Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 pm

0beron wrote:As for an NPC Archon, no need yet I don't think. We want to take the abandoned city site soon, and we'll need to be a single stack for that. Once we have "Ground One", then I think we can split into 2 led stacks.

I agree we want one strong stack to take the abandoned city. I meant popping an Archon now so we can pop other stack fillers in preparation for the eventual split into 2 stacks. I know it will need upkeep for little or no use but it will also take time to fill out 2 stacks and we may have employment for it as a corpse dragger soon. We're missing a popping opportunity each turn, if we don't take it.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Ah that is a good point...if we're limited to only 1 pop a turn. Because it costs us schmuckers outright to pop units instead of taking time like in Erfworld, I assumed we'd be able to pop as many as we have money for in a turn. So once BLAND clarifies that (or if I missed something in the rules) then we can decide. If we do only get one a turn, I agree on popping a second Archon now.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:So anyways, Bee eats Cow and gains 48XP raising it to 50/100XP.

Shouldn't this be 60/100 since the MCDuo fight gave it 12?

0beron wrote:So, next turn we take the Barbarians, and move on to the Abandoned City?

The way I set up our position for this turn, we have the choice next turn between hitting the barbarians and the house placed 3 hexes away from our capital. I'm going to vote for moving on the house instead of the Barbs. (Note: I can still use my and Bob Enweave's post-fight move to reach the the GBDuo fight if we choose either the barbarians or the house, but the increased party rejoin movement reqs on the turn after might limit our target choices. (We'll be able to reach the city with all 8 of us, but certain target hexes that might show themselves when our position changes will be out of reach.) We can reach the ruins hex and both stacks of wolves from the house.)

Werebiscuit wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Ok-dokey. Incidentally, what perk did you select, Werebiscuit? (Options are, Leadership, Nat Armor, Fleet Foot).
I'll ask the others before deciding. My instinct is to take Nat Armor but leadership would give us the option of 2 stacks to fill out with NPC's and go off to do separate tasks. So I'll give the rest a say. Unless you want an answer immediately.
I'm going to suggest natural armor. We just got a second manager with leadership when EtheBoyce leveled.
Swodaems

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm

I will take the Nat Armor upgrade, also sorry about not posting much, internet is down at my residence
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Swodaems wrote:The way I set up our position for this turn, we have the choice next turn between hitting the barbarians and the house placed 3 hexes away from our capital. I'm going to vote for moving on the house instead of the Barbs.

Before we decide on the next turn, we need a map update (which I assume BLAND is working on) because I'm not sure we're on the same page about where we are.
But I'm still going to vote we take the abandoned city asap...if we're strong enough to split up, we're strong enough to take on 6 units when we're together (especially seeing as I expect some more of us could level from the smaller stack of Barbs before the city-cite...?) Income is way more important than the wild units. (Keep in mind that once we DO split up, we need to level up the NPC units we take with us, which the Wild units will be useful for)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

0beron wrote:But I'm still going to vote we take the abandoned city asap...if we're strong enough to split up, we're strong enough to take on 6 units when we're together (especially seeing as I expect some more of us could level from the smaller stack of Barbs before the city-cite...?) Income is way more important than the wild units. (Keep in mind that once we DO split up, we need to level up the NPC units we take with us, which the Wild units will be useful for)

I don't think we're actually strong enough to split up quite yet. We need to be able to clear out units either without dying, or by using NPCs as fodder. Taking out the wild Barbarian could, over 4 turns, give us 4 mounts if I figured correctly, so with boosted leadership, support, and healers, that stack should be able to take the city and, if we lose the NPC mounts, no big loss. Heck, we might even want to factor that into the plan so that the survivors get more XP.

I'd like the house to be our next target, no matter what we do afterwards. It's too close to the city if it's hostile, and if it's friendly, we can certainly use whatever help it grants.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Ok you make fair points Marbit, I like the NPC Mounts as possible fodder idea (although I'd rather have them survive if possible) So I'm ok with going to the House. AFTER that though I think the 4-Barbs need to be next so we can work on that plan and go for the city-site.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 pm

0beron wrote:Ok you make fair points Marbit, I like the NPC Mounts as possible fodder idea (although I'd rather have them survive if possible) So I'm ok with going to the House. AFTER that though I think the 4-Barbs need to be next so we can work on that plan and go for the city-site.

If we go house next, then the stack of 4 wolves near the house might be better targets for slaughtering with intent to create mounts. They'll be closer to us, give us more exp for croaking and will be just as useful for making grillphons as the barbarians would be. (Bland, do corpses persist if not moved or held?)
Swodaems

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:56 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Incidentally, did anyone notice something odd about that Mad Cow?
You mean how the Mad Cow managed to nerf the XP I need to get next level?

Hmm? What do you mean by that?

Werebiscuit wrote:Actually I thought BLAND meant how the Dementia it caused actually had no effect....but that could be because I'm still not sure I understand combat.

That still isn't it. (Dementia caused no functional effect since, although it reduced Swodaems' Manager's combat, it didn't significantly change combat order.)

Hint: look at the Hitpoints.

Swodaems wrote:(Bland, do corpses persist if not moved or held?)

Nope.

Swodaems wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:So anyways, Bee eats Cow and gains 48XP raising it to 50/100XP.

Shouldn't this be 60/100 since the MCDuo fight gave it 12?

Oops, right you are.

0beron wrote:So once BLAND clarifies that (or if I missed something in the rules) then we can decide. If we do only get one a turn, I agree on popping a second Archon now.

I'll go with Disciples here. Pop as many as you wish and can afford.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:02 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Hmm? What do you mean by that?
Just being snarky; you listed my XP as 23/100, and it should be 23/40, correct?
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Hint: look at the Hitpoints.
So, why did the Mad Cow start with 10 of 12 Hits? Couldn't pay its upkeep?
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:21 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Hmm? What do you mean by that?
Just being snarky; you listed my XP as 23/100, and it should be 23/40, correct?

Yep. Fixed it.

MarbitChow wrote:

The Bear didn't seem to have that problem ...

EDIT:

By popular demand, the current map-

Spoiler: show
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:The Bear didn't seem to have that problem ...

So either the Mad Cow was diseased or... the Bear has a treasury! Quick, cut open the bear and search for gems! Wait - who ate the bear again? They must have eaten the gems! Cut them open and search for gems!
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Ok so on our next turn, we can't actually reach the House...but if we still wanna head that way then so be it.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 pm

MarbitChow wrote:

Am I going to start losing 2 hits every turn because it attacked me? (Did the NPC Jolly Bee that ate it just get a severe case of prions?)

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I'll go with Disciples here. Pop as many as you wish and can afford.
Okay, we'll end turn and then move on the house. I'll head off for the GB duo after the group moves.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 am

0beron wrote:Ok so on our next turn, we can't actually reach the House...but if we still wanna head that way then so be it.

Unless someones move is less than 10 we can reach the house. With 14 move my Grillphon can even split to carry Swodaems as a rider to Ground Zero drop him off there to go his GBDuo way and rejoin you all for house inspection.

What we do from that point should, I believe, be, inspect the ruins rather than take on the tetrapack of wolves. It takes us closer to rejoining Swodaems and cuts him neatly out of the spoils from the ruins :P . If he wants to go his own way to chase xp then there should be consequences :twisted:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Terrain features:
Ruins: it's inhabitted by some kind of critters and will provide a treasure once you defeat them. You've got no idea what's in there nor what the treasure may be, but a good guess is to assume some of the local fauna found shelter there.

House: it's a house. Looks inhabited.

I'm not sure taking the city site is a good idea till we' ve got a fully levelled front line and know more of whats beyond the site. Yes it will earn schmuckers once we build but it may open us up to defending against a whole new side and we certainly don't have the resources to do that just yet. We need to know whats beyond the city site before we can determine if its "easy money" and the decision to build is made. Thats why I think we're inspecting the house...determining potential threats to Ground Zero, logically, inspecting the ruins comes next.
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Unless someones move is less than 10 we can reach the house. With 14 move my Grillphon can even split to carry Swodaems as a rider to Ground Zero drop him off there to go his GBDuo way and rejoin you all for house inspection.

What we do from that point should, I believe, be, inspect the ruins rather than take on the tetrapack of wolves. It takes us closer to rejoining Swodaems and cuts him neatly out of the spoils from the ruins :P . If he wants to go his own way to chase xp then there should be consequences :twisted:

It is possible for us to do the house fight and then have you drop me off 1 hex away from ground zero. This would still allow me to reach the GBDuo fight. (I don't have to actually reach the bear's hex in order to fight it. Wild animals are agressive enough to come after things one hex away from them. It's the same thing that we just did to the Bipolar bear.) On the turn aftr the fight, I could then very easily get to where you dropped me off 1 hex from the capital to rejoin the group.

As for the need for consequences, I would like to state there has already been one.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:XP stats:
Manager (Swodaems): 26/500
The Bipolar Bear provides 180XP. ETheBoyce's Patty flipper is now a Manager (pick a perk!) with 122/500XP.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 am

I'm not sure we should even be expecting a fight at the house, to be honest. But let's move away from the XP issues; due to the nature of corpse-eating, we're all going to get one significant boost of varying quality. Let's concentrate on maximizing our total force instead. The more bodies we generate quickly and safely, the larger our total force becomes. Let's hit the house, then let Swodaems move onto the bear. I'd also suggest that, if we can't see what's in the ruins from the house, let's pop another Bee and have it scout the ruins. I'd hate to see 8 bears in there...
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:01 am

Swodaems wrote:Am I going to start losing 2 hits every turn because it attacked me? (Did the NPC Jolly Bee that ate it just get a severe case of prions?)

No, you're fine. And so is the Jolly Bee.

I think one of your recent level ups needs to spec a perk. I'll start your turn 3 after that's done.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

BLAND, do the snowy mountains cost any extra move...? Because that's the reason I expected us to not make it to the house...they're right in our way.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Am I going to start losing 2 hits every turn because it attacked me? (Did the NPC Jolly Bee that ate it just get a severe case of prions?)

No, you're fine. And so is the Jolly Bee.

I think one of your recent level ups needs to spec a perk. I'll start your turn 3 after that's done.

If that was me (Bob Enweave) he opted for Nat Armor the minute we got our 2nd manager ( and thus leader) . EThe Boyce also opted for Nat Armor so we've both specified

ETheBoyce wrote:I will take the Nat Armor upgrade, also sorry about not posting much, internet is down at my residence

Werebiscuit wrote:I'll ask the others before deciding. My instinct is to take Nat Armor but... * SNIP*
Further down the page Werebiscuit wrote :
...aaannd with that we have a 2nd leadership Unit. I doubt we'll need to split into 3 stacks diluting our effectiveness further so it looks as though I'll be following my instinct, after all.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games