Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:Nah, we fought mice first, so if there were cats we'd see them before the dogs...
(OOC: Unless they're ninja cats. You'd never see them coming.)
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby LTDave » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

I think we just gave MarbitChow an idea...

I also want to see the fluffy bunny golem...
LTDave

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 pm

LTDave wrote:I think we just gave MarbitChow an idea...

I also want to see the fluffy bunny golem...

Oh, is just a wee bunny is it?
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:32 pm

What harm could a bunny be? It's not like it'll be Vorpal or anything.
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:What harm could a bunny be? It's not like it'll be Vorpal or anything.

Nah, this is erfworld...its a lvl 10 vorpal heavy bunny
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:
CroverusRaven wrote:What harm could a bunny be? It's not like it'll be Vorpal or anything.

We'll just get Vinny to craft some Holy Hand Grenades, then.

MarbitChow wrote:Lolly responds, "I intend to keep doing what I'm doing - crafting my toys and protecting my realm. I am not an enemy of the Elves, nor am I an ally. I am a Marbit, and while I shall not be an ally of yours, I need not be an enemy. Then again, I do have oh so many toys... perhaps it is time I took a capital for myself. Are you very attached to yours?"

"I must say, I haven't spend all that much time in Tenebris, but I'm rather fond of it myself... However, seeing as how the elves are already finding so many cities available for my side, I'm sure they can spare one measly capitol site for you.

And if you've got so many 'toys', perhaps you could share a few? We're sorry we broke some of yours already, but we could certainly find a way to make it up somehow.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:

Spoiler: show
Way ahead of you.

Nnelg wrote:"I must say, I haven't spend all that much time in Tenebris, but I'm rather fond of it myself... However, seeing as how the elves are already finding so many cities available for my side, I'm sure they can spare one measly capitol site for you. And if you've got so many 'toys', perhaps you could share a few? We're sorry we broke some of yours already, but we could certainly find a way to make it up somehow.

Lolly responds, "I don't share my toys for free, but if you're willing to buy them, we might be able to make a deal. They aren't cheap, though.
But I might have something that would be more interesting to a side such as yours. A single gobwin prisoner would be something you could use, perhaps?"
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 am

MarbitChow wrote:But I might have something that would be more interesting to a side such as yours. A single gobwin prisoner would be something you could use, perhaps?"

O_O Natural Allies! GET IT!
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Spoiler: show
Way ahead of you.

OMG :shock: ... it's armed with a ...a... a... pink ribbon ?
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:29 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Lolly responds, "I don't share my toys for free, but if you're willing to buy them, we might be able to make a deal. They aren't cheap, though.
But I might have something that would be more interesting to a side such as yours. A single gobwin prisoner would be something you could use, perhaps?"

If Nemo's eyebrows were visible inside his hood, they'd have raised at that comment.

"Hmm... Well, while my side has no particular need of more natural allies, I'd imagine he's not of much use to you. So, I suppose we could take him off your hands; for a nominal reimbursement, of course.

PS:
Oh, and by the way; I'd forgotten to mention that you seemed to have me veiled as a legionaire in the image. Really, it doesn't matter all that much what the veil is, but it needs to be a warlord (preferably Tenebrisian) as apposed to a common soldier. Because a footslogger conducting parley just screams "foolamancy".
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Nnelg wrote:"Hmm... Well, while my side has no particular need of more natural allies, I'd imagine he's not of much use to you. So, I suppose we could take him off your hands; for a nominal reimbursement, of course.
Lolly replies, "I make oodles selling my toys. Shmuckers aren't difficult for me to come by - they're far easier to acquire than a gobwin, at any rate. Perhaps a trade - my captured gobwin for one of your units?"

Nnelg wrote:Oh, and by the way; I'd forgotten to mention that you seemed to have me veiled as a legionaire in the image.
Yeah, I think I just grabbed the previous image and swapped Melissa's look in. Consider it ret-conned. You appear to be a warlord.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

"One of ours? What sort of unit of ours would a Marbit desire?"
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Nnelg wrote:"One of ours? What sort of unit of ours would a Marbit desire?"
The puppies respond in unison, "Casters."
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Zed-too breathes an audible sigh of relief.

OOC: nice, MarbitChow. That's one interesting conundrum./OOC
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:OOC: nice, MarbitChow. That's one interesting conundrum./OOC

OOC Conundrum, schmunundrum...run dum-dum ! /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 pm

I'd think no conundrum at all. Dun care how cool it might be to have gobwins, casters are more awesome. No deal I'd say.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Lord of Monies wrote:I'd think no conundrum at all. Dun care how cool it might be to have gobwins, casters are more awesome. No deal I'd say.

OOC wasn't that what I said ? ;) /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

but we have so many casters... :p

though, I think this calls for killing his little nest... but he seems to have a full side of units in there.... but we can run and they are barbs... might be worth widling him down.
bob the 6th

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Let's just give him Nemo... or one of the other casters. As a loan. The caster can gather information, and then break out later.

Especially Nemo. He can hide himself and just walk away...
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:
Lord of Monies wrote:I'd think no conundrum at all. Dun care how cool it might be to have gobwins, casters are more awesome. No deal I'd say.

OOC wasn't that what I said ? ;) /OOC

Not so fast.

The only reason I'm not a caster in the other campaign is that I -chose- not to be one. Meaning, anyone so far could just pop in this campaign, and if they wanted to be a caster, MarbitChow was good enough to oblige.

Meaning, until MarbitChow gets wise to this, Tenebris has an easy time getting casters thanks to a loophole in recruiting.

Oops. I shouldn't have said all that aloud.

Anyway. So the choice is between sticking to a level 1 caster (and frankly, apart from T. Coil and Bill, none of our roster of spell botherers is particularly scary), or getting a gobwin ... whatever that means.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games