Peace On Erf (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Peace On Erf (Recruiting)

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Sigh... My angels/warhorses are weak enough as it is. Though I could drop flight from the Warhorse as I now have no ranged units to take advantage of it. Other than Archers. And burrowing is a better escape.
WhirdCheese

Postby RandomWombat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Any unit with a -mancy is powerful, because standard magic attacks ignore armor. An angel has 30 juice, and with the shockmancy bonus of 1.5x it could hypothetically spend all of it to deal a whopping 45 damage per turn. That's enough to destroy most structures in two shots.
RandomWombat

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:05 am

@Everyone concerning flying:
I think I'm going to go ahead and say that the Flight special costs 4 for Beast-class special units and 3 for Knight-class special units. If you're not sure what I mean by that, read the rules closer.

@Kaed:
I'm not sure I'll allow stat shuffling. I'll think about it and get back to you.

@Taikei:
It's open. Anybody still interested has till around Wednesday when I chose the players.

@RandomWombat
Only actual Casters can convert Juice directly to damage like that. So specials with Limited Shockamancy do not have the 1.5 juice damage ability. However, they can use lower-level Shockmany spells to do damage as we see the Archons do.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby RandomWombat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am

Oh, I see. Is there a list of spells available? I only see a few descriptions on the doc, and two findamancy spells. Or are you/we making them up?
RandomWombat

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 am

Rocs have had stats adjusted
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 am

RandomWombat wrote:Oh, I see. Is there a list of spells available? I only see a few descriptions on the doc, and two findamancy spells. Or are you/we making them up?

I found a list of spells and various other things here. I'm not sure that it is entirely current and it conflicts directly with what the googledoc says at some points, but I figure the spell list should at least be a good starting point. One of the things I found oddest was the various attack spells, which seem silly if the offensive spells rule is in effect. After all, why spend 10 juice for an attack as done by a combat 3 unit, when you can spend 10 juice to do 10 damage?
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 am

@Everyone concerning points.
I’m going to allow point redistribution to a certain degree. You may only redistribute points on up to 3 units, and you may only redistribute up to 3 points. Points that are redistributed cannot be used for specials. Please note which units these are in your post so I know what to look for when going over them.

@Everyone again:
For your special units, please state whether they’re knight-class or beast-class.

@Kaed:
You’ll need to make some changes concerning the point redistribution and Flight costs 4 for scouts.

@Taikei:
Yea, that not an actual spell list, but it’s not a horrible place to start getting ideas about what casters might be able to do. At some level, it’s up to you to discover what your casters are able to do.

EDIT: Also, Kaed's side strategy is obviously finding, capturing, and turning units as displayed by his B, C, and D special units respectively. Though I'm not sure about what he's hunting... Also, apparently he wants to have flying dog people.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Kaed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:54 am

So make sure you all pop warlords and nice things for me to steal. :D
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 am

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
RandomWombat wrote:Oh, I see. Is there a list of spells available? I only see a few descriptions on the doc, and two findamancy spells. Or are you/we making them up?
I found a list of spells and various other things here. I'm not sure that it is entirely current and it conflicts directly with what the googledoc says at some points, but I figure the spell list should at least be a good starting point. One of the things I found oddest was the various attack spells, which seem silly if the offensive spells rule is in effect. After all, why spend 10 juice for an attack as done by a combat 3 unit, when you can spend 10 juice to do 10 damage?

Yeah that spell list was long since discarded. The way Kaed has been running it is we just tell the caster what we want them to do and they either do it and we discover a juice cost, or they say it's impossible given their current skill. That's how Findamancy is gradually gaining spells on it's list.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 am

Healomancy followed a similar process at the beginning for me too, House figuring out different ways to apply healing. End of the day, use your imagination. You'd be surprised.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:54 am

I eagerly await the day you two start considering a House-Pickle linkup.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 am

Kaed wrote:I eagerly await the day you two start considering a House-Pickle linkup.

Start? You mean you think I haven't already? :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am

Fair enough. I've had few ideas, but I am far to interested in what you two might come up with to introduce bias.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am

You know I actually hadn't thought about that yet, but now I am. Only hastens the plans to get Kathy on my side now.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby RandomWombat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:54 pm

I edited in point reallocation information, and changed the C-Special to something with less overlap with my other units' functions.
RandomWombat

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:52 pm

1) Draconia - Non-Royal
2) Great Wyrm Graxxsii
3) Mountains
4) All units are Terrain Capable with Favoured Terrain
5) A large red eye on an orange and yellow background, flame designs common
6) Unit Creation (Adding fluff later)
Spoiler: show
Infantry
Drake Claw - (5/5/3/5) (30)
The standard Draconian infantry, they have naturally thick scales and razor sharp teeth and claws.

Drake Tail - (2/2/4/5/Garrison, Mountain-Capable(free)) (20)
They lash out with their long tails tipped with razor sharp scales. Though smaller than the Claws, they have slightly thicker scales.

Drake Tooth - (5/9/0/5/Garrison, Ranged, Mountain-Capable(free)) (30)
Scales too small to deflect like their kin's scales, The Teeth use razor sharp spines that grow along their back and tail.

Wyrmling - (3/0/0/20/Scout, Forest Capable, Water Capable, Mountain-Capable(free)) (30)
Baby wyrms with long sinewy bodies, these creatures can work their way through woods and swim even.

Drake Guard - (12/7/7/5/Rider, Frightening, Mountain-Capable(free)) (90+10)
The elite of the basic infantry, these Draconians are terrifying in battle and often ride into battle on one of the more Beastial drakes.

Special Units
Special units are divided into two classes, Knight (humanoid) and Beast (animal). Knights cannot be Mounts and Beasts cannot be Riders.

Drake Outrider - (13/5/6/18/Beast, Mount, Speed Boost 2, Heavy, Mountain-Capable(free)) (60+10)
Despite their large size these beasts are surprisingly fast, crashing across the battlefield, often with a rider, sometimes two, upon their back.

Fiend Drakes - (8/5/2/12/Beast, Speed Boost 1, Frightening, Toxin, Forest-Capable, Mountain-Capable(free)) (60+10)
These beastial creatures have poisonous bites and their face looks like a bare skull. They are often used en mass against command units.

Wyrm Guard - (12/8/10/5/Knight, Frightening, Rider, Mountain-Capable(free)) (120+20)
Often used as sergeants in the Draconian armies, despite lacking any leadership skill, the Guard ride upon the back of Outriders, demoralizing the enemy with their ferocity and bloodthirst.

Elder Wyrm - (20/12/9/16/Beast, Heavy, Ranged, Toxin, Mount, Speed Boost+, Fire Breath, Desert-Capable, Mountain-Capable(free)) (300+50)
Massive monsters that can carry as many as three riders, the Wyrms spit compressed flammable-fluids great distances, raining fire upon the enemy. Their spines and bites are toxic and slay many who come across them in battle. They are not bothered by the harsh conditions of Desert terrain.

Naval Units
Naval units have an extra stat after move, cargo. A unit can hold an amount of light units equal to it’s cargo and heavy units equal to half of it’s cargo. Ships can only take one special: ranged.

River Drake - (6/2/4/7/8/Water-capable) (60)
Fashioned to resemble a large Wyrmling, these small ships often accompany the small scouts when they are exploring large bodies of water.

Sea Drake - (8/6/6/7/16/Water-capable, Ranged) (90)
Well equipped for combat, these ships fire upon ship, troops and flying units alike with large crossbows.

Sea Wyrm - (14/10/10/7/30/Water-capable, Ranged) (130)
The largest of the Draconian ships they are equipped with heavy armour and bristle with weapons.

Unique Units

Taskmaster(Courtier) - (6/0/0/5) (50+25/level)
Courtiers are special units who like warlords and casters can issue build orders and manage cities. A city with a courtier governing it multiplies its schmucker production by (courtier level+10)/10. (example, a 1st level city with a 1st level courtier will produce 660$) Courtiers gain 1 experience point per turn spent managing a city per level of the city.

Champion(Warlord) - (10/4+1d4/4+1d4/5/leadership, rider) (150+50/lvl)
Warlords are a must for every side because they are the only units able to perform your rulers tasks. Warlords can perform courtier tasks but will not gain experience from them. A warlord has a 5% chance of being popped with a Simple Special or Dance-fighting. There is also a 1 in 1+2^x chance that it will spawn as a caster (x is the number of casters already on your side).

Spellscale(Caster) - (6/3/3/5/caster) (250+50/lvl)
Casters perform the functions of a warlord, but do not give their leadership bonus to other units (unless they are made within their school (dirtamancer with golems, croakamancer with undead etc.)). Besides this they can also cast spells from their school. More on casters in the magic chapter.

Ascendee(Heir (Designate)) - (10/4+1d4/4+1d4/5/leadership, rider) (500+50/lvl)
This rank can either be popped or given to an existing warlord. A royal warlord or heir popped on a royal side will become an heir. A non-royal warlord or heir popped on a non-royal side will become an heir designate. If popped this unit has a 20% chance to get the a Special as Warlords do. Promoting a unit increases its upkeep by 400 schmuckers.

Great Wyrm(Ruler) - (10/8/8/5/Rider, Leadership) (0 upkeep)
A Ruler holds absolute authority over a side. Through natural thinkamancy they know the status of every unit on their side, and can issue orders to units in the same hex. The Ruler sets all cities’ production, and has final authority to End Turn. They also have the ability to disband their own units at any time, except when a unit is captured by the enemy.

Named everything and spent the points. I'll add in some more fluff, how's it look?
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Well, Ranged+Flying isn't allowed <_<
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm

So if a mount has Jinn Stealth, does it stealth its riders along with it when it goes into stealth?
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Exate » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:So if a mount has Jinn Stealth, does it stealth its riders along with it when it goes into stealth?

Jinn Stealth was invented as a custom special for certain units of my side in Kaed's game, and given to all of them for flavor reasons. As Kaed has noted, each of the sides in his game benefited from a certain design flexibility with his review and approval as GM; I would be wary of assuming that it's particularly balanced as a drag-and-drop special for other units. If you want some kind of limited stealth effect I'd encourage you to work out something custom-balanced for your side with Sir Shadow rather than copying it, particularly if you want to achieve something which the original special was never intended for (like mounts cloaking riders; the Sandmen's jinn are all speaking units).

As a general rule, I would expect mechanics to follow and support flavor rather than the other way around, with the rules document as written being a usually-reliable guideline for power level and balance rather than a comprehensive list of what is possible.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Exateeee when are you going to progress your tuuurn
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games