership bonus."

Get your moves in if you can. I should have time to process some orders on Sunday.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 am

Question: Where in the rules is the bit about speeding up production time? There is one spell to half the time, but I can't see where one can use Shmuckers to speed up building things.

Question: If there is no way of speeding up production, why would anyone ever build a special D, Knight, or Commander?

To the Allies:
"Isocelean forces have now moved into the Central Forest. Army Group East will be reaching 46.18 with 64 Stabbers this turn. We intend to build a new city "Pointy End" in 49.19 in turn 15."

"On another point, the Isocelean Empire excells in the creation of magic items. Any allied Commander, Heavy or Humanoid, is welcome to free Defence or Attack Combos just by visiting any of our core cities."
LTDave

Postby Twoy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Question: Where in the rules is the bit about speeding up production time? There is one spell to half the time, but I can't see where one can use Shmuckers to speed up building things.
Answer: See Hurry Production on page 33.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 pm

I just want to point out that an incredibly powerful army with no flying or ranged capability is very vulnerable to an army that has flying and ranged. A couple of you are making very powerful armies that in theory could be defeated by a L1 Warlord flying on the back of a Shoggoth.

Note: Isocelean Scout 1 moves east to 50.10. On the way he spots Sebek, a L5 Elder God Warlord, riding a L1 Hound of Tyndalos searching the ruins at 49.11. Sebek is wearing a Cloak of Def +5, Earring of Def +4, Ring of Def +3, Necklace of Def +3, Earbug of Def +2 , Greaves of Def +2, Backpack of Def +2, Boots of Defense +1, Tarot Deck of Def +1, Bracers of Def +1, Nipple ring of Def +1, Breastplate of Def +1, Gauntlets of Def +1, and the Hound is wearing a Gorget of +5 Move HM.

Steam Gentlemen Turn 13 is complete.
EIL Turn 13 is complete.
Isoceleans Turn 13 is complete.

Still waiting for input from the Koopa Kingdom and the MiniTitans.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Twoy wrote:Question: Where in the rules is the bit about speeding up production time? There is one spell to half the time, but I can't see where one can use Shmuckers to speed up building things.
Answer: See Hurry Production on page 33.

So, still needs a moneymancer.
In other words, I'm never building a Special D, Warlord, or Knight.
Ho hum.
LTDave

Postby Twoy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 am

LTDave wrote:So, still needs a moneymancer.
Ho hum.

There are a couple hundred casters hanging out in the Magic Kingdom waiting for a job contract.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:51 am

LTDave wrote:So, still needs a moneymancer.
Ho hum.

Indeed. It's why I'm kicking myself for not having chosen a Moneymancer as my starting caster because they are by far the most useful discipline, with Turnamancy a second.

Yeah, you may hire them from the MK, but that's just inconvenient. Oh well. As I've made my bed I shall lie in it.

PS: I thought I noticed a nice-ish Dirtamancer exploit, since I have one. You use a fast mount to bring the (high-level) Dirtamancer close to the battle front, summon several strong golems, send their to their deaths with no upkeep paid for them- wee- effectively getting a few "free" hits on the enemy.

Not nearly as powerful as the econ boost of a Moneymancer, but alas, it doesn't even work. Dirtamancer must be in a city to cast golem summoning.

Still, in the early game, a Dirtamancer served me very well.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Still waiting for input from the Koopa Kingdom and the MiniTitans.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 pm

I think I should be sending orders for turn 14 as well. You'll have them some time today. Also, I'll be away on the weekend, but that's just Fri/Sat/Sun this time.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Boo 3 discovers City 13, a L3 EG city at 64.20, with 8 archers manning the walls, a L1 Hound of Tyndalos guarding the air space, and two ships under construction at the Wharf in Hex 65.21. He passes a stack of forest giants at 67.19, follows a road to City 11, a L3 with 8 archers manning the walls, continues following the road to a sea, zigs and zags a bit trying to decide where to end turn with the best chance of survival and uses up his last move at 70.10, with City 9, a L4 with 8 archers manning the walls, within sight at 71.10. Boo 3 also sees Tru'nembra, a L1 warlord, at 70.09 working on a road. Boo 3 has a bad feeling about his future.

Still need input from MiniTitans, but I am going to continue on by first moving the MiniTitans scouts, then making the Turn 14 map.

TURN 13 INFO for MiniTitan Scouts:
Rat 4 moves north until he encounters a mountain range, then turns north east skirting the edge of the range, at 62.13 he spots Shathak, a L1 EG warlord, working on a road all by himself. Rat 4 moves around Shatak and continues northeast until exhausting his move at 64.09.

Meanwhile, to the Southeast, Rat 5 wishes that he could swim as he skirts a forested bay. After finally getting through the forest, he turns north and ends turn at 70.37 without finding anything interesting to report.

Turn 14 Map:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6CKjN ... AyMjQyZjcy

That took me longer than expected, so I will work on the Elder Gods turn 14 on Saturday. Feel free to send in Turn 14 any time, or 13 if you have time.

Highlights of Turn 13:
5,000 Shmuckers found at a ruin.
One of the western kingdoms now has nine cities.
One side created 10 message hats.
A natural ally chieftain was promoted to Chief Warlord.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Question: About the Combat System, and Stacking.

the rules, page 6 wrote:Units fight together in stacks of eight and the sum of their attack and defense is taken as a total attack and defense for the stack.

Does this mean that only the first 8 units in a stack contribute attack and defence?

If so, why is there a table for stack with units up to 16?

If not, then what's to stop me putting 90 Stabbers in a stack with a defence value of 90?

It's getting towards the pointy end, when I'll need to start thinking about these things.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games