Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:30 pm

"If we're defending, then I'd think there would be archers and pikers of our own to screen the casters. I'll keep the attack cloak, in case any flyers land or climbers scale the wall."

Also, I thought only other casters can use scrolls, or am I mistaken on that part?
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:53 pm

" Indeed only other casters can use scrolls, that's why I intend asking for the renew...potion... for you and the scroll for Vinny." *chuckles* "Or would you rather I not intervened on your behalf ? " As he goes to walk off, he turns " Oh, I didn't mean you to dispose of the current cloak, only that a choice would be better. I see Vinny has given himself the option. Why not you ?"
Werebiscuit

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

"Sorry, I must have misheard you. I thought you said give me the scroll. You can understand my confusion. I'm glad for your intervention, though. Hopefully the difference will be a big one." Brick smiles as Rolf walks away, then listens to the suggestion he offers. "Maybe so, but if none of the casters have a cloak of their own, it would be better if they took the archery cloak. It has the benefit of not having to predict when an arrow might hit them, whereas I might. Maintain their health through safety. That's my belief."

((OOC: oh my god I can't believe I just made a character who advocates health and safety. Ha ha)
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 am

After his duties for Yuri, Rolf goes to find Vinny to tell him of his plan.
"My thanks for agreeing to make a fine cloak for me. I will ask Coil for a renew scroll not merely to show my gratitude but to give you some protection that I cannot provide while I am on the front lines. I would have asked for a restore potion but felt the scoll will be of more battlefield use. I would also ask that you also consider making an arrowfire cloak for Brick.

I am afraid I know naught much of the mancies so I would ask you what else can you do to help turn the tide of battle our way ?
If you have a mind to it I am going to the library to see what I can learn of the elves tactics and disposition. I hope I will find some of their mancers mentioned being such a long lived race (OOC they still are long-lived in erfworld aren't they ? /OOC)
"
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 am

Where's Swodemas?

"Can we drop uncroaked in the middle of their formations?"
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:05 am

The Colonel wrote:Where's Swodemas?

"Can we drop uncroaked in the middle of their formations?"

Cupid probably can but it depends on if he considers the penalty for carrying worth it (plus their chance to croak from the fall). Or did you mean the catapults dropping uncroaked in their midst ? Again probably not without a falling penalty.
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:15 am

Howbout corpses?
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 am

MarbitChow wrote:At the start of the turn, the branches and twigs depop along with the rest of the garbage. (OOC: Using the environment against attackers is predominantly the domain of Dirtamancy, which you do not have access to currently. I'll be actively subverting attempts to introduce warfare 'enhancements' outside of that which is currently defined in the rules. Your characters aren't from Earth, and don't have access to the long line of Earth warfare history that you as players do.)

OOC Marbit I have a couple of ideas that are 'Parson-like' and either exploit the rules or subvert them but given your OOC statement I'm not sure whether I should bring them up /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 am

The Colonel wrote:Howbout corpses?

This was one of them, corpses from catapults which gets round the falling mechanic....apparently the colonel had the same idea.
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:38 am

PArson doesn't really exploit the rules as much as view them in a different way
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Vinny won't be doing a lot of cloak creation in the midst of battle.

That is correct, the only thing I'd do in battle is spend Juice to keep my own Cloak charged (Cloaks normally only have a singe charge and then they dust, but I can expend juice to maintain just the one I'm wearing)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Marbit I have a couple of ideas that are 'Parson-like' and either exploit the rules or subvert them but given your OOC statement I'm not sure whether I should bring them up /OOC

Don't take my statement as discouragement. Please, continue to actively attempt to exploit and subvert. My statement was made to clarify my position so that you guys understand where I'm coming from. I'm stating outright that I'm going to actively undermine you, not that I'm forbidding you to try. :D

Fun is ultimately the name of the game. Some people don't have fun when they think that the GM is arbitrarily shooting down their ideas. Others consider it a challenge. I'm going to forbid the attempts that I (arbitrarily) determine don't fit within the spirit of Erfworld, but if something is within the rules, I'll allow it and just change the rules later if I think it's too much. (See perma-stun for an example; dance-fighting zombies led by Tod instead of Bill for another.) Note that Ansom used the Leadership/Foolamancy/Dance Fighting exploit "within the rules" in Book 1; creative combos will be allowed.

Also, responses are going to be somewhat slow this week. I'm on a customer's site, and the hotel wifi sucks, so I won't be checking in and responding as frequently as I normally do.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

MarbitChow wrote:Don't take my statement as discouragement. Please, continue to actively attempt to exploit and subvert. My statement was made to clarify my position so that you guys understand where I'm coming from. I'm stating outright that I'm going to actively undermine you, not that I'm forbidding you to try. :D

OK, in that case Rolf will seek out Bill to discuss catapulting corpses and also look to see if he can find a supply of sacks or large boxes. For an attempt to 'crowd control' the elven forces.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 am

Overhearing this, Vinny perks up. "Whats this? Building things?" And scurries after them, volunteering that he could craft such things if they can find the raw materials of wood, metal, and burlap.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 am

Bill's response is "THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!"
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 am

Werebiscuit wrote:After his duties for Yuri, Rolf goes to find Vinny to tell him of his plan.
"My thanks for agreeing to make a fine cloak for me. I will ask Coil for a renew scroll not merely to show my gratitude but to give you some protection that I cannot provide while I am on the front lines. I would have asked for a restore potion but felt the scoll will be of more battlefield use. I would also ask that you also consider making an arrowfire cloak for Brick.

I am afraid I know naught much of the mancies so I would ask you what else can you do to help turn the tide of battle our way ?
If you have a mind to it I am going to the library to see what I can learn of the elves tactics and disposition. I hope I will find some of their mancers mentioned being such a long lived race (OOC they still are long-lived in erfworld aren't they ? /OOC)
"

Oh whoops I totally missed a huge chunk of posts and never responded to this! Marbit, I notice the Renew Juice scroll is for 20...how would this work in my case? I currently have a max of 16...would I be able to make use of the full 20 if I use it in the middle of making a cloak or something?
I must admit that at present I only have the prowess to produce these cloaks, and to protect myself more efficiently with them. I can also put things together from what would otherwise be useless raw materials, if we can find some. If I can get some wood, metal, burlap, and perhaps a farm animal, I could craft these boxes and sacks you would like."
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

0beron wrote:Marbit, I notice the Renew Juice scroll is for 20...how would this work in my case? I currently have a max of 16...would I be able to make use of the full 20 if I use it in the middle of making a cloak or something?
It's a potion, not a scroll, and you'd only be able to get 16 out of it; you can't exceed your max.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 am

...would I get more out of it if I used that scroll he has? Cus he has one of those too right...?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 am

DON'T WASTE THE POTION!
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 am

0beron wrote:...would I get more out of it if I used that scroll he has? Cus he has one of those too right...?

OOC As far as I'm aware the Renew scroll renews 16 hits not 16 juice. We have a restore juice Potion which restores 20 juice. Our scrolls only renew hits . If you dont have 16 hits you could get a revitalize scroll instead which only restores 8 hits. However as Rolf considered hits are more important to you than juce in a fight, apart from powering your cloak. The scroll is a failsafe in Rolfs opinion to be used to stop you hitting -ve hits, if Triage can't keep you in sight or has other priority targets..or worse still no juice left./OOC

"In that case," says Rolf,"come, we'll find Bill and the materials you need and I'll explain what they are for along the way."

Rolf explains that they will fill most of the sacks with earth and two or three with a corpse. We'll lay out the earth filled ones in groups on the battlefield in areas we want to deny the elves or around areas we want to herd them into. The three with corpses will be the ones nearest the elves that Bill will animate first. Hopefully that will make the elves wary of going near the rest and thus allow us to direct their movment.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games