Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Swodaems wrote:For now we should have Junetta and T. Coil check to see if there are any moneymancers out there willing to offer Tenebris a loan without collateral or who will let us still use the item while offering it up as collateral.

That's not going to happen.

Swodaems wrote:If that doesn't work, they'll move on to the pawn brokers.

Erfworld doesn't have pawn brokers. You could sell the item for really cheap, but there's no guarantee you'll ever get it back if you do.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah Swod...put politely, that plan is crap. And arguably of Parson's caliber anyway.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:10 pm

What is the significance of upgrading Dis to level 4?
WaterMonkey314

Postby The Colonel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:26 pm

More production and better defenses.

Though I don't think it's necessary.
The Colonel

Postby Exate » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:52 pm

While I am all in favor of get rich quick schemes, I don't think that one is likely to work. We do, however, have a wealth of casters at the moment- we might be able to sell one or more of their services/products in the Magic Kingdom for greater returns than their efforts can bring us working for our side directly. Really making that work would probably require some of the new-popped casters to spend their time there, though- although our newly-turned healomancer might have some contacts that we could use, or at least information.

I've been contemplating the feasibility of putting together a raiding group when our attackers are one turn out- hit them, kill some, hopefully uncroak some of the dead to kill more, then withdraw using Balrugs and/or mounts to get us to Dis City and heal overnight before the battle. I'm not sure we've got the force composition we'd need for it, but if we could take out even a few units before the battle proper, or at least get a solid look at their stats, that could be priceless.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:36 pm

I take it that Junetta and Wandereus have turned officially then? (Are their stats the same? Would they actually be willing to fight against their former side?) Incidentally, having an extra Healomancer could be quite interesting....
WaterMonkey314

Postby 0beron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm

As an aside, I recall talk of trying to invalidate/renegotiate Charlies Contract and I'm just curious as to why. Everything about it is beneficial to us. I think if Charlie has/had something planned, he wouldn't NEED the contract to do it. Plus I think we removed the most probable element of his plan by barring him from allying with the Elves for MANY turns after the contact ends. (Don't wanna detract from the "what units do we pop" debate...which is kind of my point, that the contract doesn't need to be revisited)

On the "what do we do with our plethora of casters?" debate, I'd not object to selling my service elsewhere for a bit. Vinny doesn't really have anything to offer in the strategy discussions, so it's just a question of whether Cloak making or cash is more important to us. Since I can also make Raiment for free, I assume my sold services could actually be worth more than just the cost of cloaks. But whatever, I will go where command decides I am most useful.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I take it that Junetta and Wandereus have turned officially then? (Are their stats the same? Would they actually be willing to fight against their former side?) Incidentally, having an extra Healomancer could be quite interesting....

If they have officially turned, then of course they will fight their former side. Turning is an "all or nothing" kind of thing, you can't have a unit who works like "well, I'm on your side...but there are certain orders I won't obey because of my old allegiances."
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:17 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I take it that Junetta and Wandereus have turned officially then? (Are their stats the same? Would they actually be willing to fight against their former side?) Incidentally, having an extra Healomancer could be quite interesting....

Yes, Junetta and Wandereus are officially Tenebrisian units. Their stats have not yet been updated to the 1.1 Rules, but I will do so before the fight begins. (Junetta's spells will probably remain unchanged, but Wandereus may pick up Dance Fighting.)

0beron wrote:If they have officially turned, then of course they will fight their former side. Turning is an "all or nothing" kind of thing, you can't have a unit who works like "well, I'm on your side...but there are certain orders I won't obey because of my old allegiances."

Note that they may still have low loyalty to begin with, but since you're not likely to leave them alone with the elves, they won't get a chance to turn back. How they are treated from this point forward will significantly impact their loyalty down the road. But they will obey all orders during the next combat; loyalty only comes into play in non-combat situations, mostly.

FYI : Replies and updates will be less frequent until probably after Thursday, since I'll be traveling on business until then.

Reminder: role-playing experience is available by interacting with both NPCs and other players in-character.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah I assumed the Loyalty would be an issue, we'll just have to make sure they don't have an opportunity to turn anytime soon.

After dutifully fulfilling the day's orders of Cloaks, Vinny occupies himself by wandering out of sight of the Archons, under orders to avoid communicating with them as much as possible. He tries to quell the plethora of questions or suggestions he has for his higher-level companions, grudgingly accepting that his talents have no use in planning the coming battle.
As he plays his one-sided game of cat and mouse with the Archons, he stumbles upon Junetta, absorbed in her own preparations by herself; following her orders but like Vinny, left out of the planning. *at last, someone to talk to!* Vinny thinks to himself.
"Hey there...it would seem our invites to the pow-wow got lost in the mail...fancy keeping one another company instead?"
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 am

Exate wrote: OOC I've been contemplating the feasibility of putting together a raiding group when our attackers are one turn out- hit them, kill some, hopefully uncroak some of the dead to kill more, then withdraw using Balrugs and/or mounts to get us to Dis City and heal overnight before the battle.

I had thought about that too but had discounted it on the grounds that we dont know of the movement or shooting abilities of the elven fliers. With 2 stacks of them we'd need more than 5 mounts, and 2 fliers to be able to hit and then retreat in safety. The Balrug is just too easy an opponent to take out and it then reduces or retreat to a crawl. I suppose we could take a squadron of the Dingbats, or whatever they're called, but I don't think they'd last the whole retreat. it's an option that we could possibly revisit if we can get a scout out to their location (or a hex away) when they're 2 days out. Maybe a sacrificial undead scout will be crucial.

[EDITED to note that the balrug would have the movment to drop a scout out of range and still have move left to avoid the column. If we can get the archons to pinpoint the column.] /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 am

0beron wrote:As he plays his one-sided game of cat and mouse with the Archons, he stumbles upon Junetta, absorbed in her own preparations by herself; following her orders but like Vinny, left out of the planning. *at last, someone to talk to!* Vinny thinks to himself.
"Hey there...it would seem our invites to the pow-wow got lost in the mail...fancy keeping one another company instead?"[/i]

OOC Arrgh... even the newbies are determined to get in on the "action". Tod is going to be even more hacked off that he missed out while away :lol:

BTW don't tell the troops but Tod wasn't upset that we'd let unknowns into Dis. No, he was upset that we'd already 'claimed' them /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

Sacrificial Undead scouts work. I've got a lovely bunch of zeds, sitting in row, big ones, little ones, ones as big as your head. Sacrifice them and replace them?
Last edited by The Colonel on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:30 am

BTW Marbit has Rolf had any joy from his probing ( oh, come on guys...concentrate :roll: ) of Faith ?

He is as much interested in what she cannot tell him about the surroundings, for example what directions does she NOT know of or does she know of the ruins (he will act surprised if she does know of them and claim they will be inspected after the battle), as he is interested in what she can tell him. Does she give away any hints about her homeland, such as direction (i.e. what direction does she look when Rolf asks her homeland questions), terrain (when Rolf is describing the beauty of the surroundings does she reply in kind to his questions about her homelands surroundings) or numbers ( Rolf will casually return to the subject of other archons and her position or rank amongst them until she starts to get jealous or suspicious of his questioning). He will also attempt to get details of the elves for the coming battle, especially asking her to speculate on the powers of the fliers and the unarmed women.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 am

Werebiscuit wrote:BTW Marbit has Rolf had any joy from his probing of Faith?

All questions about the elves, or about Faith's homeland, are met with variations of "I'm not at liberty to divulge that information." She doesn't seem to mind the questioning at all, and reacts playfully each time. She does ask whether your dollamancer is a Marbit at one point, saying that she heard rumors of an unallied Marbit caster around this region. When you press her for additional information, she shrugs and says that she doesn't know anything more than that, and she was just speculating that you might have picked him up. She acknowledges that it was a long shot, since the dollamancer has rumored to be around for 100s of turns.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:30 am

MarbitChow wrote:

She does ask whether your dollamancer is a Marbit at one point, saying that she heard rumors of an unallied Marbit caster around this region. She acknowledges that it was a long shot, since the dollamancer has rumored to be around for 100s of turns.

Rolf determines to ask Tod to search the ruin hex more closely...and discreetly...after the battle as there were marbits, and golems, and items. All signs of a marbit dollamancer. No sign of an actual dollamancer though but Rolf begins to wonder more about those 'structures'. He determines also to ask Bill more about them, specifically could dollamancy be involved. Those if verified with Dollamancy linked to the power of the items found all point to a seriously high level dollamancer being involved.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 am

0beron wrote:As an aside, I recall talk of trying to invalidate/renegotiate Charlies Contract and I'm just curious as to why.

OOC All you have to do is look at who's negotiating for Charlie and then think who'd do the 're-negotiation' for Tenebris and viola.

Jealous or what ? :lol: /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:31 am

MarbitChow wrote:

All questions about the elves, or about Faith's homeland, are met with variations of "I'm not at liberty to divulge that information." .

What about questions concerning the surroundings of Dis ? Can Rolf discern if the archons know about the ruins? Can he also determine if there are areas that the archons don't know of and what direction they lie in. That would give Rolf an idea about what direction the archons have come. Ok Faith avoids Rolf's questioning but were there any hints ? (as an example when talking of home people sometimes look wistfully homeward without being aware of it).

Rolf also will take time to find and question Wandreus about the elves capabilities. In a professional, soldier-like manner.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 am

Werebiscuit wrote: OOC Arrgh... even the newbies are determined to get in on the "action". Tod is going to be even more hacked off that he missed out while away :lol: /OOC

OCC now now, why assume the worst of Vinny? He's ACTUALLY curious to hear about the MK and magic in general, since all his caster superiors are too busy to pay him any mind beyond asking for cloaks.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 am

0beron wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote: OOC Arrgh... even the newbies are determined to get in on the "action". Tod is going to be even more hacked off that he missed out while away :lol: /OOC

OCC now now, why assume the worst of Vinny? He's ACTUALLY curious to hear about the MK and magic in general, since all his caster superiors are too busy to pay him any mind beyond asking for cloaks.

OOC Yeah, yeah...that's your story... you stick to it :P / joke

Wait ! I just caught that...are you saying Rolfs not superior ? :evil: * /OOC

* OOC That was also a jokel.. Neither I nor Rolf would take it that way. /OOC
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games