Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Swodaems wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote:A slight amendment: after Warding the group returning to our capital, I begin Warding all the PCs in Dis City, and then split my juice expenditure, 1/2 to warding regular units (start with heavies, then move down) and 1/2 to crafting healing potions.
Might I suggest that the 3 lvl 2 NPC leadership units take priority over the heavies? They have less health and def, and their loss would cause a significant drop in the stats of our surviving forces.


An excellent point - the NPC leaders get Wards first among the NPC units.
WaterMonkey314
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby The Colonel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 am

"Well then, let's modify the terrain the old fashioned way. Dollamancer!? A few spades please, preferably enough for my uncroaked to use."
The Colonel
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 am

Rolf mutters something under his breath "nmmpsh smm hmm umdmpdh gmphn tm dmphg rmph ymn grmph bmph " * and strides away to report back to Yuri, grimly chuckling



* Never seen the undead going to dig their own graves before
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:
Swodaems wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote:A slight amendment: after Warding the group returning to our capital, I begin Warding all the PCs in Dis City, and then split my juice expenditure, 1/2 to warding regular units (start with heavies, then move down) and 1/2 to crafting healing potions.
Might I suggest that the 3 lvl 2 NPC leadership units take priority over the heavies? They have less health and def, and their loss would cause a significant drop in the stats of our surviving forces.


An excellent point - the NPC leaders get Wards first among the NPC units.



OOC Have we worked out who gets the first mounts now we can pop them ? It might be as well to give them to the NPC leaders as they will be useful defence in battle and give them options to outrun some frontline threats. I know the mancers will want them but I doubt we'll have time to pop 5 unless Tod can bring some back./OOC
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 am

MarbitChow, What are the rules for getting off the battlements and out of the gate ? It's always been done offstage so far so no one really knows whats behind the gate. Considering most units have 8 move how many turns will we have to spend offstage to accomplish the distance ?
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 am

The Colonel wrote:"Well then, let's modify the terrain the old fashioned way. Dollamancer!? A few spades please, preferably enough for my uncroaked to use."

Would this work either Marbit...? I feel like Erfworld resets itself at dawn, and only a few kinds of Natural -mancy can make permanent changes...
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 am

MarbitChow wrote:Player Character Summary

Vinny : I count 5 cloaks (2 for you, 1 for Brick, 1 for Tod, 1 for Coil). You can have crafted 6 cloaks by the end of this turn (4 on the road, 2 this turn). Did I miss one? If not, let me know what the last one is, and who it goes to.
Tod: Your thinkagram only requires a unique identifier. Having the name is best, but if you can describe someone uniquely ("The Chief Caster of Side X" or "The Commander of the forces in hex Y"), that will also work. You can only target 1 person, however, and each use consumes a charge, obviously.

As an aside, now that you have a Dollamancer among the group, new rainments can be crafted, so if you want to alter your character's appearance, let me know. A couple of characters have already received make-overs (Cupid being the most recent), so now's the time to speak up if you want a new look.

Here are the revised player characters:
Spoiler: show
Image
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 4, 53xp}
[ 21 Combat / 16(+2) Defense / 32 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack, Rage.]
Special: Heavy, Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Block, Interpose, Co-ordinate
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Potion of Healing Ward
    Armor of Eckrich : Defense +2. Mighty Blow, Interpose, and Coordinate penalties are halved

Image
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 4, 53xp}
[ 32(+2) Combat / 9 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire, Quick-Shot.]
Special: Well Armed, Well protected, Heavy
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Hazardous Bow of the Duke : Combat +2
    Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)

Image
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 4, 54xp}
[ 20 Combat / 13(+2) Defense / 20 Hits / 12 {18} Move. Fire, Quick-Shot.]
Special: Fly, Heavy
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Ring of Defense +2
    Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)

Image
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 4, 54xp}
[ 14(+2) Combat / 18 Defense / 35 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack, Rage.]
Special: Heavy, Leadership
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Ring of Combat +2
    Potion of Healing Ward


Image
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 4, 55xp}
[ 10(+3) Combat / 1 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. 32 Juice ]
Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken, TooGeeWonCee, Ickypron)
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Staff of Locockus : Combat +2
    Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack
    Ring: +1 Combat
    Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
    Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2
    Scroll: Revitalize
    Scroll: Renew

Image
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 4, 56xp}
[ 5 Combat / 3 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. 47(+8) Juice. Fire, Quick-shot.]
Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer, Uncroak, Pall Raiser, Bone Warlord)
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Scroll: Revitalize
    Scroll: Renew
    Scroll: Lucky Streak
    Scroll: Regenerate
    Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2

Image
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 4, 58xp}
2 AP Banked.
[ 9 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike, Lunge.]
Specials: Leadership, Improved Leadership
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Ring: +1 Defense
    Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken
    Talkie Bracer : Thinkagram 2x/day; +1 Effective Level for Leadership purposes
    (ARTIFACT) Crown of Darkness
    Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
    Gem: 25000 Shmuckers
    Gem: 5000 Shmuckers
    Gem: 2000 Shmuckers

Image
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 4, 56xp}
[ 6 Combat / 4 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 35 Juice. Fire, Quick-shot.]
Special: Healomancy (Revitalize; Renew; Minor Ward; Ward)
Effects: (Ward-16)
Equipment:
    Staff of Er : Allows caster to cast a 2nd Healmancy spell in the same turn. Casting cost of the 2nd spell is doubled.
    Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)

Image
Vinny Starcall (0beron) : Caster {Lvl 1, 0xp}
[ 3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 8 Juice. Fire.]
Special: Dollamancer (Craft Cloak)
Effects: none
Equipment:
    Stewart’s Rod : Max Juice +8.
    Cloak : Negate Fire (worn)
    Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken
    Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack

Image
Brick Wall (Lord of Monies) : Warrior {Lvl 1, 0xp}
[ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard, Beefy
Effects: none
Equipment:
    Cloak : Negate Attack/Strike
Let me know if you see any errors.



No errors in anything there but the potions add up to 4 x Renew, 4x Restore + 2x Healing ward.
But I'm thinking we should have 5 Restore as we got 1 for the golems, 3 for the Marits and 3 for the Dagron but only used 2 for Bill's zerg, didn't we ? ... leaving us 5. Or did you rule Bill drunk the potion he was passed ?
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:MarbitChow, What are the rules for getting off the battlements and out of the gate ? It's always been done offstage so far so no one really knows whats behind the gate. Considering most units have 8 move how many turns will we have to spend offstage to accomplish the distance ?

I'll go into more details this evening, but in general, it's 1 square to go down a level (ladders on the map) and 2 squares to go up. I have a map of the interior behind the gate available that I can publish this evening that should make things clear.

0beron wrote:
The Colonel wrote:"Well then, let's modify the terrain the old fashioned way. Dollamancer!? A few spades please, preferably enough for my uncroaked to use."

Would this work either Marbit...? I feel like Erfworld resets itself at dawn, and only a few kinds of Natural -mancy can make permanent changes...

This isn't going to work either. The terrain will repair itself on your turn. If you're really set on attempting it, you should probably wait until the turn you think they're going to attack.

Werebiscuit wrote:No errors in anything there but the potions add up to 4 x Renew, 4x Restore + 2x Healing ward.
But I'm thinking we should have 5 Restore as we got 1 for the golems, 3 for the Marits and 3 for the Dagron but only used 2 for Bill's zerg, didn't we ? ... leaving us 5. Or did you rule Bill drunk the potion he was passed ?

Bill did not drink the potion that was passed. I'll double-check the results this evening and add an additional potion back in if it that's the case.

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Have we worked out who gets the first mounts now we can pop them ?

You may want to wait until your Chief Warlord decides what to pop before you allocate how mounts are allocated. :D ("Don't assign your mounts before they're popped" seems like an appropriate Erfworld phrase...)

(Edit:) Also note that there are two different mounts currently available. One mount is already listed in the Beastiary (the section is at the end of the updated rules). The crown grants the flying mount whose stats are not available until you pop them. Popping a Naughty Kitty at Dis City currently would require 2 turns. If Tenebris is updated to Level 5, it can pop 2 a turn.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Is it too late to ask for a Cloak, those things appear very useful.

What other items might the good Dollamancer produce?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Bill did not drink the potion that was passed. I'll double-check the results this evening and add an additional potion back in if it that's the case.

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Have we worked out who gets the first mounts now we can pop them ?

You may want to wait until your Chief Warlord decides what to pop before you allocate how mounts are allocated. :D ("Don't assign your mounts before they're popped" seems like an appropriate Erfworld phrase...)

(Edit:) Also note that there are two different mounts currently available. One mount is already listed in the Beastiary (the section is at the end of the updated rules). The crown grants the flying mount whose stats are not available until you pop them. Popping a Naughty Kitty at Dis City currently would require 2 turns. If Tenebris is updated to Level 5, it can pop 2 a turn.


To save all the back checking about what we got where and how much was used up. I just realized that both Triage and T.Coil could have passed Bill a juice potion meaning we had 2 then. If Bill didn't drink and we got 3 from the Dagron then we SHOULD have 5.

Wasn't trying to second guess Swodaems, I just know the mancers will be clamouring for the mobility and defence (hit shield too) provided by a mount. The only problem is if they pop in Tenebris we have to transport the mounts here. We have 6 characters mount capable (4 mancers, Tod and Brick) and a host of NPC,s 3 of whom we want to protect, DESPERATELY. We're talking about 5 turns popping to fulfil them all and that's if we upgrade and start NOW ! I doubt we'll have 5 turns to pop (and probably 7 turns to get them here) so I think we need to think about how we prioritize them. Just asking if Swodaems has given it any thought.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Is it too late to ask for a Cloak, those things appear very useful.
I believe I have an Attack Cloak still unclaimed? If I'm wrong, or you want a different kind, you need to wait until the next turn.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:What other items might the good Dollamancer produce?

Unfortunately that is all I can produce at present. I assume I can craft non-magical tools and items, such as the shovels that could be used to create those "1-turn-duration-uncroaked-mines".
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Just to note Rolf will ask Vinny for a Hiya negating cloak, when our Dollamancer has the time
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

0beron wrote:If I'm wrong, or you want a different kind, you need to wait until the next turn.


Attack cloak it is then. Soon enough, Will's combat shall reach the hundreds! Mwahahaha!!1123
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:54 pm

While I am low level and a mount would be nice to soak some hits, I'm not a high priority to get mounted. I'd say get the important NPCs mounted first and casters next. They've done well enough without mounts, and that's before getting extra units like myself in so it's my thought that they can go a bit longer without.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
User avatar
Lord of Monies
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Deleted
Last edited by 0beron on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Item inventory is ultimately my responsibility to track, and actually isn't official until I bless it anyway, so I've created a reference page where officially blessed data resides (link in signature).

Edit: Added attack cloak to William's character.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I am posting in the Reference Thread with a post that I will edit as my my official acknowledgement of item-crafting requests. They aren't actually MADE until Marbit blesses them like any other item, but I need a way to track the requests in a place that won't move.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Exate » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm

We should really get cloaks- I'm thinking against Fire- for all our units with Leadership. Magic-negating would be more handy in the event that we come up against casters, but casters are rare and I don't think that the elves consider us a large enough threat yet to deploy more casters against us, so being sniped is a greater danger.


MarbitChow, does the lack of results (or indeed acknowledgement) from Yuri's dedicated insistence on training and drill imply that there will never be any results from such, or have you just not gotten around to thinking on training rules? In erfworld it seems like a very slow but effective way of gaining experience.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:43 am

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Exate wrote:MarbitChow, does the lack of results (or indeed acknowledgement) from Yuri's dedicated insistence on training and drill imply that there will never be any results from such, or have you just not gotten around to thinking on training rules? In erfworld it seems like a very slow but effective way of gaining experience.

I hadn't given it much thought, and honestly had assumed that it was primarily written for flavor initially. I just revised the rules to eliminate all non-combat forms of XP, and also explicitly eliminated fractional XP, so my inclination is to only reward XP for fighting at this stage. However, filling your character's lives with things that they're doing during down-time is still a valid way to (potentially) earn role-playing xp.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Lord of Monies wrote:While I am low level and a mount would be nice to soak some hits, I'm not a high priority to get mounted. I'd say get the important NPCs mounted first and casters next. They've done well enough without mounts, and that's before getting extra units like myself in so it's my thought that they can go a bit longer without.


Rolf intends to speak to Coil when he returns ( OOC as I see from Marbits reference thread that ETheBoyce now has 3 potions and 2 items plus a cloak and a couple of scrolls and assume Rolf would know this /OOC) to see if he can prevail on Coil to give a renew potion to Brick and a renew scroll to Vinny for the upcoming battle. From Rolf 's point of view the renew scroll is worth more than the possible restore potion given that he thinks Vinny won't be doing a lot of cloak creation in the midst of battle.

In telling Brick this, Rolf also imparts "You intend guarding the casters in the coming battle Brick ? They will probably be on the walls. Wouldn't you be coming under arrow fire more than swordstroke ? As such, don't you think an arrow negating cloak might be useful?"
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: thlawrence and 1 guest