You had me at Rock, Scissors, Paper, Lizard, Spock...
But then you took back the Spock! Never take back the Spock!
Anyway, I'm interested in your system, but I think it'll make it too complicated for my little brain. Please email me your spread to davergrounds AT yahoo dot com dot au
Let me have a look at it - I might get blown away!
But for now, let's stick with what we have and see what happens.
As to the rest, we have enough to play. I make it:
There's room for one or maybe two more - after that we need a bigger map, or a second game.
I have posted version 1.2 of the rules at my site visit HERE
The only major change to the rules is the amount of Schmuckers (as discussed above), and the Co-ordinates system for the hexes, when I worked out that the old way stank (like a pig or something).
You'll also find a nifty new map, and an updated spreadsheet.
Since we have 5 players, and the sixth will join up shortly, does anyone mind if we move up the start date by a week? Nope? Cool.
Taking some of Telva's advice above, we'll start with three cities. Have a read of the section "Beginning the Game" in your rules, or just here:
Beginning the Game
1. Indicate you want to play via this forum
2. Choose an Empire Name, Leader Name, Colour, etc.
3. Choose a location on the map for your capital – it cannot be within 3 hexes of another capital
4. Choose a location for a level 3 and a level 2 City. They must be adjacent to at least 1 other city of yours.
5. Choose and deploy six units within 2 hexes of your capital.
THIS IS TURN 0.
Cities and Units may not be built, nor cities upgraded this turn.
Unit upkeep must be paid.
Empires start with 0 schmuckers, but will earn 100 schmuckers at the start of the turn.
Each Empire may propose 1 A-Mancy for the others to rate before play begins on Monday Nov 2.
First in best served, so I choose to be first in, and thus best served.
Here’s my turn 0:
1. I want to play!
2. Empire: 28.35 Grams.
Leader: The Great and Powerful 28.35 Grams
3. Capital (28.35 Grams) A1.
4. Level 3 (MunichLand) B2. Level 2 (WhichVille) A2.
5. 2 Units of Infantry (Haymen) in A1. 1 Unit Infantry each in A2, B2, C3, A3.
Ending Schmuckers: 82
Effect: Empires with “Wizz-A-Mancy” gain +10% income each turn.
Fluff: The Great and Powerful 28.35 Grams is a real Wizz when it comes to making Schmuckers. His amazing inventions and spectacular trade shows really are Wonderful!
(Other Players have 1 week to rate this Proposal from 1 to 9.)
Here's what the map looks like after LTDave's Turn 0:
Who'll be next?