Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:49 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Well, if there's no danger of friendly fire then Will shall try to annihilate the threat to Bill!
There is no danger of friendly fire. :)

The Colonel wrote:REMAINING DANCERS! ATTACK! EVERYTHING! The one closer to me, attack the bone champ! Bill BRAVELY RETREATS FROM THE BONE CHAMP!
Can you be more specific about where Bill retreats to?

HerbieRai wrote:I can also land somewhere and be in the way, although it shouldn't be too close to the portals because I am a bit squishy
HerbieRai, if you want Cupid to land this turn, please be specific about where you want to set down, and under what conditions. If Tod moves to G9, for example, Tod and L12 pretty much lock down the H Portal, unless (again, for example) 5 units popped at G10, G9, H10, I10, and I9.

The Colonel wrote:I was planning on that, and taking Dance Fighting a level after thriller.
You cannot take Dance Fighting after you take Thriller; it's a prerequisite for Thriller.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Okay, so open question, do I take dance fighting now? and thriller later or just bone warlord and uncroak?
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:47 pm

The Colonel wrote:Okay, so open question, do I take dance fighting now? and thriller later or just bone warlord and uncroak?

My opinion of your choices:
Uncroak: The problem with this spell is that we haven't seen many units worth uncroaking. The only ones I can think of are Wanderous and Junetta, and they're both going to stay alive. (Marbitchow, were the Gumps uncroakable?) You're hitting Level 4 after this fight, and if you take uncroak, you'll have to wait until the next big battle with the elves to cast it. There is a good chance of there being a decent uncroaking target or two there, but if that fight is going to take us to level 5, you could choose to take uncroak after the fight and raise up your picks after the battle.
Bone Warlord: The nice thing about this ability is that, unlike dance-fighting/thriller, the size of the bonus does not rely on the size of your stack. The down side is that it explictly does not stack with my leadership bonus and does not effect you. To gain benefit from the bonus requires that you form your own seperate stack full of uncroaked, making yourself a pretty big target on the battle field. (Note: the option does exist of you taking dance-fighting and bone warlord at level 4. You could choose to spend uncroaked AP on dance-fighting to make up for the lack of Thriller until you can afford it.)
Dance-fighting/Thriller: The Dance-fighting special provides a nice, but conditional, boost to your stats. Thriller will allow you to more easily meet the condition for the bonus and to create other units capable of receiving it in a manner that doesn't use any of their limited AP. Dance-fighting stacks with leadership, so you wouldn't have to leave the main stack to take advantage of it. (I'm hoping to convince alot of the PCs to take Dance-fighting soon. A few of them have expressed the desire to take either the heavy or leadership specials when they hit 4, but I'm optimistic about the majority of the party having it by Level 5.)
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Swodaems wrote:Marbitchow, were the Gumps uncroakable?
No, the Gumps could not be uncroaked. Only humanoid-looking units can be uncroaked, in general. Tenebrisian flyers, for example, are humanoid, and so they'd be valid targets, but Gumps would not be.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:19 am

Hi folks,
I'm back and trying to catch up. I can see we're in a bit of a bind so I'll still allow Swodaems to direct Rolf's moves for the present till I'm sure I understand what we're trying to do. Once I get up to speed you can hand him back.

P.S. Thanks for not getting him killed ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 am

BTW, just in case anyone has forgotten...there are 2 corpses we can still bring to this fight. If Bill still has any juice or anyone with the right scroll has a spare action.

Just to plug any defensive gaps that are starting to appear..... ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Hi folks,
I'm back and trying to catch up. I can see we're in a bit of a bind so I'll still allow Swodaems to direct Rolf's moves for the present till I'm sure I understand what we're trying to do. Once I get up to speed you can hand him back.

P.S. Thanks for not getting him killed ;)

Good to see you back. You may notice that I placed you where you're likely to take some damage next round, but please don't worry too much about that. You should live.

MarbitChow wrote:
The Colonel wrote:REMAINING DANCERS! ATTACK! EVERYTHING! The one closer to me, attack the bone champ! Bill BRAVELY RETREATS FROM THE BONE CHAMP!
Can you be more specific about where Bill retreats to?

I'm thinking A1, A4, A7, and A10 are good positions for Will and the casters to be in ATM. (Will may want to move to A4 or A7 to keep the Dagron from receiving a cover bonus from units in front of the portals.) Our lesser uncroaked that survive to their turn and weren't used to help end the bone champion attacking Bill should try to line up in either Column D, E, or F.

MarbitChow wrote:
HerbieRai wrote:I can also land somewhere and be in the way, although it shouldn't be too close to the portals because I am a bit squishy
HerbieRai, if you want Cupid to land this turn, please be specific about where you want to set down, and under what conditions. If Tod moves to G9, for example, Tod and L12 pretty much lock down the H Portal, unless (again, for example) 5 units popped at G10, G9, H10, I10, and I9.

Yeah, I'm going to add a conditional to my orders. If something pops in G10 or both H10 and I10, then I move to G9, strike/lunge whatever is available. (On the off chance that two lesser uncroaked pop in G10 and H10, I go to I9 where I can lunge them both.) (Unless whatever I'm attacking is likely to escape if I don't attack immediately at Com =9, I move at Combat = 9, but strike/lunge after Cupid has eliminated either Yellow L01 or L03 from play. (I believe he has a 100% chance to eliminate either of those 2 targets.))
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Swodaems wrote:Good to see you back. You may notice that I placed you where you're likely to take some damage next round, but please don't worry too much about that. You should live.

OOC [sarcasm] Oh yeah, now I'm back you think you can kill me ? think again.... :lol: [/sarcasm]

Heh... I'm pleasantly surprised to see him undamaged after so long. I didn't think he'd escape this fight unscratched...and still with his cure potion too. I'll not worry about a few lumps and bumps when things get hairy...Rolf neither , for that matter. So don't you worry about Rolf, he's there to play his part. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Swodaems wrote:Good to see you back. You may notice that I placed you where you're likely to take some damage next round, but please don't worry too much about that. You should live.

OOC Actually I believe Rolf should be one space forward on the S9 space. This would protect our dancers on the V-line from being swarmed by whatever spawns at the R-portal, if enough of them spawn as to push the further ones from Rolf's adjacency. We can allow them free movement between Rolf and the H-line. I doubt we can stop them swarming someone next turn but we shouldn't be making it easy for them. He can still strike at R10 from there. He should still be able to move there conditionally no matter how many spawn at the R-portal so I would suggest you give him the condition that if more than 3 spawn he moves to S9 to hold them. This will close off free movement along the T-line and protect the backs of our V-line dancers.

Swodaems wrote:Our lesser uncroaked that survive to their turn and weren't used to help end the bone champion attacking Bill should try to line up in either Column D, E, or F.

I'm thinking that if they have to retreat F7 , F4 & F1 would be favourite for our dance line allowing Tod to still use his spot at H9 for portal blocking. I'd still try to animate a corpse for reinforcements even though eventually it will be used against us. Blocking is going to become crucial and if we don't have the bodies...we can't block.
/OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Because the positions of each unit might be crucial to whether they live or die, I'd like all players to explicitly state where they move to, or to explicitly grant control to Tod (Swodaems), before the next turn is run. I'll run the next turn tomorrow night, and any players that have not posted explicit instructions will remain where they are currently standing.
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Exate wrote:...attack either enemies from the R portal or, if there are no R portal enemies (presumably because the Bone Dagron wanted health) then keep smacking the Bone Dagron.
Is this specific enough, or do you need exact grid coordinates?
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Because the positions of each unit might be crucial to whether they live or die, I'd like all players to explicitly state where they move to, or to explicitly grant control to Tod (Swodaems), before the next turn is run. I'll run the next turn tomorrow night, and any players that have not posted explicit instructions will remain where they are currently standing.

Have already done so...
Werebiscuit wrote:Hi folks,

Werebiscuit wrote: OOC Actually I believe Rolf should be one space forward on the S9 space.

Swodaems might disagree with my positioning strategy...if so...he has the final say on Rolf for this turn at least, till I understand the position better.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Exate wrote:Is this specific enough, or do you need exact grid coordinates?

Werebiscuit wrote:Have already done so...

You guys are good. I'm mostly concerned about the casters, who are far more likely to be able to be killed in a single turn. Also, Cupid mentioned that he'd be willing to land and block, so I'd like him to be specific as to under what conditions he'd choose to do so, if he wants to do it this turn.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:

OOC Actually I believe Rolf should be one space forward on the S9 space. This would protect our dancers on the V-line from being swarmed by whatever spawns at the R-portal, if enough of them spawn as to push the further ones from Rolf's adjacency. We can allow them free movement between Rolf and the H-line. I doubt we can stop them swarming someone next turn but we shouldn't be making it easy for them. /OOC

I don't think the V line really needs protecting. Depending on if Trogdor rolls 7 or higher for an attack versus a lesser dance fighter, they'll have either 12 or 13 def and only take ~3 or ~2 damage per attack. Given that all but one of them only has 3 spaces from which they can be attacked, they can probably be expected to survive the round even if swarmed. (I'm actually kind of hoping they are. They're currently tougher and more replaceable than us.)

The reason I want Rolf at the M portal is to stop units from there from being able to swarm the lessers guarding the casters. Those will only have 7 (6 if they lose someone,) def. That means any 2 attacks from the units that will be coming at them will be enough to dust them. (I would give them my bonus to help out, but we did this whole voting thing earlier and decided to go with a plan that requires my bonus go to the 7 uncroaked attacking Trogdor. 2 hits without healing is also enough to incap/croak a caster and maybe Will.) Leaving the M portal unguarded just seems like an invitation to disaster in the form of the line more rapidly falling apart.

How I see the turn going: (Note: this assumes that our enemies come evenly out of the portals in groups of ~1-3 per portal. To plan a counter to them deciding to swarm a portal, we would need a plan for each portal.)
Com 20: reuncroaked pop. This means 2 new full health bone champions and 4 more dancing lessers (Trogdor now has 6 8/8 dancers). Trogdor attacks one of the units surrounding him, (if we're lucky, it's Sk1 or Yuri, but i doubt that will happen.)
Com 15: Rolf moves to Portal M, hopefully placing himself where he pins a unit to the wall and is in attack range of another unit (an unwounded lesser that becomes hs target). He refrains from immediately attacking it to give himself a better chance of dusting it later.
Com 14: Will mighty blows Bill's attacker. He is unlikely to flat out dust it (only 1/6 chance), but he should do enough damage that one or both of the two lessers near Bill can finish the job.
Com 11: Yuri does the same as Rolf at Portal R. (Yuri's target doesn't have to be something besides the wounded Yellow L03, but Bill may want to dust that instead of healing himself.)
Com 9: I do the same at portal H, but with the odd conditionals I've stated before.
Com 8: T. Coil hobokens Trogdor again. Bill takes a pounding from Bw2, but lives no matter the roll. The other 2 Bone champions are hopefully pinned and stuck attacking units who can take damage. Cupid fires at Yellow L01, dusting it no matter the roll.
Com 7: Rolf and I, then Yuri, hit our target lessers. Cupid dropping yellow L01 at com 8 has decreased the enemy dancing bonus, giving us better chances of eliminating our opponents. Rolf and I are likely to make dusts, but Yuri would need to get lucky.
Com 6: Triage re-Wards Bill. Bill either fires at Yellow L03 for a sure dust or heals himself. (We may want to move the attacks by Myself, then Rolf, then Yuri to this point in time if Bill is going to fire.)
Com 5: Our lessers and their lessers move. Hopefully we have eliminated the majority of the enemy's dancers by this point and have at least decreased the combat bonus of the survivors. So long as we keep them from the casters we should be fine. If we did good enough, they shouldn't be able to dust any member of blue man group this round.

Plans for swarms from each Portal:
Swarm From H: This isn't actually that bad. I hold back the Bone champions at the portal while Will and the casters move to the other side of the current defensive line before the lessers move. We might lose 2-3 members of blue man group this, but Will and the casters have the option of out-running their persuers to the other side of the room in later rounds with help from Tod and Rolf.
Swarm From M: This terrifies me. We lose 2-3 members of blue man group this round and no longer have a decent way to stop those units from reaching the casters in the round after. Running across the room isn't an option because our forces have been cut in half. Best plan I can think of is for myself (or Rolf if they send at least 1 to H,) to step into the midst of the swarm and try to attract as many blows as possible.
Swarm from R: Oh happy day, all the units in range of R have high Def. We sit back at laugh at the display of impotence.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:54 pm

I'll explicitly allow Tod to move me around as needed. I haven't paid enough attention to the strategy of moving to not risk a critical mistake.
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm ok with the stated plan for Will; it requires that the same action I wanted performed, be performed, which is to remove the threat to Bill.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Turn 5
The Tenebrisian's worst fears are realized as the mass of reconstituted uncroaked materialize in a mob around the central structure. Tod and Rolf move to try to contain them, but too many slip through. Although the team is able to eliminate the Champion threatening Bill, Bill starts to see his short life flash before his eyes, and he rapidly burns through a healing scroll while Triage re-wards him. The Bone Dagron is not looking too healthy right now. The question is, will the Dagron attempt to preserve itself for another round, or will it unleash a retaliatory horde upon the increasingly vulnerable casters?

Player Stats
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 15 Combat / 11 Defense / 32 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-armed.] (Ward-7) Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 14 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow x2] (Ward-8)
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 3, 32.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 11 Combat / 12 Defense / 32 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.] (Ward-8) Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 4, 35.5xp, 1 AP Banked }[/color] [ 9 Combat / 9(+1) Defense / 23 (of 24) Hits. Strike/Lunge. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Defense, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Gem: 5000 Shmuckers, Gem: 2000 Shmuckers
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 3, 31.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 8 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-8)
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 3, 32.5xp} [ 7(+1) Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken, TooGeeWonCee). 14 Juice.] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Combat, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20), Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.6xp, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 6 Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Renew, Minor Ward). 15 Juice.] (Ward-8) Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.5xp, 1 AP Banked} [ 6 Combat / 4 Defense / 11 (of 12) Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer). 0 Juice.] (Ward-8) Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Groove, Scroll: Regenerate

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits / Attack. Special: Calcium Enriched, Dance Fighting.]

Lesser Uncroaked L07: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L08: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L10: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L11: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L13: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L14: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L15: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L16: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 9 (of 14) Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Portal Unit Stats
Bone Dagron : [20 Combat / 10 Defense / 55 (of 350) Hits / Strike. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Burninate ]

Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L02: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L04: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L05: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L06: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Skeletal Champion Bw3 : Warrior { Lvl 1 } [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 10 (of 22) Hits / Attack. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Heavy]

Burninate : Deal 3d6 to all units in a 3x3 square area. Ignores defense. Once used, cannot be used again for 2 turns.

Results
William declares Mighty Blow x2
Improved Leadership & Dance Fighting Stack (Green Man group): Tod, L05, L07, L08, L10, L11, L14, Sk-1 (+8 / +8)
Dance Fighting Stack (Blue Man group): L12, L13, L15, L16 (+2 / +2)
Dance Fighting Stack (Redman group): Yellow L01, Yellow L02, Yellow L03, Yellow L04, Yellow L05, Yellow L06 (+3 / +3)

20:Bone Dagron : Attack @ Red LU05
Roll : 8. 28 Combat - (5 Defense + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting) = 15 Hits. Target dusted.

Skeletal Champion Bw1 : Respawns @ L09
Skeletal Champion Bw3 : Respawns @ N09
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L02 : Respawns @ M09
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L04 : Respawns @ L10
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L05 : Respawns @ M10
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L06 : Respawns @ N10

15:Rolf : Move S8->R7->N7->M8; Attack @ BW3
Roll : 6. 21 Combat - (9 Defense) = 12 Hits. (BW3:10)

14:William : Fire @ BW2
Roll : 8. 22 Combat + 6 Mighty Blow - (18 Defense) = 10 Hits. (BW2:2)

11:Yuri : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 10. 21 Combat - (10 Defense) = 11 Hits. (Dagron:135)

9:Tod : Moves to J10, Strike @ Yellow LU1, Lunge @ BW1
Roll : 8. 17 Combat + 4 Leadership + 3 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 3 Dance Fighting) = 16 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 2 XP.
Roll : 6. 15 Combat + 4 Leadership + 3 Dance Fighting - (9 Defense) = 13 Hits. (BW1:9)

8:Cupid : Fire @ Yellow L03
Roll : 6. 14 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 7 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 2 XP.

8:T. Coil : Hoboken @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 9. 17 Combat = 17 Hits. (Dagron:118)

8:Skeletal Champion Bw1 : Move to K8, Attack @ Red L12
Roll : 8. 16 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 9 Hits. (L12:5)

8:Skeletal Champion Bw2 : Moves to E1, Attack @ Bill
Roll : 10. 18 Combat - (4 Defense) = Ward destroyed. 6 Hits. (Bill:3)

8:Skeletal Champion Bw3 : Moves O8->O7->J2->I2; Attack @ L16
Roll : 4. 12 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 5 Hits. (L16:9)

6:Bill : Move to A4, Scroll: Revitalize @ Bill
Bill gains 8 Hits. (Bill:11)

6:Triage : Move to A7, Cast Minor Ward @ Bill
Bill gains (Ward-8).

5: Yellow L02 : Move to N10->O9->O7->N6->K6

5: Yellow L04 : Move to K9; Attack @ L12
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + 2 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 6 Hits. Target dusted.

5: Yellow L05 : Move to N10->O9->O7->K3

5: Yellow L06 : Move to O9->O7->J2

(Blue Man Group : Portal Duty)

5:L12 : Attack @ BW1
Roll : 11. 16 Combat + 2 Dance Fighting - (9 Defense) = 9 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 4 XP.

5:L13 : Move to E3->D2; Attack @ BW2
Roll : 7. 12 Combat + 2 Dance Fighting - (9 Defense) = 5 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 4 XP.

5:L15 : Move to D8

5:L16 : Move to D5

(Green Man Group : Dagron Duty)

5:L07 : Moves to Y7, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 11. 16 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 13 Hits. (Dagron: 105)

5:L08 : Moves to U10, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 7. 12 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 9 Hits. (Dagron: 96)

5:L10 : Moves to V8, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 4. 9 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 6 Hits. (Dagron: 90)

5:L11 : Moves to V7, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 10. 15 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 12 Hits. (Dagron: 78)

5:L14 : Moves to V9, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 8. 13 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 10 Hits. (Dagron: 68)

5:Sk-1 : Moves to W7, Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 11. 16 Combat + 3 Dance Fighting + 4 Leadership - (10 Defense) = 13 Hits. (Dagron: 55)
As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:10 am

Will the uncroaked croak after we croak the dagron?
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 am

MarbitChow wrote:9:Tod : Moves to J10, Strike @ Yellow LU1, Lunge @ BW1
Roll : 8. 17 Combat + 4 Leadership + 3 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 3 Dance Fighting) = 16 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 2 XP.

Don't I still get Leadership's +1 XP bonus to my croaks?

Time to counter the 'divide and conquer' strategy. The dagron just opened up a spot in Green man group and I am dropping Sk1 and L08 from it to create two more slots. (We just lost 14 damage on the dagron next round.) These 3 slots are going to be filled with the survivors of blue man group.

Unfortunately, the defense line's current positions leave a one row hole right at the top of the map. Our best option for closing it is to try to argue MarbitChow into reconjuring L15 and L16 into D9 and D6. (All the arguments I can think of at the moment boil down to, "Surely we're more competent than to leave such a weakness right next to an enemy respawn point." (Don't worry about the other gap this opens up, I'm pretty sure of being able to close it.)) Our second best option is to try to get either Tod or Rolf into one of the spaces that fills that gap before the bone champions can act. Unfortunately, that strategy can be prevented by the enemy respawning in such a way as to place a bone champion in I9. (We can get around a Lesser spawning in I9 by first having Will mighty blow away yellow L04.(Needs a roll of 3 from Will and for him to move to where L04 doesn't receive cover from anything respawning at H.) Then Rolf attacks the theorectical lesser in I9. (He'll need a 7 to dust. I'd do this with my bonuses for a better chance of success, but Rolf's starting position means that he can't get to the hole if something pops in G9.) This gives me a narrow pathway to get to either D9, E9 or F9 even if other enemies spawn in G9 or H9.) Our 3rd best option for plugging that hole is to see if Cupid can make it there before the Bone champions do. (If Cupid does have to act as part of the defense, he WILL need healing from both Bill and Triage during this round.)
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:46 am

OOC Dont Forget another possibility, if Bill has a juice or a juice potion we have bodies in C10 & E10 that will plug the gap. Have we used our bone puppeteer scroll ? /OOC

OOC {EDIT} Marbit can either Triage or T.Coil pass their potion to Bill and him drink it in the one action ? Or is that 2 seperate actions ?
I believe you said it was possible to feed a player a heal potion does this also stand for a juice potion ? /OOC
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games