Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Swodaems » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:(Still likely to get 8 or 9 faeries out before they can fire.) ... We might be able to have Wandereus' dance archers move up to the tower top and shoot at the faeries before they can fire, ... (If any of the casters fails to down a target, could we have an archer fire on it before it could fire?
I need to correct one of your assumptions here. The only units can possibly down faeries before they can fire are Coil and the Archers. Any units that have to move before firing would allow a faerie to counter-fire at this point.

It's a moot point in this case, since other than Coil, no caster can currently drop a Faerie before it could fire.

The other casters aren't already on the tower tops?

I was operating under the assumption that my words in this post were taken as followed orders since no one thought of a different thing for these 5 units to be doing at phase 5.

Swodaems wrote:At phase 5, it is time for the 4 casters participating in the faerie fight (Bill, Junetta, Triage, Vinny) to get on the tower tops so they can be in position for the faeries' entrance (hopefully at phase 4). They should be able to take out 8 or 9 faeries before they can fire using delayed actions, even without archer help. If they stay out of RLOS of ground archers, they should have the bats to deal with the faeries. They'll also have their body guards following them to provide protection.)

The garrison warlord needs to get inside the building. He is just a target up on the roof.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Marbit before we lose another Phase can we have Wandreus order 3 garrison archers target SE06 and another 3 target SE07 ?

2 of the com 10 archer and one com 7 in each group please !
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Swodaems wrote:I was operating under the assumption that my words in this post were taken as followed orders since no one thought of a different thing for these 5 units to be doing at phase 5.
Sorry, I missed that, since it was mixed in with musings ("Thoughts so far") and questions. I'll ret-con it. In order make my job easier, can you to distinguish explicit orders and questions for me in bold, so it stands out from the rest of your text, in much the same way as it's done in BLAND's game?

Werebiscuit wrote:Marbit before we lose another Phase can we have Wandreus order 3 garrison archers target SE06 and another 3 target SE07? 2 of the com 10 archer and one com 7 in each group please !
Sure. Phase 4 for these actions, correct?
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Marbit before we lose another Phase can we have Wandreus order 3 garrison archers target SE06 and another 3 target SE07? 2 of the com 10 archer and one com 7 in each group please !
Sure. Phase 4 for these actions, correct?

it will have to be now since we're on phase 4.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:it will have to be now since we're on phase 4.
I'm retconning the casters onto the tower back in Phase 5; no reason why the archers couldn't shoot then, either, if you want them to.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
I'm retconning the casters onto the tower back in Phase 5; no reason why the archers couldn't shoot then, either, if you want them to.

I'd want them to.
Werebiscuit

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Triage, who is apparently retconned on the tower, IckyProns fairies 11, 12, and 13.
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Has William fired a shot yet?

If not, target some Gump that could reasonably be killed.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:42 am

So, I though my uncroaked were falling back? And, WHEN WILL WE OPEN FIRE?
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 am

The Colonel wrote:So, I though my uncroaked were falling back? And, WHEN WILL WE OPEN FIRE?

OOC Colonel according to this post on page 88 (see below) we can probably only ask for your uncroaked to move back and request you to open fire. As you control the stack you will probably have to post the fire or retreat orders...and since it was me doing the asking, it doesn't even have the weight of a commander behind it.
MarbitChow wrote:Quick reminder to all units leading a stack or a horde : direct leadership over units takes precedence over chief warlord leadership. You are able choose targets and actions for all units you are leading.

Werebiscuit wrote: This only really applies to Yuri and Bill....Exate and The Colonel take note !

I would like LU 2 to retreat to W15, LU3 to AA13 and LU1 to AE13. Your skeleton archers are requested to hold fire for the entry of elven archery but You ( Bill ) are requested to use 4 tower energy to Fire upon a Faerie ( Swod has you firing on two faeries but as they entered at com =4 I don't think you've got two actions this turn)
However you ( Colonel) still need to post those orders for Bill and his stack /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:09 am

Sir yes sir, doing just that.

LU 2, retreat to W15, LU3 to AA13 and LU1 to AE13. Skeleton archers hold fire for the entry of elven archery. And I, shall use 4 tower energy to Fire upon a Faerie
The Colonel

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:28 am

As Bill is level 4 he gets two Fire attacks per turn, at different targets so he can shoot 2 faeries!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 am

ETheBoyce wrote:As Bill is level 4 he gets two Fire attacks per turn, at different targets so he can shoot 2 faeries!

OOC Ah ..good to know. So I'm presuming that is 2 seperate faeries and not like Rolfs rage and 2 attacks directed against the same opponent ?
It's seeming that melee always get the short end of the stick...and sometimes the pointy bit. :evil:

Does that mean Tesla can Ickypron twice ? :shock:
/OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:13 am

Melee also have higher base stats and extra (an) AP to play with, also I imagine that anything that makes it into melee range of you is something you'll have to hit twice anyway; and I wish I could cast twice, but no it's fire actions only, it's Quickshot...or something
ETheBoyce

Postby The Colonel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 am

So, what do I draw from T. Coil's storage?
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:36 am

Since the casters are being retconned onto the towers, does the same apply to their bodyguards and the bats near Triage and Bill?

Werebiscuit wrote:Marbit before we lose another Phase can we have Wandreus order 3 garrison archers target SE06 and another 3 target SE07 ?

2 of the com 10 archer and one com 7 in each group please !

Werebiscuit wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:

I'd want them to.

Since that is happening on phase 5, I assume we can fire on the now unprotected gumptons 3 and 4 on phase 4. We need to do 76 to each gumpton to down it. Barring objections, I suggest we put Rolf and Yuri on one gumpton and Will and Cupid on the other. Yuri, William, and Rolf are just firing, but Rolf will be using mighty blow to boost his Com. We can have the remaining garrison archers and some of Bill's skele archers pitch in on phase 3 if either of the gumptons doesn't go down. Or maybe T. Coil, since he hasn't fired off his ickypron yet. (Assuming 21 def on the gumptons, we should see ~76 to Rolf's and Yuri's target and ~80 to Cupid's and Will's target.)

The Colonel wrote:So, what do I draw from T. Coil's storage?
Energy. You're hoarded with your uncroaked and have less com then Vinny because of it. This makes you a bad choice for triggering one of the 2 IckyPron spells or the 2G1C, but channeling energy could allow you down 2 of the Faeries before they can fire.

Vinny said he wants to target faeries 4,5,&6. Triage went after 11,12,&13. If Bill has no objections, he and Junetta will go after 7,8,9,&10. Bill uses 4 energy per fire action and Junetta uses 3. Hopefully the destruction of the center of the line causes the faeries at the ends of the formation to cluster up out of fear.
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

I have no issue with swodemas' orders.
The Colonel

Postby Exate » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am

Those orders are fine by me. I really wish our archers had support/coordinate, though... would make popping gumptions a lot easier.

On a tangentially related note, is it just me or is our side completely incapable of popping siege units? Apparently our options for assaults on cities are 'infantry swarm', 'air assault', and 'excessive Shockamancy'. No heavy bruisers bashing down walls for us.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Exate wrote:Those orders are fine by me. I really wish our archers had support/coordinate, though... would make popping gumptions a lot easier.

On a tangentially related note, is it just me or is our side completely incapable of popping siege units? Apparently our options for assaults on cities are 'infantry swarm', 'air assault', and 'excessive Shockamancy'. No heavy bruisers bashing down walls for us.

Heck Pups maybe? They do a def ignoring attack that might be decent against structures.

We did have 2 rams before when we took this city, but those were horrible to use because of how slow they moved.

Without decent seige, having archers attack units on the walls and then using Bill to create uncroaked using those corpses seems like the best option we have for assault.

Hopefully the next city we capture is a former Farkistan one. That way we can use it to pop gumps or gumptons.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Swodaems wrote:Since the casters are being retconned onto the towers, does the same apply to their bodyguards and the bats near Triage and Bill?
Yes, the bodyguards will follow, and I'll move BS-1 to the Right Tower as well.

Exate wrote:On a tangentially related note, is it just me or is our side completely incapable of popping siege units? Apparently our options for assaults on cities are 'infantry swarm', 'air assault', and 'excessive Shockamancy'. No heavy bruisers bashing down walls for us.
It's not just you. :D After this current scenario, and maybe one or two others, the next round of rules revisions will take place. My current checklist for that includes the following:

Healmancy revision (make it more useful - healamancy vs. Dollamancy/Shockamancy/Croakamancy is underpowered both during a conflict and between turns)
    Dollamancy revision
    Construct/Mount-specific abilities
    Siege Units (diggers, siege towers, siege defenses, etc.)
    New Non-caster abilities (unlock/lead new units, specialized leadership-type roles, etc.)

In addition, the following items are bouncing around in my head, and may or may not be included:
    Traps & Dirtamancy
    Expanded damage types (fire, cold, lightning, acid)
    Chief Caster ability / bonus
    Nets / Capturing units

Swodaems wrote:Hopefully the next city we capture is a former Farkistan one. That way we can use it to pop gumps or gumptons.
I'll probably be tweaking this as well. Gumps are going to remain Elf-specific units, but we can create a Tenebris variation of them. Elven and woodland-type units are going to remain perpetually hostile to the Forces of Darkness, but I want to include additional unlockable units for your side as the campaign progresses, in addition to the wide variety of units your Dollamancer is going to be able to create.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games