Exate wrote:Okay, third time's the charm with these secondaries. That said, I really don't like the way that things are structured at the moment- the inability to use secondary arguments to affect primary arguments, combined with the fact that primary arguments are virtually always power-builders for one's own nation, means that no one is ever going to use the "Yes, And...", "Yes, But...." or "No, Actually..." functions of this game unless it's a last-ditch effort to weaken a vastly superior side. If anything, secondaries should only be allowed to use the modifier functions instead of standing as independent arguments, although that would likely result in our empires rapidly becoming comically incompetent over time.
-The OCCUPIED FORESTS are still not fully pacified, and eager to throw off the iron fist of their oppressors!
I don't agree on the cause of why people aren't using modifiers, but I do agree with the result - primarys all too often are just power-builders, and we've yet to see any of the Machivellian meddling that made last game so hilarious.
I will now attempt to modify this.Primary
(relating to Acotise, but also in opposition to LtDave's argument):
Yes, the Hedgehogs attempt to engage the Acotisan Navy in battle, but
it evades the Hedgehogian counter-attack rather than being UTTERLY DESTROYED:
1) Though the Hedgehogs have FANTASTIC SPIES, an UNDETECTABLE NAVY is still undetectable.
2) The Master-Class Acotisan Casters see the Grand Army coming, and warn the Acotisan forces.
3) The Amphibious Infantry of the Outstanding Marine Force provide covering fire as the Navy falls back to safer waters.Secondary
(not relating to Acotise):
The REBELLIOUS UPSTART of Flimsywhimble sparks a DIPLOMATIC CRISIS between Flimsywhimble and Nobgrub by rapidly marching his forces all the way to Nobgrubian territory in the mountains to the northwest.
1) The UPSTART by definition is PLUCKY, and has determined that the correct route of expansion is northwest, towards Nobgrub. (As opposed to northeast)
2) The UPSTART is emboldened by Flimsywhimble's GREAT LUCK and VICTORIOUS DESTINY and POWERFUL ARTIFACTS, believing this will assure his ultimate victory.
3) The UPSTART quickly conquers the intervening territory with the aid of MIGHTY BEASTS and POWERFUL ARTIFACTS.