Battle for Gobwin Bump V

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Battle for Gobwin Bump V

Postby MarbitChow » Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

For Chet (or "Checkers" to his friends), everything seems to move in slow-motion. Instincts took over when an enemy appeared in his field of view - before conscious thought, he was already charging. The Commander's words and intent echoed in his mind: "stick together". He assumed, probably incorrectly, that the intent applied to the rest of the troops, but the urge to use his sword overrode his common sense. He trusted that the pikers would hold melee units away from the archers and caster, should any appear. He also hoped that he would panic the enemy archers, and draw their fire away from the much squishier caster. He REALLY hoped that he'd live long enough to receive one of those heal spells if his cunning plan worked...

He inhaled deeply, and continued to sprint and scream.
MarbitChow

Postby A.B.C. » Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Can I take the Piker near the back? Because, if I can...

The Piker in the back's name is Derek. Derek's a cool guy. Like a really cool guy. If he had some shades, he'd be wearing them, but in an ironic way, because he's just really, really cool.

So he'll be hanging tight with the archers and watch as people go charging in. He knows he'll have to deal with these guys eventually, but there's no need to get all worked up over it. Take a chill pill! Derek's going to stay back, stay on guard...

...And be cool.
A.B.C.

Postby Swodaems » Wed May 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Let's see, with Chet currently barreling towards the enemy and the halbredier that was closest to him being used for cover by an archer, that means our wizard/healer no longer has an accessible meat shield standing directly in front of him.

Time to insure that he has adequate cover. DIVE-TACKLE OF PROTECTION. It's time to grind the face of the (presumedly) most vulnerable and valuable member of our team in the dirt while forcing him to assume a position where I can cover as much of him as possible with my flailing body.

Actually, I just going to stand in front of him and try to take up as much space as possible. Yeah, I may be blocking his magical attack for the phase, (or accidently running directly into it,) but it sets us up to do a touch healer/tank push if we have make our way to Chet's incapacitated form in the next phase.

Also, if possible, I do a check of my own for more enemies. I dont care if the helmet I'm wearing makes me the least observant member of the stack, I look around anyway.

OOC I have a few more questions: I'm assuming that Bland's look around command in his first reply was actually useful. Are we using a spot mechanic or not? How far away are those enemies from us in terms of travel time? Does our wizard have a limited juice supply or not? How many hits do I have? Am I the type of knight that can fly? What are the defense stats on Chess, the wizard, and the archers?
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Dramatis Personae:

Archer 1: (??) [n/a]
Archer 2: Number2 [HerbieRai]
Piker 1: Derek ("Cool Guy") [A.B.C.]
Piker 2: Ian Marius Stanley [BLANDCorporatio]
Piker 3: (??) [n/a]
Caster 1: (??) [The Colonel]
Knight 1: Alex [Swodaems]
Warrior 1: Chet ("Checkers") [MarbitChow]

2 slots still open, 1 (or 2) claimed characters whose names aren't clear. Correct?
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Wed May 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I will take the first archer- oddly enough, named Number1. Trusting in the swordsmen and halberdiers to draw fire, I will take aim and fire at the slightly closer enemy.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Thu May 03, 2012 2:11 am

Tim, raises his hand and tosses a blue dart at an enemy archer.
The Colonel

Postby LTDave » Thu May 03, 2012 3:56 am

OOC I have a few more questions: I'm assuming that Bland's look around command in his first reply was actually useful.

No, coincidental. He posted before I could post the next picture. *shakes fist*

Are we using a spot mechanic or not?

Sure, but how good can a dog be at fixing cars?
You'll be able to see everything that you can see.

How far away are those enemies from us in terms of travel time?

Close enough that they can be shot, and the Charging Warrior will reach them this turn (assuming he isn't shot to pieces first)

Does our wizard have a limited juice supply or not?

He isn't a Wizard, or an A-mancer. Erfworld Wizards/A-Mancers can't cast spells if it isn't their turn (depending on which comic you read last - I re-read TBfGB most recently - but that's a discussion for elsewhere).
He is a "Caster", and has some nature magic capabilities, just like the Altruist Elves, casting "heals".
No limit to his juice - but only one spell per phase.

How many hits do I have?

OOC, I don't know. How big are you? Healthy?
IC:10. 8 for everyone else.

Am I the type of knight that can fly?

There are Knights who can fly? Rocketman? Cool.
No.

What are the defense stats on Chess, the wizard, and the archers?

Chet is 4, the Caster and Archers are 2.

I have a whole thing prepared with all the stats and everything, just at home. I'll be doing a proper post in two and a bit hours.
LTDave

Postby five-thirteen » Thu May 03, 2012 4:04 am

Well, if no one's going to take that last piker, I'd like to

Piker 3 grips his weapon tightly, come on Avery, he tells himself, get it together. Avery steps forward and brandishes his halberd, ready to strike at the first enemy that comes within reach.
five-thirteen

Postby LTDave » Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 am

Events

Enemy X is alarmed to see a screaming Warrior coming directly towards him, and FIRES… Combat 2 Plus Random 2 Less Defence 4 means 0 Hits inflicted
Enemy Y is not as alarmed as X, but fires as well… Combat 2 Plus Random 2 Less Defence 4 means 0 Hits inflicted

Alex stands in front of the Caster, guarding him, and checking for any more enemies. None in sight.
Chet charges the opposing archers, screaming incoherently… Combat 2 Plus Random 6 Less Defence 2 means 6 Hits inflicted
Numma To takes cover and FIRES at the green looking enemy… Combat 2 Plus Random 2 Less Defence 2 means 2 Hits inflicted
Numma Wan FIRES at the slightly closer enemy… Combat 2 Plus Random 2 Less Defence 2 means 2 Hits inflicted
Tim tosses a blue dart at an enemy archer… Combat 2 Plus Random 3 Less Defence 2 means 3 Hits inflicted
Derek is hanging tight with the archers and watching.
Avery steps forward and brandishes his halberd.
Ian Marius Stanley ducks, then stands in front of Numma To.

Character Stats
Spoiler: show
Gobwin Bump V

Knight Alex (Swodaems) : Combat 4 , Defence 6 , Hits 10 /10 {Strike, Block, Piercing Blow}
Warrior Chet (MarbitChow} : Combat 4 , Defence 4 , Hits 8 /8 {Strike, Parry, Lunge}
Archer Numma To (HerbieRae) : Combat 2 , Defence 2 , Hits 8 /8 {Fire, Aim, Strike}
Archer Numma Wan (Exate) : Combat 2 , Defence 2 , Hits 8 /8 {Fire, Aim, Strike}
Blue Caster Tim (The Colonel) : Combat 2 , Defence 2 , Hits 8 /8 {Heal Minor Wounds, Zap!, Shock Dart}
Halberdier Derek (A.B.C.) : Combat 2 , Defence 4 , Hits 8 /8 {Strike, Swing, Lunge}
Halberdier Avery (five-thirteen) : Combat 2 , Defence 4 , Hits 8 /8 {Strike, Swing, Lunge}
Halberdier Ian Marius Stanley (BLANDCorporatio) : Combat 2 , Defence 4 , Hits 8 /8 {Strike, Swing, Lunge}
Last edited by LTDave on Thu May 03, 2012 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 am

Strike - the default melee mode. Halberdiers may Strike an opponent from the second rank.
Block - increase Defence by the value of Combat (may not be used twice in a row).
Piercing Blow - hit a precise weak spot - Combat ignores Defence value of opponent (may not be used twice in a row).
Parry - deflect one opponent's Strike for the phase (may not be used twice in a row).
Lunge - Combat is increased by value of Defence, but Defence is reduced to 0 for the phase (may not be used twice in a row).
Fire - the default ranged fire mode.
Aim - like piercing blow, except for ranged units (may not be used twice in a row).
Swing - Halberdiers gain +2 Combat if in contact with the target (may not be used twice in a row).
Heal Minor Wounds - restore 2 hits to target on touch (may not be used twice in a row).
Zap! - attack target on touch +2 to combat (may not be used twice in a row).
Shock Dart - attack target - ranged (may not be used twice in a row).
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Thu May 03, 2012 7:19 am

Numma to never felt so manly after damaging the enemy across the field. It was then that he noticed that he was, in fact, a she.

Numma to fell to her knees, raised her dainty fists in the air and screamed "NOOOOOO MY MANWICH!!!!!!!"

Numma to, filled with rage at the loss of her manhood, notches another arrow and fires again, while moveing closer to the enemy.
HerbieRai

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

Chet glances down at the arrows protruding from his armor. He laughs maniacally, knowing that the Titans have rendered him invulnerable, as he is completely unharmed. He cries "Citadel!" and strikes a Piercing Blow at the archer he has already wounded.

If his target remains standing, he will move to the side, so that his own archers and casters might have a clear shot still.
If the archer falls, and the other remains standing, he will move to the remaining archer's side, so that his archers and casters have a clear line of fire.
If both fall this turn, he will hustle back to the main group.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am

Derek, Avery, how bout we form a wall of pikes and push forward?

OOC: that means, move so as to be side by side and start advancing, haberds pointed at the enemy, towards the archers), and if aknowledged the halberdiers shall do so, it's the way they fight after all/OOC
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 am

Tim in a blaze of pryokinetic glory fires another blue dart at the closest enemy.
The Colonel

Postby five-thirteen » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Sounds like a good plan, Avery holds his pike forward, ready to move on your mark
five-thirteen

Postby Exate » Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Numma Wan will Fire another arrow, this one heading for the enemy who doesn't have cover from a friendly engaged in melee.
Exate

Postby A.B.C. » Thu May 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Hang tight: successful!

Derek, Avery, how bout we form a wall of pikes and push forward?

Derek can dig that. The bro'badier is hustling up with Ian and Avery and ready to seriously boop some archers up, on Ian's call.
A.B.C.

Postby LTDave » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 am

Just under five hours to end of turn Waiting on orders from Alex...

(And Tim (tee hee hee - just got it) might want to reconsider his dart...)
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 am

OOC: to be clear, I wanted the Bro-badier Charge to occur if/as soon as everyone was ok with it, to speed things up./OOC

So anyways, the Bro-badiers (I love this name and plan to use it often) form a wall of halberds ... ok, three halberds ... and charge at the archers ready to hack and slash.

Only two archers, a bit wounded right now ... charge may work. Usually Halberdiers aren't much use against masses of ranged units, mind.

OOC:

LTDave wrote:(And Tim (tee hee hee - just got it) might want to reconsider his dart...)

? Collins, mebbe?
/OOC
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Fri May 04, 2012 5:50 am

"you may call me... Tim."
Holy Grail. Classic.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games