Alriiighty, so in the process of helping GW make changes to the Rules that it's too late to implement here, I came across one that I think we could still implement. Uniform basic infantry (Pikers, Stabbers, Archers, and Scouts would be identical for all sides, in terms of stats. Appearance remains customizable)
I will only move forward with this if every single player agrees to it though.
Answers to a few questions I anticipate:
- This will be a Retconjuration spell. All units that are currently infantry will have their stats changed to the new template. Any units who were once infantry but have been promoted will keep their stats exactly as is.
- Knights will remain unique to each side, with their stats fully customizable.
- Scouts will come in two types, Ground and Flying. Each side chooses one or the other at creation (or in this case, you get the type you already have)
- Mika keeps his Mounts in place of Scouts.
- Sides with the +2 bonus will pop infantry that are inherently better in a uniform manner, the same way leveling works.
- Stabbers +3 Hits
- Pikers +2 Def
- Archers +2 Com
- Scouts +2 Move
- No I'm not going to tell you what the uniform stats will be until after the vote, otherwise you'd be tempted to have a bias. Veil of Ignorance FTW lol.
Are there any further questions or objections?