Disagreement of the Titans - Recruiting

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disagreement of the Titans - Recruiting

Postby Karadan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 am

Alright A.B.C. I'll get you set up. As for everyone else, sorry for no responses for a bit, but egg day has proven to be busy. On the bright side, I was also working on something that will help me keep track of treasury and unit popping, as well as battles when those start happening. My system for combat is a tiny bit complex (Or at least requires quite a few die rolls) so hopefully that'll prevent a slowdown once you start killing each oth... I mean getting into fights.

Edit: Keep an eye out for responses tomorrow afternoonish.
Karadan

Postby LTDave » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

Here in Oz it is already tomorrow afternoon.

Where's the update?
LTDave

Postby Karadan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:09 am

Silly ozzy and your... your time travel. But see, I win, because it was already tomorrow when I posted that, so it means the tomorrow after that.

Me:1, Time Traveling ozzy: 0

:P
Karadan

Postby Exate » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 pm

I'd forgotten how compulsive the "who is online" function of these forums can make one. And the ability to check when the last time that someone else was active was. The ambiguity of "tomorrow afternoonish" leads to frequent checking when one is at the computer, just in case...

...and there is Karadan. It's only a matter of time. Maybe minutes or seconds. He could be sending out messages even now.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Karadan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Yes, well, it was somewhat later than I expected thanks to DMV apparently meaning... umm... I don't know, but something that involves them taking about an hour and a half to perform a 2 minute process for license renewal.

Also, people will start seeing more concise turn reports. You will receive something like the following:

Turn # summary: ((This represents the turn that you have already given orders for))
((Here is where I will include information about results from the previous turn, such as the outcome of battles, diplomatic efforts, MK stuff, etc))

Turn # - ((This represents the turn that you are about to give orders for))
Treasury: xxxxx ((This is your treasury at the start of the turn before income. So far you have been getting treasury reports including income because it happens at dawn, but so you can keep an eye on how much you're making, that won't be included here. Essentially this will be identical to what you ended the last turn with.))
Income: xxxxx ((This is your income from all sources, added immediately to your treasury))
Pending Upkeep: xxxxx ((This is how much upkeep you are expected to have to pay at the end of the turn based on current units. This number includes units popped in the current turn, but can change based on units dying, or new units being gained through alternate methods))

Cities:
City Name (x,y #/#/#/# (special)) - queue (#) ((So, that's name, x/y location, city stats, city specials such as a harbor, whats in the queue, mystery number))
Garrisoned units

Forces:
Unit/force name - x,y location

That will be the general setup. I may add more things as things happen.

Still working on a couple of people, so if you haven't gotten a reply yet, you should be getting one shortly.
Karadan

Postby Jacior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Erm, I am new here and I just saw this. I was wondering if you were accepting people still. Because I have to say I am terribly interested. And curious.

Spoiler: show
Just in case you are, I am going to answer the questions. Seems pratical.
Quality
Sword
Magic
Attack
Earth
Air
Deal
Truth
Rich
Day
Cruel
Life
Strong
Low
Name: Micarus
Title: Lord
Music: Rock
Number: 6
Color: Orange
Food: Meat
Item: Sword
Comments: None
Are you ready? Are we ever really?
Jacior

Postby Karadan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:31 am

Yes, still accepting new people, though it will be a bit before I get you added in. I'm going to take a short hiatus from this, because I have to put my cat to sleep in about an hour, and I've had her since I was 9, and really can't get myself in the mood to respond properly to everyone's PMs.
Karadan

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 pm

I have returned. I don't think I'll send a PM this weekend, but come next week I'll get with the catching up.

And Karadan, my condolences.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Jacior » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:32 pm

I am so sorry, Karadan. I have had to put my dog down before. Take all the time you need.
Jacior

Postby Karadan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks all. I'm feeling much better now, and should be able to get replies out to people sometime tomorrow.
Karadan

Previous

Return to Your Games