Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 pm

The Colonel wrote:I HAVE ANOTHER CORPSE. DO I RAISE IT?

Yes.

Werebiscuit wrote:
Exate wrote:Reading the Brickabat description, its blocking power is phrased as "can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit." The use of the word "can" implies to me that the use of the ability is optional. If this is so, I would propose that the Brickabat with only 1 Hit left choose not to use its ability so that it will survive this battle and we'll have an additional full-strength Brickabat available for use in the next battle.

OOC Seconded...all in favour raise a hand :D /OOC

I've got a better suggestion. If you agree to that, say absolutely nothing at all :P

On Dance-fighting: if you're going to change the workings of that, I'd like to retcon my choice and not lock in the AP on Dance-fighting just yet.

On order of attacks- our BURWs (the guys what carry the rams) together with Tell may just be enough, with luck, to finish a Gump. But that's not the question I wanted. Here it is-

In Disciples I and II (lovely games btw) order of combat was given by Initiative. Units could also "wait", once per turn. What happened was that, in decreasing order of initiative, units would either act or choose to wait; if after all surviving units got a chance at the choice, the choice to act is given again, to the units who first picked wait, but in ascending order of initiative.

Same system is (or was) used in Heroes of Might and Magic. Effectively it allows high initiative units to act either first or last. Are we using something like this?

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Rolf Actually intends to delay his strike till last in the round. I doubt we'll kill a gump this round but even if we do it more than likely wont be in the initial phases where he usually strikes /OOC

I asked because of that. It would be lovely for Will, I imagine, to get last shot on a Gump.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:On Dance-fighting: if you're going to change the workings of that, I'd like to retcon my choice and not lock in the AP on Dance-fighting just yet.

Noted. With the additional requirement, even if a unit had already selected it, I'd allow them to undo the purchase and select another if they felt it wasn't worth it. I personally don't see it as changing the workings so much as clarifying the description, though.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Same system is (or was) used in Heroes of Might and Magic. Effectively it allows high initiative units to act either first or last. Are we using something like this?

Ultimately, we're using a much more complex system that I like to call "GM's best judgment". I'm honestly not going to try to codify it more than that, but some rules of thumb:

Some actions are simultaneous. For example, the Flier's volley of arrows was mentally modeled as "odd numbered and even numbered pair off and pick a target, odds fire first and evens fire second without checking results." This was a nearly-simultaneous, slightly sequential action. The healer didn't have time to react between waves 1 and 2, but was able to go between them and William, because William was choosing a target based on the results of the fliers, while the healer was reacting as quickly as she could to re-ward someone whose ward had dropped.

Healing is going to trump attacking, so as long as the healer can react, they'll be able to get their spell off before another strike can occur unless all strikes are nearly simultaneous.

For things like a killing blow (say, two people both create a conditional that says they'll target a Gump as soon as it is incapacitated), I'll probably resolve it by whoever has the highest (modified) combat score at that moment, but I make no guarantees. I'm going to try to be as fair and impartial as I can, but I'm also going to try to make sure everyone is having fun, so there's a good chance that in a kill-stealing scenario, the lower-level character will win. Or, I may just roll a die.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri May 25, 2012 3:50 pm

IS T. Coil currently protected by a bat swarm? Because if so he's got some malicious taunting to perform.

As for Gump kills, we should probably let the casters kill them, high level casters can wreck face, and I am totally unbiased in that assessment
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok, here's a possible take on Dance-Fighting:

Like Leadership, it has to be declared at the start of the round. If characters are not "in formation", the bonus doesn't take effect until they are.
A formation is a pattern that has some form of clear symmetry or pattern, such as a single row ("chorus line"), a two-row formation, a square or diamond pattern, etc.
Units do not need to be adjacent, as long as their positions form an obvious pattern. Examples of valid formations include the following:

Code: Select all
..X.X.X..
...X.X...
....X....

X...X...X
..X...X..
....X....

....X...X
..X.X.X..
X...X....

X...X...X
X.......X
...XXX...

Once a formation is established, the dance-fighting bonus is maintained until such time as a unit in the formation moves into a location that doesn't create a formation. Units can move simultaneously in order to maintain symmetry.
Note that, if a unit is incapacitated or killed, the formation is not considered broken. However, the next time a unit in formation moves, there must be a symmetrical formation again when their move is complete.
Also note that units with Dance-Fighting can be added to an existing formation at any time, and the bonus takes effect as soon as they complete their move.
Units can also drop out of formation without breaking the formation, as long as a pattern remains after they drop out.

Special Case: If there are only 2 members of a formation, they must be within 3 squares of each other. A 2-member formation always forms a pattern as long as they are dance-fighting with this range.
Bonus: Whenever a member of a formation gets a kill, a dance-fighting XP bonus is awarded to the member of the formation with the lowest current experience (tie determined by die roll).

Opinions?
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 25, 2012 4:05 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:IS T. Coil currently protected by a bat swarm?

Yes, per Tod's instructions, all 3 casters are currently screened by Bat Swarm 2.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Malicious Taunting:

"Treacherous!? Hah! I was betrayed the day I popped! Sent off away from everything! Unable to practice my craft! I am a Shockamancer, I need battle to grow, to do what I was popped to do! Junetta understands in a way you never could, we're Casters we need to Cast. But you wouldn't understand us! Heh, you're barely competent, you're so poorly endowed you need a Magic Sword to aid you! I'm sure Junetta bemoans this fact every time you order her into your arms! But don't worry soon we'll capture her, and with a little Shock Therapy she'll be on our side, I doubt I'll even need to use magic! But if you're a good little boy and don't get croaked, I'll let you watch; maybe you'll learn a thing or two!"

Orders:

T. Coil will remain adjacent to Brickabats and he will cast based on the following order:

*Clarification*: Hiya should only be used if a target has 6 or fewer hits, 9 or fewer with leadership; except for Junetta who would need to have 11/14 hits to be targetted by Hiya or 17/20 hits to be targeted by Hoboken

1. Target Junetta if he can Incapacitate but not croak her with Hoboken or Hiya
2. Target Wandereus if he can incapacitate or croak him with Hoboken or Hiya
3. Target other units with Hiya if he can croak them, preference to Gumps then archers
4. Target other units with Hoboken if he can croak them, preference to Gumps then archers
5. Hoboken the Gump with lowest remaining hits
ETheBoyce

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Ok, it doesn't look like any official moves (including leadership declarations and new levels for a number of you) are in yet. Instead of trying to enforce a deadline, I'll just run the next turn after everyone's declared their actions.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 pm

(Sorry for not posting for most of the day. Just had one of those days. Head feels stuffy and there is an itch in my throut. )
I'll take the +1Com/+2Def/+4hits

I'm thinking of putting leadership on William, Yuri, Rolf, Cupid, and the front 3 fliers in the formation. The rational for these as my choices is additional damage for William and enhanced survivability for the rest. It should be stated that the fliers are likely to be one shot one killed by led archers using mighty blow even if I use leadership on them. We can send the surviving fliers the front bat of the ground formation at the end of this phase.

One of the goals with having the 9 combat RAMs rush the Gumps ASAP is that this diliberately exposes them as targets to be fired on by the later moving archers. The rules state that we can have have the ram carried by anything but the bats, so losing them is not as much of a problem as losing the fliers, whose loss means that we would be stuck relying on the ranged ground units to do damage to the archers on the wall.

BTW when I set up the formation, I made sure that there would be 4 DW and 4 DS touching myself and the casters in such a way that we could all be assigned one of each as guards and bodyguards if we lost our bat protection.

Also, I believe the caster's healomancy to be limited by RLOS, so she can't heal the gumps without moving into attack range of William and the casters.
Swodaems

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Indeed, and I think our fliers should continue to target the enemy archers, killing them would pretty much hand us the battle
ETheBoyce

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:13 am

So leveling orders:

+1 Combat for Triage
Learn Renew

General Orders:
If Triage is attacked and still lives, heal self (using whichever spell is most appropriate)
Else If there is a Dark unit wounded in the attack on the Gumps, heal the unit with the fewest hits remaining.
Else use Bone Puppeteer scroll to raise a fallen enemy archer as whatever T. Coil has been doing on the wall
(or if I don't have a scroll, Fire targets of opportunity)
WaterMonkey314

Postby The Colonel » Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 am

I RAISE ANOTHER SKELETON ARCHER! EXTRA BEEF!
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Rolf Actually intends to delay his strike till last in the round. I doubt we'll kill a gump this round but even if we do it more than likely wont be in the initial phases where he usually strikes /OOC

I asked because of that. It would be lovely for Will, I imagine, to get last shot on a Gump.

OOC As I believe from your orders you're firing on "the nearest gump" (gump-1) and Rolf is targetting gump-2 there is no conflict between our orders at least. Whether other players will post conflicting orders remains to be seen

Note In cases of conflicting orders and order priority I'm happy to take my chances with a die roll to see who gets the kill /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 26, 2012 11:58 am

The Colonel wrote:I RAISE ANOTHER SKELETON ARCHER! EXTRA BEEF!

Could you put ths on the wall? We could use the damage up there. Your archers on the ground should probably continue to attack the archers on the wall as well despite their proximity to the gumps.

Oh and if talking/signaling the enemy is a free action, I raise the black flag. (For those who don't know, this signals a willingness to give quarter to those who surrender.)
Swodaems

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat May 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Swodaems wrote:Could you put ths on the wall? We could use the damage up there. Your archers on the ground should probably continue to attack the archers on the wall as well despite their proximity to the gumps.

Can they, though? The B row is out of RLOS for ground units.

Swodaems wrote:Oh and if talking/signaling the enemy is a free action, I raise the black flag. (For those who don't know, this signals a willingness to give quarter to those who surrender.)

Learn a new thing every day.

MarbitChow:

This symmetry thing seems a bit awkward to me. All other specials can be explained, more or less, in one sentence (except maybe for the fucking Bats) but Dancefighting now looks so byzantine that I don't want anything to do with it. I'll keep that AP for now.

On combat order: as far as I understand it, there's a natural combat order (high-C first), with no rule in place for waiting. Fine enough. In that case there's nothing much to game. I'd like to shoot the nearest Gump, preferably after the BURWs gave it a working-over, but if that doesn't work, just shoot the nearest Gump.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 26, 2012 1:42 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Could you put ths on the wall? We could use the damage up there. Your archers on the ground should probably continue to attack the archers on the wall as well despite their proximity to the gumps.

Can they, though? The B row is out of RLOS for ground units.

They should be in RLOS. They're in Row 20 and MarbitChow's RLOS restrictions for this field are as follows:
MarbitChow wrote:Rows 17 and 18 can only be targeted from the wall by Row 19. (Edit: Corrected row numbers.)
Rows 22 and higher cannot be seen from the ground, so ground units do not have RLOS. They can still be targeted by Fliers.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 26, 2012 3:37 pm

The forces of darkness focus their attention on the Gumps, who have moved forward, dusting the skeletal archers. The heaviest units of Tenebris surround the Gumps, and begin to issue a vicious pummeling. Unfortunately for the Tenebrisians, the elven archers regroup out of sight of the ground forces, and concentrate their fire on the Fliers. Six archers fire, and six fliers fall. Enraged by the carnage, Junetta drops two fliers as well. She tries to justify it to herself by saying that, by killing the fliers, she he healing damage before it occurs, but the thought still makes her ill. Cupid glances around, and realizes that, other than a skeleton (or perhaps 2, when Bill finally reacts) he is currently the only target that the archers and healer can see...

The following units can still move and act this turn:
Cupid, Flier-8, DW Dark Warriors, DS Dark Spearmen, SK Skeleton Warrior, T. Coil, Bill, Triage, BS Brickabats

The casters have already submitted their actions for the turn. They can choose to change their actions at this point if they wish, otherwise they will react as specified when their turn comes.
Note that fliers changing elevation down requires 1 square each elevation (2 squares if moving up), so landing costs 2 squares move total.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.

Player Stats
Spoiler: show
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 3, 19xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 8 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 2, 7xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Revitalize x3. Scroll: Renew x2
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 2, 6xp, 1 AP Banked, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 9 Combat / 10 Defense / 28 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 1, 3xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 2, 7xp, 1 AP Banked, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 2, 7xp, 1 AP Banked} [ 12 Combat / 4 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed]
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 2, 5xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Renew). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Hoboken x2
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 2, 9xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer ). 8 Juice.] Scroll: Bone Puppeteer x2. Scroll: Lucky Streak

Sk-3 Skeleton Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched; Mighty Blow]

Darkness Units
Ram : 4d6 Damage to structures only; ignores Defense; Units wielding Ram can only move 5 squares per turn instead of 8.
RAM-1 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 30 (of 36) Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-2 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-3 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-4 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-5 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-6 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-7 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-8 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]

DW-1 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-2 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-3 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-4 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-5 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-6 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-7 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-8 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]

DS-1 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 3 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-2 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-3 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-4 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 6 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-5 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-6 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-7 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-8 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]

DF-8 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 1 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]

Enemy Stats
B-1 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 5 (of 10) Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ]
B-2 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-3 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-4 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-5 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-6 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-7 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)

Wandereus, C-1 Elf Warrior {Lvl 3} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 30 Hits. Attack. Special: Leadership, Beefy, Block; 'Magic Sword' (+1 Combat, requires Attack) ] (Ward-8)
Junetta, H-1 Elf Caster {Lvl 4} [ 6 Combat / 7 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Minor Ward, Space Out, Renew). 30 Juice.] (Ward-8)

T-1 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 19 (of 60) Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]
T-2 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 41 (of 60) Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]

Castle Gate: 20 Def / 50 Hit (Gates take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)
Castle Walls: 30 Def / 100 Hit per square (Walls take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)

Results:
Tod: Leadership on Tod, Rolf, Yuri, Will, Cupid, Flier-1, Flier-2, Flier-3
Archers B2 through B8 : Mighty Blow

Gump-1 : Attacks Skeleton Archer SK-1 @ R-8
Roll: 2. 13 Combat - 2 Def = 11 Hits. Target Dusted.

Gump-2 : Attacks Skeleton Archer SK-2 @ R-9
Roll: 7. 19 Combat - 2 Def = 17 Hits. Target Dusted.

William : Delays action

Yuri : Moves to Q-10, attacks Scout SC-4 @ Q-9
Roll: 7. 16 Combat + 3 Leadership - 2 Def = 17 Hits. Target slain. Yuri gains 1 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

RM1 : Moves to Q-9, attacks Gump-1
Roll: 9. Combat 18 - Def 12 = 6 Hits.

RM2 : Moves to Q-8, attacks Gump-1
Roll: 11. Combat 20 - Def 12 = 8 Hits.

RM3 : Moves to R-8, attacks Gump-1

RM4 : Moves to S-8, attacks Gump-1

RM5 : Moves to T-8, attacks Gump-1
Roll: 4. Combat 13 - Def 12 = 1 Hit.

RM6 : Moves to U-8, attacks Gump-2
Roll: 5. Combat 14 - Def 12 = 2 Hits.

RM7 : Moves to V-9, attacks Gump-2
Roll: 8. Combat 17 - Def 12 = 5 Hits.

RM8 : Moves to V-10, attacks Gump-2
Roll: 5. Combat 14 - Def 12 = 2 Hits.

Rolf : Moves to T-11, attacks Gump-2
Roll: 10. Combat 18 + 3 Leadership - Def 12 = 10 Hits.

William : attacks Gump-1
Roll : 7. Combat 19 + 3 Leadership - Def 12 = 10 Hits.

Archer B-2 : Moves to V-24, attacks Flier Fly-1
Roll: 5. Combat 15 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 3 Leadership + 4 Elevation) = 7 hits.

Archer B-3 : Moves to W-24, attacks Flier Fly-1
Roll: 10. Combat 20 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 3 Leadership + 4 Elevation) = 12 hits. Target slain.B-3 gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Archer B-4 : Moves to X-24, attacks Flier Fly-2
Roll: 7. Combat 17 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 3 Leadership + 4 Elevation) = 9 hits. Target incapacitated. Target falls. Target dies.B-4 gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Archer B-5 : Moves to V-23, attacks Flier Fly-3
Roll: 6. Combat 16 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 4 Elevation) = 15 hits. Target incapacitated. Target falls. Target dies.B-5 gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Archer B-6 : Moves to W-23, attacks Flier Fly-4
Roll: 8. Combat 18 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 4 Elevation) = 13 hits. Target slain.B-6 gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Archer B-7 : Moves to X-23, attacks Flier Fly-5
Roll: 7. Combat 18 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 4 Elevation) = 12 hits. Target incapacitated. Target falls. Target dies.B-7 gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Junetta : Moves to W-22, attacks Flier Fly-6
Roll: 8. Combat 14 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 4 Elevation) = 9 hits. Target incapacitated. Target falls. Target dies.Junetta gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.

Junetta : Attacks Flier Fly-7
Roll: 9. Combat 14 + 3 Leadership - (Def 4 + 4 Elevation) = 10 hits. Target incapacitated. Target falls. Target dies.Junetta gains 3 XP. Wandereus gains 1 XP.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

What were we planning to do with the Spearmen and other ground troops? So far there's not too much left I can do - either heal one of the wounded Spearmen, attack a Gump, or coup-de-grace that last archer on the wall.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 26, 2012 7:08 pm

BS 3 should retreat this turn, but I don't think it is yet time for Cupid and Flier-8 to leave the hex.

The archers that fired this round used mighty blow and had leadership, so Flier-8 will do 2-12, avg 7, damage to any of them and, with my leadership and his new level, Cupid will either do avg 11 or 12, depending on his choice of leveling Def or Com. They may be able to kill a single archer this round by concentrating their fire. We can send BS 1 this round to screen for them next round. MarbitChow, can the Fliers both fire and then retreat out of the hex next round?

Triage has a Hoboken scroll, so he and T. Coil should both use Hoboken on the most wounded gump to take it out before it can attack next round. While the DW and DS can attack the gumps, they probably shouldn't because of the probability of them doing no damage against an enemy that can kill its choice of them on the next round. The heavies are undamaged and can likely take what the gumps can dish out.
Swodaems

Postby HerbieRai » Sat May 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I will request the brickbats that have yet to move to come up and screen the last of the fliers.

Us fliers will target more archers, starting with the wounded one then going to the next
HerbieRai

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, can the Fliers both fire and then retreat out of the hex next round?

No. Once a unit has acted (attack, strike, fire, or cast), it's done for the round.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games