ErfGame Open to all

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: ErfGame Open to all

Postby Grand Diplomat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I can tell you that there are quiet definitely going to be a whole bunch more deaths before the end of turn 4.

What were the two things I have yet to reward, Durmatagno?
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Godzfirefly » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Durmatagno wrote:I'm wondering what my next two rewards are going to be, I *really* liked my last one, and my first one can be useful in of itself.

Yeah, I wasn't too lucky with my first one. It was literally worse than useless, since it would have cost more in upkeep than I make in income or it would have taken about 20 Turns of a smaller upkeep before I could make use of it with a small chance that I never would get to use it. But, you know...different people get different things, and I expect we won't all get rewards that we want to accept...

I do hope my second reward fits my side better, though. If all my rewards are unusable, it might just discourage me from writing any more. :D
Godzfirefly

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 pm

I loved my first reward. It came with a book! Kinda....
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Grand Diplomat wrote:I can tell you that there are quiet definitely going to be a whole bunch more deaths before the end of turn 4.

What were the two things I have yet to reward, Durmatagno?

Also, you're so evil! I love it!

The third part of my story and the little parody thing, seeing as its about one reward per turn, it makes sense I haven't gotten em yet.

Godzfirefly wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:I'm wondering what my next two rewards are going to be, I *really* liked my last one, and my first one can be useful in of itself.

Yeah, I wasn't too lucky with my first one. It was literally worse than useless, since it would have cost more in upkeep than I make in income or it would have taken about 20 Turns of a smaller upkeep before I could make use of it with a small chance that I never would get to use it. But, you know...different people get different things, and I expect we won't all get rewards that we want to accept...

I do hope my second reward fits my side better, though. If all my rewards are unusable, it might just discourage me from writing any more. :D

I think they're him pushing things already happening around you to where you can interact with them so far. Both of mine have been unit type things so far.
Everyone started out a little insane
But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game
But some of you never learned to drop the act
So under that skin of yours: a heart attack
Durmatagno

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Durmatagno wrote:I think their him pushing things already happening around you to where you can interact with them so far. Both of mine have been unit type things so far.

All I'll say about my reward is that it wasn't a unit, and that it is part of the reason I'm drawing stuff instead of writing anything, because I don't want to reveal what it is, but it'd be hard not to include it in writing :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:I think their him pushing things already happening around you to where you can interact with them so far. Both of mine have been unit type things so far.

All I'll say about my reward is that it wasn't a unit, and that it is part of the reason I'm drawing stuff instead of writing anything, because I don't want to reveal what it is, but it'd be hard not to include it in writing :P

The Big Book of Croakmancy, Volume 1: So you want to know how to uncroak?
Durmatagno

Postby Jacior » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Wow, I just got an email and a whole bunch of messages.

People are doing things! Talk of death! Is it really turn 4 already?
Jacior

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:00 pm

It's been so long, did we even have a turn 3? I don't remember!
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Nah, just predicting lots of combat. Turn 3 is all but over, Feral units will be finishing up between today and tomorrow. I need Safaquel to say something so cause there's a long line of people and he's at their head.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Grand Diplomat wrote:Nah, just predicting lots of combat. Turn 3 is all but over, Feral units will be finishing up between today and tomorrow. I need Safaquel to say something so cause there's a long line of people and he's at their head.

Wait, turn 3 is all but over? I've done nothing for turn 3 <-<
Durmatagno

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Grand Diplomat wrote:Nah, just predicting lots of combat. Turn 3 is all but over, Feral units will be finishing up between today and tomorrow. I need Safaquel to say something so cause there's a long line of people and he's at their head.

Really? Cause... I haven't even started turn 3 yet.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 pm

I meant turn 2 is all but over turn 3 is starting tonight.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Grand Diplomat wrote:I meant turn 2 is all but over turn 3 is starting tonight.

Okay, good, I freaked out for a second there ^-^:
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 pm

2nd Part of AAR #2:

Spoiler: show
Derrick Bell was a Chime, a scout of the Side of Armethalieh. He'd popped with five siblings. Four brothers and a sister. The Chimes didn't carry weapons, but did pop with small bells that they could use to send their reports back home to their commander. And, even if he were out of resonance range, as long as he was in range of another Scout he could echo the report off of their bells and bounce them home. So, even though he and his brothers had scattered across the region around Armethalieh, Derrick still felt close to each of them.

He was even having a conversation with his brother Ellis when he made his discovery. The mountain passes he'd been assigned to map were challenging to climb, but his echoing bells helped him navigate. He had just finished a particularly challenging pass when he peered down through the hex barrier into the valley ahead. And, what he saw there put a huge grin on his face. The valley ahead was terraced, clearly sculpted to accommodate buildings, but were bare. He could make out the twinkling of a pool of water on a central terrace where a well might be. And, the terracing was perfectly hexagonal. This was an empty city site!

Derrick's heart raced with excitement. A discovery like this could justify the upkeep of a site for dozens of Turns! And, while Derrick was sure Overlord Cilarnen wouldn't disband him or any of his siblings without cause, a little extra security doesn't hurt. Derrick was so excited about his discovery, he forgot that the mountain passes had drained his move to zero at this hex. He hurried forward and bounced off of the hex barrier. Landing on his bottom with an "Oof!" of discomfort, he was suddenly glad that his brothers weren't here to see him. Getting up and rubbing his nose with one hand and his bottom with another, he sighed. Exploration of the site would have to wait until next turn. Instead, he picked up the bells from where he'd dropped them when he fell and started chiming the report across the Chime Chord and grinned as the excited responses began pouring in from both his siblings and the Overlord. He may not have made the most immediately important discovery this Turn, but this would definitely help ensure the safety of the side. This turn, he is a rock star!
Godzfirefly

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Now I can't wait to find out what my third reward might be,
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Now, you make me look forward to my second AAR reward, too. :D
Godzfirefly

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:46 pm

Really? Can I has hint as to what the first was?
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 pm

I don't know...Are you able to hint at it without telling me what it is? I'm a pretty good guesser, after all... ;)
Godzfirefly

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:51 am

Godzfirefly wrote:I don't know...Are you able to hint at it without telling me what it is? I'm a pretty good guesser, after all... ;)

Hills and Desert are my hints :P
Durmatagno

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 am

So, who thinks they're going to lose units this next turn?
Durmatagno

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games