[Teaser] Erfworld: the Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

[Teaser] Erfworld: the Game

Postby depricated » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 am

As some of you may recall, there was talk several months ago of writing an Erfworld themed game.

Most of you, if not all, I'm sure, have given up hope since the discussion died down.

Well, have no fear, for I is here. A friend and I have been working steadily on this for a couple months - both of us coding noobs, mind you. About 15 minutes ago I finished writing a class which "polishes" this enough that I'm comfortable giving a teasing screenshot. BARE IN MIND that this is effectively the hyper-alpha version. This isn't even working, not even a little bit, yet. There's still a lot more to do, but a lot of the backend stuff is almost finished and ready for fresh input.

And so, without further ado, I present your first glimpse of Erfworld: the Game
Spoiler: show
depricated

Re: [Teaser] Erfworld: the Game

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

I appreciate that you guys are putting a lot of effort in -

but this is kinda like looking at primordial goop. One day soon it will become a single celled organism, but right now I can't identify it as anything, even under a microscope.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby depricated » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 am

What you see is a list of Available Games, Players Logged In, Channels You Are In, a Chat Panel, a TextBar for said chat, and a panel with the Map.
(in retrospect, it would probably help if I had connected and shown that)
What you don't see is the Host application which will manage the games.

Like I said, it's like hyper-alpha right now. I'll keep posting teasers as it comes along to something solid and playable. Some time next week I'll be posting the source code I've got so far so that others can work with it and help out. Right now the goal is to get two organisms that work together(Server and Client).

here we go
Spoiler: show
depricated

Postby Unclever title » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

It's nice see progress of any kind really, oh and Depricated, gotta say you dropped the ball here, that really should have been "HELLO ERFWORLD!" :mrgreen:
Unclever title
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby depricated » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Source will be available soon. My partner and I need to do some polishing, we'd like to get a few more things sorted out. The third guy who was supposed to be working on this with us did next to nothing so we're only 2/3 of where we had planned to be.

I'm going to go through and work on catching up the lost work, and then I'll release the source code.

I'm also going to go through and add detailed notes to everything.
depricated

Postby turbler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 am

there are multiple different people trying to pull this off, and I am grateful to you all :) Even though this might take a while, it'll be well worth the wait :D
turbler

Return to Your Games