Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:33 am

I say we kill the Gumps and then the leadership which means archers will autoengage non-allied targets, then we step back and let them shoot up the archons, the we get Uncroaked Archons.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 am

Fair enough, off gumps, off leadership. off archers.
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 am

ETheBoyce wrote:I say we kill the Gumps and then the leadership which means archers will autoengage non-allied targets, then we step back and let them shoot up the archons, the we get Uncroaked Archons.

But how does Yuri feel about this ? :twisted:
Rolf ?... he couldn't give a monkey's ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am

So Phase 10... We can look forward to the Elven archers having +6 combat and the gumps having an 18 def ( I trust Armolad cannot boost that since she's vacated the hex) We had better have our garrison archers take out the other 2nd level elves then. 1 per each archer of EE01, EE05, EE06, & EE08. They're com 19 vs def 12 so should do 2d6 +7 that leaves 3 to take on other targets one of whom should be "that gump". He will do a minimum of 3 damage with the worst possibe "snake eyes" roll.... shake your butt at that, gump :mrgreen:
The skellies can also fire on turn 10 and again should target the 4 2nd level elves at 1 skellie per target of EE01, EE05, EE06, & EE08 doing 2d6+2

So we should have 5 skellies and 2 garrison archers fire at the 1st level elves with the garrison targeting one each of the worst wounded and the skellies doubling up on the other 2 wounded. the 9th skellie should hold his fire till round 9 to pick off any wounded.

We can expect four 17com bowshots in return, which with our lowest def of 15 might blow a ward or two but not much more unless they can support & co-ordinate ( I highly doubt it since we have decimated them) in which case we're in danger of losing 1 or 2 more zeds.

Phase 9 our remaining held skellie picks the worst wounded target. Elves cannot move

Phase 8 Elves have no held bowshots. So Coil might as well stun gumps 3 5 & 6. What a pity Armolad bugged out as we only have to stun 5 & 6 since 3 will be getting dealt with in round 6

Phase 7 The Elves fire some bowshots (probably 4 archers left at this point) most likely at Coil. Our remaining level 1 archers pair up to remove elf archery as a threat...
Oh yes... the gates open and tod can shout "Release the heck pups !" (personally I prefer "Let slip the dogs of war !" ) The heck pups rush to pre-determined positions and do 3 x 13+3d6 damage to gump 2 plus another 11+d6 from Hp04 Thats a guarenteed 50 + 4d6 which will leave him looking much like gump 1.

Phase 6 The heck pups do it again only this time to gump 3 with Hp04 putting poor gump 2 out of his misery. Now if Coils ickypron has done more than 10 damage to gump 3 he's pretty much a goner.

Phase 5 Our melee forces rush out the gate. If the elves don't take this opportunity to retreat... they're more stupid than I think.Phase 4 and beyond... we release the imps. Who's for an Armolad hunt ?
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 am

ETheBoyce wrote:Instead of just all retreating? Now T. Coil will really want Armolad in his clutches
Armolad's mount is the only living unit with overland move left after entering the hex. The elves started 8 hexes away, and all the faeries are dead.
ETheBoyce wrote:I say we kill the Gumps and then the leadership which means archers will autoengage non-allied targets, then we step back and let them shoot up the archons, the we get Uncroaked Archons.
1) Crypsis. 2) Archons can move as well. Hiding behind the towers isn't just for Vinny.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 am

Werebiscuit wrote: If the elves don't take this opportunity to retreat... they're more stupid than I think.

Phase 4 and beyond... we release the imps. Who's for an Armolad hunt ?

Of course... they can't retreat....stupid elves.

There's no chance of catching Armolad then... I was hoping she'd do the decent thing and wait for the retreating column. In which case we'd have her as a good portion of us have better than 8 overland move ( fliers & kitties). She won't ...there will be no retreating column to wait for.

Tod... I think it may be time to talk to the Ki ...sorry...taunt...the King in Green again.
How many thinkagrams does the crown give you?
1 -> Creperum, 2-> Armolad, 3-> The King in Green 4 -> Maude Dibs
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am

...I'm really confused. The King in Green...is spending money, to croak his OWN units? Why? If he's throwing away the fight because he knows he'll lose, why not just have Armolad's mount retreat, and leave the remaining units to die? He's spending money to accomplish something that'd happen anyway. And furthermore, how would this make things harder for us? I feel like I'm missing something here...

EDIT: also remember, Archons can't be uncroaked. So even if they did croak, we wouldn't get them.

Editedit: OH, now I see. They killed the Healers. Well then *sigh*
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 am

Why couldn't me Uncroak the Archons? They're humanoids and I Dont think they're casters, at least not in the normal sense
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 am

Oh yeah you're right, I was getting them mixed in with the other unit types that could not be uncroaked but could be decrypted. My bad.
(Although I would assume they lose their limited casting abilities like a caster would, though that was never specified I don't think)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 am

0beron wrote:also remember, Archons can't be uncroaked. So even if they did croak, we wouldn't get them.
Uncroaked archon visible in the last panel: (click)
They probably wouldn't get their magic abilities, though. Just their stats, flight and Fire attack.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 am

0beron wrote:...I'm really confused. The King in Green...is spending money, to croak his OWN units? Why? If he's throwing away the fight because he knows he'll lose, why not just have Armolad's mount retreat, and leave the remaining units to die? He's spending money to accomplish something that'd happen anyway. And furthermore, how would this make things harder for us? I feel like I'm missing something here...

EDIT: also remember, Archons can't be uncroaked. So even if they did croak, we wouldn't get them.

Editedit: OH, now I see. They killed the Healers. Well then *sigh*

*nods* Yup, killing the healers just made the fight harder for us but having Armolad bug out almost redressed that balance, this turn at least. I expect that Charlie's archons will do the same again in round 3 which will make the 'mop up' harder still. We may actually lose more living units in the 'mop up' operation than we did in the actual battle.
I'm thinking of asking Bill to swallow a renewable juice potion on his action instead of using juice so that we can start putting uncroaked on the ground again in round 3, which should save popped units. What do the rest of you think ?
Use up potions which can be replaced or risk popped units ?

The fact that the elves targeted their own units is a serious strategic mistake that can be used against them... or more specifically their allies. We now actually want some survivors... so the story gets out. Not that it will help us, now that I think more about it.

Actually the King in Green has been quite cunning in hiring Charlie to do it as Charlie is unlikely to spread the stoy, in fact Buffy might be in trouble for doing so. The King in Green has plausible denability as Charlie was under contract to us just before the attack. However we should certainly plant the seed in Armolad's head to see if it takes root. Depending on who took out the contract she may know of it.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 am

Um, I just caught someone suggesting this, but We can't kill the Archons ourselves! It would be a violation of the treaty.

As for what we do next...I'm kinda lost. One the one hand, I want to point out that Gumps with +16 to their Combat is a very scary prospect to our towers...so we need to deal with that asap. The level 2 archers and Leadership are also important.

I agree with Were, I think Bill needs to uncroak LOTS of things....asap. We need a diversion to hurt and distract the archers.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:55 am

Gah. Just noticed the XP is wrong. Level 2s should be 6, Level 1s should be 4.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 am

I think we just needt to kill the gumps then pull lock ourselves in the city and blast them to bits, every dead archer seriously reduces how dangerous they are to us, and with gumps dead/stunned the rest of the infantry can only die a protracted out death. Also how are we dividing up exp? Is it by stack or by side? If it's by stack we may want to play the system a bit to let some of our newer ranged pcs get some fast exp, or just any of our pcs <_< I want level 8 ASAP
ETheBoyce

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am

Another option, abeit not a great one. We attack all the healers. They only get the bonus for 1 turn, if we croak them all the enemy will have a very powerful turn next turn, but then the archons will be useless again and if we survive the round of death the enemy will be down a big asset.

Of course if the archons decide to attack us directly this whole plan is made even worse. We'd also lose the one tower garunteed.
HerbieRai

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 am

HerbieRai wrote:We attack all the healers. They only get the bonus for 1 turn

Yes, one TURN. As in a side-wide turn. So the bonus lasts for the rest of the combat.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 am

0beron wrote:Um, I just caught someone suggesting this, but We can't kill the Archons ourselves! It would be a violation of the treaty.

As for what we do next...I'm kinda lost. One the one hand, I want to point out that Gumps with +16 to their Combat is a very scary prospect to our towers...so we need to deal with that asap. The level 2 archers and Leadership are also important.

I agree with Were, I think Bill needs to uncroak LOTS of things....asap. We need a diversion to hurt and distract the archers.

Ok 2 points...

First
No-one suggested WE kill the archons, only that we target the leadership and retreat from bow shot...which would mean auto engaging elven archers target the archons. Thats about as much our fault as Archons targeting altrusitc elves. It would not break any deal with Charlie.
The trouble with that policy is that the archons have invisibility and we are putting units in the field to mop up. Any targets will still be our units.

Secondly
By the end of this round there will be two stunned gumps ( 5 & 6) unable to do anything next round but stare at the tower and both will be damaged by the ickypron.....and guess who gets to go first next round ? That's right Will... then Rolf...then Cupid...oh yes and then Yuri. No...more...gumps.

Then Charlie's angels get to increase elven com & def by assassinating 3 more altruistic elves.
It's the 4 remaining level 1 archers we need to worry about..which is why our 16 com10 archers will target them before they can fire.
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:09 am

Herbie, bad Idea. I suggest Handing me a potion and me raising a few archer corpses. Also, Killing the Gumps, PRONTO. Next kill the archers. After that, pick them off from the wall.
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 am

Werebiscuit wrote:By the end of this round there will be two stunned gumps ( 5 & 6) unable to do anything next round but stare at the tower and both will be damaged by the ickypron.....and guess who gets to go first next round ? That's right Will... then Rolf...then Cupid...oh yes and then Yuri. No...more...gumps.

Right, this was my point. I don't know the details of everyone's plan, I was just pointing out that Gumps need to be dealt with somehow, either by croaking or stunning or whatever. Seems like people have some ideas about that.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 am

We will deal with 3 more gumps this round with bowshot (gump 1) and heck pups (gumps 2 & 3) leaving only 2 stunned and damaged ones (gumps 5 & 6) to be dealt with in round 3 but that means putting melee units ( heck pups) in the field.

Now we COULD close the gates after the heck pups and have them lead elven footsoldiers a merry dance. Note : the heck pups have 14 move and agility (meaning they do not have to stop when encountering an enemy unit) so they are the perfect units to do this. We would have to make sure of elven archery first. Then we can pick off footsoldiers at our leisure.

Sound like a plan ?

Can we send a battle space thinkagram of it to the King in Green ? I'm pretty sure we can :twisted:
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games