Marbit Island - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:Choppy spends 3 actions chopping wood, and then looks at the trees to find a pinecone, or something else to plant a new tree with (if this doesn't require an action, he will plant it in an empty slot)

This is what Lippy wanted the axe for...he was going to cut a sapling. Nice one "Choppy"
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 am

CroverusRaven wrote:I used an action to Order just M13 to gather me some food.
/OOC You're not abusing the system at all, Croverus. After months of Darkness Rising, it's almost a habit for me to try to figure out how to break a system. For example, we'll be spawning 6 marbits a turn at this rate. In three turns, if I'm prepared, I could refresh until LTDave posts, and immediately post an order to all 6 NPC marbits to kill a PC. I'm just looking to put some checks on that in advance.
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

M11 will finish the spear, equip the spear, gather food, and eat.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:08 pm

M8 tends to the trees as well as possible.
Tend, tend, tend, tend!
The Colonel

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Since you seem to pop wether you want to or not I'll take one of the NPC's next turn. (I'll wait one last turn to get involved)
HerbieRai

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm

I'll have to rethink the NPC orders thing. For this turn, however, M13 will spend ALL his actions gathering food.

To prevent abuse, perhaps I'll make it so that a PC can only issue one order per turn, and only to one NPC (so everyone can have a 'buddy' that follows them around). Alternatively, I might just assign players a second Marbit to control as a PC to prevent all the confusion (and so people can over feed them and create monsters of obesity).
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm

To expand upon your second idea: you could make an order ("Adopt"?) that allows a PC to take control of an NPC and issue orders to them. Limit PCs to 1 adopted NPC per level.
MarbitChow

Postby KF25 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

M9 moves to the northeast hex, returns.
KF25

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Midway through the turn, a strange apparition... er... apparates.

"Bitchu? Bitchu? Are you there? This is Marwun. The thinkagram is unstable - step into the link. Bitchu? Why won't you answer? Where are you? What are you doing? The battle is going badly. We need you to hurry. You must..."

With a small *plot* the apparition disapparates.
LTDave

Postby KF25 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Returning, M9 yells at everybody:
I found myself in a green hex, with Wood Trees and Berry Bushes like at home. There's also some different kind of trees, tall and thin, with all the leaves at the top. Strange furry creatures with long tails run between them, screeching and dancing.
But I was distracted by a group of four green skinned creatures (maybe the Otisbits?) standing beside a hut.
They looked at me, and waved, but could not move any closer, as they were off turn.
KF25

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Make an axe and a spear. Keep dagger.

STARE AT M10 AND M11
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Just waiting on orders from M12 (Nnelg).
LTDave

Postby Nnelg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Err, sorry things going too fast...

I didn't see anyone declare they were picking up that dagger on the ground, so I'll equip that for my first action. I'll then try swinging it around a bit, to see if I can get the hang of controlling it better. Then I guess I'll gather from whichever bush has the most berries on it, setting aside what I gathered to eat at the start of next turn. Finally, I'd like to equip that spear whird just made if I can. (If not, I'll try running some laps around the hex.)

PS: Oh, and if another dawg happens to enter the hex, my first action that turn will be to attack it.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Marbit Island - Turn 7

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Actions From Last Turn:
M2 Cut Wood Cut Wood Cut Wood Plant Tree
M5 Start Making Axe Finish Making Axe Start Making Spear No Wood Left
M6 Gathers Food Gathers Food Plants Seed Tend Plants
M7 Orders M13 to Gather Food Start Making Shovel Finish Making Shovel Dig!
M8 Tend Plants Tend Plants Tend Plants Tend Plants
M9 Move NorthEast 2 moves Return 2 Moves
M10 Gathers Food Gathers Food Eats Over Eats
M11 Finish Making Spear Gathers Food Gathers Food Eat
M12 Pick up Knife Practice with Knife Gathers Food Runs around hex
M13 Gathers Food Gathers Food Gathers Food Gathers Food

Results:
2 Wood Stored
Less 5 Wood Used (Axe, Spear (takes two wood), Shovel, Shoring up the Hole)
Plus 3 Wood Gathered
Equals 0 Wood Stored

0 Food Stored
Plus 11 Food Gathered
Less 3 Food eaten this turn
Less 8 Food Consumed at the Start of the Turn
Equals 0 is left in stores.

Choppy gets the impression that his wood tree seed is going to take a lot longer to grow than the berry plants did.
Pinata digs a hole. He finds that he needs some wood to keep it collapsing. He finds nothing in this hole. Perhaps he should dig deeper.

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M2 "Choppy" (tigerusthegreat) C 2 , D 3 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Axe , Notes: Fed , Level 2
M5 (WhirdCheese) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Knife , Notes: Fed , Level 2
M6 "Lippy" (Werebiscuit) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M7 "Pinata" (CroverusRaven) C 2 , D 0 , H 6 /6 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Knife, Shovel , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M9 (KF25) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Axe, Knife , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M10 "Otis" (MarbitChow) C 2 , D 1 , H 5 /5 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M11 (Exate) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Spear , Notes: Fed , Level 1
M12 (Nnelg) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: Knife , Notes: Starving , Level 1
M13 (NPC) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Starving , Level 1
M14 (HerbieRai) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Hungry , Level 1
M15 (NPC) C 2 , D 2 , H 4 /4 , M 4 Specials: None , Equipment: None , Notes: Hungry , Level 1

Equipment Details
Axe Tool +1 DRM to Combat
Knife Tool +1 DRM to Combat
Shovel Tool +1 DRM to Defence
Spear Weapon +1 DRM to Combat & Defence, Long

Pop Queue
Spoiler: show

Turn 7 Starts Now. 48 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. If you don't, then why?

As turn 7 starts, perceptive Marbits notice that the sky is darker than on previous turns, and that there is now a chilly wind from the South.
Last edited by LTDave on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Woops! Not shown in that image are M14 and M15. They are standing by the Huts, as normal.

Change to the NPC rules -

A PC can spend 2 actions to "befriend" an NPC. From that point on, the Player gains control of the NPC, and can issue orders on its behalf.
A PC may not have more "friends" than levels. A controlled NPC may not have "friends".

A PC can issue orders to an NPC as normal - it only takes one action, and another PC issuing orders later in the round can give a different set of orders. The NPC will follow the last set of orders issued.
Last edited by LTDave on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby Nnelg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Oh, so I'm starving now? Ah, I see; the food automatically goes to the marbit of the lowest number, doesn't it?

In that case, I'd like to do this:

M12: Equip Axe, Gather Food, Eat, Chop wood (from the tree with the most wood out of it)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes - Marbits are very polite, and let the oldest ones eat first.

Also, I've made an error in the Marbits favour this turn - somehow they harvested 11 food when there was only 8 berries on the plants. I'm not going to retcon this - consider it the 'blessings of the GM's incompetence and laziness.'

Given that there are now 12 Marbits, and some need to eat this turn to avoid dying next, there is definitely going to be a shortage of food. And before Werebiscuit asks, the Berry Trees regenerated the correct amount.
LTDave

Postby tigerusthegreat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 pm

M2 Choppy will spend all hit turn chopping wood, hoping someone tends the sapling tree.

I think we need to find a more sustainable food source. Domesticating some animal might do the job, if we can find something to domesticate.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:08 am

M10 "Otis" : Befriend M15 (x2), Make Spear, Make Spear
M15 (assuming it's befriended) : Gather Food, Eat Food, Make Spear, Make Spear
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 am

LTDave wrote:Yes - Marbits are very polite, and let the oldest ones eat first.

Also, I've made an error in the Marbits favour this turn - somehow they harvested 11 food when there was only 8 berries on the plants. I'm not going to retcon this - consider it the 'blessings of the GM's incompetence and laziness.'

Given that there are now 12 Marbits, and some need to eat this turn to avoid dying next, there is definitely going to be a shortage of food. And before Werebiscuit asks, the Berry Trees regenerated the correct amount.

Ah yes, BUT I planted another berry seed as well as M2 planting a pinecone, yet there's only one extra "sapling" next to M2. Shouldn't one of the empty plots contain a berry sapling ?
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games