Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am

Actually I'm pretty sure they're waiting for me to show my face again, I blasted Gumps before they showed up last turn, but now they're all their...in position...waiting for me. That's why I want my mount to have leadership <_<
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am

ETheBoyce wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure they're waiting for me to show my face again, I blasted Gumps before they showed up last turn, but now they're all their...in position...waiting for me. That's why I want my mount to have leadership <_<

Again Agreed... If you wait till after phase 8 then they will have to delay further so you'll only have a max 16 shots rather than 32 (Remember there's 2 brickbats next to you that can take out 8 shots each) and we'll have had 2 shots at their archery to thin them out so I very much doubt there'll be 16 shots aimed at you. If you wait till phase 6 their archery may have some other 'distractions'.

Note though that I don't have any say over stacking or leadership decisions... so my agreement is moot on that point.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 am

Werebiscuit wrote:(Remember there's 2 brickbats next to you that can take out 8 shots each)
Note that there is currently only 1 Brickabat next to Coil, although the 'bats currently have a delayed action. There are 2 on the tower. If you desire, one of the two could move next to Coil.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 am

Well since Mount Move rules haven't changed it's only going to be one set of shots no matter what, but I would love an extra set of bats as between the 14 they can absorb, my fire cloak and having a mount/bodyguard I would survive the volley for sure, which would then open up their archers to counter fire as they would no longer be dodging

Edit: Also with simutaneous shots can we decide which arrows that bates/cloak take?
ETheBoyce

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:01 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:(Remember there's 2 brickbats next to you that can take out 8 shots each)
Note that there is currently only 1 Brickabat next to Coil, although the 'bats currently have a delayed action. There are 2 on the tower. If you desire, one of the two could move next to Coil.

Thanks Just spotted that. I had thought it was other way about from memory. What phase do brickabats normally move on ? Same as Altrustic elves ?
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 am

ETheBoyce wrote:Edit: Also with simutaneous shots can we decide which arrows that bates/cloak take?
No. Bats act first to negate the attack, then the mount will absorb hits until it croaks, then the cloak will negate.

Also note that you can't order the bats to "negate the first seven attacks". They're either negating attacks or they're not. If 7 attacks are launched in a phase, you can "turn them off" for the next phase, but if 9 attacks are launched at once, they either negate 8 of them or none of them.

Werebiscuit wrote:Thanks Just spotted that. I had thought it was other way about from memory What phase do brickabats normally move on ? Same as Altrustic elves ?
Normally 0, but the bats currently have a delayed move & action, so they can move at any time right now.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am

MarbitChow wrote:
ETheBoyce wrote:Edit: Also with simutaneous shots can we decide which arrows that bates/cloak take?
No. Bats act first to negate the attack, then the mount will absorb hits until it croaks, then the cloak will negate.

Bl**dy H*ll Tod ! We've 3 squadrons of Brickabats, a 56 hit mount with a possible 33 def and bodyguard protection. Why haven't you ordered Coil to stand on the walls and act as an arrow magnet ?!?! :shock: :twisted: [/jk}

T.Coil : [advances to the parapet] Puny Elves... your arrows mean nothing to me.

Armolad : Cursed, Coil ! Our archers are legion. Our arrows will blot out the sun !

T.Coil : Then my bolts shall light up the da...OW !
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:03 pm

When did that change? I coulda swore we had them only take 7 hits in the initial siege <_<
ETheBoyce

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:When did that change? I coulda swore we had them only take 7 hits in the initial siege <_<
(Here) is the 7-hit round; note that there were only 7 archers alive at the time.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Could we order the Bats to take turns? So if there are multiple attacks on one target that is between then, first one blocks, then the other takes the next shot, and so on?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Ah, well my question still remains, assuming I have 2 stacks of bats can I decide which arrows a stack blocks when the # of arrows is >8?
ETheBoyce

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Ah, well my question still remains, assuming I have 2 stacks of bats can I decide which arrows a stack blocks when the # of arrows is >8?
If there are two stacks, the stacks will alternate intercepting shots. Brickabats are not really intelligent, but they can coordinate between themselves. If the attacks don't all occur at the same time, you can order only one of the stacks to intercept on a given phase, but that's about it for level of control.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 pm

What I mean is this: I have one bat group with orders to intercept shots, the 16 archers fire on me at once; how are which shots get blocked determined?
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 pm

He already answered that. The "first" 8 will be taken by the bat, croaking it. Then your mount soaks up however many it'd take to croak it, and finally your cloak takes one shot. If any shots are left, then it starts cutting into your Ward and Hits.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

But which 8 are considered the first 8? How are those decided? My question remains unanswered.
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:30 pm

The same way it's always determined when multiple enemies attack you....I believe he's been doing them in numerical order, but I suppose it could be theoretically random. This is the case in basically any tabletop game, things that happen "all at once" have to technically be resolved in order. Why is this level of detail so important?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

...Combat modifiers, have you not been paying to the entire discussion on why Support/Coordinate are so dangerous?
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

If a bunch of units are firing at exactly the same time, they'll hit you at the same time. So the only plausible way to model it is to put the attacks in an arbitrary or numerical order (by unit name/number "archer 1, 2, 3, ect).
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 pm

I am trying to ascertain if that is, in fact, the order rather than just hoping for the best.
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Well so far, Marbit has done it in numerical order. For example, 6 Fairies fired at Vinny in retaliation for his Ickypron attack, and the order was FE01,02,03,14,15,16. I suppose that technically a random order would be most accurate, but given that units with the highest modifiers are sprinkled sporadically through the formation, going numerically has the same distribution that a random sample is likely to have.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games