Empires X - Erflia - COMPLETED - OOC discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Playing

Postby Deo » Tue May 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Deo wrote:I am going to go ahead and say that in the first week of June I am going to be flying out of state and will be busy for most of the week with questionable access to a computer. The last two (or three) days I will be spending on the road driving home through the Great Plains.

Just letting everyone know that I will be out of state on the 31st and will be helping move stuff from a house in Minnesota to Arizona at during that time. So depending on how long we stay in Minnesota, how good the internet might be, and how much time is spent on the road, my ability to use the internet is likely going to be intermittent.
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Playing - OOC discussion

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

HerbieRai wrote:, or taking over another empire and destroying it with incompetence if you like.

Hey, dat's my shtick
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GJC » Tue May 27, 2014 1:57 pm

HerbieRai wrote: taking over another empire and destroying it with incompetence if you like.

Hey, you played well! Gave us quite a bit of trouble, that's for sure. It definitely could've gone differently.
GJC

Postby HerbieRai » Tue May 27, 2014 4:46 pm

GJC - thanks for the support, but you didnt' need to ally to destroy me. I was basing my entire defensive strategy on the unexplained notion that the enemy needed siege to get past defenses (the rules stated the opposite), and I failed to scout along roads the first few turns of gameplay, missing a possible city site and natural allies. I ended up expertly designing my knights (even a broken clock is right twice a day), but for some unexplained reason I still thought 2 archers were a better investment than 1 knight, even though the knight had over double the attack and hp of an archer, maximum defense, and the ability to ride (both units had ranged). It wasn't until the fighting started that I realized the errors, and even if you had waited another 5 or 10 turns I'd just have been more behind.

The only way the war could have gone in my favor is if I upgraded my archers to Knights when you attacked Victoria, but that would only have made it a more even fight, I still doubt it would have been in my favor.
HerbieRai

Postby GJC » Tue May 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey, I made more than my fair share of mistakes too, believe you me. It was early in the game, a lot of things were uncertain. If you don't end up playing another side, we'd gladly give you a look behind the scenes of what Wonderland's currently up to.
GJC

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Playing

Postby LTDave » Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Deo wrote:Just letting everyone know that I will be out of state on the 31st and will be helping move stuff from a house in Minnesota to Arizona at during that time. So depending on how long we stay in Minnesota, how good the internet might be, and how much time is spent on the road, my ability to use the internet is likely going to be intermittent.

I will also be AFK for the first few days of June, though I will not be driving to Minnesota. Just the 600km to Sydney.

HerbieRai wrote:Hey Dave, I want to say if you have a use of me I'm open to RPing a great empire, helping GM, or taking over another empire and destroying it with incompetence if you like.

I will PM you about this. Cheers.
LTDave

Postby Silversought » Tue May 27, 2014 10:05 pm

I guess I can take my time on my turn then. XD
Silversought

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Already, I think I know what direction to take my city construction from this point on.
CroverusRaven

Postby GJC » Wed May 28, 2014 1:39 pm

More stages for the party? : D
GJC

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed May 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Yeah, gotta make a Rolfie Band first, then everyoen needs to send courtiers to replace the warlords that had been attending.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Wed May 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Turn 17 continues with Voyera and Winter Wonderland.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:34 am

I have orders from both Voyera and Wonderland, and will attempt to process them in the next few hours.

I will be travelling from Monday through Friday Australian time, so the game will be on hiatus for the rest of the week.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 am

I'm still travelling, but have found a place to connect and process some orders.

Turn 17 has now come to an end.

Turn 18 has begun with Deo, and the Eastern Alliance players of Brimstone and GWvsJohn (that treaty has been accepted as official).

From the IC thread it should be clear that HerbieRai and Taikei no Yuurei have taken on roles within the Confederacy of Nuremdorf (Part of the Republic of Uberalles) and the Grand Duchy of the Fae respectively.

I believe Deo is still driving to see the biggest ball of yarn in Minnesota, so the game will be delayed until his return.
LTDave

Postby Deo » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:06 am

On my cell. Should be home by mid to late Saturday, trip was longer then expected. Will send turn late Saturday or Sunday.
Deo

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:10 pm

No problems, Deo.

I have processed the Eastern Alliance orders.

Next up, the Moppets and the Grand Duchy of the Fae (and Nuremdorf, once Deo is processed).
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 am

Orders should be posted. Darn weather and it's move penalties.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:50 am

Turn 18 continues.

Taikei no Yuurei and Herbierai are phasing now.

Then it will be the central alliance powers of Voyera and Winter Wonderland.

The write up in the IC thread is a bit more than my usual PG style. I hope no one is offended by the idea of bears having relations.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:46 am

Everyone does it. Nothing wrogn about it. Heck based on the comic having sex is a common thing in erfworld.
CroverusRaven

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 am

The movie Ted grossed over half a billion dollars worldwide. We've all been exposed to hot teddy bear sex before :)
GWvsJohn

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 am

Also I booked a message to the duchy. Not sure if Dave or Taikei is running them or they are just ignoring me but wanted to make sure it wasn't missed :)
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games