Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Exate wrote:The new mounts make me wonder how a Heavy without Flight can get their hands on it... and on a higher overland move rate.

Right now, only by riding a Balrug (very risky in combat) or from a Level 8 Dollamancer's jetpack. :D

Exate wrote:Actually, the Crown of Darkness units in general seem to me like they're a bit better than the ones that we can pop natively.

I think the Dark Archon trumps the Bone Dagron, personally, but yes, artifacts are supposed to be very powerful.

Edit: Note that the 7 initial pts. from Heavy are NOT already factored into the Dark Archon stats. Each one can customize its stats after learning what special it is popped with.

I've updated the reference to include a quick reference for city unit popping.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

MarbitChow wrote:..or from a Level 8 Dollamancer's jetpack. :D

Which I'm already gonna warn you ain't happening, cus Vinny is a Golem boy, not an item machine.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Tod and the King speak to Junetta about whether the elves would ransom her, and if so, how much she would be worth. She states that the elves are probably already heading here to crush this side from existence, so she doubts that any ransom would be offered.
Did she have nothing to add about Zoltarus? I follow the Zoltarus question with a couple questions about Breatheaira's doll and shock amancers. I'll also talk to Wandereus to see if he is more forthcoming than Junetta when it comes to ransom information.

MarbitChow wrote:Naughty Kitty : [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount. 8 UP (3)]
I ask that the King choose to pop 2 of these with his first night of level 5 production. I have slow casters to protect and putting them on these is an easy way to do it.

MarbitChow wrote:Tenebris gains 1000 shmuckers!
(Tod and the King become immediately aware of the details of the contract, the alliance with Charlie, and the fact that there are 3 archons in Dis City.)

I turn to Creperum and say, "I'm unsure if we looking at malice or stupidity here. Charlie has taken pains to directly contact the force at Dis despite the fact that you used his services to contact me when we took the city. That means he either hasn't made the required logical connections that would tell him you control Dis or he intentionally made a deal with a subordinate despite having access to his master." (The thinkagram was between me and Creperum and did not mention the city's name. It did, however, contain the names of Wandereus, Junetta, Yuri, Rolf, T. Coil and Cupid.)

"The contract Yuri signed isn't too bad. If need be, I think I may be able to convince Charlie to agree to declare it void and renegotiate a new one by pointing out a few underdefined areas that could work to our advantage. My liege, did you have any dealings with Charlie during your mercenary days that may affect the relationship between us and him?"
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Triage watches the Archons land and promptly hides in one of T. Coil's dungeons out of pure, unadulterated suspicion of Charlie (complete with fake chains and whatnot to appear like a prisoner). He avoids the Archons like the plague, continuing to ward units and craft scrolls in secret.

"Healomancer? What Healomancer?"
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Swodaems wrote:Did she have nothing to add about Zoltarus? I follow the Zoltarus question with a couple questions about Breatheaira's doll and shock amancers. I'll also talk to Wandereus to see if he is more forthcoming than Junetta when it comes to ransom information.

Junetta says that she's never met Zoltarus. She's heard the name mentioned a few times, but he hasn't been around for 100s of turns. She doesn't know where he went. As you are about to raise the question of the other casters, a scream echoes throughout the dungeon and Junetta immediately clams up and refuses to respond to you.

When you arrive at Wandereus, he has clearly been the subject of Coil's attention and remains completely silent.

Swodaems wrote:I ask that the King choose to pop 2 of these with his first night of level 5 production. I have slow casters to protect and putting them on these is an easy way to do it.
Consider it done.

Swodaems wrote:I turn to Creperum and say, "I'm unsure if we looking at malice or stupidity here. Charlie has taken pains to directly contact the force at Dis despite the fact that you used his services to contact me when we took the city. That means he either hasn't made the required logical connections that would tell him you control Dis or he intentionally made a deal with a subordinate despite having access to his master."

The King looks deeply concerned. "The fact that Charlie even tried this is most worrying. It should not have succeeded; only you and I have the authority to negotiate with other sides normally. It appears that my experiment with free-willed subjects is having some unintended consequences, but how could he even suspect...?"

Swodaems wrote:"The contract Yuri signed isn't too bad. If need be, I think I may be able to convince Charlie to agree to declare it void and renegotiate a new one by pointing out a few underdefined areas that could work to our advantage. My liege, did you have any dealings with Charlie during your mercenary days that may affect the relationship between us and him?"

"Do so. We intended to have you back at Dis City this turn regardless. Before you leave, however, I wanted to hear your thoughts. Since we seem to have gain an unexpected bonus thanks to Yuri, we might want to send Coil into the Magic Kingdom and obtain the services of a Turnamancer, and simply make Junetta, and perhaps Wandereus, our own a bit faster."
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:16 pm

I SUPPORT OUR KING'S NOTION!
The Colonel

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Reference Updated
I've added the current regular units to the Reference page. Some units still need their specials selected. Let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

T. Coil is a man for whom duty and pleasure often intertwine, at least now that he's not under a Green Thumb. Ruining Wanderus's day was quite a lovely example, and he could not await the proper time to inflict further pain upon him, for that was the nature of shockamancy; it's just about reducing hits it's about causing pain, suffering, and agony whether it be mental or physical in nature. Of course T. Coil also loved...LOVED causing physical pain and had thoroughly enjoyed his Combat with living units. Now however T. Coil wasn't quite sure which Duty called to him more, using his juice to help "convince" the two elves certainly seemed like a good idea, but the towers should be charged in case of attack, how annoying. Still the decision was ultimately an easy calculation, the prisoners would still be in the dungeons tomorrow unless the city was attacked and they were freed; as such it is to the walls that T. Coil would spend his juice.

After sprucing up their aerial defenses T. Coil would then go back to the dungeons to visit Junetta with the same basic plan as last turn. If she didn't immediately turn he would then find some way to make her scream, more than once perhaps, and then he would return to Wanderus who would incensed at hearing the screams of his love. He would then reiterate what he said the previous turn, but mention that even casters are replaceable, for instance they already have a new Shockamancer, a new Healamancer wouldn't be too surprising.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Still the decision was ultimately an easy calculation, the prisoners would still be in the dungeons tomorrow unless the city was attacked and they were freed; as such it is to the walls that T. Coil would spend his juice.

(OOC : Just a quick note, the defenses at Dis were upgraded this turn on the assumption that you burned all your juice on those towers. The towers there are fully charged with Energy, and you've started storing spells there. See the City reference for details. )
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Gah. Some people enjoy torture too much. An arrow tween the eyes, that's an honest way to take care of a problem.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 pm

(ooc:I meant charging up the towers of our capital for turn 6)
ETheBoyce

Postby Swodaems » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:"The contract Yuri signed isn't too bad. If need be, I think I may be able to convince Charlie to agree to declare it void and renegotiate a new one by pointing out a few underdefined areas that could work to our advantage. My liege, did you have any dealings with Charlie during your mercenary days that may affect the relationship between us and him?"

"Do so. We intended to have you back at Dis City this turn regardless. Before you leave, however, I wanted to hear your thoughts. Since we seem to have gain an unexpected bonus thanks to Yuri, we might want to send Coil into the Magic Kingdom and obtain the services of a Turnamancer, and simply make Junetta, and perhaps Wandereus, our own a bit faster."

"We should ask T. Coil to find out the cost of turning both of them versus turning one of them. If there is a significant difference between the two options, we might want to consider just getting one of them turned and using them to convince the other to do so."

"While T. Coil is in the Magic Kingdom, we should consider a few other tasks for him to do there: We could use a little more information about the Breathairia casters. T. Coil could ask any shockamancer friends he might have if they know anything about a new female shockamancer who has been around long enough that she could plausibly have been popped one turn after T. Coil went to Farkistan. If he takes Wandereus' sword, (covered in cloth to keep as few people from seeing it as possible,) we may be able to have someone in the Magic Kingdom identify its maker. He can also try and ask the predictamancers about Zoltarus Loquacious. Getting the names of several casters of various disiplines who are known as reliable hires would also be a good idea. Those names will allow you to use the crown's thinkamancy powers to let you talk to these people later without need for a go between." (When T. Coil goes, I give him a few suggestions about how he should act. First, if he is recognized by anyone, he is to claim he is still with Farkistan. Secondly, his story for asking about Zoltarus is that he has been curious ever since he was a caster for Breatheairia, but just hasn't gotten around to asking before. (No mention of us having the diary is to be made if possible. That would potentially connect T. Coil to the taking of Sunshine Dale.))
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:(ooc:I meant charging up the towers of our capital for turn 6)

Got it, but keep in mind that on Turn 6 you're supposed to return to Dis via the Balrug. If you want to charge the Capital instead of Dis, that's fine, but also note that the Capital doesn't currently have any casters that can use the towers.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:54 pm

T. Coil has received no such orders until such time as he actually receives them, so when he gets told to go to the Magic Kingdom is where his natural inclinations will stop.
ETheBoyce

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:T. Coil has received no such orders until such time as he actually receives them, so when he gets told to go to the Magic Kingdom is where his natural inclinations will stop.

Let's assume you've already received Tod's instructions for the Magic Kingdom. What do you do?
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Exate wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:Buffy, Faith, and Rona set down. Buffy takes Yuri's arm, and Faith clings to Rolf. Buffy says, "Now that we're friends, why don't you introduce us to the shockamancer who charged up these towers, the healamancer who warded you so well, and the dollamancer who made such fine cloaks? We've got plenty of time. It will be four turns before the elves get here."
The massive warlord quirks an eyebrow at Rolf and comments in a joking tone, "Rolf, negotiations done. Is breaking stack and enjoying time accompanying pretty girl, yes?" Though his tone does not change, he slams the force of an order behind three of his words. Faith's choice to stick herself to Rolf gave Yuri a perfect excuse to assign a unit with a sense of caution as her minder to stop her from running around loose and hopefully asking awkward questions, and while the other heavy might be no more comfortable with his Duty than Yuri, few were the units who got any choice in such things. He'd cope.

As he peels Faith from him and looks to Yuri he catches the quirked brow, Yuri was still worried, and still on that attack, his inner self told him but the joking tone ? that was warning enough. He'd never known his brother to be anything but serious so the shock of it stopped him with Faith at arms length.
"Of course, commander." he said nodding to give him time to come up with a plan. A charm offensive, he was not sure he was up to the task but a commission was a commission, nonetheless. "But we know how to treat a lady like a lady, in the ranks. Rolf, at your service miss .....?" Removing his helmet, giving a deep bow and flashing what he hoped was a welcoming smile as he pumped his biceps and offered Faith his arm " Ah...miss Faith. Have you come far ? It must be tiring all that flying... It makes me wonder what you could carry. Could you carry my heart to the heavens, perhaps ?" a disarming grin accompanied the inane line in the hopes that her defences would not notice the probing question. And so it began...
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

T. Coil, upon receiving orders to go to the Magic Kingdom will halt his current plans and travel to the Magic Kingdom. He is not exactly thrilled about the idea of a Turnamancer, he would prefer to do the Turning himself, but Duty is Duty. He will Approach any Turnamancers he has had prior friendly contact with first if there are none he will approach any that have a desirable reputation, seeking their prices for a short term contract for the turning of a Warlord and a Caster, or either one individually.
ETheBoyce

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:15 am

MarbitChow wrote:Reference Updated
I've added the current regular units to the Reference page. Some units still need their specials selected. Let me know if you see any mistakes.

Swodaems wrote:My idea for our warriors and spearmen. We give everyone dance-fighting and use 3 of the L2 warriors as leadership units. This allows us to create 3 +6/+6 stacks.

3X L2 Warrior 6 Combat / 6 Defense / 21 Hits Leadership, Dance-Fighting (gives a +2 leadership bonus, while still allowing stack to get the full +4/+4 from dance-fighting. Will be 12/12/21 with bonuses)

5X L2 Warrior 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits Heavy, Dance-fighting (17/17/21 powerhouses)

3X L1 Warrior 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits Interpose, Guard, Bodyguard, Dance-Fighting (11/11/14 bodyguards for the Leadership units, not sure if really needed.)

5X L1 Warrior 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits (choose 2 of beefy, well-protected, and well armed), Dance-Fighting. (Units with either [14/14/14],[14/11/22], or [11/14/22])

8X L1 Spearman 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits (choose 2 of beefy, well-protected, and well armed), Dance-Fighting. (Units with either [14/13/12],[14/10/20], or [11/13/20])

I'm pretty sure the archers were popped without spare AP. (At least 4 of them were. Don't know about the other 2.)

MarbitChow wrote:City Summary
Dis City (Level 3) : 4 UP
Regular Units:
Erick : Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy]
Colby : Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy]
Donovan : Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy]
Joe : Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy]
Zackary : Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy]

Ruben : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
Edgar : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
Salvador : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]

Casey : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Phillip : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Sergio : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Marvin : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Chris : Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed

Tony : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Jeffrey : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Devon : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Jonas : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Larry : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Jaydon : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Jimmy : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed
Brett : Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, *] Choose 2 : Beefy, Well-Protected, Well-Armed

Eduardo : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Brendan : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Terry : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Malik : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Darius : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Byron : Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]

Bert (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP } [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard]
Ernie (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP } [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard]

As well as the above I believe we should also have 3 level 2 leadership units in Dis city (see units bolded & underlined in Swodaems suggestions)
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:35 am

OOC Sorted ! Thanks Marbit ! Quick response much appreciated/ OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 am

OOC from our leadership units we will have 6 stacks ( Tod, Yuri, 3xlvl 2s and Bill- not a leadership but a croaked stack)
At the moment we have 5 Lvl 2's, 5 lvl1's 8 spearmen and 6 archers plus 5 bodyguards (6 if you count Brick). The bodyguards will go in separate stacks so we'll have 5 stacks including characters and units plus Bill's uncroaked. Some stacks are undersubscribed (Lvl 2s, lvl 1s and archers) even with a leader and a bodyguard assigned. So we should be popping some more level 1s and 2 archers at Dis in the meantime. We also need a couple of heavies to use the Ballistae

I'd suggest Tod takes the level 1's in any charge - to give them more defence. When we engage leadership stacks can be switched to maximise attack
One of our leadership units should get the archers and one the mancers. Leaving Yuri and the other leader, the spearmen and lvl 2's. Rolf should probably join the level 2 stack to fill it out ( Rolf +5 lvl 2s + leadership + Bodyguard = 8)
The problem is the Mancer stack...there are not enough body guards to give 3 leaders a bodyguard + 4 mancers a bodyguard and there is not enough room in the mancer stack for 4 mancers + 4 bodyguards + a leadershuip unit. should we be splitting our mancer stack ? /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games