Looking for a game that Erfworld reminds me of

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Looking for a game that Erfworld reminds me of

Postby Hammurabi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38 am

Hello fellow Erfworld fans,

I am looking for a computer game which Erfworld has reminded me of. It was a turn based game which was sort of like civilization with hexes and cities and so forth, but it was in a fantasy setting with halflings, dwarves, elves, trolls, etc.

I thought it might be Heroes of Might and Magic after searching for a bit, but while initially I thought that might be it I realized the gameplay was very different.

It is an old game which I must have played more than 10 years ago. I can't really think of any more pertinent details. If I saw a screenshot of some of the battle gameplay I know I would recognize it in an instant. Edit: Specifically, I can remember halfling units that threw rocks with slings.

If anyone recognizes the game from my description I would really appreciate knowing its name.

Thanks!
Hammurabi

Re: Looking for a game that Erfworld reminds me of

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby Hammurabi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:22 am

I may be imaging the hexes! It was such a long time ago. They might have just been squares or something. Edit: I looked it up and that was not the game. Thanks very much just the same. I don't think I will find it to be honest, but I appreciate the response because I am still a bit hopeful.
Hammurabi

Postby Soulus101 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 am

Soulus101

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:29 am

Sounds like it may be Fantasy General or even Warcraft... before it became World of Warcraft.

I'd suggest looking on this abandonware site as it contains lots of old freely downloadable games and not just the strategy section pointed to in the url above
Werebiscuit

Postby Carnymancer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Good link
Carnymancer

Return to General Gaming