Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Turn 10 - Dis City - Charlie's Turn

At dawn, the Archons break their fast, and land on the towers.

Any private conversations with the Archons may occur now.

I need orders for what units will be popping in Dis City this turn.

Can we pop siege ballista yet? Or will we need to wait for the new rules to take effect? We'll definately need some siege engines if we're to expand the side, and popping them sooner allows us to start moving them out faster. Units with higher move popped later can catch up.

If we can't pop siege ballista yet, I would like for Dis city to pop a heck pup on this turn and the next.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Although the new rules won't technically take effect until the start of the next turn (or, for that matter, until they're 'officially' published), I'll allow you to start popping siege units this turn.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Chop chop, we need to figure out what to do. Capture Armolad- do we start the operation now?

If not, then some creep hunt expeditions wouldn't be bad.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:10 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Although the new rules won't technically take effect until the start of the next turn (or, for that matter, until they're 'officially' published), I'll allow you to start popping siege units this turn.

Alright, then we'll pop siege ballista and send out the imps to scout for Armolad. We should be able to know if we want to go after her or not once we find out if she's alone.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm

The Imp finds Armolad 16 Hexes away from Dis City with 2 stacks of Faeries.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm

That means 16 fairies, right?

Well. Our fliers should make mincemeat of that ... if we send them all in.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

MarbitChow wrote:The Imp finds Armolad 16 Hexes away from Dis City with 2 stacks of Faeries.

Tod sighes and says "We can't hit her safely. Mission is a no-go."

Explaining his reasoning, "Aside from Cupid, the only unit we have with the amount of move required to enter that hex is the balrug. The Balrug could carry in 4 units in one go. My plan was to use it to carry in 12 over the course of the turn. Most of those 12 where unrequired for the capture itself, but were there as insurance against an attack on the elves' turn. The capture team itself was to consist of a brickbat swarm, a warlord (myself or Yuri), T. Coil, and Junetta."

"The reason we have to call of the attack now is because we cannot protect the balrug from the fire of 16 faeries and Armolad. Armolad alone was of little threat because we could use a brickbat swarm to soak up her fire while Junetta prepared to spaceout her and her mount. The additional faeries could blast their way thru a swarm or 2 with the sheer quantity of their attacks and drop the balrug, stranding the capture team in Armolad's hex, beyond hope of friendly rescue."
Swodaems

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm

What are the new movement rules though? If the Balrug's safety is the concern, then we can stop it one or a few hexes away from Armolad and deploy our troops there, right? In such a way that the deployed troops can then move on to strike at Armo.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:What are the new movement rules though? If the Balrug's safety is the concern, then we can stop it one or a few hexes away from Armolad and deploy our troops there, right? In such a way that the deployed troops can then move on to strike at Armo.
New movement rules are the same as the old movement rules: every time a unit passes through a Hex Barrier, their remaining Move decreases by 1, whether they're mounted or not. Mounts and Transports can carry units with 0 remaining move into new hexes, and units can switch mounts within a hex (riding the new mount and duplicating Parson's Dwagon Relay), but they cannot leave a hex under their own movement once they've moved 8 hexes (or whatever their maximum move is) by any means.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 am

wait, are the new Mount advancemets implemented at the start of our turn? If so we can have the Naughty Kitties all grab the Move Boost twice and be able to capture her that way
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:21 am

I think that question was already asked, and the answer was "no".
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 am

ETheBoyce wrote:wait, are the new Mount advancemets implemented at the start of our turn? If so we can have the Naughty Kitties all grab the Move Boost twice and be able to capture her that way
Nnelg is correct. New rules don't go into effect until after either Armolad was either captured or had escaped. I made an exception for units popping this turn as siege units, since that could not impact the resolution of the events from the previous scenario.
MarbitChow

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

So, it's too risky to go after Armolad now, meaning Coil doesn't have anything to look forward to this turn. Guess there's not much to do but get the royal guard back to the capital.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 pm

So, is it our turn now? It was never specified, but since it seems the Imps moved to spot Armolad, I'm assuming it is our turn now?

If it is, Vinny completes his first Steadycrow and comes just 1 Juice away from finishing a second.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Bill keeps the corpses in good condition, creating the rudiments of a filing system, allowing him to retrieve corpses quickly for raising purposes, occasionally striking up conversation with Rona.

OOC: So, what's the decision?
The Colonel

Previous

Return to Your Games