My game. :o

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

My game. :o

Postby MuthSera » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Eep!

Looking for somebody who can code in flash. I'm trying to make a flash based tool to assist in mathematical operations in the tabletop RPG I'm making.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Re: My game. :o

Postby MuthSera » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 am

Anyways. I might as well give more detail if I'm going to expect a responce, right?

I'm trying to program initiative into an easy to work with, flash format, possibly for putting up on my wiki to use as a tool.

The way initiative works in my system is not only who acts first, (as it works in D&D...) But also how often they act.

Units have initiative scores that determine the rate at which they can act. Metaphorically, imagine each person has a jar, and can only act when their jar is full, and each jar holds 100 marbles. Each 'tick' of the clock adds a number of marbles to each person's jar equal to their initiative score. When a person gets to 100 marbles(or more..) they subtract 100, act, and then start over.

I've been programming this myself in an obscure, not so web friendly format for personal use on a MUD, however I'd really like assistance getting it into a flash format. I don't really require spectacular graphics so much as I simply need it to do this math.

Yar. Can anyone assist, or know anybody that can?
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Re: My game. :o

Postby elliotbay » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm no Flash programmer, but have you considered doing it in JavaScript? Something like this: http://www.jimmyh.name/misc/MuthSera.html
elliotbay
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Your Games