Peace On Erf (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Peace On Erf (Recruiting)

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Spoiler: show
Side Name: Holy Enlightened Order of Arthrea
Led by: Grand High Inquisitor of the Holy Enlightened Order of Arthrea Maximillion
Favored Terrain: Water (Must bring the light of Arthrea everywhere)
Benefit: All units Terrain capable
Side Livery: Grey Armor, Crossed Sword and Axe embossed on Sun

Converts (Stabbers): 5/4/3/6 Water Capable (30)
All those that have been converted start here. Due to the nearly endless supply of converts this group is very large.

Follower (Pikers): 7/2/6/6 Garrison, Water Capable (20)
Those that were brought up in the faith of Arthrea. They have every single proverb memorized and often spout them in battle.

Fallen (Archers): 5/8/0/6 Garrison, Water Capable (30)
Former Angels and Paladins seeking their way back into the fold.

Orbs (Scout): 3/0/0/20 Flight, Scout, Water Capable (30)
Conjured objects that relate what they see back to their ruler. Generally fairly conspicuous. A ball of light is hard to miss.

Paladin (Knight): 13/6/8/6 Rider, Healing, Water Capable (90+10)
The most dedicated humans apply for Paladinhood. Those that succeed are granted minor healing abilities by Arthrea, and better equipment from the Holy Enlightened Order

Holy Warhorses (Special A) 11/2/2/19 Mount, Speed Boost (x2), Burrowing, Water Capable (60+10)
The cavalry of the Holy Enlightened Order, they might not be powerful on their own but they can take their rider anywhere. They can fly through the air leaving a trail of sunlight behind, or phase into the ground taking their rider with them.

Priest (Special B): 11/2/5/6 Fabrication, Builder, Surveyor, Water Capable (60+10)
These Priests tend to remain in their temples and do what they do best. Sacrificing whatever happens to show up in the larder in exchange for various bonuses. Every so often they will be blessed with an item for their troubles.

Cleric (Special C): 12/7/3/6 Rider, Simple Mancy (Thinkamancy), Leadership, Dancefighting, Water Capable (120+20)
Those blessed with the light of Arthrea are able to communicate with their leader as well as coordinate with other stacks in different hexes. They often ride out with the Paladins to provide their leadership to the rabble

Angel (Special D): 20/5/5/19 Heavy, Flight, Frightening, Simple Mancy (Shockomancy), Speed Boost +, Siege, Mount, Water Capable (300+50)
Only granted by Arthrea in the direst of circumstances these flying creatures are imposing as all get out. Able to project bolts of deific rage out of their weapons most units won't even get to a close enough quarter to slay these awesome creatures. If there's a stack...run.

Cleric 0+0+1+2+2+6+4+4=19 (Loosing point in defense)
Angel 2+2+1+2+3+6+4+2+2+2=26 (Not sure what's wrong)
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 am

How much would a capture cost/ how would the bonus work

Also flying costs 4 I recall. I don't know why it's listed as 2.

It costs 2 just to get a terrain-capable. Why would flying be the same price.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:40 pm

@WhirdCheese:
Angels need to change because I decided that a unit cannot have both Flight and Ranged specials. Other than that, they're fine.

On a side note, it is just a little odd for me to think of a unit called an 'angel' having the mount special, though I don't suppose there's anything specifically against that in the rules, heh.

@ Kaed
Right now the capture mechanic I'm thinking of is based on how much more power a unit or stack of units is against the capture target. Such as a Megalogwiff and a rider with leadership attacking a level 10 warlord to capture it. It's a little more complicated than that such as a, but that's the gist of it.

The special I'm considering would increase a units combat only for the purpose of capturing a unit. Right now I'm thinking a +6 bonus for a cost of 2 points which can be taken a second time for an extra +4.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 pm

They are the fastest unit in the game (currently) I can evacuate my ruler on one turn before enemy arrives. I was envisioning the Angel carrying whoever it was out of Harms Way.

Also no free kills because enemy has no ranged units? :( Edit going in.
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Sure there are, you just have to combo it!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Side Name: Aetheria
Ruler: Lord Maltivus Hassen (Non-royal)
Favored Terrain: Field/Plains
Side Bonus: Favored of the Titans (Flying, +7 move)
Insignia: Purple rose with green feather overlaying the stem diagonally
Colors: Yellow with blue, red, and green highlights.

Note: Fluff upcoming, but I wanted to note that this side consists entirely of non-Men. It is loosely based off a theoretical canine and lizard beastpeople side from my game, only this one is all dogpeople. Also note as in mycurrent game, I permitted myself some level of point redistribution from the base stats to create a unique side.

Stabber: Incisar 5/5/2/6

Piker: Molaran 7/4/4/6

Archer: Deepstriker 2/10/1/6 Ranged

Scout: Outbounder 3/2/0/18, Flying

Knight: Skypiercer 10/6/4/12, Flying, Rider

Special A: Alpharian 5/1/4/12 Flying, Leadership, Frightening, Speed Boost.

Special B: Hunterseeker 8/3/1/12 Flying, Limited Findamancy, Speed Boost,

Special C Truebinder 9/5/3/16 Flying, Limited Thinkamancy, Capture Bonus (+10), Speed Boost x2

Special D: Kaernifex 10/1/12/36 Flying, Limited Weirdomancy, Limited Turnamancy, Speed Boost+ x2
---
Cookies to anyone who can discern my side's primary strategem.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Um... You worship Arthrea right?

Also I don't think you can redistribute stats. Otherwise you would have given a point value for each unit.
WhirdCheese

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Well, I permitted it in my other game to a limited extent, and even ran my custom side bonus by Sir Shadow before using it.

But I guess it's up to him, this is his game here.

Also, that's fluff, not a strategem. Try again.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm

What worshiping Arthrea? The one titan who didn't abandon us? It might be fluff but it keeps me from losing unit attempting to convert the Heathens by force.
WhirdCheese

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:35 pm

The Titans abandoned us long ago, spare me your tales of false gods.

And we'll see who converts who, pal.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:44 pm

When you attack me I'm loading my ruler on a Warhorse and having them burrow away. :P

Then finding a city.
WhirdCheese

Postby RandomWombat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Gods are irrelevant. Logic will prevail.

WhirdCheese wrote:When you attack me I'm loading my ruler on a Warhorse and having them burrow away. :P

Then finding a city.

Just hope a Type MK and Type RK aren't waiting in a Type TS nearby.
RandomWombat

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Have your religious wars all you like rocks will fall and everybody will die!
ETheBoyce

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey there. Not sure if this still has any open slots or not, but if so I'd love to jump in. I'll have to look over all the rules and work on my side, but thought I'd at least show my interest before the last slot is taken (if it hasn't been already).

Edit: was just glancing over people's stuff to make sure I didn't step on any toes (I didn't want to do too similar of a theme to anyone else, and it was a good thing I checked, because my first thought was something along the lines of RandomWombat's) and I noticed Kaed's bonus is flight and +7 move on all his units? That's 9 points of bonuses and access to a special? Seems a little strong compared to the other bonuses of +2 points or a special worth 2 points or a higher chance for warlords to get a certain special. Or am I reading that wrong?
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Have your religious wars all you like rocks will fall and everybody will die!

Including you! Cause as soon as you attack me you're in a holy war. Although dispute having the easiest requirements to be allied with I've ticked off everyone?
WhirdCheese

Postby RandomWombat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:Edit: was just glancing over people's stuff to make sure I didn't step on any toes (I didn't want to do too similar of a theme to anyone else, and it was a good thing I checked, because my first thought was something along the lines of RandomWombat's) and I noticed Kaed's bonus is flight and +7 move on all his units? That's 9 points of bonuses and access to a special? Seems a little strong compared to the other bonuses of +2 points or a special worth 2 points or a higher chance for warlords to get a certain special. Or am I reading that wrong?

It does seem like a bit much. Flight is only 2-cost, so I could see that (with upgradeable units you could do the same thing with +2 points anyways), but the huge +7 move is a bit excessive. It's more than the base move of most other units in the game so far.
RandomWombat

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm

The rules on flying are incorrect in that document, flying is 4, unless you are a knight, then it's 3. I apologise, it was miscategorized.

And you are misinterpreting the side bonus. It is a custom designed bonus, and that bonus applies only to my Ruler. The rest of my side has no side bonus, I hogged it all.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Ooohhh, okay, then yeah, that seems... well, actually almost underpowered. I totally support you having that side bonus! :D

Also, good to know about the flying cost. I thought it was a little weird that flying was as cheap as terrain capability. Terrain capability would be better in some instances (like getting the defense bonus from a mountain) and the 50% combat bonus, but otherwise not so great.

Edit: Also, I'm guessing that when the rules say a unit with 15 hits is considered heavy, that just means they can't ride mounts, not that they get the +5/+3/+3/0 as well, right?
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Underpowered? More the fool you.

And yes, no bonus for defaulting to heavy.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby RandomWombat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Oh, if Flight costs more I'll have to modify the DS.
RandomWombat

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games