Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 pm

HerbieRai wrote:I will request the brickbats that have yet to move to come up and screen the last of the fliers.

Us fliers will target more archers, starting with the wounded one then going to the next

Between the fliers and the uncroaked, (the SK already present and a skele archer Bill put in an order for earlier,) on the wall, we should be able to down 2 archers in the remainder of this round and possibly repeat the feat next round. Bill has two bone puppeteer scrolls on him, so he should be able to summon a skele in each of the next 2 rounds after this. They should only have 5 archers at the start of next round, 3 the round after that, and so on.

Continuing to not attack Wanderus and Junetta continues to seem like a good idea due to the whole 'unsure if our combined fire could put one of them down' thing. Junetta is more annoying than he is because of her 2 fire attacks, but that is what bats and skeles are good for.

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, can the Fliers both fire and then retreat out of the hex next round?

No. Once a unit has acted (attack, strike, fire, or cast), it's done for the round.

Okay, since we're send the fliers a bat swarm this round, another solution would be for us to have it in our plan next turn to swap out the two remain bat swarms next round if 1 of them gets too damaged.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Since the fliers are nearly all dead, are our casters sufficiently protected from archer fire?

I agree on the use of Hoboken on the more wounded Gump.

Triage Hobokens the wounded Gump.
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:02 am

Test...

PS: MarbitChow, a random thought on deadlines - "forum time" doesn't really exist (or is inconsistent) since I live in the central time zone and I don't see the 1 hour difference between "forum time" and CST.
WaterMonkey314

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 am

So did we want to ,likely, level our Healamancer or our Shockamancer? Clearly I prefer me, because AOE is nice.
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 am

and THAT, kids, is why we don't fly in the rams.

So anyway, Gumps. As far as I can tell, the average damage a DS or DW could do is (1*5 + 2*4 + 3*3 + 4*2 + 5*1)/36 = 35/36. So, roughly speaking, we can expect our remaining 16 infantry units to make 140/9 or, about, 15 damage to the Gumps. If this were somehow focused on T-2, we'd see it brought at 26H. Just how much FirePowah do our scrolls have left? If we have a stunner, it's maybe a good idea to use our infantry nonetheless.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 7:36 am

At this point, I'm probably going to throw away turn deadlines and just run the turn whenever enough people have submitted their moves to be able to figure out a large chunk of the next action sequence. :D During the week, I try to get it started by 8pm CST, so you all can use that as a reference, but if there's complex discussion going on, I'll postpone the turn until everyone's ready.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Sun May 27, 2012 7:49 am

I CAN RAISE ONE MORE SKELETON! WHAT DO I SUMMON?
The Colonel

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 am

Something with an indoor voice maybe?

I don't know. Something on the ... hey wait ... can Bill uncroak fliers? That fly?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 am

yes why?
The Colonel

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 am

Because I'm wondering whether that may help us get- and keep- a flier presence. Uncroaked bone-y flier is resistent to arrows, we've got a batswarm that can protect our fliers, and finally having three archers in the sky will help with clearing those in the city. Well, there's also the issue of Wanderguy not being able to knock an uncroaked flier into dust.

The real issue is whether to uncroak a flier (my guess, so far) or something on the walls.

Oh PS- does the uncroaked gain an action this turn? Because I may be wrong, but so far, they did.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 am

No, Bill can only create Minor Uncroaked ('zombies') and Bone Puppets ('skeletons'), which use the raw materials of the body but don't gain the original body's abilities. Uncroak is not available until Level 4.

And yes, the uncroaked still have actions pending, both the existing one, and one that Bill would create.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 27, 2012 8:16 am

Well that settles it. Something on the walls would be my suggestion.

I do wonder what would happen if Bill were to Bone Puppeteer a Gump though :twisted:

Spoiler: show
Silly BLANDCorporatio, trees got no bones.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 am

Both Reanimator and Bone Puppeteer specify 'humanoid unit'. He might be able to Uncroak a Gump, though, if he gets that spell. :)
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun May 27, 2012 9:55 am

What to re-animate on the walls ?
Well an archer would be nice to help out in both the field and wall fights, whereas a spearman would definitely tie up some elf archer fire. It really depends on the ruling as to whether bill can direct fire into rows 22 and beyond from a bone archer on the wall. (i.e. do they act independantly or does bill have to specify a target for them ?)
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 am

Werebiscuit wrote:It really depends on the ruling as to whether bill can direct fire into rows 22 and beyond from a bone archer on the wall. (i.e. do they act independantly or does bill have to specify a target for them ?)

RLOS determines what units are available to attack. Any unit on the walls has RLOS to any other unit on the walls, so a bone archer in row 19 can target any unit visible unit on the field. Bill can direct them to attack any target he is aware of, even if Bill does not have RLOS on that target, as long as the bone archer does.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Sun May 27, 2012 10:48 am

The Colonel wrote:I CAN RAISE ONE MORE SKELETON! WHAT DO I SUMMON?

I was thinking either a beefy archer (Com 7) or a well-armed warrior/spearman (Com 8.) These would move either at the same time or before the enemy archers next round, allowing them to attack no matter the archer's decisions. A skele archer archer may be the best choice because of the ability to attack while staying out of Wanderus' attack zone. (I believe Wanderus has decided to stay out of RLOS of the ground no matter what, so any position in row 19 or 20 should be safe.
BTW, it may help to know that my plans for leadership declarations for the next round are Cupid, flier-8, Yuri, Rolf, Will, and your 2 skeletons on the wall.
Also, check your inventory, you have 2 scrolls of bone puppeteer on you. You can raise 3 more skeles this battle.

ETheBoyce wrote:So did we want to ,likely, level our Healamancer or our Shockamancer? Clearly I prefer me, because AOE is nice.

I'd actually prefer if he was the one to get the croak. Those scrolls he's carrying are his best way to level up in a hurry and when they're gone, he'll be stuck with healing duty. Given that our best chance of surviving the next battle may be for him to level to 3 before this one ends, (so that he can get minor ward and have it already placed on us before the battle starts next time, like Junetta did this battle,) I'd rather not waste any chances to feed him more XP than he could get otherwise.

MarbitChow wrote:At this point, I'm probably going to throw away turn deadlines and just run the turn whenever enough people have submitted their moves to be able to figure out a large chunk of the next action sequence. :D During the week, I try to get it started by 8pm CST, so you all can use that as a reference, but if there's complex discussion going on, I'll postpone the turn until everyone's ready.

I think we've heard from most of the players in the 'Cupid, Flier-8, DW Dark Warriors, DS Dark Spearmen, SK Skeleton Warrior, T. Coil, Bill, Triage, BS Brickabats' group. A couple of them are still debating specifics, I see that we still need moves for the DW and DS. (We've already dedicated BS-1 to the fliers, told BS-3 to retreat, and Flier-8 has been commited to continuing the attack upon the archers. BS-2 is staying where it is. Bill, we also need orders for the active and soon to be summoned skeles.)

There are 4 DW and 4 DS standing adjacent to myself and the casters, which I had intended to be used as personal guards and bodyguards for us. With the exception of two of them, I'd like those to stay where they are while the other 8 units should move to pick up the rams and start moving them around the gumps to the wall.

I noticed that despite declaring leadership, I haven't done anything else this round. My action for this round is, before T. Coil and Triage act, to move to P7 and strike Gump-1. (This should make it very likely that Gump-1 takes the full 24 damage needed to bring him to -5 this round.) The DS in T6 will move to Q6 and the DW in R6 will move to P6 in preparation for bodyguard duty next round.

I also shout to Junetta and Wanderus in as deep a voice as I can, "YIELD!"
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am

OOC If there are spare spearmen available I'd like to request some protection for Yuri & Rolf. Having one Ram move to the wall should see the archers priorities split more than enough./OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 am

Just to put your mind at ease, I can just about guarantee that Yuri and Rolf are not on the Archer priority list while Fliers and Casters are still on the field.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Cupid and the remaining flier take shots at one of the archers, but are unable to bring it down. A coordinated assault on Gump-1 finally topples the tree. Finally, the Brickabat swarms meander to their new locations, and prepare to defend the fliers from another assault. The turn is over. Prepare to submit your orders for new turns.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.

Player Stats
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 3, 19xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 8 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 2, 7xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken). 14 Juice.] Scroll: Revitalize x3. Scroll: Renew x2
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 2, 5xp, 1 AP Banked, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 9 Combat / 10 Defense / 28 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 1, 3xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 2, 7xp, 1 AP Banked, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 2, 7xp, 1 AP Banked} [ 12 Combat / 4 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed]
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 2, 13xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Renew). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Hoboken
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 2, 12xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer ). 0 Juice.] Scroll: Bone Puppeteer x2. Scroll: Lucky Streak

Sk-1 Skeleton Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched]
Sk-3 Skeleton Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched; Mighty Blow]

Darkness Units
Ram : 4d6 Damage to structures only; ignores Defense; Units wielding Ram can only move 5 squares per turn instead of 8.
RAM-1 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 30 (of 36) Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-2 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-3 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-4 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-5 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-6 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-7 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-8 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]

DW-1 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-2 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-3 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-4 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-5 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-6 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-7 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-8 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]

DS-1 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 3 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-2 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-3 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-4 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 6 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-5 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-6 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-7 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-8 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]

DF-8 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 1 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]

Enemy Stats
B-2 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-3 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-4 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-5 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-6 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)

Wandereus, C-1 Elf Warrior {Lvl 3} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 30 Hits. Attack. Special: Leadership, Beefy, Block; 'Magic Sword' (+1 Combat, requires Attack) ] (Ward-8)
Junetta, H-1 Elf Caster {Lvl 4} [ 6 Combat / 7 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Minor Ward, Space Out, Renew). 30 Juice.] (Ward-8)

T-2 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 41 (of 60) Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]

Castle Gate: 20 Def / 50 Hit (Gates take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)
Castle Walls: 30 Def / 100 Hit per square (Walls take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)

Results:
Flier-8 : Fires at Archer B-7
Roll : 8. Combat 12 - (Def 1 + 3 Leadership) = Ward destroyed.

Cupid : Delays until after Flier-8. Fires at Archer B-7
Roll : 4. Combat 8 + 3 Leadership - (Def 1 + 3 Leadership) = 7 Hits.

Tod : Moves to P-7, Strikes Gump-1
Roll : 4. Combat 12 + 3 Leadership - Def 12 = 3 Hits.

T. Coil : Hoboken Gump-1
Roll : 7. Combat 12 = 12 Hits.

Triage : Hoboken Gump-1
Roll : 8. Combat 13 = 13 Hits. Target slain. Triage gains 8 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

Bill : Bone Puppeteer - creates Skeleton Archer (Calcium-Enriched) @ S-19

Sk-3 Skeleton Warrior : Attacks Archer B-1 @ N-19 w/ Mighty Blow
Roll : 7. Combat 12 - Def 1 = 11 Hits. Target slain. Bill gains 3 XP.

Sk-1 Skeleton Archer : Attacks Archer B-7
Roll : 8. Combat 15 - (Def 1 + 3 Leadership + 4 Cover) = 7 Hits. Target slain. Bill gains 3 XP.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Can our warriors move forward with the rams? I don't think they moved this turn, and with the Gump contained, I don't think we should allow even one turn in which we lag around not approaching the walls.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games