Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 am

What type of tablet are you using?
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am

Samsung galaxy. It has 3g on it so I can do stuff but based on a really slow connection.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

Is it a problem of timing out the connection, so that when you try and submit a reply, it glitches? maybe you could write it in a note on the tablet, then copy-paste?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Thinking on it, last time I had a couple other things on which took up available speed, like facebooj, so if I shut off everything else when making a post then hopefully it should be fine. Shall test it out soon.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm

MONIES HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GAME DUE TO INACTIVITY
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 pm

So wait, none of us have any money anymore? That's gonna complicate matters.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 pm

What is monies? Some type of moneymancer tomfoolery?
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby Kaed » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am

I can't tell if you guys are clueless and my joke fell flat or you're just messing with me...
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am

Well I think it was actually (perhaps unintentionally) a joke with a double meaning. But I got both meanings haha
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 pm

I was just messing with you. Best way to counter a gag targeted on you. Also makes me love my username even more.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm

I was responding in a joking manner to LoM's joke

since the game uses 'schmuckers' not 'money' to represent something's monetary value :P
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Someone told a joke?

No-one laughed at my fish thing.
LTDave

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:27 am

Probably because nobody understood it.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 pm

That 'fish thing' might have been funny if I understood the context... if there is one.
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah, well. A quick google search indicates that what to me was a well known remark froma relatively famous film has not made its way onto the interwebs.

Of course, I can't remember the name of the movie myself. In it, Eddie Murphy? is trying to sell a company to a Japanese businessman at a very reasonable price. The businessman is suspicious of not being bilked, and tells a story about his father working in the fish markets of [insert japanese fishing town here].
The story caps with the businessman turning to to Eddie Murphy? and asking "What is wrong with this fish?"

For all the gaps in my memory of this event, the line has become one of my standby adages, to mean "This deal is suspiciously reasonable. What don't I understand."

In that context, my remark will perhaps be amusing to Kaed and Lord of Monies. Or not.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 am

And probably not Eddie Murphy, on further reflection. But someone of that ilk.
LTDave

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Well, I'm back now and will make a post soon once I've settled back in and checked other stuff that I've missed.
Lord of Monies

Postby Exate » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am

I really need to apologize to the other players, and to Kaed, who has been patient and flexible throughout this game. My recent absence was unplanned, and I could make excuses for it, but it's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that it's only the latest of a series of instances where I drop unexpectedly off the forums for days (or in this case, almost two weeks) at a time. While I enjoy the heck out of this game and feel like I've done a great job with it during the time when I'm actually here, in the end a game that's actually being played is always superior to one that is not- so no matter how good of a player I am, in the end I likely worsen the game by occupying a player position which could be held by someone reliably present.

Also I didn't show up until after I got a PM from Kaed telling me that I was out, so there's that too. I can probably arrange to hand off my PM records to whoever is in line to pick up the side so they shouldn't have too much trouble keeping things rolling- there's a massive pile of details accumulated at this point which it would be a shame to lose.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby NexAngelus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

A space you say?
NexAngelus

Postby Kaed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Are you sure, exate? Your deadline was actually today to get back. I have not handed off your side yet, but I was planning to later today. That was just a notice I sent to you explaining the situation - I honestly didn't think you would show up at this point.

But it's your decision. You can resume the game or let someone else take the spot.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games