Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 pm

As I am not seeing anyone express interest in switching to Dollamancy, and because it seems like our group could actually benefit from having constructs to buff our front line, I'll be building (pun intended) Vinny Starcall as a Dollamancer.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I've updated the Draft version of the rules (the 1st post on the 1st page of the rules thread) with the following changes:

Added Whirlwind to 8th level Attack options.
Added Agility to Special Abilities section, to allow a dollamancer to make tiny golems that can run past enemies (although with only 6 squares of move per round).
Removed ability for Uncroaked and Constructs to purchase Dance Fighting. Uncroaked can still get it through the Croakamancer Thriller spell. (Yes, this is a nerf, but (a) I think it's more in the spirit of the comic and (b) you'll have more than enough humanoid dance fighting units.)
Updated heavy based on Exate's suggestion. Heavy units now gain additional Combat Stats upon purchasing, and for each level they achieve (as well as any retroactive stats they're entitled to based on level).

If characters choose to keep Heavy, please factor the new Combat Stats in accordingly.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:49 pm

Well, now I know what my 6th, 7th, and 9th ap will be spent on
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:14 am

So what's happening at Dis city? We MAKE OUR WAY BACK!
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 am

Nono, 1st you send an uncroaked through the portal to see if we're actually done with the ruins
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 am

Fine, what does my boy see?
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:45 am

Bill's uncroaked enters the portal and finds itself standing outside the in the Ruin Hex, directly in front of the entrance.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:08 am

MarbitChow wrote:From an optimization perspective, you may wish to spend at least 1 Combat Stat on defense, so that you could take -6 to defense (Reckless Assault + 2 Mighty Blow, for example).


I debated doing that, but decided to postpone buffing defense for the next level up.

Anyways. Did Will get the Bow? Or was that Cupid? Either option makes sense imo.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I debated doing that, but decided to postpone buffing defense for the next level up.

Anyways. Did Will get the Bow? Or was that Cupid? Either option makes sense imo.


Cupid was interested in the +2 defense ring , which, given your choice in the rebuild would be a good item for you too. So the Bow is yours ...if you want it.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 am

Ok, then I'll keep the bow.

I notice that Heavy looks mighty fine now. Double the CS each level, I suppose that is to compensate for losing the ability to ride a mount (which would also level, and get CS while doing so).

So essentially, the choice is between going Heavy, or finding a good quality mount ASAP. Here I have a question. It seems that mounts intercept "normal" attacks. What kind of attack would an Archer need to have, to strike at the rider? Can an Archer have such an attack?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am

OKAY! LETS DO THIS SHIT! GRAB ALL OUR STUFF AND GO BACK TO DIS CITY!

WILL, BE A MONGOLIAN LIGHT ARCHER! Get a fast 1*1 MOUNT AND FIRE AWAY!
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:21 am

Rolf reminds the group not to negelect the 2 bodies as they may be helpful in defending Dis City.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 am

The Colonel wrote:WILL, BE A MONGOLIAN LIGHT ARCHER! Get a fast 1*1 MOUNT AND FIRE AWAY!


OKAY!
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Rolf reminds the group not to negelect the 2 bodies as they may be helpful in defending Dis City.


I DID SAY ALL OUR STUFF! YES I AM EXITED!
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:It seems that mounts intercept "normal" attacks. What kind of attack would an Archer need to have, to strike at the rider? Can an Archer have such an attack?

Shockamancy would work. A Dollamancer of sufficiently high level can craft a bracer that grants limited charges of Hoboken.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 am

MarbitChow wrote:Removed ability for Uncroaked and Constructs to purchase Dance Fighting.

Awwwwww drat! I was REALLY excited to have dancing Scarecrows as my lesser golems :(
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:31 am

ah well, I still have bone warlord
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 am

MarbitChow wrote:Added Agility to Special Abilities section, to allow a dollamancer to make tiny golems that can run past enemies (although with only 6 squares of move per round).

Is this really even useful...? Is there a bonus for attacking while flanking? Cus as I see it, I'd be spending 1 AP AND nerfing my move...to gain a very weak ability.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am

0beron wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:Added Agility to Special Abilities section, to allow a dollamancer to make tiny golems that can run past enemies (although with only 6 squares of move per round).

Is this really even useful...? Is there a bonus for attacking while flanking? Cus as I see it, I'd be spending 1 AP AND nerfing my move...to gain a very weak ability.



I may be reading it wrong but isn't it that the Golems move is nerfed ( due to them being tiny) ? Your move would still be 8 although you're right in that you would have to spend the AP to get it.

Can the golems carry things ? Some sort of Firepots for instance ? We may be facing treants very soon.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah, I was saying "my" from the golems perspective. And yes, from a flavor perspective, it makes sense that tiny golems have less Move....but from a balance perspective it doesn't.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grand Diplomat and 2 guests