Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 pm

0beron wrote:BLAND, do the snowy mountains cost any extra move...? Because that's the reason I expected us to not make it to the house...they're right in our way.

No, they won't impede your move any further.

Stats:

Manager (ETheBoyce):
----Melee/Might/Force;
----122/500XP;
----15/15HP
----Nat Armor

Patty flipper (Watermonkey314):
----Melee/?/? <--- choose your destiny!!1123
----23/80XP;
----4/10HP

Grillphon (Bob Enweave: Werebiscuit):
----Archer/Might/Skill;
----31/800XP;
----16/16HP;
----Nat Armor

Patty flipper (Bob Posgen: The Colonel):
----Melee/Magic/Skill
----22/80XP;
----10/10HP;

Jolly Bee (kriss1989):
----Support/Might/Force
----22/100XP;
----6/6HP;

THAC0 Bell (MarbitChow):
----Archer/Might/Force
----23/40XP;
----4/4HP;

Manager{NatArmor} (Swodaems):
----Melee/Might/Skill
----26/500XP;
----15/15HP;

All-a-paino (Harkin: 0beron):
----Archon/Magic/Force
----23/100XP;
----4/4HP;

NPC Jolly Bee:
----Support/Magic/Force
----60/100XP;
----6/6HP;

Your treasury has 413Schmuckers (you've spent 9 for upkeep on your units).

Presumably you want to heal Watermonkey314's Patty Flipper, which costs 60Schmuckers, leaving you with 353.

The map looks like the previous image. Nothing strange happened on the map yet ... or did it?

Heads up, I'll be AFK starting very soon and ending Saturday. I'll be here for the weekend, for once, to resolve orders.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Well then we move to the House as previously discussed.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:20 pm

You arrive at the house and knock on the door.

A grumpy voice from inside says, "Go away!"

"Unless you've got 1000Schmuckers!" it continues after a while. You think you hear it mutter "and then I'll show them! They laughed, but I'll be the last one chuckling!"
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Delightful :/ *resists urge to make certain comments about coming here* well here's to hoping Swod's GB Duo is more productive.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Bob Enweave chuckles "Well at least we know he's not likely to be a threat." *looks pensive for a moment* "....un-lessss...someone else pays him...." *lets his voice trail off ominously*

*Brightens* "Well ?... Where now ? "
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Well WE are out of move, but Swod went to Duo the Grizzled Bear, so I suppose we wait for him.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

0beron wrote:Well WE are out of move, but Swod went to Duo the Grizzled Bear, so I suppose we wait for him.

I haven't left the main party yet.

I suggest we first try to enter a longer conversation with the man (What did the voice sound like? Loud,soft? Male, Female? actually disinterested in us or trying to get use to come back later.) to try and figure out exactly what he is trying to sell us and to haggle the price down a bit. If that doesn't work, we take a shit on his porch and maybe try setting his house on fire if his answer to our attempts at conversation are rude enough.

After that fun, I ride Bob Enweave 2 hexes to the NW. This means I dismount him 1 hex away from the capital and I take NPC Bee to a hex 1 away from the Grizzled bear. (BLAND, It would be awesome of you to ry and roll out the entire fight in which I abuse the fact that with Leadership and natural armour, the Bear will do only 2.8 damage, .2 less than a Jolly bee boosted heal, but I won't fault you for only rolling the bear's last attack and then declaring me at either 12.4 or 15 hits after healing. (or by another interpretation, I'd still be protected by my defense on the round before, at 12.2 or 15 before healing after I attack to finish it, but at 15 with healing.) In hit point terms, my health should go like 15>9.4>attack phase starts>12.4>7.8>10.8>5.2>8.2>3.6>6.6>1.0>Def phase starts>4>1.2>4.2>...>15 where the cycle starts anew. The exception is for when the GB has so little health left after an attack that I would croak it in the next round if I attacked again. Before the finishing attack defend until I bring myself up to 15 again. then do the finishing round.

I'll walk back to Bob Enweave on the next turn, the two of us rejoin the party, and then we can decide if we want to do the ruins or one of the packs of 4 &6 wolves. (4*40/8=20exp per player from the stack of wolves. MarbitChow will hit 43 exp and level to Grillphon if we do wolves. If we stick the 2 Patty flippers on the 2 Grillphons, we have a front line that consists of 4 lvl 2 units.)
Last edited by Swodaems on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Swodaems wrote:I suggest we first try to enter a longer conversation with the man (What did the voice sound like?) to try and figure out exactly what he is trying to sell us and to haggle the price down a bit. If that doesn't work, we take a shit on his porch and maybe try setting his house on fire if his answer to our attempts at conversation are rude enough.

Longer conversation, I agree with. Hostilities, never in a million years. Creepy things that live alone in houses in what used to be the middle of nowhere tend to also be powerful things, or have connections.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 am

Swodaems wrote:
0beron wrote:Well WE are out of move, but Swod went to Duo the Grizzled Bear, so I suppose we wait for him.

I haven't left the main party yet.

If you note MY description of the journey, I dropped you off at Ground Zero THEN went to join the rest of the party at the house.
Like i said....consequences.... :P

I couldn't very well have the, in character, conversation I posted if I was at Ground Zero waiting.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:37 am

Werebiscuit wrote:If you note MY description of the journey, I dropped you off at Ground Zero THEN went to join the rest of the party at the house.
Like i said....consequences.... :P

Now now Were there's no need to be nasty. The most recent description I see involves the entire party going to the House, THEN Swod riding a mount to within one hex of Ground Zero.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 am

I'm not being nasty per se...I just don't want to sit at Ground zero twiddling my thumbs while everyone else is in on the action (or at least some sort of action). I'd rather be a part of one group. So I'd like to end my turn at the house since i wouldn't have enough move left to accompy Swod if we went his route nor to get back to the house..

Note I can Still drop off Swodaems where he wants before that using the journey I posted.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 am

Werebiscuit wrote:I'm not being nasty per se...I just don't want to sit at Ground zero twiddling my thumbs while everyone else is in on the action (or at least some sort of action). I'd rather be a part of one group. So I'd like to end my turn at the house.
Note I can Still drop off Swodaems where he wants before that.

Well either way, you'll be "in the action". I don't think anything more will happen at the House at present, so if you end turn by Ground Zero, you have the spare move to catch back up with us before we continue onwards. Or if you still prefer, you can drop Swod off retroactively before we got to the House. And Swod, whichever his decision, you're gonna have to live with it because he's your Mount, although I don't see any difference between the two options.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am

0beron wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:I'm not being nasty per se...I just don't want to sit at Ground zero twiddling my thumbs while everyone else is in on the action (or at least some sort of action). I'd rather be a part of one group. So I'd like to end my turn at the house.
Note I can Still drop off Swodaems where he wants before that.

Well either way, you'll be "in the action". I don't think anything more will happen at the House at present, so if you end turn by Ground Zero, you have the spare move to catch back up with us before we continue onwards. Or if you still prefer, you can drop Swod off retroactively before we got to the House. And Swod, whichever his decision, you're gonna have to live with it because he's your Mount, although I don't see any difference between the two options.

I don't see a major difference between the two options either actually. If Bob Enweave wants to end turn with the party he can do that. (We do lose some realism from our characters' actions/choices however. The goal of havin Bob Enweave end turn outside the Capital was so that the entire group of 8 players was at the House if it was a fight and could then take full advantage of the movement and aggression rules to have me fight the Grizzled bear and for Bob Enweave and I both to be able regroup with the party for whatever it was they were doing on the turn after. Neither Bob Enweave nor I would ever be absent for action. Since there is no action at the house, and I can still rejoin the party for either of its two most likely targets, neither of us are missing any action. Unfortunately, our characters using this logic would have required a foreknowledge of the house not being a source of action.)

Do you see the hex that is two hexes south of Ground 0? It has the properties of being 5 away from the Grizzled Bear, 3 away from the house, 3 away from the ruins, and 4 away from the tetra wolves. If Bob Enweave heads there from the house, he can pick me up and we can rejoin the party for either the ruins or the wolves.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:46 am

Swodaems wrote:Do you see the hex that is two hexes south of Ground 0? It has the properties of being 5 away from the Grizzled Bear, 3 away from the house, 3 away from the ruins, and 4 away from the tetra wolves. If Bob Enweave heads there from the house, he can pick me up and we can rejoin the party for either the ruins or the wolves.

See it...and I'll get there to rendezvous and ferry you back.
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am

Werebiscuit wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Do you see the hex that is two hexes south of Ground 0? It has the properties of being 5 away from the Grizzled Bear, 3 away from the house, 3 away from the ruins, and 4 away from the tetra wolves. If Bob Enweave heads there from the house, he can pick me up and we can rejoin the party for either the ruins or the wolves.

See it...and I'll get there to rendezvous and ferry you back.

Okay. Of course, this requires that Bland be willing to accept that I was dropped off at the capital before the party went to the house. If he is not, will you consent to using the rest of your move this turn to drop me off 1 hex away from the capital?

This way when Bland gets on he can tell us the results of our attempts at longer conversation, make a decision about where exactly you are, implement either the version of the GBduo where I attack it this turn if I was dropped off at the capital or the version where I have to stop one hex away from it and let it choose to attack me.

Also, you should say now if you want to have anything popped this turn. I don't think we do, so I'm going state that we're ending turn after the GBduo and that we'll need the new map.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:20 am

Okay, we'll leave it up to Bland to decide where I ended turn, even though I'd rather it be with a group than alone in the wilderness.
Werebiscuit

Postby kriss1989 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm

And where am I while all this is going non? Seriously, you guys go very fast.
This is no longer a case of Checkov's Gun, but Checkov's frickin Arsenal. Chekhov's Munitions Factory. Chekhov's Ordnance Ordinance. Chekhov's Exorbitant Explosive Excess.
kriss1989

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Holy crap - I had to skip a bunch of pages to get to the end...

I'll pick Melee/Magic/Skill as my path.
WaterMonkey314

Postby kriss1989 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Seriously, I have school and stuff. I can't be on like 12 times a day.
This is no longer a case of Checkov's Gun, but Checkov's frickin Arsenal. Chekhov's Munitions Factory. Chekhov's Ordnance Ordinance. Chekhov's Exorbitant Explosive Excess.
kriss1989

Postby Swodaems » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 am

kriss1989 wrote:And where am I while all this is going non? Seriously, you guys go very fast.

You've been with the main party the entire time. Basically, all you've done is follow us around, stay in the back row, and heal us for the 2 full party battles that we've had.
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games