Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:21 am

understandslittle wrote:(Isn't west left?)

((... You saw nothing... >_< ))

Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:28 am

West
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 am

understandslittle wrote:West

((Hmm, I see issues constantly updating it like this. Perhaps PM, then when you're done moving we post the fully scouted battlespace in this thread?))
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 am

"Sire, have we claimed those farms?" I inquire as we move back to the War Room to check the updated map before departing. "If not we could form a small stack on Peekers to detour and claim then before rejoining the column at Turn's End."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:09 am

"Majesty, that meal was extraordinary. Such flavours! Such quantities! I salute you."

Metter Nick gives a deep bow to his Cooking King.

"I must ask if your jocular apron is serious? If so, I kiss your dirty shoe."

"Bon! To War!"

"I beg the leading of the van."
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 am

I look at the map calculating move, "We can make a detour to take the main column to hit each farm. Either way, it will take the same amount of turns to reach the city due to the Light Forests in the way."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 am

"I concur. The beauty of a hex-based world is that the shortest distance between two points can include scenic diversions."

"I confess I am confused, however. Is our Target Plot, or Fourshadow. I have a memory that someone talked the King into sending the uncroaked against Fourshadow. Is this correct?"

"If I am to led the Van I ought to lead it in the correct direction, nes par?"
LTDave

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 am

LTDave wrote:"I have a memory that someone talked the King into sending the uncroaked against Fourshadow. Is this correct?"
"You are mistaken friend. The uncroaked are weak without Rax's command, and the Emperor has insisted we remain together. We move to take Plot by overwhelming force so as to minimize our losses."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 am

With a nod of agreement, I elaborate, "Our first target will be plot and we'll swing around to hit the other cities. A side benefit of taking Plot first is that we will have increased production of ships sooner for our inevitable campaign against the fifth city."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:22 am

"Very well! We go!"

Metter Nick moves down to the Courtyard, and begins assembling the remaining forces, in consultation with the Prince.

"The Infantry to move together in a large body, nes par, guarding the Casters? You, my Prince, to command the main body?"

"I will ride with the 'eepers to take the southern farm, and then scout a path in front of the main body, which will end turn, what, at the eastern farm?"

"Bon! Avanti!"
LTDave

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 am

LTDave wrote:"Very well! We go!"

Metter Nick moves down to the Courtyard, and begins assembling the remaining forces, in consultation with the Prince.

"The Infantry to move together in a large body, nes par, guarding the Casters? You, my Prince, to command the main body?"

"I will ride with the 'eepers to take the southern farm, and then scout a path in front of the main body, which will end turn, what, at the eastern farm?"

"Bon! Avanti!"

Sir Shadow wrote:With a nod of agreement, I elaborate, "Our first target will be plot and we'll swing around to hit the other cities. A side benefit of taking Plot first is that we will have increased production of ships sooner for our inevitable campaign against the fifth city."

Knowitall's units stand at attention. How many shall you take, and how shall they be managed?
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 am

I'm thinking:

200 stabbers (uncroaked)
100 archer (uncroaked)
100 pikers (uncroaked)
30 diggers (uncroaked)
1 knight (uncroaked)
30 diggers
26 dire wulfs
24 peekers
4 Heavy Metal Golems
and 15 Archons

That will leave for the capital:
100 uncroaked archers
100 uncroaked pikers
40 pikers
and 10 dire wulfs

and 3 archons are going to Diagenic to scout
Sir Shadow

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 am

"Hmm, not a terrible idea, but if we're going to be assaulting the enemy tower, we're going to need all the Peakers we can bring. There will be Cravens popping next turn that can be used for scouting around Lore. As for stacking order, it shouldn't matter until we arrive at Plot as I doubt we'll encounter any enemies in the field. Everyone should be traveling max stack in order to screen regardless."
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:15 pm

As you are prepping to leave three flying figure fly back into Lore.

Tank reports his scouting, and it looks like this

Acorntail wrote:Image
understandslittle

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am

"En Avant!"

Metter Nick gives a salute to the Prince, then issues orders to the Dire Wulfs.

"Wulfs! Bon! I wish 4 stacks of 8. The rest to remain 'ere."

"I will also take 7 of the Peekers. With me on board, that makes a full stack."

"My Prince, it is at the Eastern Farm that I will meet you, nes par?"

"Let us proceed!"

[Heading out of Lore, SW, SW, E, SW, E, E (this should be the Southern Farm. Claim it for the Empire!), SE, E, E, NE, NE, W (this should be the Eastern Farm. Claim it for the Imperator!)]

[The Dire Wulfs should have 0 move left at this point, so I leave them in hex, and fly with the Peekers (18 move remaining) NE, NW, NE, NW, NE, NW, NE, NW, E, SE, SW, SE, SW, SE, SE, SW, SW, W, which should bring the whole lot back to the Eastern Farm.]

"Bon!"

[Should something be encountered along the way, or terrain be other than expected, Metter Nick will alter the path to ensure all units will end turn at the East Farm]

LTDave

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 am

LTDave wrote:[Heading out of Lore, SW, SW, E, SW, E, E (this should be the Southern Farm. Claim it for the Empire!), SE, E, E, NE, NE, W (this should be the Eastern Farm. Claim it for the Imperator!)]

[The Dire Wulfs should have 0 move left at this point, so I leave them in hex, and fly with the Peekers (18 move remaining) NE, NW, NE, NW, NE, NW, NE, NW, E, SE, SW, SE, SW, SE, SE, SW, SW, W, which should bring the whole lot back to the Eastern Farm.]

As you get over the ocean, you are forced to pull back at the deep sea hexes. Fliers can only go so far; a ship will be needed to go further safely.
Acorntail

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 am

"Oh! Bien!"

[OOC: Tres Awesome, Acorntail! When I grow up I want to be able to draw like you!]

[Can you send me a big one of those? I want to update my Constipated Marbit to that guy!]
LTDave

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 am

I prepare myself to depart, ready to stack up with Rax and join the infantry group.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:53 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games