The Crucible Discussion Thread

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Crucible - Erfworld Game (3 openings)

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 pm

I'll assume Kaed is referring to Erfrules 3.0 which can be viewed at that link, just to save people the trouble of trying to find them. Disclaimer, there are a few bugs to work out, especially with regard to Workers, Siege, and Resource Points, because I ran out of time to tweak them and didn't bother to finish because GW didn't need them anyway.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Do you want sides now or would you rather every one wait to post sides till after you choose who gets to play?
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm

I was assuming he'd like to see the whole package, hence why I have refrained from posting until I get home from work and can do the Mathamancy required to deisgn units and cities.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm

In that case I think I have editing to do.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Kaed » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 pm

What faelan said.

I mean, 0beron :v
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:36 pm

There we go. Now I just gotta cross my Fingers...
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 am

Side: Voje
Ruler: Queen Miranda
Side Colors & Livery: White V in a black circle on a gold field.
Bonus: Call in a Favor

History:
Spoiler: show
The side of Voje traces it's lineage back to a now long forgotten side by the name of Pairee. Though already blessed with a Dollamancer, one day an Heir popped as a second, the Prince Turnure. With an abundance of Princes already, the King Louis readily gave this spare spin-off powers and thus Voje was born. In the many thousand-turns since, various Kings or Queens have taken their turn on the throne, each having very distinct differences from the former, though all favored their Dollamancers. One would be hard pressed to note a period in the side's long history when it was not blessed by a Dollamancer, whether by pop or trade, many of them serving as Chief.

Though the annals of history carried many fruitful turns for Voje, they were in due time beset by a period of intense warfare and strife as recompense. The neighboring side of Pax Roma had grown fat and bloated gobbling up many smaller sides, and replaced their King with an Overlord. Civil war soon broke out as Royal Warlords fought the new regime, and the side's many Heirs squabbled over their territory. Those who were discontent with their lot looked to neighboring sides and began to bite of weakly defended chunks, until the civil war had spread to a full scale regional conflict.

It was during this time that the young Princess Miranda first appears in the side's records. Popped as an Heir behind several of her brothers and sisters, she occupied her time with foreign relations. Though her stats were far from remarkable, and her skills at combat tactics were less than admirable, she showed a firm grasp of people and what motivated them. With a level of skill that prompted whispers she was in reality a Rhyme-o-mancer with veiled stats, she negotiated treaty after treaty against all expectations. Units who would never so much as step foot in the same city miraculously agreed to terms of alliance with one another if she was present, all thanks to her carefully planned blackmail and posturing.

Unfortunately not even her political grace could save Voje from the war entirely. While away on a diplomatic mission, Miranda suddenly felt herself rising up the line of succession until she was Queen. She had with her the Chief Dollamancer Timmy, and a strong stack of Dolls they were planning to sell. Using the muscle on hand, and the gossip of the court, she blackmailed her host into surrendering his stash of gems, and made a break for a single-city bubble kingdom nearby. Entering under pretense of trade, she took the Garrison from within and Razed the city, rebuilding Voje anew.

In the few hundred-turns that followed, she patiently watched and waited, claiming nearby cities whenever the action moved elsewhere. With careful blackmail and persuasion, she convinced each of the Rulers that these cities really should be left in her capable hands, lest certain casters within the MK choose to take their services elsewhere. The Roma conflict fizzled as the princes all fell and gave way to the sides of today. Just when things were looking up for Miranda, tragedy struck again. A lone Caster stumbled through her Portal, disoriented and Incapacitated...a Caster Miranda knew well. It was the Lookamancer Cassie, daughter of King Priam of Troy, a good ally. Since the day she had popped she had been bound in a link with the side's Predictamancer. Though it was difficult to get any details from her in her current state, it appeared the side had fallen, and Cassie was sent here to save her. The damage from the prolonged link was severe, but she carried with her some magic item that Timmy had yet to identify. Now with a domain to be proud of, Miranda turned her attention from merely surviving, to thriving.

Units:
Scouts: Flying Type
Knights: Models: 13/10/5/5/Rider, Toxin
(A) Interns: 13/7/7/0/Packmind, Heavy, Homeguard
(B) Cwitics: 8/5/2/6/Frightening, Score, Rider
(C) Runaways: 17/6/9/16/Mount, Heavy, Meatshield
(D) Designers: 16/6/6/19/Heavy, Flight, Leadership, Tactical Simplemancy (Doll, Sign, Money, Carny)

Game Benefits:
Cities: (stats coming soon)
Capital lvl 5
One Level 3
Two Level 2's
Casters:
Timmy: Adept Dollamancer, Level 5
Cassie: Novice Lookamancer, Level ?, Incapacitated (Psychic)
Last edited by 0beron on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 am

Wow....
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 am

Doesn't anyone else want to join? owo We've only got three entrants, I don't want to close too early and have people miss out...
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 am

I'll be dropping an app later today.
GWvsJohn

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 am

same here.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 am

I'm looking into making some revisions on our dealing with 'resource points', now that we have a fresh game.

Mainly in that I plan on phasing them out entirely as city add-ons, and making them special terrain locations like they are apparently supposed to be.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:52 am

Read the damn rules doc, I already fixed that mister :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Uh, except I don't think I will be including 'workers' because that's silly and non-canon :P

Unless of course, you found something I missed :V

I will probably allow you to design your cities with 1 resource point at start, at a higher point cost than it used to be, because these are supposed to be speical points that you're lucky to have near a city, not things that you just BUILD.

Unless you have a caster I guess. Casters sorta break normal rules as their job.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Hmm. Interesting discussion.
Last edited by Grand Diplomat on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Workers are based on Diggers, I just gave them a more generic name. The Comic says Diggers have natural Dirtamancy that allows them to dig, and then Rob's convention reveal about how resource gathering actually works said that units with natural dirtamancy are able to work the land. He technically never mentions Lumber Mills, that's my own invention, but digging for Schmuckers and manually growing rations are apparently a thing and Diggers seem to be the ones who do it.

That reminds me though I still gotta design the Siege Towers haha.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Did anyone take advantage of the overstacked abilities idea? Please tell me now so I can calculate things.

If I decided to pointcheck you at a later date and find out you snuck it in and relied on my laziness to get extra power unnoticed, your entire side will be disbanded :I
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Well my side should be all point correct but if it's not please tell me and I'll fix it.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Side: Kentacohut
Ruler: King Crunchwrap Supreme
Colors & Livery: Unsure. Never been good at these.
Bonus: Undecided

History:
King Crunchwrap Supreme was popped by a side in need. They had been at war for many hundred turns with Burgerstan and Chickenshack who hated each other just as much as they hate Casa Bonita. None of the sides was in good shape but Crunchwrap's side's leadership corp was running thin. His Brother Prince Jimmy Changa Supreme had croaked 2 turns before he popped. He had a sister who had been popped immediately previous previous to him as an heir. She had also popped as a Hat Magician. With only a handful of low level Warlords left his Father was forced to lead as Ruler and Chief Warlord or get slaughtered by the leadership gap. Over then next few hundred turns the war raged on and Crunchwrap reached level 4. The enemy rulers also took to the field rather than be called cowards by his Father though every side was wise enough to keep an heir in their capitals. The war came to a head at the Battle of the Bulge where all three Rulers and two Chief Warlords died. Crunchwrap made level 6, he had croaked a Ruler and a Chief Warlord, and was promoted to Chief Warlord. His stint as Chief didn't last long though. With their Father's hatred dead the new Rulers, who had never even met before, had all agreed to not only a treaty but an alliance (Everyone was feeling a bit like easy pickings). The other sides only major stipulation however was that Crunchwrap had to go. They all agreed it was the best way to make sure no hostilities arose for his having killed so many of their friends and family personally. Though his Sister hated to see him go they both saw not only the wisdom but the adventure of it! No one had anywhere in particular to send him off to so he'd be taking a boat and few units in search of a capital. After more than a score of turns at sea, through fate or luck, that's what he found. In the turns since Kentacohut has grown and expanded and tasted its share of victories and defeats. They've also popped not one but two casters! And The Mighty Crunchwrap Supreme still rules!

I didn't want to be specific about terrain or nearby sides but I imagine some warfare with someone nearby would be required for at least one of the cities. I'm sure he didn't find them all unoccupied when he found the capital site.

Units:
Scouts: Flying type
Knights: Churro (14/7/7/5 Rider, Ranged)
A special: Chalupacabra (11/4/4/18 Mount, Speed Boost x2)
B Special: Fried Chicken Hawk Stats (11/3/3/18 Flight, Packmind)
C Special: Thinkrust (17/6/7/16 Tactical: Think & Heal, Fabrication, Heavy, Speed Boost x2).
D Special: Bullrito (24/10/6/15 Heavy, Mount, Sonic Breath, Earthshaker) (300+50)

Game Benefits:
Cities
Capital (Fourthmeal): Level 5
Three Level 2 cities, One extra city (1 fp)
Casters
Prince Tortimato Supreme Adept Dirtamancer, Level 6
Princess Tomatilla Supreme Adept ??? Level ? (2 fp)
Mikalyaran

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games