Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame Take 3 - Recruitment

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 am

Exate wrote:[Scout's Move is too low]

You make good points there. I deleted the bit about their natural thinkamancy having a max range, but what you pointed out is the importance of that (Flight-type scouts have shorter Thinkamancy ranges). I will put it back in.

I believe the Battlecrap special is D-Class.

Thanks, I changed that and forgot to note it in my list of "common sense changes". Since it's only 4 points, and it's benefit is similar to dance-fighting, leadership, and frightening, I feel it makes sense to have it as a Complex special instead. Thoughts on that everyone?

[Problems with Improved [Unit] & Improved [Stat]

Yeah, I left Improved [Unit] without a number on the bonus for that precise reason. It is definitely a Flavor that requires Titan consultation, so I will specifically note that.

[Other "housekeeping" notes]

Yeah most of this was stuff I noticed and just haven't added in yet. Like I said in my post, collecting/proofreading everything is still a work in progress...and a lot more time-consuming than you'd expect (especially when ur family and bf keep distracting you lolol)

Nihila, Resource Points (and the Wharf, which I just realized I left out) now pop instantly at the same time as the city is built or upgraded. I will add detail about this to the rules. All other upgrades (lookout tower, fortress, ect) are still constructed the old way, and we are still using the 3 upgrades/level limit (which resource points count against). And I believe we are allowing roads and lookout towers to be built in "neutral" territory.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 am

Exate wrote:I don't think it would be inappropriate to tweak them so that there's only one Scout unit, with base move of 8 or so and the option of buy the Flight and (Terrain) Capability specials using its 4 points.

I like this idea, and think that giving them flying as a 4 point ability and terrain capable as a 2 would give you can option to make a really weak flying unit or an a even sacrifice all movement specials to make the scout almost infantry. Also make them pop in half stacks per city level like the archers. .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3. The other base infantry pop 1 2 3 4 6 stacks. I listened to you. The bonus to stats will maybe come with flavor points. They will all have a range of 8 and 6 move now.

Also think I'm going to limit bonus loose to twice your city level. Aka three times the normal stocks.

And Nil - The resource points can either be purchased via flavor points instantly, or built manually using time or dirtamancy. Does that help?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 am

Kaed wrote:Also make them pop in half stacks per city level like the archers. .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3. The other base infantry pop 1 2 3 4 6 stacks. I listened to you. The bonus to stats will maybe come with flavor points.

These popping rates are even faster than Exate's original suggestion which I put into the rules doc...would you like me to change it, or keep them as stabber/piker with 0.5 1 2 3 4 and archer/scout with 0.25 0.5 1 2 3 ?

Kaed wrote:And Nil - The resource points can either be purchased via flavor points instantly, or built manually using time or dirtamancy. Does that help?

Oooooh this makes me happy :)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

Kaed wrote:I like this idea, and think that giving them flying as a 4 point ability and terrain capable as a 2 would give you can option to make a really weak flying unit or an a even sacrifice all movement specials to make the scout almost infantry.

This seems a bit underpowered, given the base move of infantry is 5, and many of our Specials have move well over 10, I think that the scouts need a boost to their base move. Everything else is perfect with the flight and terrain specials.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Okay, the rules SHOULD be up to date now.
I have excluded Magic, as that will go into a separate document, and Combat/Experience/Leveling has been left out for now because I'm not sure how Kaed has intended to handle those things (or if he even intends us to know the mechanics)
Again, I made minor "common sense" additions and adjustments:
  • The "Courtier Bonus" was previously vague, I have now cemented to a concrete stat that increases schmucker production.
  • I clarified what the Ruler and Chief Warlord can do, based on the wiki.
  • Added the Wharf as a flavor-point-only upgrade, at the cost of 2 FP because it produces income slightly higher than a farm, and pops units.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Am I too late to apply for this? There's a fair bit of topic to read through which I will, but wanna ask anyway to cut to the chase.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Yes I believe so. I will defer to our 2 Titans (Kaed and Balerion) for the final say, but I understand the cap was 4 players, and the map has already been made so we're starting any time now.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:56 pm

I'll hold on hope, but if I am late then dammit. Maybe a compromise? I could be a barbarian force as that shouldn't add a ton more. Not come across any barbarian rules yet, but not been looking long either.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 am

Update. Finishing the map, waiting to hear back from the other Titan about something.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't know if Kaed has private messaged you Monies, but based on his post I'm going to assume it's too late to join. Sorry buddy, this is still a beta test so I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

0beron wrote:I don't know if Kaed has private messaged you Monies, but based on his post I'm going to assume it's too late to join. Sorry buddy, this is still a beta test so I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road.

I've indeed talked to him privately and came to an agreement. : ) He will not be playing a fifth side but rather 'The Jillian'.

He may end up working for any of you, I will try my best to place him roughly in the middle of all of you., and by the time he finds someone you will likely be able to afford a mercenary group.

Or just croak him, the filthy unwashed barbarian. :v
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh very cool :p Well I'll certainly look forward to encountering him in-game :D So excited to starrrrrt! (yes, I know you're waiting on Bal and going as fast as you can) :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 pm

As am I! Very happy that an agreement was possible for me to be here now. As a beta, I figure it makes sense to test out a barbarian side for it too just to see what happens. This shall be awesome.
Lord of Monies

Postby The Colonel » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Still a mercenary company needs a name.

A turn ago, a crack commando unit was sentenced to disbanding for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the the Magic Kingdom. Today, still wanted by that side, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o
Last edited by The Colonel on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Colonel

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Done all that stuff today. Kaed has all the details.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Haha, I love the backstory idea Colonel :p
For anyone who is interested, I've added a little more flavor to my side, a few of the units (most notably, my queen) have hyperlinks to images now :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:44 am

So, kaed, map's ready, What are you waiting for, what are you waiting for? Do I get to start on an island?
The Colonel

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm

So I've been reading through the alpha topic of this game and come across this.

It allows you to send a caster to the Magic Kingdom to do things like

ERROR 404 - Could not find folder ErfGame/Alpha/Rules/Magic Kingdom.

Huh, whoops. I guess there are no rules for the Magic Kingdom yet in this version, save how how much a portal costs.

Probably a good idea, because giving access to a vast pool of nigh unlimited casters requires some heavy thought on how to manage it.

Maybe in the beta version :)

Well, this being the beta, I was wondering if this had been brought up and discussed yet or not.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 am

Yeah just disregard that. We'll be developing that as we get there, since portals don't appear until level 3 cities, and even then we will likely not have enough schmuckers to afford mercenary casting. Consider that in the entire comic, the only side that uses mercenary casting is Charlie, and Wanda bought ONE scroll.

No offense to the Titans, but Monies you have no idea how long we've been waiting to start. I REALLY don't want to delay even more to create these rules, cus they're not at all important. We will develop them as we go, thats what a beta is for :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:42 am

The Colonel wrote:So, kaed, map's ready, What are you waiting for?

The weekend :) Wanted enough time to give you all a nice first turn. Keep an eye on your inboxes today and tomorrow.

Lord of Monies wrote:Well, this being the beta, I was wondering if this had been brought up and discussed yet or not.

OH NOES. WE'LL JUST HAVE TO DELAY A WEEK MORE TO FIX THIS NOW.

But, in general it will be done in a case by case basis. Just keep something in mind.

Say you're living in a magical bubble kingdom where only other members of your exalted mystical heritage can come. You spend your time contemplating the universe and other philosophical stuff. But at the same time, you've got something other people, people in that dirty commoner world through the portal, want. And will empty their treasury into your smug, greedy hands for.

Wouldn't you take advantage of it?

(tl;dr - MK casters are expensive)

Oberon, down. Be nice to the other players or I'll give you a Mathamancer. >_>
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games