Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame Take 3 - Recruitment

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 am

Sooooooo when do we start!?

Speaking of which, what will you be using for starting conditions? Those rules we're working off of have you start with just the Ruler and a 10k purse, but I've seen games alter that.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:11 pm

0beron wrote:Sooooooo when do we start!?

Speaking of which, what will you be using for starting conditions? Those rules we're working off of have you start with just the Ruler and a 10k purse, but I've seen games alter that.

You start with only a level one city and your ruler avatar. From there things pick up.

We start when we hear from exate and our assistance GM is ready.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Kaed wrote:You start with only a level one city and your ruler avatar. From there things pick up.

Anything in the treasury? And will we be choosing our city location? (given a small field of view around our starting location to pick from of course)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

0beron wrote:Anything in the treasury? And will we be choosing our city location? (given a small field of view around our starting location to pick from of course)

Your treasury begins at 0, and from there accumulates every turn. The early game consists mostly of popping a few units and exploration of your local surroundings. Maybe building a farm or such.

Then your treasury hits 5k and you can upgrade your city, letting you make warlords and really get the ball rolling.

Still waiting for exate.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:35 am

Sorry for the delay, all- was traveling this weekend and did not have a lot of time for gaming.

Side note, we probably all need our points/builds audited- with some of the rules shifting around it looks like at least some of the units others have posted are using holdover values and the math on some of our units may not be right.

Side: The Sandmen
Favored Terrain: Desert

Sand Warrior (Stabber-class Infantry, 30): 5/6/2/5, Desert-Capable
Swift to strike, for there is no greater hymn to the Titans than the screams of their enemies upon the dunes.

City Guard (Piker-class Infantry, 20): 7/3/6/5, Garrison, Desert-Capable
Guards alone amongst all the Sandmen are popped to protect what is theirs rather than strike the enemy; they are stubborn in battle and stubbornly prideful to match.

Desert Archer (Archer-class Infantry, 30): 5/9/0/5, Garrison, Ranged, Desert-Capable
Quick to fire, quick to kill, quick to die.

Djinni (Scout-class Infantry, 30): 3/0/0/8, Flight, Scout-6, Jinn Stealth, Desert-Capable
Capricious and elusive spirits, least of their kind, no more than bearers of visions and whispers.

Fedaykin (Knight-class Infantry, 90+10/level): 13/10/5/5, Rider, Fate Sense, Desert-Capable
They read their lives like a book, fighting their battles from pop to croak along the uncompromising strands of Fate.
[Note that I have written in the Fate Sense ability that we previously discussed here as their single allowed 3-point special- obviously at half the cost originally discussed it will not be as effective, but like many other abilities it's ultimately just another Natural Magic. I don't intend to muck about with juice values here. If this is a problem please let me know; in that case I'll just take another +2 Combat and +1 Defense and apply flavor.]

Fremen (Knight-class Special A, 60+10/level): 11/8/4/6, Rider, Desert-Capable
Blue eyes merciless as the desert skies, knives not sheathed until the enemy lies croaked on the sand.

Ebony Horse (Beast-class Special B, 60+10/level): 8/2/2/30, Mount, Flying, Speed Boost x4, Desert-Capable
Each of them a swift work of art upon the winds.

Ifrit (Knight-class Special C, 120+20/level): 12/6/6/10, Flying, Ranged, Jinn Stealth, Speed Boost, Fabrication, Desert-Capable
Skilled craftsmen of the unseen jinn, conjuring deadly armaments for use against all the Sandmen's foes.

Shai-Hulud (Beast-Class Special D, 300+50/level): 16/12 (24)/4/19, Heavy, Mount, Siege, Burrowing, Tremorsense, Battlecrap, Speed Boost+, Desert-Capable
Grandfather of the desert, devouring all from below.

Dhow (Ship-class Sloop, 60): 6/2/3/8/[8], Water-Bound
Small, speedy vessels popped to bear the Sandmen across the seas.

Corsair (Ship-class Galley, 90): 8/6/3/8/[16], Ranged, Water-Bound
Larger and deadlier, suited to bring stacks of Sandmen into battle and sink enemy vessels.

Marid (Knight-Class Galleon, 130): 10/11/11/8, Ranged, Jinn Stealth, Water-Bound
Malicious and powerful jinn who lurk beneath the waves and delight in the desperate struggles of the drowned.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am

Very good point, I just checked over my units and happily found only one error, but I wouldn't have caught it otherwise :p

My side is finalized....well, the Prodigies still may get a minor tweak, but it will be a while before I can pop them anyway.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Been taking a look at the city and popping rules. Kaed, you might want to go over the popping rates and when each class of unit becomes available before we get started, given the way that things are currently structured. My assessment for beneficial tweaks would be the following:
-Bring the pop times for knights and the various special units into the proper order. That is, a knight is currently somewhere between a Special A/B and a Special C in power and upkeep cost; it should therefore be somewhere between them in pop time as well.
-The pop time gaps between the units are absurd in several cases, particularly the relative gaps for Special A/B and Special C as compared to that between Special C and Special D. There should be consistency throughout; if a relatively narrow gap in power/cost means a large gap in pop time, then the pop times of D should be significantly greater than that of C, which should be significantly greater than knights, which should be significantly greater than A/B, which should be significantly greater than infantry. If a narrow gap in power does not mean a large gap in pop time, then units should have relatively similar pop times throughout.
-Personally I'd make the lower-level infantry units pop much faster relative to the higher-level units to encourage a situation where there are vastly more of them on the field, but that's just me.
Exate

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Agreed, the popping rates need some tweaking I think.
Also I don't think there is really any material on leveling, so how is that going to work? What kind of stat increases happen? Obviously I understand if the XP rates and whatnot will be secret from us, since Erfians don't know precisely when they'll level, but if the upkeep is gonna increase then their stats should as well.

Neither of these are really issues that a 1st level city/early game is affected by though, so definitely go ahead and start, and we'll iron those things out as they come up.

Also, on a semi-related note, I'm gonna be basically bobbing with excitement and anticipation until we start...and once we do, it will be just from excitement :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Are you waiting on anything from us anymore Kaed, or are you still working things out with Balerion? Just want to make sure we haven't missed anything, I know my side is finalized.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Just some final talks with Bal :) We'll probably start tomorrow.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Yaaaaaay can't wait!!!!!!!! :D
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh, and it's come to my attention some of you have exceeded or fallen short of your allotted points for units. Especially the special ones please double check your stats for me. One of you even has a D special that is apparently 10 points over limit. I'm going to assume these are math mistakes and not an attempt to cheat, so I'm not going to point any fingers. Just take a close look at what you have before we start! :)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Okay, I caught 2 more math errors (both with my Hits, since it's 1.5 points) but everything is now perfectly finalized. Keep in mind that my unit's stats are including all benefits from specials, so if they have a special that improves Combat or Move, it is already calculated into their stats. Also the Prodigy and Pop-Star both have specials which grant other specials for free (Rhymoancers are all Dance-fighters, and Sonic Breath grants Siege for free)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 pm

0beron wrote:Keep in mind that my unit's stats are including all benefits from specials, so if they have a special that improves Combat or Move, it is already calculated into their stats.
We should probably make a standard rule for formatting benefits like that. See how Nihila did this?
Nihila wrote:D: Earth Master: 16-4(12)-4-3(9); Knight-type; Limited Dirtamancy; Leadership; Dance-Fighting; Ranged; Toxin; Lighting Breath; Speed Boost
The 4(12) in combat is, presumably, including +4 from Dance-Fighting and +8 from Lightning Breath... although I'm not sure that the math there works out, and I don't think they all pop with all their abilities, so maybe that needs checking. Likewise the 3(9) in speed reflects +6 from Speed Boost.

I didn't use parantheticals except on Shai-Hulud, which in that case denoted its Combat value against ground units. The Speed Boost and Speed Boost+ abilities were just included in my stat blocks. After accounting for that, I don't see any errors in my point values so if someone could point out any that they see in my units that would be much appreciated. I know I'm using a couple nonstandard abilities, so there is the chance of some confusion and I may have made a mistake somewhere.
Exate

Postby Nihila » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Oh--I never included the combat bonus for Dance-Fighting. Reasonable with my D-unit, since not all of them will pop with it, but I need to revise my C-unit to reflect its actual power... I'll revise that to reflect things more accurately.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm

...why wouldn't all of your D's pop with Dance-fighting? It's not like the Archons who have multiple simple-mancies so they manifest randomly.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:05 am

The bracket one is my attack with lightning!
The Colonel

Postby Nihila » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 am

0beron wrote:...why wouldn't all of your D's pop with Dance-fighting? It's not like the Archons who have multiple simple-mancies so they manifest randomly.
Fair point. Okay, here I'll repost my units, in the following format:

Name (Type): Hits-Attack(with non-Dance-Fighting specials)[with all specials]-Defense-Move(with Speed Boosts); Specials. (Points into Hits)-(Points into Attack)-(Points into Defense)-(Points into Move); (Points into Specials).

Hopefully this'll make checking my stats a bit easier, if I've made any mistakes, it'll show in the numbers here.

Rock Armour (Stabber): 5-4-4-5; Mountain Capable. (+0)-(+2)-(+2)-(+0); (+0).
--Obsidian Crippler (Stabber promoted to Knight): 5-10-4-5; Rider; Toxin; Mountain Capable. 11 points in Knight spent on Attack-->6 points added to Attack. Rider and Toxin bought for Knight-->added to promoted units.
Tunnel Guard (Piker): 7-4-5-5; Garrison; Mountain Capable. (+0)-(+2)-(+2)-(+0); (+0; +0).
--Lurking Crippler (Piker promoted to Knight): 7-10-5-5; Rider; Toxin; Garrison; Mountain Capable. 11 points in Knight spent on Attack-->6 points added to Attack. Rider and Toxin bought for Knight-->added to promoted units.
Dark Moon Hunter (Archer): 5-8-1-5; Ranged; Garrison; Mountain Capable. (+0)-(+3)-(+1)-(+0); (+0; +0; +0).
--Dark Crippler Assassin (Archer promoted to Knight): 5-14-1-5; Ranged; Rider; Toxin; Garrison; Mountain Capable. 11 points in Knight spent on Attack-->6 points added to Attack. Rider and Toxin bought for Knight-->added to promoted units.
Eagew Eye (Scout): 3-0-1-10; Scout Range=6; Flight; Mountain Capable. (+0)-(+0)-(+1)-(+3); (+0; +0; +0).
Earthen Crippler (Knight): 10-14-3-5; Rider; Toxin. (+0)-(+11)-(+0)-(+0); (+0; +3).

Atalian Horse (A-special; Beast-type): 8-2-2-6(36); Mount; Speed Boost x5. (+0)-(+0)-(+0)-(+0); (+2; +2*5).
Dirt Mover (B-special; Knight-type): 8-3-2-6; Builder; Surveyor; Ranged; Toxin; Fabrication. (+0)-(+1)-(+0)-(+0); (+2; +2; +2; +2; +3).
Death Harper (C-special; Knight-type): 12-9[13]-3-4; Leadership; Dance-Fighting; Ranged; Toxin. (+0)-(+6)-(+0)-(+0); (+4; +4; +2; +2).
Earth Master (D-special; Knight-type): 16-4(12)[16]-4-3(9); Limited Dirtamancy; Lightning Breath; Leadership; Dance-Fighting; Ranged; Toxin; Speed Boost. (+0)-(+0)-(+0)-(+0); (+6; +6; +4; +4; +2; +2; +2)

Clay Racer (A-ship): 6-2-2-9-8; Water-Bound (i.e., Water Capable but stuck in Water). (+0)-(+0)-(+0)-(+5); +0C (+0).
Porcelain Transport (B-ship): 8-3-3-7-24; Water-Bound. (+0)-(+0)-(+0)-(+2); +8C (+0).
Steel Murder (C-ship): 10-21-5-5-32; Ranged; Water-Bound. (+0)-(+16)-(+0)-(+2); +2C (+2; +0).

Actually, there were a few mistakes in these units, but I think they're fixed now. If anyone else would post their units in this format, I'll happily check over their stats (and I hope they'd check these!).
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am

Units reposted, without fluff. Stats in parenthesis include the bonus from all specials, because none of my specials are conditional like battlecwap.
0beron wrote:Morlock Wells
Ruler: Queen Victoria Verne
Livery: Black & White with Red trim.
Favored Terrain: Mountains

Units:
(I am choosing the Mountain Terrain Capability for my side, so all units have this special)
Infantry
  • Artisan (Stabber) - 8/4/2/5
  • Bouncer (Piker) - 10/2/5/5/garrison
  • Arbalist (Archer) - 5/8/1/5/garrison, ranged
  • Bird’s Eye (Scout) - 3/1/1/9/flight, scout
  • Mechanic (Knight)- 10/10/8/7/flying

Specials
  • Engineer (A): 8/2/3/6(18)/Knight-type, Builder, Surveyor, Fabrication (Speed x2)
  • Dwaco-mech (B): 11/3/3/6(18)/Beast-type, Mount-2, Flight (Speed x2)
  • Prodigy (C): 12/3(7)/3/4(10)/Knight-type, Flight, Ranged, Leadership, Simple-Rhymomancy, Dance-fighting, Healer (Speed)
  • Pop-Star (D): 22/4(10)/10/3(19)/Beast-type, Mount-3, Flight, Ranged, Siege, Sonic Breath (Speed+)
Last edited by 0beron on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 am

Infantry
Stabber Class
Rookie
The wave of raw recruits that make up any army
HP 6, Attack 6, defense 2, Move 7,

Piker Class
Garrison Troops
Much more specialize soldiers, given better armour to protect the garrison. They rarely venture forth from there.
HP 7, Attack 4, Defense 6, Move 6,

Archer Class
Marksman
Highly trained and lightly armored marksmen.
HP 5, Attack 8, Defense 2, Move 6, Special - Archery

Scout Class
Steam Scout
Well trained light infantry, wearing a steam powered backpack that allows them the ability of flight. It makes them incapable of carrying much in terms of weapons or armour.
HP 6, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 9, Special - Fly, Special - scout range 6

Knight Class
Super-soldier
highly trained and highly augmented soldiers.
13 HP, Attack 9, Defense 9, Speed 5, specials - Rider, Ranged

Special
Special A
Commissioned-Officer
We do everything.
HP 5, Attack 3, Defense 3, Move 6, Special - Builder, fabrication, Surveyor, Leadership

Special B
Airborne-Trooper
Using recently uncovered ancient technology, distributed to experienced soldiers.
HP 8, Attack 5, Defense 5, Move 8, Special - Flight, Ranged

Special C
Displacer
Small and well balanced though not carrying much in terms of equipment
HP 12, Attack 7, Defense 8, Move 7, Special- Ranged, Siege, Mount

Special D
Heavy Weapons Platform
The ultimate weapon, fast, powerful, large and carrying enough firepower to smash small cities
HP 16, Attack 11(19), Defense 9, Speed 8, Special- Ranged, Siege, Lightning, Mount

Ships
Sloop
Searanger
A basic fast transport craft with some minor armaments
HP 6, Attack 1, Defense 3, Speed 10, Cargo 8, Special- Water capable

Galley
Leviathan
An average craft nearly capable of equaling the Searanger's speed but with double the capacity
HP 8, Attack 8, Defense 7, Speed 8, Cargo 16, Special- Water capable, Ranged

Galleon
Avenger
A large, well armed and slow craft
HP 13, Attack 12, Defense 12, Speed 6, Cargo 32, Special- Water capable, Ranged

Ignore my last one, this is the final version. Minus special bonusus
The Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games