Erfworld Empires Strategy Game Rules Draft 1.3b

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfworld Empires Strategy Game Rules Draft 1.3b

Postby LTDave » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:28 am

This thread is to promote and discuss rule for a play by post strategy game based on the erfworld comics.

These rules are largely those used in the previous Empires game on this forum - but have been changed and hopefully clarified to improve gameplay.

This game is not intended to represent the full complexity we see in the comics - but to give the sense of the strategic situation.

Comments and feedback welcome.

Erfworld Empires
A Play-by-post forum game
By David Grounds & Ronaldo Calliari
DRAFT Version 1.3b

Premise
This is a turn based strategy game based loosely on the Erfworld Comic.
Each Player controls a small Erfworld Empire, composed of cities and units. They do combat to discover who among them can become THE GREATEST TOOL (of the Titans, of course).

Players post orders on the forum. A player may not post their next set of orders until all the other players have also posted their next turn, or six days have passed since their last post.

There is no GM, and every player’s units and stats are known to everyone. Players are expected to be honest, but other players should keep an eye on each other to ensure there are no errors in movement, expenses, etc.

Objective
A Player is deemed to be the Winner of the Game if, at the beginning of their Turn, they control THREE Capitals. If they do so, they are THE GREATEST TOOL (of the Titans).

If a player loses their last Capital, they have one turn to retake it. If they do not hold a Capital at the end of their next turn, they are out of the Game. All of their cities and units are removed.

Map
The map is a series of hexes. Hexes are named in columns, left to right (A to J), and numbered, top to bottom (1 to 10).

There are three terrain types – Open, Woods, and Water (white, green, and blue).

All units may move into and fight in Open.
All units may move into Woods, but Fliers may not fight. Fliers may be taken as casualties in woods, but do not count for Combat Bonuses.
Only Fliers can move into and fight over Water.

Cities
Players may build cities in Open hexes only. A City is marked with a circle of the appropriate colour, and a number, 1 – 5.
1 Indicates a small city – it produces 10 Schmuckers per turn.
2, 20 Schmuckers, 3, 30, 4, 40.
5 indicates a Capital – it produces 50 Schmuckers per turn.

Each player starts with a Capital. New Cities may be created in any open hex:
1. That doesn’t already have a City
2. Where the player has at least 1 unit, AND
3. That is not adjacent to any other City.
New Cities cost 10 Schmuckers to build.
To upgrade a City to the next level, pay Schmuckers equal to the level desired x 10.
e.g. To upgrade a level two to a level three, pay Thirty Schmuckers.
Cities may not upgrade multiple levels in a turn.
No City may be upgraded to a Capital (level 5). To win, you have to conquer two other Capitals.

Cities have a defence factor equal to its level – the number of units inside the city is multiplied by the level of the City for calculating Hits inflicted.
So three units inside a level 4 City would count as 12 units for calculating casualties.
This multiplication does not count for combat bonuses – three flyers in a level 3 city do not count as 9 for combat bonuses.

Schmuckers
Schmuckers are the primary resource in the Game. They are used to create and upgrade cities, and upkeep units.

Units
There are four kinds of units – Infantry, Cavalry, Fliers, and Siege.
All of the units count as having 1 combat point (except Siege), and 1 hit point. The main difference is the distance the units can move, and the upkeep cost.

Units can only be popped (created) in Cities. One unit can be popped in each City per level; e.g. A Level 3 city can pop 3 units in a turn. All Cities can pop Infantry, but only level 3 Cities or higher can pop Cavalry or Siege, and level 4 Cities or higher can pop Fliers. A city cannot pop new units if it has been built this turn.

Infantry can move 2 hexes in the open, and 1 in woods per turn, and cost 3 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Cavalry can move 3 hexes in open, or 1 hex in woods per turn, and cost 6 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Fliers can move 3 hexes (open, water, and woods) per turn, and cost 9 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Siege can move 1 hex (open or woods) per turn, and cost 6 Schmuckers in upkeep.

Siege units do not contribute to a combat, but can be taken as a casualty. Each Siege unit in an Attack lowers the level of any City defence by 1, to a minimum of 1. For example, a stack of units attacking a level 3 city has 2 siege units. The level of defence for the city is reduced to 1.

Combat
Combat happens when a player moves units into a hex containing units of another player. All movement happens before any combat is fought.

Take a Random Number (1 to 10) generated from the time of the post, and then add the “Tactical Bonus” number.
The side with the highest result is “Superior”, the other side “Inferior”. If a tie, the Defender is “Superior”.

The “Tactical Bonus” is additional points for the side with the majority of units of a certain type – the side with more infantry gains 1 point, the side with more cavalry gains 1 point, the side with more Flyers gains 1 point (if both sides have equal numbers of a unit type, the Defender gains the bonus).

The “Superior” side inflicts a number of hits on the opposing side equal to two-thirds of the number of units (rounded to nearest whole number).

The “Inferior” side inflicts a number of hits on the opposing side equal to one-third of the number of units (rounded to nearest whole number).

The side which inflicts the most hits is the Victor, the other side the loser. If a tie, the Defender is Victor.

For Example:

Transylvito has 8 Infantry units attacking Gobwin Knob’s 5 Infantry.
Transylvito uses the time of the post to generate two random numbers. The first (the attacker’s) is 6. The second is 3.

Transylvito has a score of 6 + 1 (Bonus Combat Point) = 7, which beats Gobwin Knob’s 3+0 = 3.

Transylvito is Superior, and inflicts 2/3 of 8 = 6 hits on Gobwin Knob.

Gobwin Knob is Inferior, and inflicts 1/3 of 6 = 2 hits on Transylvito.

Transylvito is the Victor, inflicting more hits than Gobwin Knob.

Casualties
The player controlling the units decides which ones are taken as casualties.

Retreats
If the Attacker is the Victor, all their surviving units end their turn in the attacked hex. If the attacked hex is a city, the city is captured at its current level.
If the Attacker is the Loser, all their surviving units return to the adjacent hex(es) from which they attacked.

If the Defender is the Victor, all their surviving units remain in the hex that was attacked. If the Defender is the Loser, all their surviving units must retreat 1 hex directly away from the main force of the enemy (ie – most of their units – if there is an even split, the Defender may choose which hex they retreat to).
Units which cannot enter such a hex’s terrain are destroyed – as are units forced off the map.

Attacking Retreating Defenders
Player 1 attacks player 2 and wins. Player 2’s surviving units retreat automatically, but Player 2 hasn’t logged in to list which units are casualties and which are not. Player 3 is impatient, and wants to stick the boot into Player 2’s defeated army. What should he do?
1. Assume that Player 2 has taken the least useful units as casualties first (ie, siege, then infantry, then cavalry, then flyers (unless in woods, then flyers before Infantry and Cavalry))
2. Calculate combat and results
3. When Player 2 logs in, they may choose which units were actually taken as casualties from both combats (if any are left) – but combat is not recalculated.

Random Numbers
To generate a random number, use the Erfworld Empires Spreadsheet (download from (WEBSITE TO COME)) and the time of the attacking post in minutes and seconds as one number.

For example, you create a post outlining the attack. Click Submit. Have a look at the post. The time might be: 10:24:36 am. Enter the number 2436 into the appropriate part of the spreadsheet, and this will generate the random numbers for combat. You may need to change your Forum settings to see the time in seconds.

Turn Procedure

1. Calculate Income from Cities
2. Build and Upgrade Cities
3. Create New Units
4. Pay Upkeep on Units (if you can’t afford upkeep, remove units until you can)
5. Move Units
6. Resolve Combat (if any)
7. Post end of turn report

Steps 1 –5 can be in one post.
Step 6 – there should be a post for each combat
Step 7 – once your turn is done, post a report stating where your units are, level of cities, etc.

Rules, Disputes, and Disagreements
These rules are inherently flawed in ways that can only be discovered in the playing. The rules can be changed by a vote on the forum. Each active player gets 1 vote, and a two-thirds majority is required to change the rules.

Beginning the Game
1. Indicate you want to play via this forum
2. Choose an Empire Name, Leader Name, Colour, etc.
3. Choose a location on the map for your capital – it cannot be within 3 hexes of another capital
4. Choose a location for a level 3 and a level 2 City. They must be within two hexes of at least 1 other city of yours.
5. Choose and deploy six units within 2 hexes of your capital.
THIS IS TURN 0.
Cities and Units may not be built, nor cities upgraded this turn.
Unit upkeep must be paid.
Empires start with 0 schmuckers, but will earn 100 schmuckers at the start of the turn.

INVITATION TO COMMENT

Any interested party is welcome to make suggestions, point out errors, etc.

I would like to add a section using A-Mancy, but I’m not sure how best to do this.
The tech developments of the previous version had some advantages, but I’m open to suggestions.
LTDave

Re: Erfworld Empires Strategy Game Rules Draft 1.3b

Postby Sinrus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:57 am

Okay, I'd like to play.
Empire Name: Draviston
Leader Name: Sinrus
Color: Gold
And I don't believe there's a map yet?...

Also, I'd like to suggest that instead of the defender choosing what units are lost, he/she should lose an equal amount from each class. Say for instance that I had 4 infantry, 3 cavalry, and 2 fliers for a total of 9 units and was defeated in battle. 2/3 of 9 is 6, so I would lose two units from each class, leaving me with only 2 infantry.

And a question: does it cost schmuckers to pop units? Or do you only have to pay their upkeep?
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 pm

1. I'm in again this time, Dave.
I'm tempted to give Superbia another go, but I won't.
2. Empire Name: Jai
Leader Name: turbler
Colour: purple.
turbler

Postby Charlie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:52 am

I wouldn't mind playing.

Empire Name: Charlescomm
Leader Name: Charlie
Color: Light Blue
Your battlespace solutions provider
Charlie

Postby Sinrus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 pm

OMG IT R CHARLIE! I KNEWZ THAT U R FRM EARTH!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!111!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Sinrus

Postby Sinrus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Okay, that was random.
Sinrus

Postby Telva » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:14 am

Hey Dave, sorry I had to randomly drop out like I did, and without warning. I kept hoping I would find time. I still do not think I would have the time, else I would play.

I stopped by to read the changes, and I like them. Units getting more move in the open than in woods makes sense. I'd like to suggest infantry not be hindered by woods, simply because it should be easier to move infantry through woods than horses.

----

As far as A-Mancy goes, I personally think some basic ones should be available to all players, which give no players extra A-mancy and allow them to develop up to 3 original ones over the course of a game under the same rules as last time.

Some basic ones could look like this, or be simplified. I've not priced these as far as develop A-mancy goes.

Warlord: You have the option, when popping a unit to instead pop a special "warlord unit" at an upkeep cost of x+1 (where x is the base unit type) which grants you +1 strategic bonus in combat if you would normally gain that strategic bonus while he is in the same hex (if you have more fliers you gain a total of +2; if you do not, you gain 0). Warlord Bonuses do not stack with each other, but separate types of warlords may provide bonuses to their unit's types (2 cavalry warlords are thus best split up since they do not stack their bonuses. A flying and a cavalry warlord can each provide their bonus.)Denote you have a Warlord and its type in a hex by placing the letter "W" followed by "i", "c", or "f" in parentheses after reporting its name.
i.e.2g Open Hex (Wi) level 0 would have a Infantry Warlord.

Moneymancy: All your cities produce +1 gold per level.

Chief Warlord: You have the option, when popping a unit to instead pop one (and only one) special "Chief Warlord Unit" with an upkeep of x+4 (where x is base unit type). While in an army he provides +2 strategic bonus. This does *not* stack with warlord bonuses. Denote you have a Chief Warlord and its type in a hex by placing the letter "C" followed by "i", "c", or "f" in parentheses after reporting its name.
i.e.2g Open Hex (Ci) level 0 would have a Infantry Chief Warlord.

Develop A-mancy plus: Gain 2 more develop A-mancy points per turn.

Versatile Army: At the start of your turn, you may choose to have all Flying units (including special units) act as cavalry, rather than flying units, until your next turn begins. This does *not* reduce upkeep.

Garrison: you may build a garrison in a city for 10 Schmuckers. If you do all units defending that city cost one less upkeep per turn. Garrisons are destroyed if the city is captured. Denote you have a garrison in a city by placing the letter "G" in parentheses after reporting its name.
i.e. 3a LTDave's Town (G) level 4 would have a garrison

Shockamancer: You may pop one (and only one) special "Infantry Unit", with a unit upkeep of 4 schmuckers a turn. While an army with a Shockamancer is defending, Attackers may never have a strategic advantage over you from flying units while they attack this city (you still only can have the strategic bonus if you have more flying units). This unit is destroyed if the city is captured. Denote you have a Shockamancer in a hex by placing the letter "S" in parentheses after reporting its name.
i.e.2g Open Hex (S) level 0 would have a shockamancer.

Healomancer: You can build a special "Infantry Unit" with an upkeep of 4. While in a hex with an army, you take one less damage from enemy armies during combat. You may only ever have two healomancer units at a time and their effects do not stack.
Telva

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Ok, so that's four players who have indicated interest.

Thanks for the suggestions Telva, I'll have a look.

Any other ideas?
LTDave

Postby Sinrus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Only other thing I can think of is that if we use Telva's warlord idea, then a stack commanded by a warlord should get to choose which enemies it destroys in battle, if it wins. An exception might be special units, like perhaps you can't target other warlords or 'mancers.
Sinrus

Postby LTDave » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Sinrus - I like that idea about the Warlord targeting specific units.

I also like the idea of having Warlord Units that develop as the game goes on, but I'm concerned this will take too much data-tracking.

I think that with the A-Mancy stuff I'd like a list of simple 'spells' or equivalent, and each side chooses a style of A-Mancy, and gets a certain amount of juice to spend on spells each turn.

Thoughts?

I'm planning on starting the game in about two weeks - let's say Monday Jan 30 as turn 0.

Anyone else want to sign up? I'll leave the map design until I know how many players I'm getting.
LTDave

Postby Crovius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:29 am

Hey guys, hope I can join as a 5th man, if not I'd love to at least contribute ideas and criticism.

Kingdom: Celestia
Leader: The Crow
Color: Black
Crovius

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Ok, so here's where you can download the spreadsheet, rules 1.3c, and the blank map.

http://sites.google.com/site/erfworldempires/files

Here's the rules again in text version. Download the .doc for a prettier version.

Erfworld Empires
A Play-by-post forum game
By David Grounds & Ronaldo Calliari
DRAFT Version 1.3c

Premise
This is a turn based strategy game based loosely on the Erfworld Comic.
Each Player controls a small Erfworld Empire, composed of cities and units. They do combat to discover who among them can become THE GREATEST TOOL (of the Titans, of course).

Players post orders on the forum. A player may not post their next set of orders until all the other players have also posted their next turn, or six days have passed since their last post.

There is no GM, and every player’s units and stats are known to everyone. Players are expected to be honest, but other players should keep an eye on each other to ensure there are no errors in movement, expenses, etc.

Objective
A Player is deemed to be the Winner of the Game if, at the beginning of their Turn, they control THREE Capitals. If they do so, they are THE GREATEST TOOL (of the Titans).

If a player loses their last Capital, they have one turn to retake it. If they do not hold a Capital at the end of their next turn, they are out of the Game. All of their cities and units are removed.

Map
The map is a series of hexes. Hexes are named in columns, left to right (A to J), and numbered, top to bottom (1 to 10). For the purposes of this game, the map is a cylinder, that is, A1 is adjacent to A10, as well as B1, B2, and A2. D1 is adjacent to six hexes, C10, D10, E10, E1, D2, C1.

There are three terrain types – Open, Woods, and Water (white, green, and blue).

All units may move into and fight in Open.
All units may move into Woods, but Fliers may not fight. Fliers may be taken as casualties in woods, but do not count for Combat Bonuses.
Only Fliers can move into and fight over Water.

Cities
Players may build cities in Open hexes only. A City is marked with a circle of the appropriate colour, and a number, 1 – 5.
1 Indicates a small city – it produces 10 Schmuckers per turn.
2, 20 Schmuckers, 3, 30, 4, 40.
5 indicates a Capital – it produces 50 Schmuckers per turn.

Each player starts with a Capital and two other cities. New Cities may be created in any open hex:
1. That doesn’t already have a City
2. Where the player has at least 1 unit, AND
3. That is not adjacent to any other City.
New Cities cost 10 Schmuckers to build.
To upgrade a City to the next level, pay Schmuckers equal to the level desired x 10.
e.g. To upgrade a level two to a level three, pay Thirty Schmuckers.
Cities may not upgrade multiple levels in a turn.
No City may be upgraded to a Capital (level 5). To win, you have to conquer two other Capitals.

Cities have a defence factor equal to its level – the number of units inside the city is multiplied by the level of the City for calculating Hits inflicted.
So three units inside a level 4 City would count as 12 units for calculating casualties.
This multiplication does not count for combat bonuses – three flyers in a level 3 city do not count as 9 for combat bonuses.

Schmuckers
Schmuckers are the primary resource in the Game. They are used to create and upgrade cities, and upkeep units.

Units
There are four kinds of units – Infantry, Cavalry, Fliers, and Siege.
All of the units count as having 1 combat point (except Siege), and 1 hit point. The main difference is the distance the units can move, and the upkeep cost.

Units can only be popped (created) in Cities. One unit can be popped in each City per level; e.g. A Level 3 city can pop 3 units in a turn. All Cities can pop Infantry, but only level 3 Cities or higher can pop Cavalry or Siege, and only level 4 Cities or higher can pop Fliers. Units cannot pop in a City that has been built this turn.

Infantry can move 2 hexes in the open, and 1 in woods per turn, and cost 3 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Cavalry can move 3 hexes in open, or 1 hex in woods per turn, and cost 6 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Fliers can move 3 hexes (open, water, and woods) per turn, and cost 9 Schmuckers in upkeep.
Siege can move 1 hex (open or woods) per turn, and cost 6 Schmuckers in upkeep.

Siege units do not contribute to a combat, but can be taken as a casualty. Each Siege unit in an Attack lowers the level of any City defence by 1, to a minimum of 1. For example, a stack of units attacking a level 3 city has 2 siege units. The level of defence for the city is reduced to 1.

Combat
Combat happens when a player moves units into a hex containing units of another player. All movement happens before any combat is fought.

Take a Random Number (1 to 10) generated from the time of the post, and then add the “Tactical Bonus” number.
The side with the highest result is “Superior”, the other side “Inferior”. If a tie, the Defender is “Superior”.

The “Tactical Bonus” is additional points for the side with the majority of units of a certain type – the side with more infantry gains 1 point, the side with more cavalry gains 1 point, the side with more Flyers gains 1 point (if both sides have equal numbers of a unit type, the Defender gains the bonus).

The “Superior” side inflicts a number of hits on the opposing side equal to two-thirds of the number of units (rounded to nearest whole number).

The “Inferior” side inflicts a number of hits on the opposing side equal to one-third of the number of units (rounded to nearest whole number).

The side which inflicts the most hits is the Victor, the other side the loser. If a tie, the Defender is Victor.

For Example:

Transylvito has 8 Infantry units attacking Gobwin Knob’s 5 Infantry.
Transylvito uses the time of the post to generate two random numbers. The first (the attacker’s) is 6. The second is 3.

Transylvito has a score of 6 + 1 (Bonus Combat Point) = 7, which beats Gobwin Knob’s 3+0 = 3.

Transylvito is Superior, and inflicts 2/3 of 8 = 6 hits on Gobwin Knob.

Gobwin Knob is Inferior, and inflicts 1/3 of 6 = 2 hits on Transylvito.

Transylvito is the Victor, inflicting more hits than Gobwin Knob.

Casualties
The player controlling the units decides which ones are taken as casualties.

Retreats
If the Attacker is the Victor, all their surviving units end their turn in the attacked hex. If the attacked hex is a city, the city is captured at its current level.
If the Attacker is the Loser, all their surviving units return to the adjacent hex(es) from which they attacked.

If the Defender is the Victor, all their surviving units remain in the hex that was attacked. If the Defender is the Loser, all their surviving units must retreat 1 hex directly away from the main force of the enemy (ie – most of their units – if there is an even split, the Defender may choose which hex they retreat to).
Units which cannot enter such a hex’s terrain are destroyed – as are units forced off the map.

Attacking Retreating Defenders
Player 1 attacks player 2 and wins. Player 2’s surviving units retreat automatically, but Player 2 hasn’t logged in to list which units are casualties and which are not. Player 3 is impatient, and wants to stick the boot into Player 2’s defeated army. What should he do?
1. Assume that Player 2 has taken the least useful units as casualties first (ie, siege, then infantry, then cavalry, then flyers (unless in woods, then flyers before Infantry and Cavalry))
2. Calculate combat and results
3. When Player 2 logs in, they may choose which units were actually taken as casualties from both combats (if any are left) – but combat is not recalculated.

Random Numbers
To generate a random number, use the Erfworld Empires Spreadsheet (download from (WEBSITE TO COME)) and the time of the attacking post in minutes and seconds as one number.

For example, you create a post outlining the attack. Click Submit. Have a look at the post. The time might be: 10:24:36 am. Enter the number 2436 into the appropriate part of the spreadsheet, and this will generate the random numbers for combat. You may need to change your Forum settings to see the time in seconds.

Characters
Each Empire may have up to THREE Characters. A Character is not a unit, and does not count towards combat casualties. A Character is destroyed if all the friendly units in the same hex are destroyed. Characters cost 10 Schmuckers a turn in upkeep, and can only be popped in a Capital. Capitals that pop a Character may not pop any units in that turn. Characters move as Flyers.
Characters fall broadly into two categories – Warlords, and Casters.

Warlords – Warlords have a level, 1 to 9. They are popped at level 1, and for each Victorious Attack in which they are involved, gain 1 level. In a combat, the side with the higher ranked Warlord gains +1 to the Tactical Bonus. If the levels are tied, the defender gains +1. If either side does not have a Warlord, their Tactical Bonus is -1. If one side has two Warlords, only the highest ranked counts.

In addition, for each level of the Warlord, the attacking player may specify which units of the opposition are casualties. For example, a player with a level 2 Warlord inflicts four casualties. The attacker may declare that two of the casualties are Flyers. The Defender may choose the other casualties at their own discretion.

Casters – There are a variety of Casters, each with different skills:

Croak-A-Mancer – in a victorious attack, one half of the opposing casualties are ‘uncroaked’ and become part of your faction. Your side may not have a Croak-A-Mancer and a Heal-O-Mancer.

Econ-A-Mancer – each turn an Econ-A-Mancer spends in the capital, the side gains +15% Gold.

Fool-A-Mancer – At the beginning of the turn, any units with a Fool-A-Mancer may move 1 additional hex.

Think-A-Mancer – For each Think-A-Mancer in the Capital, a side may add +1 to the Tactical Bonus of an attack anywhere on the map – this represents superior command and control.

Heal-A-Mancer – Casualties in Attacks are reduced by half. Only one Heal-A-Mancer per combat.

Ditto-A-Mancer – A Dittomancer doubles the number of units in an attack – so 5 count as 10. BUT this is a draining exercise, and the Dittomancer will take 2 turns to restore their JUICE, and may make no actions until the 3rd turn.

Turn Procedure

1. Calculate Income from Cities
2. Build and Upgrade Cities
3. Create New Units
4. Pay Upkeep on Units (if you can’t afford upkeep, remove units until you can)
5. Move Units
6. Resolve Combat (if any)
7. Post end of turn report

Steps 1 –5 can be in one post.
Step 6 – there should be a post for each combat
Step 7 – once your turn is done, post a report stating where your units are, level of cities, etc.

Rules, Disputes, and Disagreements
These rules are inherently flawed in ways that can only be discovered in the playing. The rules can be changed by a vote on the forum. Each active player gets 1 vote, and a two-thirds majority is required to change the rules.

Beginning the Game
1. Indicate you want to play via this forum
2. Choose an Empire Name, Leader Name, Colour, etc.
3. Choose a location on the map for your capital – it cannot be within 3 hexes of another capital
4. Choose a location for a level 3 and a level 2 City. They must be within two hexes of at least 1 other city of yours.
5. Choose and deploy six units within 2 hexes of your capital.
THIS IS TURN 0.
Cities and Units may not be built, nor cities upgraded this turn.
Unit upkeep must be paid.
Empires start with 0 schmuckers, but will earn 100 schmuckers at the start of the turn.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Ok, so I'd like all the players who want to play to post here again - just so I know you've read this far.

If you want to play, make sure you have access to excel so you can use the spreadsheet and post your reports in the correct format, calculate battles, etc.

You will also have to alter your settings so you can see minutes and seconds on posts.

LTDave

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 am

Resigning up.

One question: Do we get to choose which casters we get? And there should be a dirtamancer, who negates (or halves) the cost of upgrading or building a city.
Sinrus

Postby Charlie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

I am ready.
Your battlespace solutions provider
Charlie

Postby LTDave » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Sinrus,

Yes, you get to choose.

And I like the Dirtamancer halving upgrade costs. Very good. I'll add that one in.

Any other ideas for x-A-Mancers?
LTDave

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Change Econ-a-mancer to moneymancer. Turnamancer lets you produce an extra unit per turn in each city (or just city its in?)
Sinrus

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Oh, and how do I change my time so that it tells me the seconds?
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I believe you got to the user control panel, then in the board preference under global settings you change your time display to custom and put in D M d, Y g:i s a That will show Date Month day, Year then 12 hour time:minutes seconds and then am/pm.

Also I'm ready.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Also proposals on casters:

Shockamancer: Can be used to counter 1 Character in an enemy stack by blasting them with a shockamancy spell, canceling that character's bonus. Uses up a lot of JUICE, causing the Shockamancer to rest for a turn.

Luckamancer: Having a Luckamancer in a city gives it a +2 combat bonus to defense after the Luckamancer has started 2 turns in that city. If the Luckamancer leaves the city it loses its defense bonus and even if he re-enters he must start in it for 2 turns again to gain the bonus.

Retconjurer: After an amancy technology has been developed, its rules are pretty much set. At a price in Schmucks equal to the number of Amancy points it cost to research the Amancy x 5 the Retcoonjurer can change one word, or alter one numeric value by 20%. This is a taxing effort and the Retconjurer can only perform such an amazing action once every 5 turns.
Crovius

Next

Return to Your Games