Empires X.1 - Erflia - IC ONLY

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Empires X.1 - Erflia - IC ONLY

Postby Deo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:06 pm

[Book]

Voyera, and Balif Hassik, We would be willing to greet you both within the border city of Westwold.

Warlord Altair looks forward to your visit.

Charl E. Main.

[/Book]
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 am

[book]
Janis Tassadar

You indicated a wish to parley, possibly at one of your cities, next turn. Your courtiers may have unlimited move, but mine do not. If you wish any sort of proper parley you will have to accept the presence of my units somewhere.

I will certainly not pay you even a single schmucker for attempting to respond to a request for peaceful negotiations. If you attack my courtier I will take it as an act of war, made during peaceful negotions. I'm sure others at least will then know how to treat any offers of parley or peace from you in the future.

Maurelle
[book]
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GJC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 am

[book]
Maurelle,

I will let my past statements speak for themselves.
Janis Tassadar wrote:We ask that you withdraw your unit back to your territorial lines.

Janis Tassadar wrote:We are happy to hear that you are open to negotiations. You need not dispatch a courtier this turn, though. We will be in touch.

We indicated specifically that we did not want you near our cities this turn, and we explicitly asked you to return your courtier to whence you'd came. Not once did we give you anything resembling permission to enter our territory.

However, we are not bloodthirsty, and we had not yet established clear borders. We are willing to believe that this was an honest mistake. You will be given a turn to withdraw your intruder back over water. But let us be very clear this time. If it ends turn over a land hex, it dies.

We will also position our previously announced Courtier near Fassen. We hope you will meet it there.

Janis Tassadar
[/book]
GJC

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 pm

[book]
Wonderland has been far too blatantly building up forces on our border for too long. Their poor excuses at diplomacy, taking offense at every movement made, have grown tiresome. It is time to show that it will not be tolerated. It is time to lead an offensive and crush that army before it has a chance to strike against my split forces. While I dislike making the first move and appearing as the aggressor, there is little choice. I do not wish to give Wonderland time to reposition its assault and simply attack from another direction, as they have been too open in building such a large assault force right on our borders. While no doubt some will think me the agressor, and in some ways I am, I urge them to consider the strike force of G type units built up right on my border, nearly more units than my side could even sustain, with nearly as many again within joining distance. I also urge them to remember their secretive nature, growing hostile at the approach of envoys, no doubt worried about their strike force being discovered, and this exact recourse being taken.

Maurelle Alva, Duchess of the Grand Duchy of the Fae
[/book]

((Edited for signature))
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Battle at Cryophoenix

Postby LTDave » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Puck Goodfellow was used to flying – all Fae can fly. He had spent many turns flitting about the towers of the Grand Duchy’s Capital, chasing fattees and fairies, and enjoying himself immensely.

But this – this was something else. The Fae Dwagon did not flit nor flutter. It just flew – straight ahead – no deviation in altitude or attitude. Just Flew. And fast.

The order had been abrupt. The new Duchess spoke, and the units responded. Puck had not expected to climb aboard the terrifying dwagon and dash across the sky with a bunch of warriors and knights clinging on for dear life. But here he was. And there was the Duchess herself, coming down from the north.

The Armada met in the air outside the city hex. The Duchess gave a little speech about the necessity of what was about to happen – striking the first blow – not wanting to be the aggressor but forced to respond to threats – courage – death to enemies of the Fae – the usual sorts of thing, Puck imagined. Though it had been a long time since the Grand Duchy had made war. Running and hiding was more their style – or had been under the previous Duke.

The stacks were re-arranged, and the Duchess called Puck to ride with her and a warlord on a Dwagon named “Wogew.”

She gave Puck a little look. “Ready, foolamancer?”

He nodded. “Yes Duchess. As ready as I will ever be. One question, if I may?”

“Hmmm?”

“Why am I here?”

She laughed her cold chuckle. “No time for philosophy, Fool! This is war!”
Last edited by LTDave on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby Silversought » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:26 am

[Book]This is a message from the Mogul.

Duchess Alva, I plead with you! Cease this brash action! I have no words describing how much the Winterview Alliance would regret this war, let alone the fact that you did not even consider diplomacy![/Book]
Silversought

Postby GJC » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:17 am

[Book]
Maurelle

Are you familiar with the fate of the last Side who tried to take a city from us? Do us both a favor and look them up.
If we had wanted to destroy your side, you would have been long-since destroyed. The only thing your needless aggression achieves is to cause the very war that you claim you're pre-empting.

Do whatever you wish, but know that we do not stand alone in this matter. If you persist in your foolishness, Winterview will come for you.

Signed
Janis Tassadar,
of the Winterview alliance

[/Book]
GJC

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 am

“I need a pay rise.” Eyes muttered to himself.

Governing a level two city in the provinces was interesting in an incredibly dull way. Tour the city buildings, make sure everything had popped correctly, await any interesting orders, then retire to read or sleep or hobbies. There wasn’t even anyone to talk to, a very dull state of affairs for a courtier. There were things to talk to – but the Reigndeer weren’t much for conversation. They were more of the stamping and snorting and threatening to gore kind of creatures. Eyes Cube tended to keep as far from them as possible.

But not at the moment. The trumpets had sounded, and Eyes was stacked with the horrible creatures, watching the horde fly in from the North. The Fae. The Fae had arrived, and planned on making Eyes’ life as un-dull as possible.

He counted 41 units, including 7 massive Dwagons.

Cryophoenix was defended by 8 Reigndeer, and Eyes Cube, a courtier. The city had no walls or towers, so this was going to be brutal.

The Fae called out for Parley, and Eyes called out for them to reconsider… but that was not going to happen. Standing orders were clear – defend the city at all costs.

“Reigndeer! Open fire!”

{176 ranged attacks}
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:16 am

Puck watched in horror as blasts of pure energy came arcing out of the city – the strange creatures below seemed able to generate lightning from their glowing red noses, and direct it using their antlers.

Most of the attacks were directed towards the Fae Warriors, who watched with wide eyes as they were incinerated. An entire stack was roasted entire – of the other, only one warrior remained, and she was badly burnt.

A third shot of energy came towards the command stack, where Puck and Duchess rode. The Warlord gave some kind of order, and the Dwagons lifted their heads, taking the bulk of the attack on their armoured underside. The stack took just 8 hits.

The Duchess whooped and waved her sword. The Warlord nodded, and ordered the attack. Three stacks of Dwagons and Knights bore down on the Reigndeer, but the creatures had split into three stacks, one of 6, and the others solo. The solo creatures opened their maws and howled, targeting the other Dwagon stacks. A Gust attack! Puck had heard of such things, but was horrified to see it in action. The other stacks were out of this phase of battle.

The Command Dwagon stack engaged the large Reigndeer stack, and started with their Acid breath attacks. In response, the Deer sour spat back, and then followed this up with Acid breath was well.

Puck wet himself. Then screamed. Then wet himself again.

The actual fighting was slightly less terrifying then being sprayed with acid and whatever was in that spit. He had a small sword, which he waved in the general direction of the Reigndeer, and hoped for the best. But the Reigndeer were fierce, and the acid and sour spit had done its work. They had clearly outmatched their foe, but took ridiculous casualties in reponse.

{Melee Phase One: Main Reigndeer stack takes 55 hits, Command Dwagon stack takes 116 hits. Remaining Fae Warrior inflicts 2 hits one Decoy Reigndeer stack 1, and is destroyed by taking 12 hits}

Puck heard the Warlord giving orders to the Duchess, something he had never imagined possible. She objected, but he responded heatedly. “We’re almost karked! We can’t take another hit like that. And this crap won’t come off.”

Puck opened his eyes to see the Warlord tugging at the pink spit on his armour. He was covered in blood and gore, and Rogew was barely flying.

“Fine.” The Duchess nodded. “Send in the rest. Guard the Command stack.”

It was an academic discussion, as the large Reigndeer stack howled at them, and Puck spent the rest of the phase being buffeted and deafened, while screaming, puking, and wetting himself for a third time.

{Melee Phase Two: Dwagon stack 1 inflicts 57 hits on Main Reigndeer, and takes 48 hits in reply. Dwagon stack 2 inflicts 142 hits on Decoy stack 1, croaking it and Eyes Cube the Courtier. Decoy stack 2 inflicts 12 hits on Dwagon stack 1. Command Dwagon stack affected by Gust.}

“Finish the job.”

Puck stopped screaming long enough to watch the Dwagon stacks engage the few standing Reigndeer. There were shouts and screams, but the Command stack stayed well out of it, gliding in at the very last moment so that the Warlord could deliver a final blow to the last dying creature.

{Melee Phase Three: Command and Dwagon stack 2 inflict 67 hits on Main Reigndeer, taking 17 hits in reply. Dwagon stack 1 inflict 33 hits on Decoy stack 2, taking 7 hits in reply.}
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:24 am

Cryophoenix falls to the Duchy. All defenders elminated. Duchy forces take 55% casualties.

The Duchess was cleaning her blade on a Wonderland banner as Puck approached.

"You asked for me, Majesty?"

She nodded. "Remeber what you asked me, Foolamancer, before the battle started?"

"Yes, Majesty."

"Ask me again."

"Why am I here?"

"To hide this hex. Start casting."

Puck nodded and walked away, raising his hands and muttering the power word: "Brigadoon."
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:42 am

Not wanting to be outdone by the Duchess, the Ruler of Voyera mounts a MegaWit and flies to defend his ally.

Battle at Vingerdell

Mogulson yells as he enters the hex: "Voyera will be taking this city as collateral while we negotiate an end to this war. We will take this city by force if you do not surrender."

Voyeran Forces:
Ruler
1 C-Class
2 Heavy C-Class
6 Veshtu Warriors
1 MegaWit

Fae Forces:
9 B-Class Fae Archers
2 Courtiers
1 Warlord

Vingerdell is a level 2 city, with level 1 walls and towers.

The battle is brief, and not worth a full report.
The Fae are eliminated, Voyera takes 30% casualties.

Vingerdell is razed.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 am

Battle at Fassen:

The Central Alliance continue their attacks on the Grand Duchy, with Voyeran Units assisted by Wonderland Reigndeer and Slay

Allied Units:
3 Warlords
27 Veshtu Warriors
3 MegaWits
4 Reigndeer
1 Slay

Fae Units:
3 Fae Warriors
17 Fae Archers
1 Dwagon

It really is a very one-sided affair - 568 hits vs 120, 612 Combat vs 256, and average defence of 5.18 vs 8.067 (thanks to defences)

Fassen is a level 3 city with level 3 Walls, Towers, and Dungeons.

It is all over in two melee phases - the Reigndeer Acid Breath effectively negates a level of defences, and there is only one Dwagon to return the favour.

Fassen falls to the alliance, who take 20% casualties.
LTDave

Postby Silversought » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:57 am

[Book]This is an announcement from the Mogul Mediason of Voyera, member of the Winterview Alliance.

Duchess; you have made a grave error, but it is not impossible to right this wrong. I beseech you, be reasonable and speak with us. Do not force us to croak more good units in a war we did not ask for.[/Book]
Silversought

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:19 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby HerbieRai » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:07 am

[book]
To the sides of Erfilia

The confederacy has a fully built army, with many men seeking combat. As the Republik of Uberall does not seek an invasion, we are willing to sell some of our troops. If you are interested, contact us either through the book or other means.

~Baliff Hassik

[/book]
HerbieRai

Postby BrimStone » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:26 pm

[book]

Downtown as part of the Eastern Alliance stands by Savage. We share concerns about the build up of Wonderland forces on their borders, both with the Fae and our end, and with the lack of diplomacy. If nothing is done now to restrict Wonderland from excessive expansion and military build up, nothing will ever, and all sides will be under the banner of Wonderland.

-OldKing Coal

[/book]
BrimStone

Postby Silversought » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:36 pm

[Book]To the Public of Erflia; this is the Mogul Mediason.

For the last ten turns, we have been allied with Wonderland and worked under its name, the Winterview Alliance. Unfortunately for Wonderland, it is pursuing an objective we cannot support, and we have been convinced that we will not support it. Voyera ends the Winterview Alliance, setting it to expire at the beginning of Turn 22, so as to give Wonderland the polite advanced warning. Once again, we are not an uncouth side.

To our friends the Bailiffs. We will be momentarily distracted ensuring there is no backlash from this decision farther East, but we will soon be asking you about your offer. It could be invaluable.[/Book]
Silversought

Postby Deo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:58 pm

[Book]

Whedawall has similar concerns as the good Lord Ronald has towards Wonderland. We thank the Moguls for making a stand and not further supporting the actions of its former wayward ally. This war needs to end, as soon as possible, the buildup of troops along a sides border would make any side nervous and we do not fault the Grand Duchy for her moves given the circumstance.

We call for an attempt at peaceful negotiation in this conflict, barring that we will have no choice but to heed Savages call to arms.

Charl E. Main.

[/Book]
Deo

Postby Silversought » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

[Book]The Mogul Mediason of Voyera declares at this time, following the direction of the Grand Duchy of the Fae, that a Nonaggression Pact for 2600 Schmuckers shall now be established between the two sides.[/Book]
Silversought

Postby LTDave » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:04 am

GJC Wrote for Effect wrote:Janis looked down at her battle maps, eyes glassy. That was... a lot of units. A lot of units. Savage camping outside Wonderland's cities, Voyeran fliers streaking around the map. What remained of the Fae, hiding out up north. She'd been a warlady once, long, long ago, and she was very grateful for those old instinct as she tried to make sense of it all. It wasn't easy, but one thing was clear. This turn was going to matter. Fight in the field, or turtle away. Strike or flee. Parley? Probably no more chance of that. The overlady gritted her teeth and turned from the table, dress flowing behind her as she made her way to the balcony. It was snowing lightly, flakes drifting from the sky and melting before they reached the ground. Aiur was cold, but it was still a desert hex. This damn Erflian desert.

The wind picked up as Janis sighed to herself, sending the drifting snowflakes whirling and tumbling. Janis watched them with a strange envy. No choices, no burdens. Just drift and fall and melt away. No betrayals, no death. Just the faint inevitability of their journey. Though Janis could hardly complain on that front. For all her fussing and planning and double-checking, her actions this turn were hardly any less inevitable. The course had been clear for over a turn now. There could be only one solution to this particular knot. And it was Gordian in nature.

Jans let a smile play over her lips as she heard a Megawit's scream in the distance. The wind swirled around her, seeming to entice her, wanting to be let in on the joke. And Janis obliged it, whispering her secret to the wind. "I made it all up. Surprise!"

Battle at a Crossroads.

Yungstar felt the ding, and immediately lifted his head. He was a favoured son of Savage, and now Chief Warlord. The standing orders had stood. The battle had come.

There was no trumpet like there would have been in a city, but every unit was aware. Wonderland is here.

And... more? Voyera? The Veshtu, riding on Megawits, led by Voyeran Anchors? How was that possible...? Unless?

Of course. A bluff. A blind. A ruse.

Nevermind. Battle was coming. Battle was here.

Yungstar decided to use his new Chief Warlord powers, and immediately promoted his ten vipers to heavies. The Sour Lord would not mind if they won, and if they lost, well, the Sour Lord could curse his corpse.

Turning to the other Warlord, Yungstar gave his final order. "Charge."

The Grand Army of the Winterview Alliance
Stack 1: 12 Wolves, 1 ReignDeer, 3 Veshtu [Wolfstack 1]
Stack 2: 15 Wolves, 1 ReignDeer [Wolfstack 2]
Stack 3: 14 Veshtu, 1 ReignDeer, 1 MegaWit [Veshtu Stack]
Stack 4: 10 ReignDeer, 1 Slay, 3 Warlords, 2 MegaWits [Command Deer Stack]
Stack 5: 3 Veshtu, 2 ReignDeer, 6 SwatCops, 2 Heavy SwatCops, 1 Warlord [Knight Stack]
(78 units - very close to the 80 hex limit - the biggest force assembled in Erflia thus far)
1239 hits, 2180 combat, 4.56 Average Defence

The Savage Army of the Savage Lands
Stack 1: 1 Warlord, 5 Vipers, 6 Stegasus, 2 Flyrannosaurus
Stack 2: 1 Warlord, 5 Vipers, 6 Stegasus, 2 Flyrannosaurus
Stack 3: 16 Rakasa Warriors
Stack 4: 16 Rakasa Warriors
Stack 5: 8 Rakasa Warriors

1108 hits, 1990 combat, 3.68 Average Defence
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games