Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Do we have a mystic to assist with butchering? Otherwise I'm considering attacking/saving texas' rear end.
WhirdCheese

Postby 0beron » Fri May 31, 2013 5:31 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:Do we have a mystic to assist with butchering? Otherwise I'm considering attacking/saving texas' rear end.

If Katara does my suggested course then yes, and once I'm on my feet next turn I can take her place doing that. As for Texas, I already tried to save him and he refused, so I say leave him.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 pm

0beron wrote:So in that case Katara could pick me up (-2 Actions), bring me south (1 Action) and calm a Pig for slaughter (1 Action).
Once there, I'll need a total of 5 feeding actions and then I'll be fine fending for myself.

I suggest this as well. I move West and butcher a calm pig.
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Question does Travel happen before or after a Forage check?
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 31, 2013 11:01 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Question does Travel happen before or after a Forage check?
Forage happens during your free eat, which can occur whenever you want, either before or after your actions. If you review the previous turns, you'll note that some eats occurred before the unit left the zone, decreasing the granary stock. If you don't declare it, it will usually come at the end of the turn, but if you know you're heading into a hostile square, for example, I'll have you forage / eat first before crossing, so you won't starve on the current turn, at least.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 am

Texas will Attack the heavily injured orb once, then cross back to the previous Hex!
ETheBoyce

Postby LTDave » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 am

If there is food in the angle where Eric is, he will eat and then gather wood.
If there is no food, Eric will hunt a pig until it cwoaks, and spend the remaining actions gathering wood.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:58 am

Hyde will ask George to put a mushroom on his cart (or do it himself if it doesn't cost an action) and move south. He will use his remaining action and the banked one to start to build a quarry. He will still hunt the fabled cheese sandwich with his free eat/forage, preferably before he moves south as they seem to inhabit only grassy zones...or so his research tells him thus far.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 am

Carts are apparently not safe for carrying food Hyde.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 am

Actions declared so far:

WhirdCheese (George) : Move W (3 actions), Butcher Calm Pig (1 action)
0beron (Arthemy) : Incapacitated - No Actions
LTDave (Eric) : IF Katara Calms & George Butchers: Gather wood (4 actions) ELSE: Attack Pig (X Actions), (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Attack non-calmed Orb Thingie (1 action), Move W (3 actions), (free) forage / eat
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Move S (3 actions), Build Quarry (2 actions), (free) forage / eat
Swodaems (Dod) : PENDING, (free) eat
Cnor (Katara) (NPC) : Carry Arthemy (-2 action penalty), Move S (1 action), Calm Pig (1 action), (free) eat
turbler (Jordan) : PENDING, (free) eat
John Mandrake (Raithar) : (free) eat, Train (4 actions)

(edit: Missed WhirdCheese's actions)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:20 am

0beron wrote:Carts are apparently not safe for carrying food Hyde.

I had interpreted the ruling as Carts aren't considered storage for food ( which is okay as I'm just taking it across the angle border) but as I can't carry the mushroom and move the cart I don't see an option.
I'll re-read the ruling just in case.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:54 am

Werebiscuit wrote:I had interpreted the ruling as Carts aren't considered storage for food ( which is okay as I'm just taking it across the angle border) but as I can't carry the mushroom and move the cart I don't see an option.
I'll re-read the ruling just in case.
Unlike your hands and bags, carts are filthy things filled with sawdust and dirt. Food placed in there will be contaminated.

If you can get a cart to the pool (where Texas is), you can spend 2 actions to turn a Wooden Cart into a Sanitized Wooden Cart, which CAN safely move food. Placing any non-food item into a Sanitized Wooden Cart changes it back to a normal Wooden Cart.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 am

WhirdCheese wrote:
0beron wrote:So in that case Katara could pick me up (-2 Actions), bring me south (1 Action) and calm a Pig for slaughter (1 Action).
Once there, I'll need a total of 5 feeding actions and then I'll be fine fending for myself.

I suggest this as well. I move West and butcher a calm pig.

This doesn't count as an action?
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:38 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:
WhirdCheese wrote:I suggest this as well. I move West and butcher a calm pig.
This doesn't count as an action?
I missed that earlier. List above has been updated.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Dod will spend all his actions and his free build to put 10 more resources into the road headed east. (Using as much wood as possible.)

Unless the single pig that is to be calmed and butchered this turn provides at least 8 food, (combined cost of feeding Arthemy to 1 hits and of feeding everyone else in that zone (If George and Katara free-eat from their starting zones)) we're going to need multiple turns to get Arthemy up and running. I'm thinking that we can use Katara and George to do a mass calm and butcher of pigs next turn. Then, the rest of us in the zone can each spare an action to feed Arthemy up to 1, and move to east to continue with building the roads.
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Not to sound selfish, but the priority should be feeding me. The faster I'm healed, then I'll be able to feed myself instead if starving because I'm incapacitated, and I can calm pigs to help feed everyone else.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:32 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Unlike your hands and bags, carts are filthy things filled with sawdust and dirt.

Eric has not yet washed his hands after cutting down trees and fighting pigs. Are the hands magic in some way? If yes, what else can magic hands do?
LTDave

Postby turbler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:32 am

As I understand it, we need wood, and pig calming, and gathering wood will eventually allow me to calm pigs, so...
Gather wood x5?
(Also, could I use the road the turn it was completed? If so, I should have been able to bank an action last turn (and have wasted one, but that's fine).)
turbler

Postby Swodaems » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 am

0beron wrote:Not to sound selfish, but the priority should be feeding me. The faster I'm healed, then I'll be able to feed myself instead if starving because I'm incapacitated, and I can calm pigs to help feed everyone else.

But we lose control of Katara as soon as you get up.

Well, at least 1 of us needs to feed you this turn to keep you from losing 3 more hits. I'll do it.

When food becomes available, Dod will spend 1 action force-feeding Arthemy and use his 3 other actions and his free build to put 8 more resources into the road headed east. (Using as much wood as possible.)
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 am

Well yeah, but my point is that the longer you keep me below 0, the more food it will take to revive me because I lose health ever turn...
Besides, Katara isn't especially useful in "auto mode" anyway because she is just trying to save me. So she's not trying to help anyone else in the meantime.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games