Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Titanic Mandate vs. Elder Gods

Postby Twoy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:00 pm

The Elder Gods have completed Turn 7. I will work on the rest of turn 7 tomorrow and Thursday.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Jon-tom gives each of your rulers an Eyebook and the name of the rulers of the other four kingdoms.

Side: Evil Imagination Land
Ruler: The Beast

Side: Isoceleans
Ruler: Isoceles the Equilateral

Side: The Koopa Kingdom
Ruler: Bowser

Side: The Disc World's Minititans
Ruler: Death

Side: The Steam Gentlemen
Ruler: Council Chairman Pickwick

Please post your messages to each other on these forums.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Steam Gentlemen, Koopa Kingdom, Isoceleans and Evil Imagination Land Turn 7 is complete.
Last edited by Twoy on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twoy

Postby marshalkowski » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Question we have likely already answered, but I can't find it here or in the rules.

Lacking Moneymancy, can a warlord manually carry funds from one city to another in order to transfer part of their treasury? I think we confirmed this somewhere, but I'm only finding references to the Moneymancy spell, or popping cities with cash on hand...
marshalkowski

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Council Chairman Pickwick sends a thought into the ether.

"I say, Isoceleans and Koopas, how about we make a trilateral non-agression agreement to share the lands between us?"
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:54 pm

marshalkowski wrote:Lacking Moneymancy, can a warlord manually carry funds from one city to another in order to transfer part of their treasury?

I sure hope so. I've been using that maneuver on a massive scale so far, and plan to continue.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Greetings from the Isoceleans.
Rumours of our Rectangulation have been greatly exaggerated, though we appreciate your patience.
Our orders for turn 7 have been dispatched.

We note from the map that our empire is one of the two closest to the likely position of the enemy. We will begin sending scouts to identify targets shortly.

We strongly urge the other nations to begin mobilisation of forces towards the likely enemy locations.

As to treaties and agreements with the other nations, it seems that the vast plain to the south and east of our cities will be adequate for our expansion needs. We suggest that others start building cities on the northern and southern plains.

May your total internal reflection never exceed 180.
LTDave

Postby Twoy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 am

marshalkowski wrote:Lacking Moneymancy, can a warlord manually carry funds from one city to another in order to transfer part of their treasury? I think we confirmed this somewhere, but I'm only finding references to the Moneymancy spell, or popping cities with cash on hand...

A commander or chieftain can carry money between cities.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:28 am

One question to the Isoceleans: do you plan on building a city in a hex immediately surrounding 20, 09?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Turn 7 submitted. If I may ask, who owns Vannila Dome? I just want to know who my neighbors are.

And to my neighbor Death (i figure we should move our conversation here rather than PMs)

I appoligize for the low offer on Ankh, I was under the assumption is was a level 2 city. I will revise my offer next turn.
HerbieRai

Postby marshalkowski » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Vanilla Dome and Monstro Town are both holdings of the illustrious, biggest and baddest Koopa Kingdom.
marshalkowski

Postby Nihila » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

The intent of Death's offer appears to have been misunderstood.

The Mini-Titans are not interested, under any circumstances, in surrendering, razing, or otherwise losing the city of Ankh-Morpork. Until this development in our neighbor's policy, we had in fact been preparing to move eastward, into presumed enemy territory. That expansion has now been postponed until a peace treaty is resolved.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby marshalkowski » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Nihila wrote:The Mini-Titans are not interested, under any circumstances, in surrendering, razing, or otherwise losing the city of Ankh-Morpork.

Gwa ha ha! Bowser enjoys discord!

Seriously, though, it's worth remembering that Ankh-Morpork tends to be near and dear to Discworlders' hearts.
marshalkowski

Postby Twoy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Steam Gentlemen, Koopa Kingdom, Isoceleans and Evil Imagination Land Turn 7 is complete. Mini Titans is almost complete. Jon-tom will probably provide a map of the western kingdoms at the end of Turn 7, but that will probably be on Saturday.

Highlights of Turn 7 include:
2 special A's and a Knight chieftain raise to level 3.
Ruins only yielded 600 Shmuckers.
More than half of an allied stack croaked in one battle.
A king dined on sweet and sourmander shortly after reaching level 2.
A side has more than 100 magic items.
4 full stacks gathered in one field hex.
A side created three new cities this turn.

Special note: The game will take a holiday break from around Dec. 22 to Jan. 3.
Twoy

Postby marshalkowski » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Man, I am not doing anything particularly exciting. Here's hoping something impressive pops next turn.
marshalkowski

Postby Twoy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:33 am

Question: And, ah, I have to pay an increased security deposit every time a caster levels? That, frankly, makes it prohibitive to hire casters.

Answer: The rules for contracts were designed to keep ruthless rulers from abusing casters from the MK.

If you did NOT have to pay an increasingly expensive security deposit, then you could hire a level 1 from the MK and keep him until he is level 10 on a 1,000 Shmucker security deposit. Then when you were finished with him, you could croak him and get 110 xp for one of your warlords, and it would only cost 1,000 Shmuckers.

The concept with hired casters from the MK is to hire them, have them cast a handful of critical spells that give your side some tactical or strategic advantage, and then send them back to the MK.

One thing that you can do, for example, is hire a level 3 Dirtamancer, have him produce 6 Rock Golems over three turns and then send him back to the MK at Level 4 with 0 juice left and without having to pay the extra 7,000 Shmuckers required to maintain him at his new level.

And, just in case it is not clear, you get the security deposit back when the caster returns safely to the MK.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 am

Turn 7 is complete. I will try to complete the Elder Gods' Turn 8 today.

About the Eyebooks: You can use them to communicate privately with each other if you have a particular reason to do so. However, I think it makes the game more interesting for everyone if you post your messages here on the forum. You can also, of course, communicate amongst all of the five rulers if you have something to discuss that you do not want me to know about.

If the Elder Gods figure out how to hack the eyebooks, you will then be required to post all communication here.

Elder Gods' turn 8 is complete. I have 9 messages from you that looks like it includes most of what I need to complete Turn 8 (except the Isoceleans). I should have more time tomorrow, maybe even enough to complete Turn 8. Hold off on sending Turn 9, because some more wild units are going to pop, and Jon-tom is planning to send a map with most everything revealed... except, of course, the Eastern side of the map.
Twoy

Postby Nihila » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:17 pm

The Mini-Titans would like to reiterate their treaty proposal to Evil Imagination Land:

New Mini-Titans settlements shall be East of Row 23, new Evil Imagination Land settlements shall be West of Row 17, existing settlements shall be unmolested, the two sides shall agree to a 25-turn non-aggression pact with a 50,000 Schmucker penalty for breaking it.

While border negotiations are less necessary for any other sides, we are, of course, willing to accept non-aggression pacts with other sides.

Until we have an assurance that the city of Ankh-Morpork will not come under attack, we must, however, halt our expansion towards the east.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Evil Imaginationland reluctantly Agrees. There are bigger problems in this world than minor border disputes.
HerbieRai

Postby Twoy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Steam Gentlemen, Koopa Kingdom, Evil Imagination Land, Mini-Titans Turn 8 complete. Still need Turn 8 from the Isoceleans, but we will forge on. I hope everyone will think a bit about their strategy over the holidays.

Highlights of turn 8 include:
A side has a Level 5 and two Level 4 cities.
A side popped a warlord and a caster this turn.
A side has 43 units in 1 hex.
The best find in a ruins was a Hat of Speed +6.

Here's a map:
The Dragon Icons represent Wild Units that popped on Turn1.
The Elephant Icons represent Wild Units that popped on Turn4.
The Lion Icons represent Wild Units that popped on Turn8.
Light Blue and Turqouise lines in the south represent the limits of the Tower views.
Pink Lines in the southeast represent the line of travel for the three Rats.
There are many farms missing from the lands of the Isoceleans.
Farms are Grape Icons. Mines are Mine Icons. Ports are Anchor Icons. Lumber Mills are Maple Leaf Icons.Miscellaneous Icons should be labeled.
Please take a close look at the map and report anything that is inaccurate .
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6CKjN ... Q2MzcxOTUz
Same map. different link.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6CKjN ... k0MzE5ZGU3

Edit: Preview of the map is not working... again. You should still be able to download it.

Edit2: I will probably do Turn 9 of the Elder Gods on Tuesday, but then I leave for the Black Forest on Wednesday. I might be able to start working on everyone's Turn 9 on January 2. No matter what, I should be able to complete Turn 9 by Thursday, Jan. 5.

Edit3: If anyone has any general questions over the holidays, I should have some time to answer them. I am uploading the latest version of the rules. There are only a few minor changes. nothing that will affect the game already in progress.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6CKjN ... ZhM2NiOWIx

Edit 4: (Note: For future reference, if you have a warlord popping on the next round, be sure to ask me to pre-roll so you can know what is bing popped.)

Edit 5: One of the highlights for Turn 9 will be: A side popped a dollamancer able to cast spells from all schools.
Last edited by Twoy on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games